This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Red Dead Redemption Review

Go down 
+3
Stoney
DemonWolf
Pein
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Pein
Four Star General (Moderator)
Pein

Red Dead Redemption Review Empty
PostSubject: Red Dead Redemption Review   Red Dead Redemption Review EmptySat May 22, 2010 4:41 am

THE STORY
the story is about john marston,he is a former outlaw and still is,but he was in a gang lead by a guy named dutch and there were 3 members,john,some guy named bill and a mexican named javier.some agents from the goverment come to threathen him and his family,his mission:kill the members who were in the gang,he first tracks bill williamson,but he gets shot and he is left near death,after that,a girl named bonnie just sees john laying on the ground and she picks him up to her ranch,john wakes up and thanks bonnie for saving his life and from then on,the story of revenge really starts,i thought the story was preety freaking mindblowing,the characters are all fantastic,even the evil ones and it has some great comedy like most games rockstar has,the ending is just wow and you wont even predict it what would happen..the story starts a bit slow i must say but i have to say this is one of the best video game stories ever made.

so for the story

THE GRAPHICS
well the character models look great,the enviroment is just freaking phenomenal,the towns look realistic as hell,and the animations are mindblowingly fucking awesome!! the way when you shoot someone and they fall from their horses or from high ground,they fall like really realistic and the shadows and the textures are freaking wow!!.i do got some frame drops and a lot of pop-ups for which no reason but still the graphics are upgraded a bit from gta 4 and its great to see a realistic looking western game

so for the graphics

THE GAMEPLAY
you can do missions like all gtas,the map is freaking huge,the northern part of mexico and i belive some arizona part or maybe new mexico,i dont know,but still the map is freaking huge,the missions are taking out the enemies,chases,shooting other stuff like animals and you can use the mini-gun few times in the game,theres soo many stuff to talk about,you have poker,blackjack,you can get drunk,hunt animals and sell their parts,liars dice,nightwatch jobs...and soo many stuff that i cant even remember..its cool that your health can be regenerated not like gta games,and you can die faster than any gta game so you have to use the cover to survive,theres a lot of guns,snipers,shotguns,rifles,molotovs,throwing knifes,dynamites and other new weapons like a cannon and the mini-gun.the gameplay is phenomenal and i didnt get bored at all,you can be a good guy and get respect and fame,or you can be a outlaw and just rob stuff,kill civilians and other people,but your honor meter will drop and you will have a bounty on your head,which you have to hide or the law will track you,its a interesting concept which is preety fun,you also have to look for the horse stamina,if it drops,the horse will get tired and you will fall on your ass,its kinda interesting but its stupid sometimes when you have to chase some guy and the stamina goes down so you have to slow it,but its not a big deal

so for the gameplay
10.0 seriously the ammount of stuff you can do is incredible and it never gets boring

FUN FACTOR
well i enjoyed red dead redemption A LOT!!!! so far i cant say which game is better between this and mass effect 2,theres soo much stuff to do and the gameplay never gets old,i kinda thought this game was a bit shorter than the other gtas,which i found it really dissapointing but still i have to say thats the only negative thing about this game

so for the fun factor

FINAL SCORE:RED DEAD REDEMPTION GETS A...
its almost perfect,just some few minor stuff are keeping it from being a 10.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption Review   Red Dead Redemption Review EmptySat May 22, 2010 6:21 am

Awesome!!

Wow, I can't wait to get this game...actually I can, I wanna complete Bully first. Razz lol

Thanks for the review though dude, you're helping me hype up the game even more than I already was hyping it so now I'll have no doubts about buying it.

I just have one question, does it have the same stupid movement as gta IV (coz I know it's built upon the same engine) in which you cant just turn 180 degrees instantly, instead you have to walk in a fooking circle? And do you need to toggle run with the A button as opposed to just pressing harder on the analog stick? :/
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption Review   Red Dead Redemption Review EmptyFri May 28, 2010 8:28 am

The game is like 30 hours long. How did you complete it so quickly?

And how the hell can you afford a new game every week!!!! XD
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption Review   Red Dead Redemption Review EmptyFri May 28, 2010 8:47 am

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
The game is like 30 hours long. How did you complete it so quickly?

And how the hell can you afford a new game every week!!!! XD
lets say i am fast for beating games,and as for affording the games.well lets just say,i have the money to buy games
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption Review   Red Dead Redemption Review EmptyFri May 28, 2010 5:58 pm

Fun factor 9.7!! MORE LIKE 10!! This game is great.
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption Review   Red Dead Redemption Review EmptyFri May 28, 2010 8:41 pm

WOW...you do many reviews...WHO ARE YOU!?!?!?!!
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption Review   Red Dead Redemption Review EmptySat May 29, 2010 4:33 am

NoelX2 wrote:
WOW...you do many reviews...WHO ARE YOU!?!?!?!!
I AM BATMAN!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption Review   Red Dead Redemption Review EmptySat May 29, 2010 4:56 am

I'm up to Mexico and I'm absolutely loving this game. Great review.
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption Review   Red Dead Redemption Review EmptySat May 29, 2010 5:21 pm

good review although so far id only give it a 9.4 but good review
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption Review   Red Dead Redemption Review EmptySun May 30, 2010 6:58 pm

I ju8st finished the main storyline... almost only story-missions.

Clocked in on about 16-17 hours.

Absolutely fantastic game!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption Review   Red Dead Redemption Review EmptySun May 30, 2010 10:18 pm

Blixtstorm wrote:
I ju8st finished the main storyline... almost only story-missions.

Clocked in on about 16-17 hours.

Absolutely fantastic game!

Just add some more of those side quests and stuff and you almost got 10 more hours in it! This game is great!
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption Review   Red Dead Redemption Review EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 7:10 pm

*WHACKS HEAD AGAINST WALL*

AHHHH!!! EXAMS F**** OFF, I WANNA PLAY RDR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption Review   Red Dead Redemption Review EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 10:35 pm

I just got my machine gun ammo with Irish lol. I got caught up in the free roam online for a while and havent played the campaign for a while. GOD THIS GAME IS JUST ALL AROUND AMAZING!
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption Review   Red Dead Redemption Review EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 7:38 am

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
I just got my machine gun ammo with Irish lol. I got caught up in the free roam online for a while and havent played the campaign for a while. GOD THIS GAME IS JUST ALL AROUND AMAZING!

*BANGS HEAD AGAINST WALL EVEN HARDER*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption Review   Red Dead Redemption Review EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 7:57 am

demondragondude wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption Review   Red Dead Redemption Review EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 8:59 am

I find it so hilarious that one of the final missions in the game (NOT SPOILER) is titled "And the Truth Will Set You Free."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption Review   Red Dead Redemption Review EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 4:50 pm

ghost23 wrote:
I find it so hilarious that one of the final missions in the game (NOT SPOILER) is titled "And the Truth Will Set You Free."

LOL. thats great
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption Review   Red Dead Redemption Review EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 7:43 am

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

lol! lol! lol!

Okay I've calmed down a bit.

lol when I actually get the game (some day.... lmao) wanna make a posse and play online? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption Review   Red Dead Redemption Review EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 6:52 pm

I've ordered it, getting it this week! I'm so hyped, I love western games!
Got red dead revolver, call of juarez and I bought GUN not just one one system but 2. I got it on psp too! Completed both versions several times Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption Review   Red Dead Redemption Review EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 11:13 pm

demondragondude wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

lol! lol! lol!

Okay I've calmed down a bit.

lol when I actually get the game (some day.... lmao) wanna make a posse and play online? Very Happy

Had it for PS3....HAD...till it broke Sad but I might get it on 360 now Very Happy so if I do yes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption Review   Red Dead Redemption Review Empty

Back to top Go down

Red Dead Redemption Review
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: User Created :: Game Reviews-
Jump to: