This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

EA has caused a SHITSTORM!

Go down 
+6
Zombl337
arnt god of war
Arbiteris
343_Guilty_Spark
ghost23
DarkSwarm85
10 posters
AuthorMessage
DarkSwarm85
Master Chief Petty Officer
DarkSwarm85

EA has caused a SHITSTORM! Empty
PostSubject: EA has caused a SHITSTORM!   EA has caused a SHITSTORM! EmptyFri May 21, 2010 6:47 am

You're going to have to pay to play online if you buy used.

Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: EA has caused a SHITSTORM!   EA has caused a SHITSTORM! EmptyFri May 21, 2010 7:39 am

Support the developers. Simple as that. They work hard to make this product the least you could do it pay them for it.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: EA has caused a SHITSTORM!   EA has caused a SHITSTORM! EmptyFri May 21, 2010 4:32 pm

ghost23 wrote:
Support the developers. Simple as that. They work hard to make this product the least you could do it pay them for it.

EA is not going to give the money to it's developers. EA is going to give it to it's executives.

If I buy a used TV I don't have to pay GE to hook up a DVD player. If I buy a used toaster I don't have to pay GE to cook Pop-Tarts. Why should I have to pay EA for a basic feature that has always bee free? It's not like they are offering something new and charging for it, they are charging for something that has always been there.

Besides, people who buy new games often sell them on ebay to get money to buy more new games. If the people, like me, who like to buy used games don't want the gimped used game then at the very least the guy buying new and selling used won't be able to get as much money and therefore won't be buying as many new games. People who can only afford used games aren't going to buy more new games as a result. So in the end this is only going to screw over people and make them not want to buy EA games at all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: EA has caused a SHITSTORM!   EA has caused a SHITSTORM! EmptyFri May 21, 2010 5:26 pm

Is this real?

If so,then stupid EA.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EA has caused a SHITSTORM!   EA has caused a SHITSTORM! EmptyFri May 21, 2010 5:32 pm

EA can suck my balls then, I am not paying to pay online when I buy used games.
Back to top Go down
DarkSwarm85
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: EA has caused a SHITSTORM!   EA has caused a SHITSTORM! EmptyFri May 21, 2010 5:48 pm

Note that he says that a lot of people trade in their games to buy NEW games too. So when they buy new, they are supporting the devs.
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: EA has caused a SHITSTORM!   EA has caused a SHITSTORM! EmptyFri May 21, 2010 7:13 pm

ghost23 wrote:
did you watch the video what ea is doing is bullshit
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EA has caused a SHITSTORM!   EA has caused a SHITSTORM! EmptyFri May 21, 2010 7:24 pm

At least it is only EA Sports, thank goodness Dead Space 2 is not EA sports, I just hope they leave Visceral games alone.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: EA has caused a SHITSTORM!   EA has caused a SHITSTORM! EmptyFri May 21, 2010 8:38 pm

Well put it this way. (I'm not sure if the prices are like this in US but my point is clear)

Buy New- $55 EA and partners, $5 Gamestop
Buy Used- $55 going to Gamestop.

I'd much rather give my money to EA than to Gamestop/EB
Back to top Go down
DarkSwarm85
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: EA has caused a SHITSTORM!   EA has caused a SHITSTORM! EmptyFri May 21, 2010 8:46 pm

ghost23 wrote:
Well put it this way. (I'm not sure if the prices are like this in US but my point is clear)

Where I live, Gamestop is a virus that has systematically killed off most of the competition. We used to have a Funcoland which was cool cuz they sold old games, but Gamestop wrecked them.
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: EA has caused a SHITSTORM!   EA has caused a SHITSTORM! EmptyFri May 21, 2010 10:45 pm

DarkSwarm85 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

Where I live, Gamestop is a virus that has systematically killed off most of the competition. We used to have a Funcoland which was cool cuz they sold old games, but Gamestop wrecked them.
well with this ea its gonna help gamestop but not everyone else
Back to top Go down
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: EA has caused a SHITSTORM!   EA has caused a SHITSTORM! EmptySat May 22, 2010 1:16 am

I now will NOT BUY ANY GAMES WHAT-SO-EVER FROM Activision and Electronic Arts unless it is of a AAA high quality standard and a big online audience.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: EA has caused a SHITSTORM!   EA has caused a SHITSTORM! EmptySat May 22, 2010 4:25 am

ghost23 wrote:

I buy all my used games on Ebay or Amazon.com directly from other gamers selling their games. They buy it new, beat it, I buy it from them at a much lower price than Gamestop used games, and they use the money to do what ever, probably buy more new games.

I don't understand why people trade in at Gamestop. It's a total rip off. Used games should not be just $5 less than new.
Back to top Go down
DarkSwarm85
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: EA has caused a SHITSTORM!   EA has caused a SHITSTORM! EmptySat May 22, 2010 4:29 am

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

I buy all my used games on Ebay or Amazon.com directly from other gamers selling their games. They buy it new, beat it, I buy it from them at a much lower price than Gamestop used games, and they use the money to do what ever, probably buy more new games.

I don't understand why people trade in at Gamestop. It's a total rip off. Used games should not be just $5 less than new.

If I want to get rid of a game, I sell it to someone locally using craigslist.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: EA has caused a SHITSTORM!   EA has caused a SHITSTORM! EmptySat May 22, 2010 4:32 am

DarkSwarm85 wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

If I want to get rid of a game, I sell it to someone locally using craigslist.

I've never used Craig's list, but yeah, much better than Gamestop. I haven't set foot in a Gamestop in at least a year, maybe more.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: EA has caused a SHITSTORM!   EA has caused a SHITSTORM! EmptySat May 22, 2010 4:44 am

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

Well in that case I think it's fine because you're money is still going to another gamer who would most likely use that money to fund the purchase of another game. As long as its not going to Gamestop.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: EA has caused a SHITSTORM!   EA has caused a SHITSTORM! EmptySat May 29, 2010 7:02 pm

I don't like EA Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: EA has caused a SHITSTORM!   EA has caused a SHITSTORM! EmptySat May 29, 2010 7:26 pm

demondragondude wrote:

They're a lot better than they were before and they are tonnes better than Activision.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EA has caused a SHITSTORM!   EA has caused a SHITSTORM! EmptySun May 30, 2010 10:17 pm

ghost23 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:

They're a lot better than they were before and they are tonnes better than Activision.

Yeah, but atleast Activision wont make you pay for online in used game. God why are these companies so greedy?
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: EA has caused a SHITSTORM!   EA has caused a SHITSTORM! EmptyMon May 31, 2010 3:22 am

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:

Yeah, but atleast Activision wont make you pay for online in used game. God why are these companies so greedy?

Mate, I really think that's gonna change real soon. Activition have said that they are looking in subscription based CoD multiplayer.
And they are shit because they are running every single fuking franchise they own to the ground.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: EA has caused a SHITSTORM!   EA has caused a SHITSTORM! EmptyMon May 31, 2010 12:32 pm

I always buy new. Buying used is just..........not supporting anything.
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: EA has caused a SHITSTORM!   EA has caused a SHITSTORM! EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 8:08 am

ghost23 wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:

Mate, I really think that's gonna change real soon. Activition have said that they are looking in subscription based CoD multiplayer.
And they are shit because they are running every single fuking franchise they own to the ground.

True. but its a good thing I dont play CoD any more Smile
Back to top Go down
solidstudios
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
solidstudios

PostSubject: Re: EA has caused a SHITSTORM!   EA has caused a SHITSTORM! EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 10:56 am

i think EA gutting the used game market now. its gonna cause alot of shit. i thought EA was doing good until this bull shit
Back to top Go down
Wolfshiemhere
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: EA has caused a SHITSTORM!   EA has caused a SHITSTORM! EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 4:31 pm

Going to be such shit when games end up being hard to buy new. I really don't feel like having to pay for the online usage twice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EA has caused a SHITSTORM!   EA has caused a SHITSTORM! Empty

Back to top Go down

EA has caused a SHITSTORM!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: Sales, Stats, and Predictions-
Jump to: