This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

3DS, are you interested?

Go down 
+2
343_Guilty_Spark
DemonWolf
6 posters
AuthorMessage
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

3DS, are you interested? Empty
PostSubject: 3DS, are you interested?   3DS, are you interested? EmptySat May 15, 2010 10:32 am

I personally think it sounds like a novelty. I'm not interested in it tbh. But what about you?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: 3DS, are you interested?   3DS, are you interested? EmptySat May 15, 2010 2:59 pm

It's going to blow the PSP even farther out of the water than the DS has, but I'm mostly just interested in the 3D technology. It's going to have great games becuase it's a Nintendo machine, but I just want to see 3D work without glasses.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: 3DS, are you interested?   3DS, are you interested? EmptySat May 15, 2010 3:14 pm

I'm going to wait a year or so for the newer model and price drop. I'm plenty satisfied with my DSi as it is. And by then there will be more games and the launch games will have had a price drop.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: 3DS, are you interested?   3DS, are you interested? EmptySat May 15, 2010 3:27 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
I'm going to wait a year or so for the newer model and price drop. I'm plenty satisfied with my DSi as it is. And by then there will be more games and the launch games will have had a price drop.

Smart move. I do the same thing most of the time.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: 3DS, are you interested?   3DS, are you interested? EmptySat May 15, 2010 4:15 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
It's going to blow the PSP even farther out of the water than the DS has, but I'm mostly just interested in the 3D technology. It's going to have great games becuase it's a Nintendo machine, but I just want to see 3D work without glasses.

lol I don't think so. Because psp's blown the ds out of the water in terms of games which I think is what matters, amirite? Razz
And yeah...I just hope they actually give it more power and a better format than the cartridge so they can fit a pretty big game on it like Ocarina Of Time (it's actually a really small file size in N64 format but I think for ds format it would be a lot larger).

BlackStigma wrote:
Cool. Yeah I'm just gonna buy a ds this year and keep playing that and if the next psp or 3ds gets games i really wanna get, I'll trade in the ds and get whatever one appeals to me. And yeah, wise choice. It can suck if you buy a system at launch and there are no games for it.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: 3DS, are you interested?   3DS, are you interested? EmptySat May 15, 2010 4:28 pm

demondragondude wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:

lol I don't think so. Because psp's blown the ds out of the water in terms of games which I think is what matters, amirite? Razz
And yeah...I just hope they actually give it more power and a better format than the cartridge so they can fit a pretty big game on it like Ocarina Of Time (it's actually a really small file size in N64 format but I think for ds format it would be a lot larger).

BlackStigma wrote:
Cool. Yeah I'm just gonna buy a ds this year and keep playing that and if the next psp or 3ds gets games i really wanna get, I'll trade in the ds and get whatever one appeals to me. And yeah, wise choice. It can suck if you buy a system at launch and there are no games for it.

IMO the DS is a far FAR better handheld than the PSP. The PSP is nothing more than an underpowered PS2 with a tiny screen and a crapy thumb nub thing. All the games are designed as console games and thats where they should have gone. DS games are portable games that work on a small screen on the go. The PSP doesn't even have the battery life of a Game Gear.

There's a reason everyone owns a DS and the PSP struggles. The DS is what a handheld should be. Could it be better, would it have been nice to have nicer 3D graphics? Yes and yes, but that doesn't stop it from being fun to play at a bus stop. New Super Mario Bros and Zelda Phantom Hourglass are what portable gaming is about. The upcoming MGS PW should have been a PS2 game.

The DS did blow the PSP out of the water in both sales and game library. The 3DS will do the same to both the PSP and if Sony feels like getting punished again the PSP2.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: 3DS, are you interested?   3DS, are you interested? EmptySat May 15, 2010 6:41 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:

BlackStigma wrote:

IMO the DS is a far FAR better handheld than the PSP. The PSP is nothing more than an underpowered PS2 with a tiny screen and a crapy thumb nub thing. All the games are designed as console games and thats where they should have gone. DS games are portable games that work on a small screen on the go. The PSP doesn't even have the battery life of a Game Gear.

There's a reason everyone owns a DS and the PSP struggles. The DS is what a handheld should be. Could it be better, would it have been nice to have nicer 3D graphics? Yes and yes, but that doesn't stop it from being fun to play at a bus stop. New Super Mario Bros and Zelda Phantom Hourglass are what portable gaming is about. The upcoming MGS PW should have been a PS2 game.

The DS did blow the PSP out of the water in both sales and game library. The 3DS will do the same to both the PSP and if Sony feels like getting punished again the PSP2.

Yay the flame wars have begun!! Very Happy lol

Well, personally I would take an analog nub over the ds's control pad & touch screen. It's just so smooth to use and works surprisingly well for a handheld.
And the screen is a fantastic size for a handheld. It makes games look better than a lot of ps2 games.
Battery life, yeah I'll admit it lacks there but if you aren't connected to wifi, don't have the screen brightness on the full setting it can last up to around 7 hours, which isn't bad and I think it's worth it, seeing as you can play those lovely ps2 standard games.

And come on, wii dominates in sales. What for? Being targetted at a casual audience. Ds does the same.
Plus, if you look at the best games of the ds's library, the majority of them are not any better than an A or AA psp game!
The reason I never decided to buy a ds until this year is because it only got a lot of shovelware and very few titles that appealed to me. Most are the same games with just different sprites & storyline!
lol seriously!
And all the games that had amazing potential for a handheld game realllly fell short on the ds.
Broken Sword - Masterpiece. Wonderful storyline & amazing voice acting. Shame on the ds, all the voice acting was stripped out and it was a vital thing for this game!!
Might n Magic - Sigh, I'm sure it may be a fun game but it's nothing like the Might N Magic games on pc or even the olllld Heroes Of Might N' Magic games which would have been awesome for a portable system.
Legend Of Zelda - well I've not played the games admittedly but ugghhh, when will there be another LOZ game as good as Ocarina Of Time or at least Majoras Mask?! Come on..
Gta Chinatown Wars - Rockstar previously showed us how it could bring some of the best games in the series to a handheld with pretty much no loss in gameplay or graphics. Shame they let their standards slip due to the ds's hardware limitations....
And so on..

Also I don't see why you complain about the psp's games library when it has as many games as the Gamecube (and it's life is not over yet, far from it. 2010's it's best year so far!) and sales too, it's sold more than the XBOX and GAMECUBE together!!

Anyway, this has been fun. Smile feel free to respond. Btw just for the record, I do actually like ds. lol it may not seem like it but I do. I just have always preferred psp. XD
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: 3DS, are you interested?   3DS, are you interested? EmptySat May 15, 2010 7:22 pm

If you have a PS2 or a PS3 there is no reason to own a PSP. All I'm saying is the DS is a portable system with portable games. The PSP is a tiny PS2 with console style games. Why would I want to lug around console games? If I want to play hardcore games that require hours of my full attention I'll play at home on a console attached to a TV.

Nintendo knows what a handheld system is for. Games that a full in small bits that you can play on a bus or while waiting in line. Ten minutes here, ten minutes there. Get in a few levels of New Super Mario Bros before a movie starts at the cinema.

The PSP may have nicer graphics, but it really has no business in your pocket for the same reason the Sega Nomade didn't.
Back to top Go down
andes755
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: 3DS, are you interested?   3DS, are you interested? EmptySun May 16, 2010 8:33 am

I can play all the classic consoles on my hacked PSP and have the entire PS1 library at my disposal, so I could care less about the DS frankly when I have 35000+ games at my disposal

interesting technology though
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: 3DS, are you interested?   3DS, are you interested? EmptySun May 16, 2010 8:52 am

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
If you have a PS2 or a PS3 there is no reason to own a PSP. All I'm saying is the DS is a portable system with portable games. The PSP is a tiny PS2 with console style games. Why would I want to lug around console games? If I want to play hardcore games that require hours of my full attention I'll play at home on a console attached to a TV.

Nintendo knows what a handheld system is for. Games that a full in small bits that you can play on a bus or while waiting in line. Ten minutes here, ten minutes there. Get in a few levels of New Super Mario Bros before a movie starts at the cinema.

The PSP may have nicer graphics, but it really has no business in your pocket for the same reason the Sega Nomade didn't.

I own a ps2 & psp and now have no need for ps2.
I can take ps2 standard games anywhere with me. Smile
And in long car journeys or train journeys or in a plane I don't want to keep jumping on top of mushrooms and going down pipes, I wanna explore Liberty City and kill some pedestrians! Very Happy
And psp is not without simple handheld games, it's got Loco Roco and Patapon and Half Minute Hero, etc
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: 3DS, are you interested?   3DS, are you interested? EmptySun May 16, 2010 8:53 am

andes755 wrote:
I can play all the classic consoles on my hacked PSP and have the entire PS1 library at my disposal, so I could care less about the DS frankly when I have 35000+ games at my disposal

Exactly!! Very Happy

Snes games
Gb games
Gbc games
Gba games
N64 games
Ds games (laggy though)
Ps1 games

and so on, all on PSP Smile
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: 3DS, are you interested?   3DS, are you interested? EmptySun May 16, 2010 9:43 am

I'm interested in 3DS, but I'm really in no hurry to upgrade from my DS lite. They've been releasing updated models so frequently lately, I'm hesitant to go out and buy one. Because in a couple months they'll just put out something better.

As for DS vs. PSP, I gotta agree with Sparky on this one. PSP is more powerful and has console style games which is nice. But DS has a much better battery life and games that are better suited to play while you're on the go. I mainly use my PSP as a glorified MP3 player when I take it out of the house.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: 3DS, are you interested?   3DS, are you interested? EmptySun May 16, 2010 11:42 am

demondragondude wrote:
andes755 wrote:

Exactly!! Very Happy

Snes games
Gb games
Gbc games
Gba games
N64 games
Ds games (laggy though)
Ps1 games

How do you play a DS game on a PSP? You have no touch screen.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: 3DS, are you interested?   3DS, are you interested? EmptySun May 16, 2010 3:00 pm

demondragondude wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:

And in long car journeys or train journeys or in a plane I don't want to keep jumping on top of mushrooms and going down pipes, I wanna explore Liberty City and kill some pedestrians! Very Happy
And psp is not without simple handheld games, it's got Loco Roco and Patapon and Half Minute Hero, etc

There is nothing I can say that will change your mind and there is nothing you can say to change mine. You prefer the PSP and I think the PSP is pointless.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: 3DS, are you interested?   3DS, are you interested? EmptySun May 16, 2010 5:59 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
andes755 wrote:

Exactly!! Very Happy

Snes games
Gb games
Gbc games
Gba games
N64 games
Ds games (laggy though)
Ps1 games

How do you play a DS game on a PSP? You have no touch screen.

I honestly don't know. I can't remember if I tried it myself or if I watched a vid but I remember it lagged like crazy and the screens were horizontal (it's dual screen).
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: 3DS, are you interested?   3DS, are you interested? EmptySun May 16, 2010 6:00 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:

There is nothing I can say that will change your mind and there is nothing you can say to change mine. You prefer the PSP and I think the PSP is pointless.

I know. That's the retarded thing about console wars in the first place. People set out to try and change people's opinions but in actual fact, it's near-impossible to do that.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: 3DS, are you interested?   3DS, are you interested? EmptyTue May 18, 2010 3:33 pm

DDD, all this flaming the Ds has brought my attention back to debating with you again. Smile
Let the Games begin.
Then again 343 pretty much explained why the Ds is better.....
If you really like power in a handheld then the 3DS will pwn the PsP.
Nintendo stated the 3DS will be as powerful as the Gamcube. Gamecube is more advanced than the Ps2. So if the 3DS is as powerful or even more, You're precious PsP will be destroyed in terms of Graphics and power, Add that to classic games and you have one hell of a handheld.
ITS ALSO 3D Very Happy
The PsP will soon be obsolete.
PsP watered down Ps2
3DS fully powered Gamecube with 3D.
So, the only thing Psp has over the DS will be terminated.
LONG LIVE THE DS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Razz
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: 3DS, are you interested?   3DS, are you interested? EmptyWed May 19, 2010 1:15 pm

Bluenose wrote:
DDD, all this flaming the Ds has brought my attention back to debating with you again. Smile
Let the Games begin.
Nintendo stated the 3DS will be as powerful as the Gamcube. Gamecube is more advanced than the Ps2. So if the 3DS is as powerful or even more, You're precious PsP will be destroyed in terms of Graphics and power, Add that to classic games and you have one hell of a handheld.
ITS ALSO 3D Very Happy
PsP watered down Ps2

hahaha! XD

Tbh I really cba to begin arguing. I've had 2 A-level exams today, I'm reallllllly too tired.

And this wasn't ds flaming, just saying so far people have hyped it up when they've seen nothing and I wanted to know what's so great about it.
And are you sure it's a "fully powered gamecube"? If it is, I'm soo getting one lol
Unless psp2 is better =]
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: 3DS, are you interested?   3DS, are you interested? EmptyWed May 19, 2010 2:36 pm

demondragondude wrote:
Bluenose wrote:
Let the Games begin.
ITS ALSO 3D Very Happy
PsP watered down Ps2

hahaha! XD

Tbh I really cba to begin arguing. I've had 2 A-level exams today, I'm reallllllly too tired.

And this wasn't ds flaming, just saying so far people have hyped it up when they've seen nothing and I wanted to know what's so great about it.
And are you sure it's a "fully powered gamecube"? If it is, I'm soo getting one lol
Unless psp2 is better =]
Well everytime Nintendo says a portable system is as powerful as a console system they delivered. In fact they made it stronger.
Gameboy SP said to be as strong as SNES turned out to be stronger, Ds said to be as strong as N64 turned out to be stronger. Etc.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: 3DS, are you interested?   3DS, are you interested? EmptyThu May 20, 2010 4:50 pm

Bluenose wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Bluenose wrote:
Let the Games begin.
ITS ALSO 3D Very Happy
PsP watered down Ps2

hahaha! XD

Unless psp2 is better =]
Well everytime Nintendo says a portable system is as powerful as a console system they delivered. In fact they made it stronger.
Gameboy SP said to be as strong as SNES turned out to be stronger, Ds said to be as strong as N64 turned out to be stronger. Etc.

Actually, ds aint stronger than n64.
I think it could do something better than n64.. maybe it was less jaggies or something but has worse texture detail... or maybe it's the other way around but check the specs.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: 3DS, are you interested?   3DS, are you interested? EmptyThu May 20, 2010 6:25 pm

demondragondude wrote:
Bluenose wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Bluenose wrote:
Let the Games begin.
ITS ALSO 3D Very Happy
PsP watered down Ps2

hahaha! XD

Unless psp2 is better =]

Actually, ds aint stronger than n64.
I think it could do something better than n64.. maybe it was less jaggies or something but has worse texture detail... or maybe it's the other way around but check the specs.
Fine then it evens out. Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3DS, are you interested?   3DS, are you interested? Empty

Back to top Go down

3DS, are you interested?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Other Platforms :: Nintendo-
Jump to: