This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Halo: Gallant Belle (New Fan Game, 8-Bit Retro)

Go down 
+2
GeneralMLD
dudeoftheages
6 posters
AuthorMessage
dudeoftheages
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
dudeoftheages

Halo: Gallant Belle (New Fan Game, 8-Bit Retro) Empty
PostSubject: Halo: Gallant Belle (New Fan Game, 8-Bit Retro)   Halo: Gallant Belle (New Fan Game, 8-Bit Retro) EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 11:13 pm

A guy I met over at www.screwattack.com made an awesome retro Halo fan game for PC. I asked him if we would let me make a post about it for Xbox Republic and he said yes.

If you're into old school games and Halo you're probably enjoy the nostalgic feel. On his website you can read more and he says he'll send cheat codes to anyone who asks.

I asked him for a few details and he sent me the following which he said is the info he sent to the Bungie forum. I just copied it in in case you want all the information. He also sent links to some of his Halo fan art and his gaming show.

I'm an oldschooler so I thought it's pretty cool.

--

Hi fellow Halo fans. With ODST release I wanted to share my Halo fan game with you.

Download Link:
http://www.kevinberryman.com/2bitproductions/bits/halogb.asp

What if Halo were to have a Gameboy version? That's the idea behind the retro game "Halo: Gallant Belle/Gallant Girl". An action platform game with shooter elements otherwise known as a "Run and Gun" game.

Screenshots:
Halo: Gallant Belle (New Fan Game, 8-Bit Retro) HaloGG_GB_screens

Story:
You play as Kelly, one of the surviving Spartans from The Fall of Reach. The story takes place between the Halo novels "First Strike" and "Ghosts of Onyx".

After stumbling on a Covenant operation, Kelly must stop what could be the biggest threat to earth yet. With the help of Dr. Catherine Halsey she will explore an alien world with hidden Forerunner technology as deadly as any ring world.

Details:
Both games are for PC, but are designed to look and feel like Gameboy and Game Gear games from the early 90's. While the Gameboy version is rendered in classic monochrome green just like all original Gameboy, the Game Gear version is in full 8-Bit color.

Small touches like the offset-screen/shadow of the original Gameboy and the visuals of the Game Gear help date the game and make it feel more like you're playing on the the real classic hardware.

Both versions of the game can be scaled up to full screen for better view-ability. F4 Toggles full screen. View the Readme for more info and the controls. Works with Gamepad or Keyboard.

I hope you enjoy the game. If you're an old school gamer like me I think you'll get a kick out of it. I look forward to hearing what you think.

Gameplay video:
If you're interested here's a youtube video I made to introduce the game: