This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Insomniac now making games for the 360!

Go down 
+24
Master_Chief
Doominator99
Invincible
gamer22
Real PBone
joe11
Pickles
Jamin
Blackou7
nalin41
daveMastaKill
50msp
Kendo
arnt god of war
343_Guilty_Spark
igame
Arbiteris
DemonWolf
Gibbon_Master
Pein
optimusprime
GeneralMLD
atari_g33k
lightlamp
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
lightlamp
Master Chief Petty Officer
lightlamp

Insomniac now making games for the 360! Empty
PostSubject: Insomniac now making games for the 360!   Insomniac now making games for the 360! EmptyTue May 25, 2010 11:09 am

Woohoo! http://kotaku.com/5547071/ratchet--clank-makers-next-game-coming-to-the-xbox-360-ps3

Quote :
The next big gaming franchise from the creators of a decade and a half's worth of some of the Playstation's most beloved titles is coming to the Xbox 360.

Insomniac Games, the studio behind Spyro the Dragon, Ratchet & Clank and Resistance, unveiled a deal this morning with Electronic Arts that will put their still unannounced, undated next franchise on the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360. Under the agreement Insomniac will retain ownership of the intellectual property.

"There have been a lot of great reasons to make games for the Playstation," said Ted Price, founder and CEO of Insomniac Games. "We have a wonderful relationship with Sony and will continue to work with them on Playstation titles."

While Insomniac Games' growth as a developer has been steady, it hasn't seen any big spikes, Price told Kotaku. Making a game for multiple systems means that the developer and its games will be able to reach a broader audience.

"We never wanted to limit ourselves," Price said. "People are inspired here by having the opportunity to try new things. (Playstation 3 shooter) Resistance was a chance to branch out and we will continue to look for those opportunities."

The latest chance is bringing Insomniac Games' upcoming, all-new franchise set in a new universe to the PS3 and Xbox 360. The title is currently in production at the company's Burbank studio, but Price remained tight-lipped about what it was.

"We've never approached any of the games we make as one-offs," Price said. "Our goal is to create a franchise."

Price declined to specify the sort of game it would be, adding that the developer won't be talking about it at this year's E3 next month.

He did say that Insomniac currently has "multiple teams working on multiple projects."

We've heard that Insomniac Games has agreed to produce at least one more Ratchet & Clank title and perhaps two more Resistance games. Price declined to confirm those details, but did verify that his company is still working on both franchises.

"We are going to continue to support Ratchet and Resistance," he said. "I think (PS3 owners) will be happy with what we have coming."

Rumors of Insomniac breaking their 16-year tradition of creating games exclusively for the Playstation first surfaced during the Game Developers Conference earlier this year. Craig Rechenmacher, vice president of marketing at EA Partners, said the discussions with Insomniac started "pretty organically."

"We have relationships with everyone," Rechenmacher said. "This is one we've had our eyes on forever."

"Our goal is to work with the best and brightest game developers"
Back to top Go down
atari_g33k
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
atari_g33k

PostSubject: Re: Insomniac now making games for the 360!   Insomniac now making games for the 360! EmptyTue May 25, 2010 11:18 am

i havent been a bit fan of their games but its good to see them go multiplat and not stay singleminded
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: Insomniac now making games for the 360!   Insomniac now making games for the 360! EmptyTue May 25, 2010 11:20 am

we just stole Sonys 2nd party exclusive dev!
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
lightlamp
lightlamp

PostSubject: Re: Insomniac now making games for the 360!   Insomniac now making games for the 360! EmptyTue May 25, 2010 11:21 am

Its just like what happened with bungie there now multiplatform and Sony were bragging about it now insomniac are multiplatform and now its our turn to brag about it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
optimusprime
Senior Chief Petty Officer
optimusprime

PostSubject: Re: Insomniac now making games for the 360!   Insomniac now making games for the 360! EmptyTue May 25, 2010 11:22 am

some decent comments in that news article from the community to be fair but you know the petitions will be prepared, the holding the trey back will be typed across multiple forums and perhaps some lunacy boycott of insomniac.

the truth is its getting very expensive to make games, with economy problems etc it makes sense to go multiplatform for a lot of devs. its a credit to the xbox 360 thats its holding very strong still despite all the shit talk it gets thrown at it.
Back to top Go down
lightlamp
lightlamp

PostSubject: Re: Insomniac now making games for the 360!   Insomniac now making games for the 360! EmptyTue May 25, 2010 11:43 am

Oh yes PS3 fans are buthurt look at this from twitter http://twitter.com/PS3T_Parker/status/14699220785
Back to top Go down
optimusprime
optimusprime

PostSubject: Re: Insomniac now making games for the 360!   Insomniac now making games for the 360! EmptyTue May 25, 2010 11:51 am

lightlamp2 wrote:
Oh yes PS3 fans are buthurt look at this from twitter http://twitter.com/PS3T_Parker/status/14699220785

i hate people like him. hate.
Back to top Go down
Pein
Four Star General (Moderator)
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Insomniac now making games for the 360!   Insomniac now making games for the 360! EmptyTue May 25, 2010 12:24 pm

ROFL!!!!! haha!! wow the ps3 fanboys are going to be pissed about this a lot!! that means resistance 3 won't happen..wow just wow!! i like insomniac as a studio and almost have every game they made..and this is just a brilliant news
Back to top Go down
Gibbon_Master
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Gibbon_Master

PostSubject: Re: Insomniac now making games for the 360!   Insomniac now making games for the 360! EmptyTue May 25, 2010 12:37 pm

Resistance 3 will happen if you read the article they will still be working on PS3 exclusive titles such as Resistance and Ratchet & Clank, But all new titles will be multiplatform for both 360 and PS3
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: Insomniac now making games for the 360!   Insomniac now making games for the 360! EmptyTue May 25, 2010 12:42 pm

guys the point is that Insomiac makes traditonally one ps3 exclusive per year. Like Resistance one year, rachet the next, and repeat.

THIS WAY............they maybe sacrifice a PS3 exclusive to develop a multiplat game.

So basically you might wait 3 years instead of 2 for the next rachet or resistance.

Get it? Thats why its sorta a win for 360 fans.
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Insomniac now making games for the 360!   Insomniac now making games for the 360! EmptyTue May 25, 2010 12:48 pm

To be honest, I never was a fan of Insomniac. :/

I guess it's good news though, I really hope most 360 and ps3 2nd party developers make multiplatform games because to be honest, the gap in terms of ps3 and 360's library is, yes quite big, but not significant to the point that it's worth owning both systems....to me at least.
So it's either, more 1st party games for each system or more 3rd party games for each system. I don't care which really but if I could choose, I'd say more multiplats.

But you know.... Ratchet & Clank I've never been a fan of. Resistance is okay... nothing groundbreaking although I like the weapons, but it would be cool to have these games turn multiplatform.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Insomniac now making games for the 360!   Insomniac now making games for the 360! EmptyTue May 25, 2010 12:51 pm

lightlamp2 wrote:

Wow..words cannot express how truly pathetic that is.

Well maybe if all ps3 owners do that, then Insomniac will have no choice but to just release the games exclusively on 360.
Haha clever idea, ps3t parker!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Insomniac now making games for the 360!   Insomniac now making games for the 360! EmptyTue May 25, 2010 12:54 pm

i could care less if they go multiplat.The only thing I like about it is that I can rub it into fanboy's faces
Back to top Go down
igame
igame

PostSubject: Re: Insomniac now making games for the 360!   Insomniac now making games for the 360! EmptyTue May 25, 2010 2:09 pm

PS3 loses Insomniac, and 360 loses bungie.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Insomniac now making games for the 360!   Insomniac now making games for the 360! EmptyTue May 25, 2010 2:49 pm

This is just further proof of how far Sony has fallen. Duri9ng the PS1 and PS2 eras a company could make a killing by only developing for Sony's consoles. Not any more. PS3 developers are seeing greener pastures on the Xbox 360 side of the fence and they want a slice of the bigger pie. I'm sure if Naughty Dog could they'd do the same.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
atari_g33k
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
atari_g33k

PostSubject: Re: Insomniac now making games for the 360!   Insomniac now making games for the 360! EmptyTue May 25, 2010 3:46 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
This is just further proof of how far Sony has fallen. Duri9ng the PS1 and PS2 eras a company could make a killing by only developing for Sony's consoles. Not any more. PS3 developers are seeing greener pastures on the Xbox 360 side of the fence and they want a slice of the bigger pie. I'm sure if Naughty Dog could they'd do the same.

I dont think naughty dog could do that even if they wanted to cuz they are first party developers and uncharted 2 seems to have sold pretty good compared to other ps3 exclusives. Another second party developer who eventually may go multiplat is suckerpunch studios the guys who made infamous.
Back to top Go down
atari_g33k
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
atari_g33k

PostSubject: Re: Insomniac now making games for the 360!   Insomniac now making games for the 360! EmptyTue May 25, 2010 3:50 pm

AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
ROFL!!!!! haha!! wow the ps3 fanboys are going to be pissed about this a lot!! that means resistance 3 won't happen..wow just wow!! i like insomniac as a studio and almost have every game they made..and this is just a brilliant news

It doesn't mean that resistance 3 wont happen. In the interview Insomniac head stated that it was a one game deal with EA and they are still having a good relationship with sony and the official sony response stated that insomnac still supports sony and they will announce a new exclusive game fairly soon which could very well be Resistance 3 Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Insomniac now making games for the 360!   Insomniac now making games for the 360! EmptyTue May 25, 2010 4:10 pm

Resistance and Ratchet are not coming to the 360, that is for sure. So all future IP's will be multiplat but those wont. And this isn't really a win, it just evens out losing Bungie. I'd say Bungie is more of a loss then anything
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: Insomniac now making games for the 360!   Insomniac now making games for the 360! EmptyTue May 25, 2010 4:25 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Resistance and Ratchet are not coming to the 360, that is for sure. So all future IP's will be multiplat but those wont. And this isn't really a win, it just evens out losing Bungie. I'd say Bungie is more of a loss then anything
naaaahhhhhhh
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: Insomniac now making games for the 360!   Insomniac now making games for the 360! EmptyTue May 25, 2010 4:30 pm

I hope to see those PS3 fanboys cry and bitch after this news. I wonder what multiplat game they will make!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
50msp

PostSubject: Re: Insomniac now making games for the 360!   Insomniac now making games for the 360! EmptyTue May 25, 2010 5:07 pm

The real war is between EA and Activision really. Activision got Bungie and EA got Insomniac. Sony and Microsoft still own the IP that the developers created during their time with them. Seriously if Bungie and Insomniac new IP are shooters, I hope they both flop with their first multiplateform game.
Back to top Go down
atari_g33k
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
atari_g33k

PostSubject: Re: Insomniac now making games for the 360!   Insomniac now making games for the 360! EmptyTue May 25, 2010 5:29 pm

Kendo wrote:
I hope to see those PS3 fanboys cry and bitch after this news. I wonder what multiplat game they will make!

umm i dont get it how is this supposed to make them cry and bitch...

a) its a multiplat not a 360 exclusive
b) its a one game deal
c) Insomniac said it still supports sony and they said that they are going to announce a new ps3 exclusive game soon

ps- im not trying to be a fanboy i just dont get what you are trying to prove here
Shocked lol!

Last edited by atari_g33k on Tue May 25, 2010 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lightlamp
lightlamp

PostSubject: Re: Insomniac now making games for the 360!   Insomniac now making games for the 360! EmptyTue May 25, 2010 5:31 pm

atari_g33k wrote:
Kendo wrote:

b) its a one game deal
c) Insomniac said it still supports sony and its going to announce a new ps3 exclusive game soon

ps- im not trying to be a fanboy i just dont get what you are trying to prove here
Shocked lol!
http://twitter.com/PS3T_Parker/status/14699220785
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: Insomniac now making games for the 360!   Insomniac now making games for the 360! EmptyTue May 25, 2010 5:33 pm

atari_g33k wrote:
Kendo wrote:

b) its a one game deal
c) Insomniac said it still supports sony and its going said to announce a new ps3 exclusive game soon

Shocked lol!
a: they forsake any developer who goes multiplat look at ff13 videos
b: not nessecarily
c: of course their gonna say that
Back to top Go down
atari_g33k
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
atari_g33k

PostSubject: Re: Insomniac now making games for the 360!   Insomniac now making games for the 360! EmptyTue May 25, 2010 5:40 pm

lightlamp2 wrote:
atari_g33k wrote:
Kendo wrote:

b) its a one game deal
c) Insomniac said it still supports sony and its going to announce a new ps3 exclusive game soon

Shocked lol!
http://twitter.com/PS3T_Parker/status/14699220785

wow thats one dumb fanboy lol wtf is wrong with him thats the kind of fanboys that i hate the people who will eat any exclusive shit thrown towards them No but what i meant was there is no real reason for anyone with common logic to bitch and moan about this and that clearly does not include that fanboy lol Question
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Insomniac now making games for the 360!   Insomniac now making games for the 360! Empty

Back to top Go down

Insomniac now making games for the 360!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: Xbox 360 News-
Jump to: