This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

OnLive to launch at E3...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Invincible

OnLive to launch at E3... Empty
PostSubject: OnLive to launch at E3...   OnLive to launch at E3... EmptyFri May 21, 2010 9:57 am

but only for the people who registered early. micro console coming soon.

OnLive to launch at E3... Web_mc_controller

http://www.onlive.com/service.html

http://gear.ign.com/articles/107/1076318p1.html
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: OnLive to launch at E3...   OnLive to launch at E3... EmptyFri May 21, 2010 12:50 pm

Is this sopossed to be a new console or something?
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: OnLive to launch at E3...   OnLive to launch at E3... EmptyFri May 21, 2010 4:33 pm

There is no way that service will work for everyone. You'd have to have one hell of a broadband connection.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: OnLive to launch at E3...   OnLive to launch at E3... EmptyFri May 21, 2010 4:42 pm

no way in motherfucking hell i belive it..if it does,you really need to have a really good internet that doesnt fuck up at all to play this "console" as i must say..onlive is a worthless junk that im thinking only idiots would buy this "console"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OnLive to launch at E3...   OnLive to launch at E3... EmptyFri May 21, 2010 5:34 pm

Seems stupid. I doubt this will succeed.
Back to top Go down
andes755
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: OnLive to launch at E3...   OnLive to launch at E3... EmptySat May 22, 2010 7:04 am

HellJumper wrote:
Is this sopossed to be a new console or something?
nope
Quote :
OnLive is a gaming-on-demand game platform, announced at the Game Developers Conference in 2009.[2] The service is a gaming equivalent of cloud computing: the game is synchronized, rendered, and stored on a remote server and delivered online. The service was announced to be compatible with any Windows PC running Windows XP or Windows Vista, or any Intel-based Mac running Mac OS X and on smartphones.[3][4][5][6] A low-end computer, as long as it can play video, may be used to play any kind of game since the game is computed on the OnLive server. For that reason, the service is being seen as a strong competitor for the console market
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
There is no way that service will work for everyone. You'd have to have one hell of a broadband connection.
Quote :
Steve Perlman states that a 1.5 Mbps connection will be needed to display games in SDTV resolution (typical output of Wii and previous generation console titles) while 4-5 Mbps will be needed for HDTV resolution, such as those output by the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.[9] The average broadband connection speed in the US at the end of 2008 was 3.9 Mbps, while 25% of US broadband connections were rated faster than 5 Mbps.

you could look at it as a gaming PC without the cost, Crysis on a netbook *drools*
the amount of bandwidth this would use would be obscene however
AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
no way in motherfucking hell i belive it..if it does,you really need to have a really good internet that doesnt fuck up at all to play this "console" as i must say..onlive is a worthless junk that im thinking only idiots would buy this "console"
good grammar much?, and it isn't a console, more of a hub

I doubt it has the chance to end the console wars anytime soon however, i'm interested for this however
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: OnLive to launch at E3...   OnLive to launch at E3... EmptySat May 22, 2010 1:13 pm

That controller looks awesome, and they took the 360 design as well. Just a little different.
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: OnLive to launch at E3...   OnLive to launch at E3... EmptySat May 29, 2010 1:42 am

I think onlive will be great as long as it works.
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: OnLive to launch at E3...   OnLive to launch at E3... EmptySun May 30, 2010 11:12 pm

OnLive is one of the Definitions of FAIL! I will stick to the consoles.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OnLive to launch at E3...   OnLive to launch at E3... Empty

Back to top Go down

OnLive to launch at E3...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Other Platforms :: Other Gaming (General Talk)-
Jump to: