This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

sony to charge online fee?

Go down 
+5
DarkSwarm85
Alan1994
andes755
343_Guilty_Spark
thejedi360
9 posters
AuthorMessage
thejedi360

sony to charge online fee? Empty
PostSubject: sony to charge online fee?   sony to charge online fee? EmptyMon May 17, 2010 11:15 pm

What you guys think of this?

VG247 has learned that Sony is to reveal plans for PSN’s premium services at E3.
According to a highly-placed source, Sony will announce a large-scale monetizing scheme for PSN at the LA show, but we’re assured nothing planned will impact the service’s current free aspects.
A string of features will be revealed, apparently costing “less than £50 per year”.Sony will confirm plans to give all subscribers one free PSN game per month, from a choice of “two to four” every month.
“If you work it out, PSN games cost an average of £6-9 each, so over a year you’re basically going to be breaking even,” said our source.
A streaming music application similar to Spotify will be announced in Sony’s press conference on June 15. It’s thought that this can run in the background while playing games.
Rumours that cross-game voice chat is being saved as a paid feature are apparently not true, we were told.
“I can tell you now, 100 percent, that that’s not the case,” our man continued.
“There’s nothing in the premium package which will gimp regular PSN users.”
The PSN premium services announcement is thought to be a major part of Sony’s E3 conference, which will also heavily feature Move.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
Four Star General (Moderator)
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: sony to charge online fee?   sony to charge online fee? EmptyTue May 18, 2010 1:29 am

Yawn.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net

PostSubject: Re: sony to charge online fee?   sony to charge online fee? EmptyTue May 18, 2010 4:50 pm

Seems alright. If I get extra $$$ i will probably get it.
Back to top Go down
andes755
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: sony to charge online fee?   sony to charge online fee? EmptyTue May 18, 2010 4:56 pm

https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com/sony-f21/the-premium-service-of-psn-t4169.htm?highlight=psn+premium

Zombl337 wrote:
While I am an Xbox Loyalist (NOT A FUCKING FANBOY....thnx for listening lol), I feel that the info on that forum DOMINATES XBOX LIVE. Microsoft now needs equivalents to the following to compete with Playstation Network:

1) Customer Service Priority Access
2) Exclusive Experiences with Microsoft Brands
3) Access to Beta Games (as in Microsoft sends you BETA codes directly on Xbox LIVE)
4) Member Demo Sharing of Full Game
5) Full Title Trial – 1st Hour Is Free (it would be nice to try some Xbox/360 On Demand Games before buying)
6) Token Wagering (How awesome would it be to wager virtual tokens and the more you win, the more PSN prizes you can redeem)
7) User-to-user Challenges (Ex: Setting a challenge to be the first to complete a game)
Cool Free Access to Dashboard Themes (set limit per month)
9) Cloud Storage Space for Games (GOODBYE MEMORY CARDS)
10) Loyalty Program Rewards (Microsoft is testing a Rewards Program right now, so we'll see how that develops)
11) Catch-up TV (services like HULU)

Microsoft has the games, and most likely more to announce @ E3 and the hype of the Xbox Brand from the Halo Reach BETA & Microsoft's Press Conference AND (separate) NATAL Private Showing. Now Microsoft just needs to revamp Xbox LIVE, and also release a 360 Slim/Natal bundle.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: sony to charge online fee?   sony to charge online fee? EmptyTue May 18, 2010 7:36 pm

Pretty cool. I wonder how Microsoft plans to answer this since Xbox Live use to be a major sellign point for the Xbox 360.
Back to top Go down
DarkSwarm85
Master Chief Petty Officer
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: sony to charge online fee?   sony to charge online fee? EmptyTue May 18, 2010 8:27 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
Pretty cool. I wonder how Microsoft plans to answer this since Xbox Live use to be a major sellign point for the Xbox 360.

Gold members should get gamerpics, themes, and avatar clothing for free.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: sony to charge online fee?   sony to charge online fee? EmptyWed May 19, 2010 7:42 am

Alan1994 wrote:

And still is and continue will be ahead of PSN. This is not a formal announcement and could be entirely made up.
Back to top Go down
Ozsem

PostSubject: Re: sony to charge online fee?   sony to charge online fee? EmptyWed May 19, 2010 11:18 am

DarkSwarm85 wrote:
Gold members should get gamerpics, themes, and avatar clothing for free.

You do in some games. Not to metion there are free gamerpic and theme in the live browser.

Im gonna laugh if sony going to make a fee online. PSN is crap and nowhere near Live standards. Aswell has not even having the basic features that Live has. The PS3 fanboys won't be able to complain anymore about spending 40£/50$ for it and another reason why PS3 is last place.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: sony to charge online fee?   sony to charge online fee? EmptyWed May 19, 2010 8:44 pm

PSN needs this because PSN is an utter joke right now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: sony to charge online fee?   sony to charge online fee? EmptyThu May 20, 2010 8:10 am

ghost23 wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

And still is and continue will be ahead of PSN. This is not a formal announcement and could be entirely made up.

If it is real, this could mean that PSN will soon catch up to XBL with some more money for servers for the store and paying for other things. It would take a few years but it could happen.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: sony to charge online fee?   sony to charge online fee? EmptyThu May 20, 2010 8:37 am

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

If it is real, this could mean that PSN will soon catch up to XBL with some more money for servers for the store and paying for other things. It would take a few years but it could happen.

To be honest, this is me being completely neutral right now, all the stuff we've heard about the PSN premium service seems a bit too good to be true. And in the gaming industry, when this happens, it normally means that its not true.
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: sony to charge online fee?   sony to charge online fee? EmptyThu May 20, 2010 3:48 pm

lmao at this i bet the games are like tetris and uno! but seriously its prolly fake dont know about this vg247
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: sony to charge online fee?   sony to charge online fee? EmptyThu May 20, 2010 8:47 pm

ghost23 wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

To be honest, this is me being completely neutral right now, all the stuff we've heard about the PSN premium service seems a bit too good to be true. And in the gaming industry, when this happens, it normally means that its not true.

Yeah, I thought the same thing. And I really hope it isnt fake, because a lot of it would be really cool! But I wouldnt doubt it is fake.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: sony to charge online fee?   sony to charge online fee? Empty

Back to top Go down

sony to charge online fee?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Other Platforms :: Sony-
Jump to: