This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Comparison of X360 version of Read Dead Redemption to the PS3 version

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

Comparison of X360 version of Read Dead Redemption to the PS3 version - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comparison of X360 version of Read Dead Redemption to the PS3 version   Comparison of X360 version of Read Dead Redemption to the PS3 version - Page 2 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 7:42 am

Loving Red Dead at the moment. Quality game. As for the comparisons, they look identical.
Back to top Go down
Frank2368
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Frank2368

Comparison of X360 version of Read Dead Redemption to the PS3 version - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comparison of X360 version of Read Dead Redemption to the PS3 version   Comparison of X360 version of Read Dead Redemption to the PS3 version - Page 2 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 7:48 am

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
Loving Red Dead at the moment. Quality game. As for the comparisons, they look identical.

There isn't too big of a difference, but the difference definitely is there.
Back to top Go down
Frank2368
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Frank2368

PostSubject: Re: Comparison of X360 version of Read Dead Redemption to the PS3 version   Comparison of X360 version of Read Dead Redemption to the PS3 version - Page 2 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 7:48 am

ghost23 wrote:
arnt god of war wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Blixtstorm wrote:
The thing is:

This is not a port but it was developed on both systems on the same time.

Rockstar is a very good developer... but this kind of shows open world games on the PS3. In open "wasteland" worlds.

If you think about it, GTA4 almost only have "square" shapes, in houses and cars... While RDR is almost only a bumpmap, and that takes longer time to draw... Therefore the Bluray needs, either multiple copies on the disc or a decrease in the output.

Very true!
Plus the textures in GTA IV are kinda meh...they're a little blurry and not that clean or good looking.
On RDR the texture detail looks much nicer ( at least from what I've seen). Razz

The animations in RDR are the best part of it. Holy shit they are absolutely mind-blowing at times. Thanks to the Euphoria engine.
???

What? Go see the physics for yourself.

Physics then, no animation.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Comparison of X360 version of Read Dead Redemption to the PS3 version   Comparison of X360 version of Read Dead Redemption to the PS3 version - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 1:35 pm

Frank2368 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
arnt god of war wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Blixtstorm wrote:
The thing is:

Rockstar is a very good developer... but this kind of shows open world games on the PS3. In open "wasteland" worlds.

If you think about it, GTA4 almost only have "square" shapes, in houses and cars... While RDR is almost only a bumpmap, and that takes longer time to draw... Therefore the Bluray needs, either multiple copies on the disc or a decrease in the output.

Very true!
Plus the textures in GTA IV are kinda meh...they're a little blurry and not that clean or good looking.
On RDR the texture detail looks much nicer ( at least from what I've seen). Razz

The animations in RDR are the best part of it. Holy shit they are absolutely mind-blowing at times. Thanks to the Euphoria engine.
???

Physics is a wide term that includes animation.
Unless referring to specific types of physics, eg: Ragdoll physics, crash physics or whatever.
At least that's what I think...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire

PostSubject: Re: Comparison of X360 version of Read Dead Redemption to the PS3 version   Comparison of X360 version of Read Dead Redemption to the PS3 version - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 3:54 pm

demondragondude wrote:
Frank2368 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
arnt god of war wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Blixtstorm wrote:
The thing is:

Very true!

???

Unless referring to specific types of physics, eg: Ragdoll physics, crash physics or whatever.

Whatever you guys want to call it is fine, all I know is dragging people behind you riding a horse is fucking hilarious and amazing!
Back to top Go down
Frank2368
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Frank2368

PostSubject: Re: Comparison of X360 version of Read Dead Redemption to the PS3 version   Comparison of X360 version of Read Dead Redemption to the PS3 version - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 7:11 pm

demondragondude wrote:
Frank2368 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
arnt god of war wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Blixtstorm wrote:
The thing is:

Very true!

???

Animation isn't a part of physics Laughing

Physics refers to the reaction between objects, that's not scripted, which in animation's case, is.
An animation would be something like "Marston shoots a gun", and when Marston fires, his movements are pre-rendered. Physics, however, would be "Marston getting shot", and the game generates a theoretical movement according to the game's physics engine.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Comparison of X360 version of Read Dead Redemption to the PS3 version   Comparison of X360 version of Read Dead Redemption to the PS3 version - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 3:23 am

Frank2368 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Frank2368 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
arnt god of war wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Blixtstorm wrote:
The thing is:

Very true!

???

Physics refers to the reaction between objects, that's not scripted, which in animation's case, is.
An animation would be something like "Marston shoots a gun", and when Marston fires, his movements are pre-rendered. Physics, however, would be "Marston getting shot", and the game generates a theoretical movement according to the game's physics engine.

Fine then, the animations and physics are amazing.
Back to top Go down
Frank2368
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Frank2368

PostSubject: Re: Comparison of X360 version of Read Dead Redemption to the PS3 version   Comparison of X360 version of Read Dead Redemption to the PS3 version - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 10:15 pm

Embarassed Sorry for being such a wise-ass

Anyway, yeah, they are Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Comparison of X360 version of Read Dead Redemption to the PS3 version   Comparison of X360 version of Read Dead Redemption to the PS3 version - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 6:40 am

Frank2368 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Frank2368 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
arnt god of war wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Blixtstorm wrote:
The thing is:

Very true!

???

Well that's what I originally thought but in some Red Dead Redemption vids and stuff they referred the horses movement as "horse physics" and so...yeah.
Well I'll take your word for it but as for the bit where you say "pre-rendered movements" I think that's incorrect because pre-rendered is when referring to cutscenes and stuff which are made on different technology and then sort of recorded in a format for 360/ps3 to run. At least, to my knowledge.
Perhaps the movements are pre-defined or something Razz
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Comparison of X360 version of Read Dead Redemption to the PS3 version   Comparison of X360 version of Read Dead Redemption to the PS3 version - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 8:27 am

demondragondude wrote:
Frank2368 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Frank2368 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
arnt god of war wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Blixtstorm wrote:
The thing is:

Very true!

???

Well that's what I originally thought but in some Red Dead Redemption vids and stuff they referred the horses movement as "horse physics" and so...yeah.
Well I'll take your word for it but as for the bit where you say "pre-rendered movements" I think that's incorrect because pre-rendered is when referring to cutscenes and stuff which are made on different technology and then sort of recorded in a format for 360/ps3 to run. At least, to my knowledge.
Perhaps the movements are pre-defined or something Razz

I think Rockstar may have lied about the Horse physics part. From what I've seen, it looks like pre-rendered animations to me. Mind you that it still looks amazing, its just not real time physics as some said it would be.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Comparison of X360 version of Read Dead Redemption to the PS3 version   Comparison of X360 version of Read Dead Redemption to the PS3 version - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 2:50 am

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
I got my version on PS3 so I could play with some friends from school, and it really isnt a big difference. Gameplay is still amazing

Oh you got it on ps3? XD Ah so we wouldn't have been able to play online anyway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Comparison of X360 version of Read Dead Redemption to the PS3 version   Comparison of X360 version of Read Dead Redemption to the PS3 version - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 12:59 pm

demondragondude wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
I got my version on PS3 so I could play with some friends from school, and it really isnt a big difference. Gameplay is still amazing

Oh you got it on ps3? XD Ah so we wouldn't have been able to play online anyway.

Nope, but now that it broke I might get it for 360.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Comparison of X360 version of Read Dead Redemption to the PS3 version   Comparison of X360 version of Read Dead Redemption to the PS3 version - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 7:07 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

ah yeah that would be awesome! I had a hell of a time playing on it with Blixtstorm today.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Comparison of X360 version of Read Dead Redemption to the PS3 version   Comparison of X360 version of Read Dead Redemption to the PS3 version - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 9:33 pm

demondragondude wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

ah yeah that would be awesome! I had a hell of a time playing on it with Blixtstorm today.

Yeah that game is great! Especially the free roam Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Comparison of X360 version of Read Dead Redemption to the PS3 version   Comparison of X360 version of Read Dead Redemption to the PS3 version - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 7:24 pm

Free roam is amazing!! I even made a top 5 things to do in free roam post on XBR Razz
Back to top Go down
Madtoker
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
Madtoker

PostSubject: Re: Comparison of X360 version of Read Dead Redemption to the PS3 version   Comparison of X360 version of Read Dead Redemption to the PS3 version - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 12:47 pm

u guys are making me jealous i still gotta wait 8 days to get to canada so i can buy the game
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Comparison of X360 version of Read Dead Redemption to the PS3 version   Comparison of X360 version of Read Dead Redemption to the PS3 version - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 5:23 pm

Madtoker wrote:
u guys are making me jealous i still gotta wait 8 days to get to canada so i can buy the game

Oh man this game is so worth it though! Just wait, you shall see.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Comparison of X360 version of Read Dead Redemption to the PS3 version   Comparison of X360 version of Read Dead Redemption to the PS3 version - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Comparison of X360 version of Read Dead Redemption to the PS3 version
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2