This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

PS2, what did you think?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
game0reviews
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
game0reviews

PS2, what did you  think? Empty
PostSubject: PS2, what did you think?   PS2, what did you  think? EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 5:58 pm

I am a multi owner. i own a XBOX 360 and a ps3 but i barely play my ps3. The thing is though i really thought that PS2 was the second best console of all time. I mean it had little if no online but i loved it. Just wondering what you guys thought of the PS2.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/game0reviews
360WNED
Senior Chief Petty Officer
360WNED

PostSubject: Re: PS2, what did you think?   PS2, what did you  think? EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 7:07 pm

I think it's total rubbish... People always say it was the best console of the last gen, but to me it was a total jap system. Nothing on it appealed to me I couldn't get on a XBOX. Aside from the WWF games. Now I did like those, but other then that nothing else was as great as people made it. Oh, yeah... I still have the piece of crap too. So I didn't just say that cause I think Sony is shit. Still got my PSOne aswell.
Back to top Go down
game0reviews
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
game0reviews

PostSubject: Re: PS2, what did you think?   PS2, what did you  think? EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 2:49 am

did you like the PS1?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/game0reviews
360WNED
360WNED

PostSubject: Re: PS2, what did you think?   PS2, what did you  think? EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 4:02 pm

It was decent, I enjoyed it more then i enjoyed the PS2. It had it's decent titles, but I kind of liked the N64 more. Only thing that kind of kept me away from it at times was it's terrible controller.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Four Star General (Moderator)
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: PS2, what did you think?   PS2, what did you  think? EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 4:22 pm

I didnt like it at all, shreded my GTA3 and Vice city games.... Since then i haven played it. Never liked the contollers either, i still dont like the ps contoller.

N64 > PS1

Xbox > PS2

Xbox360 > PS3
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
360WNED
360WNED

PostSubject: Re: PS2, what did you think?   PS2, what did you  think? EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 6:15 pm

Blixtstorm wrote:
I didnt like it at all, shreded my GTA3 and Vice city games.... Since then i haven played it. Never liked the contollers either, i still dont like the ps contoller.

N64 > PS1

Xbox > PS2

Xbox360 > PS3
Agree with this guy.. I mean his which is better part.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: PS2, what did you think?   PS2, what did you  think? EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 7:27 pm

I own a ps2(i was playing it today).It is a good console.I liked it moslty for its libary.Ex.jak and daxter franchise,ratchet and clank,sly,socom.But i also loved the gamecube.Never cared for the original xbox.So i think ps2 was a great console.But 360 owns ps3 this gen.

Last edited by Arbiteris on Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: PS2, what did you think?   PS2, what did you  think? EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 8:05 pm

The Dreamcast was better, but the Sony's lies about the power of the PS2 kept people from even giving the Dreamcast a chance.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
360WNED
360WNED

PostSubject: Re: PS2, what did you think?   PS2, what did you  think? EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 10:00 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
The Dreamcast was better, but the Sony's lies about the power of the PS2 kept people from even giving the Dreamcast a chance.
Dreamcast still owns the Piece of Shit 2. I still have mines hooked up tuiol this day, and the fact that you can download any game & burn it onto a CDR makes it 10x better then the PS2. That's what Sony does though. They lie, and make their things seem bigger then what they are really going to be.
Back to top Go down
dreadraptor85
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
dreadraptor85

PostSubject: Re: PS2, what did you think?   PS2, what did you  think? EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 3:15 am

I had a XBOX 1 last gen but my cousins/friends had PS2 so I just played PS2 it at their house. I had fun playing it.
Back to top Go down
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: PS2, what did you think?   PS2, what did you  think? EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 6:51 pm

I thought Xbox was better and had more hardcore games.
Back to top Go down
360WNED
360WNED

PostSubject: Re: PS2, what did you think?   PS2, what did you  think? EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 7:25 pm

Zombl337 wrote:
It did... Only thing it was missing was all the games japanese people liked. Which was the reason I liked it more. People always say the original XBOX failed because it's library wasn't as big as the PS2's, but 90% of the PS2's library was crap (not counting multiplats). Now that may not be a fact to some, but it is to me because it's my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: PS2, what did you think?   PS2, what did you  think? EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 8:14 pm

MICHAEL wrote:
Zombl337 wrote:
It did... Only thing it was missing was all the games japanese people liked. Which was the reason I liked it more. People always say the original XBOX failed because it's library wasn't as big as the PS2's, but 90% of the PS2's library was crap (not counting multiplats). Now that may not be a fact to some, but it is to me because it's my opinion.

Well,i actually found the ps2's libary better.I pretty muched only liked halo series from the originl xbox.but 360 has ALOT better games than ps3
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: PS2, what did you think?   PS2, what did you  think? EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 11:18 pm

Never liked ps2 much like many others.I was playing dreamcast and then moved on to gamecube.I like the ps1,it was very good but i couldn't get into ps2 much.
Back to top Go down
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: PS2, what did you think?   PS2, what did you  think? EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 4:26 pm

It was awesome until I got my Xbox Smile
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: PS2, what did you think?   PS2, what did you  think? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 4:52 pm

well the gamecube was great then i played ps2(only for r&c)
after a while i went back to gamecube and then got an xbox which was a demi-god in a plastic casing anyways before i start to ramble
360>PS3
Xbox>gamecube>PS2
PS1>n64(note this is most likely because i suffered a head injury and for the life of me i cant remeber my n64 also doctor mario caused the head injury)
Back to top Go down
360WNED
360WNED

PostSubject: Re: PS2, what did you think?   PS2, what did you  think? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 5:04 pm

arntson wrote:
well the gamecube was great then i played ps2(only for r&c)
after a while i went back to gamecube and then got an xbox which was a demi-god in a plastic casing anyways before i start to ramble
360>PS3
Xbox>gamecube>PS2
PS1>n64(note this is most likely because i suffered a head injury and for the life of me i cant remeber my n64 also doctor mario caused the head injury)
I'll go with this best to worst ratio Smile. I feel about the same way. Only thing that keeps nintendo out of my life is their god awful controllers.
Back to top Go down
darkwingdragon709

PostSubject: Re: PS2, what did you think?   PS2, what did you  think? EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 7:45 pm

i thought that the ps2 was one of the most overrated consoles ever made. apart from it havin a good handfull of exclusives, most games in its never endin library where garbage at best. the GC and the Xbox both had better exclusives, and in some cases better versions of multiplats, not to mention FAR better graphical power and hardware.
Back to top Go down
miroforlife
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
miroforlife

PostSubject: Re: PS2, what did you think?   PS2, what did you  think? EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 2:09 pm

i say the ps2 was the only consol u needed i mean the dc died and it was going to die anyway because barely 10 mil ppl bought sega consol, sega was losing money and the dc had the gc, xb and ps2 out. the xbox was okay but it didn't have the most games and it only had halo. the gamecube came in too late becsue the ps2 was too far head and it wasn't adsertised alot. Also the gc barely had 3rd party support thanks to the ps2 and super mario sunshine failed in getting consols sold. To win in the consol war u need a cheap, but with alot of games, thanks y the ps1, ps2, wii and snes always won
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: PS2, what did you think?   PS2, what did you  think? EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 2:35 pm

I hate to say it but I regret buying a ps2 if it wasn't for one game: Bully.
Really, I never play it. My PSP I play ALL the time but ps2 just never striked me as such a great console. :/ I preferred gamecube, xbox and PSP.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
C_Panda
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: PS2, what did you think?   PS2, what did you  think? EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 5:21 pm

Blixtstorm wrote:

N64 > PS1

Xbox > PS2

Xbox360 > PS3
100% agree.
Back to top Go down
spartan225

PostSubject: Re: PS2, what did you think?   PS2, what did you  think? EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 5:35 pm

still xbox had one thing ps2 didnt: Built in memory.
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: PS2, what did you think?   PS2, what did you  think? EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 12:13 am

miroforlife wrote:
i say the ps2 was the only consol u needed i mean the dc died and it was going to die anyway because barely 10 mil ppl bought sega consol, sega was losing money and the dc had the gc, xb and ps2 out. the xbox was okay but it didn't have the most games and it only had halo. the gamecube came in too late becsue the ps2 was too far head and it wasn't adsertised alot. Also the gc barely had 3rd party support thanks to the ps2 and super mario sunshine failed in getting consols sold. To win in the consol war u need a cheap, but with alot of games, thanks y the ps1, ps2, wii and snes always won

Xbox had more than Halo. Panzer dragoon,kotor,conker,ninja gaiden,fable,it had built in hdd,xbox live and most multiplats looked better on it. ps2 sucks,the controller is terrible,crap online.
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: PS2, what did you think?   PS2, what did you  think? EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 6:29 pm

I think that the PlayStation 2 is one of the best consoles ever made by men.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: PS2, what did you think?   PS2, what did you  think? EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 9:26 pm

I love the Playstation 2. It had a bunch of good franchises, and games. Hated the controller though, and same goes for the PS3's controller.

God of War series
Sly Cooper series
Shadow of the Colossus
Ratchet and Clank series
Jak and Daxter series
Yakuza series
Okami
Devil May Cry series
Kingdom Hearts series
Tekken 5
Time Crisis series

Probably many more, but those are what I can remember off the top of my head.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PS2, what did you think?   PS2, what did you  think? Empty

Back to top Go down

PS2, what did you think?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Other Platforms :: Other Gaming (General Talk)-
Jump to: