This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rockstar blames the parents...

Go down 
+5
343_Guilty_Spark
Stigma
DemonWolf
Arbiteris
Noelol
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

Rockstar blames the parents... Empty
PostSubject: Rockstar blames the parents...   Rockstar blames the parents... EmptySun May 23, 2010 11:37 am

Here is the story...

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=80108

Quote :
Lazlow Jones, one of the producers over at Rockstar, recently gave an interview to the BBC's Newsbeat program. You might remember Lazlow from his real-life radio shows Technofile or The Lazlow Show, or all his radio shows within the Grand Theft Auto games. He hosted Chatterbox FM in GTA3, V-Rock in Vice City, the "Entertaining America" program in San Andreas, and Integrity 2.0 in GTA4. He also worked on Rockstar's latest effort, Red Dead Redemption, which he discusses for most of this interview. It's a great read, and he shares a few funny anecdotes, like getting hired at Rockstar after meeting one of their founders on the beach, and how he gets a little misty-eyed when finally playing a game he's been working on for five years. But when asked about accusations that Rockstar games like Grand Theft Auto, Bully, and Manhunt are responsible for an increase in violence among people, Lazlow had a much more serious response. He gave this message to parents everywhere:

"Our games are not designed for young people. If you're a parent and buy one of our games for your child you're a terrible parent. We design games for adults because we're adults. There's a lot of kids games out there that we're not interested in playing. Just like you enjoy watching movies and TV shows with adult themes and language and violence that's the kind of thing we seek to produce."

Later Lazlow was asked if the industry was too politically correct, and if that limits their creativity in any way. Lazlow thinks gaming is getting the short end of the stick when compared to television, but he's optimistic that pushing the boundaries is helping the medium get the respect it deserves.

"I think that Rockstar has pushed a lot of boundaries to be able to make the art that that we believe we should be able to make. If you tell a gritty crime drama with violence and profanity and call it The Sopranos you're handed a load of awards to put up on the shelf. You do the same and call it a video game and you'll have certain organisations up in arms. I think ever since GTA IV came out and there were such rave reviews by major publications saying that this is actually art the restrictions about being politically correct have largely fallen away."

He also says he is a proud owner of an XBox, a PS3, a Mac, and a PC, because they all do different things. He prefers XBox, but says he won't be dragged into the console wars. (We'll have to wait and see about that one.) Lazlow leaves us with the following pro tip about looking for a job in the game industry: "Put your gamer score on your CV, not what your grades in school are."

Last edited by ghost23 on Mon May 24, 2010 9:54 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added article in post)
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Rockstar blames the parents...   Rockstar blames the parents... EmptySun May 23, 2010 11:54 am

Wow,pretty straight foward

I for one never even give a crap about the game ratings.The ESRB do a terrible job at rating games.The ESRB is just full of violence free mothers who beleive any violence will cause that person to do violent things in real life

Just look at the M ratings.Do I really need to be 17 to play Halo,Mass Effect,Gears of War,L4D and Modern Warfare?Hell no,ive seen worse things in PG13 movies than I have in M rated video games.

Oh thats right,I guess if I kill someone in a video game im gonig to do it in real life.i guess all my friends better watch out cause these violent video games are gonig to cause me to kill them.Yup,even though I have very high moral and am a strong christain these M games are going to turn me into a violent person who curse's all the time and enjoys voilence,blood and gore(sarcasm)

Ya dont need to be 17 to see gore,sex,voilence or blood.

But though I am a teenager,I go to Junior high and have already seen this stuff hundreds of times.I dont think anyoner under 10 should play any M games(unless it Halo,Halo just has alien blood but no gore).So if a parent does buy a 10 year old an M game,shame on them.Nevermind,I dont think anyone who isnt a teenager should play M games.

And if I go to a gamestop store and look for T rated games,90% of them wouldnt interest me one bit because there kid games.

Sorry for the long rant,just thinking about the ESRB makes me mad for some reason
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rockstar blames the parents...   Rockstar blames the parents... EmptySun May 23, 2010 1:35 pm

HellJumper wrote:
Wow,pretty straight foward

I for one never even give a crap about the game ratings.The ESRB do a terrible job at rating games.The ESRB is just full of violence free mothers who beleive any violence will cause that person to do violent things in real life

Just look at the M ratings.Do I really need to be 17 to play Halo,Mass Effect,Gears of War,L4D and Modern Warfare?Hell no,ive seen worse things in PG13 movies than I have in M rated video games.

Oh thats right,I guess if I kill someone in a video game im gonig to do it in real life.i guess all my friends better watch out cause these violent video games are gonig to cause me to kill them.Yup,even though I have very high moral and am a strong christain these M games are going to turn me into a violent person who curse's all the time and enjoys voilence,blood and gore(sarcasm)

Ya dont need to be 17 to see gore,sex,voilence or blood.

But though I am a teenager,I go to Junior high and have already seen this stuff hundreds of times.I dont think anyoner under 10 should play any M games(unless it Halo,Halo just has alien blood but no gore).So if a parent does buy a 10 year old an M game,shame on them.Nevermind,I dont think anyone who isnt a teenager should play M games.

And if I go to a gamestop store and look for T rated games,90% of them wouldnt interest me one bit because there kid games.

Sorry for the long rant,just thinking about the ESRB makes me mad for some reason

QFT! I see more violence and swearing and such in my high school than any video game.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Rockstar blames the parents...   Rockstar blames the parents... EmptyMon May 24, 2010 9:34 am

Haha this bit was my favourite:
Quote :
He also says he is a proud owner of an XBox, a PS3, a Mac, and a PC, because they all do different things. He prefers XBox, but says he won't be dragged into the console wars

Razz mouahahaha
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Rockstar blames the parents...   Rockstar blames the parents... EmptyMon May 24, 2010 4:54 pm

demondragondude wrote:
Quote :
He also says he is a proud owner of an XBox, a PS3, a Mac, and a PC, because they all do different things. He prefers XBox, but says he won't be dragged into the console wars

Razz mouahahaha

I lol'd there too.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Rockstar blames the parents...   Rockstar blames the parents... EmptyMon May 24, 2010 5:01 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Quote :

Razz mouahahaha

I lol'd there too.

hehe and I bet soon there will be a petition on the Internet saying "we will no longer buy any product from rockstar unless they take back what they said and say that the ps3 is better"
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Rockstar blames the parents...   Rockstar blames the parents... EmptyMon May 24, 2010 10:02 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:

QFT! I see more violence and swearing and such in my high school than any video game.

You either don't play violent games or you attend one fucked up school.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Rockstar blames the parents...   Rockstar blames the parents... EmptyTue May 25, 2010 8:41 am

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

Swearing is probably worse in schools but violence is definitely worse in games.
Back to top Go down
Blackou7
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Blackou7

PostSubject: Re: Rockstar blames the parents...   Rockstar blames the parents... EmptyTue May 25, 2010 8:58 am

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

I lol'd. Maybe he goes to school in Brooklyn XD
Back to top Go down
popjack88
Master Chief Petty Officer
popjack88

PostSubject: Re: Rockstar blames the parents...   Rockstar blames the parents... EmptyTue May 25, 2010 12:48 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

jubjub you should try growing up in a third world country like mine. shit is usually fucked up here. worst that fucked up schools and shit.
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: Rockstar blames the parents...   Rockstar blames the parents... EmptyTue May 25, 2010 3:28 pm

popjack88 wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

jubjub you should try growing up in a third world country like mine. shit is usually fucked up here. worst that fucked up schools and shit.
yeah real world violence>>>video game violence but if you compare them on paper it looks like video game violence is worse but we dont live on paper anyways he lives in the Philippines. at least thats what it said under his name
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rockstar blames the parents...   Rockstar blames the parents... EmptyTue May 25, 2010 4:12 pm

ghost23 wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

Swearing is probably worse in schools but violence is definitely worse in games.

Yeah haha I guess the violence is worse in video games, but I do see fights on a day to day basis. Thats what I mean, if your kid goes to public school you are never gonna shield them from violence or exsessive swearing.
Back to top Go down
popjack88
popjack88

PostSubject: Re: Rockstar blames the parents...   Rockstar blames the parents... EmptyWed May 26, 2010 2:55 am

arnt god of war wrote:
popjack88 wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

yeah real world violence>>>video game violence but if you compare them on paper it looks like video game violence is worse but we dont live on paper anyways he lives in the Philippines. at least thats what it said under his name

Yes i do live in the philippines.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rockstar blames the parents...   Rockstar blames the parents... Empty

Back to top Go down

Rockstar blames the parents...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: The Games-
Jump to: