This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

ww.w.w..w.whhhat?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!

Go down 
+3
Arbiteris
Pein
DemonWolf
7 posters
AuthorMessage
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

ww.w.w..w.whhhat?!?!?!?!?!?!?!! Empty
PostSubject: ww.w.w..w.whhhat?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!   ww.w.w..w.whhhat?!?!?!?!?!?!?!! EmptyTue May 25, 2010 12:57 pm

Okay, I just realised that Oblivion has a 94 score on Metacritic.
That's a good score, yes and it deserves it. Definately.
But although I'm not going to start a petition or anything (lol though there are some people who would...) I'm kind of annoyed about this score.
Games like Gears Of War got the same rating.
Isn't that stupid?!
I mean, GOW is great but it's nowhere near as decent as Oblivion imo. Same goes with Uncharted 2! It's a great game but it's like Lara Croft but more linear....hell, it's like that Indiana Jones game (Staff Of Kings). Better, yeah but I wouldn't say it's anywhere near as decent as Oblivion!

You disagree with me? You agree with me?

Please respond! Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: ww.w.w..w.whhhat?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!   ww.w.w..w.whhhat?!?!?!?!?!?!?!! EmptyTue May 25, 2010 1:26 pm

i simply got screwed in oblivion,i deleted a safe that was 2 days before of what i saved and right now i need to get the diamond thing and the armor of that dude with the 4 ghosts,im truly screwed and i need to play it over again,but DDD,you remember that geow was a big hit back in 2006,if you played it back in 2006,you might liked it more,but since youve played it recently,its similar to games that have been released recently,but i have to disagree,uncharted 2 deserves that score,you havent played it.but anyway,i know you like oblivion soo much but still dont be soo pissed off that two tps are better,and as for a western rpg,thats a hellova score
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: ww.w.w..w.whhhat?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!   ww.w.w..w.whhhat?!?!?!?!?!?!?!! EmptyTue May 25, 2010 3:26 pm

ive put into more than 100 hours into Oblivion(I got very hooked on it awhile back)
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: ww.w.w..w.whhhat?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!   ww.w.w..w.whhhat?!?!?!?!?!?!?!! EmptyTue May 25, 2010 4:25 pm

Some games like GTAIV, Uncharted 2, MGS4, SMG, Gears of War 2 and a few others don't deserve AAA scores.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: ww.w.w..w.whhhat?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!   ww.w.w..w.whhhat?!?!?!?!?!?!?!! EmptyTue May 25, 2010 4:40 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Some games like GTAIV, Uncharted 2, MGS4, SMG, Gears of War 2 and a few others don't deserve AAA scores.

I disagree
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: ww.w.w..w.whhhat?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!   ww.w.w..w.whhhat?!?!?!?!?!?!?!! EmptyTue May 25, 2010 5:17 pm

AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
i simply got screwed in oblivion,i deleted a safe that was 2 days before of what i saved and right now i need to get the diamond thing and the armor of that dude with the 4 ghosts,im truly screwed and i need to play it over again,but DDD,you remember that geow was a big hit back in 2006,if you played it back in 2006,you might liked it more,but since youve played it recently,its similar to games that have been released recently,but i have to disagree,uncharted 2 deserves that score,you havent played it.but anyway,i know you like oblivion soo much but still dont be soo pissed off that two tps are better,and as for a western rpg,thats a hellova score
nothing except for bioware rpgs come close to beating oblivion
BlackStigma wrote:
they deserve AAA scores but oblivion deserves a higher one like 99 or 98
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: ww.w.w..w.whhhat?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!   ww.w.w..w.whhhat?!?!?!?!?!?!?!! EmptyTue May 25, 2010 5:56 pm

AndrejTheReviewer wrote:

Oh that sucks, you need to take things slowly!! Don't be so fast to save games or you may do something to it you don't wanna do...like delete it...like you did. lol

And errm actually I have played Uncharted 2. Several times.

Once at Eurogamer Expo.
Several times at my sister's house (her boyfriend owns it)
and at a friend's house.

I've played it for a while. It's a good game, I won't deny that but it's nowhere near the awesomeness of Oblivion. Graphics, fine, it takes the medal but it's not having to put up with a fully free roaming world the size of ...I dunno, something big! lol

Plus there's so much less depth and variety in gameplay.
Gears, yeah I guess it's old but Oblivion's old too and so I think that it deserved a better score even then!
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: ww.w.w..w.whhhat?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!   ww.w.w..w.whhhat?!?!?!?!?!?!?!! EmptyTue May 25, 2010 6:00 pm

arnt god of war wrote:
AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
nothing except for bioware rpgs come close to beating oblivion
BlackStigma wrote:
they deserve AAA scores but oblivion deserves a higher one like 99 or 98

Yes, that's what i believe!

I think critics these days are willing to give any great game a AAA rating. That's fine but come on, 98 for gta IV was just mind-blowingly stupid. I mean, at first impressions when you just play the game for the first time you automatically thing "wow, best game ever" but after a short while you begin seeing how it's far from perfect.
I personally think it deserves no more than 93.

As for Gears 1, I would just give it 90. I've not played Gears 2 yet but I would probably rate it higher because it looks better.
Uncharted 2, probably a 90 also.
MGS IV, I've not played but I'm sure that it would not deserve much more than 90 either. lol
Red Dead Redemption on the other hand...I think I agree with most of the critics on this one. It looks like a 94/95 standard game Razz
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: ww.w.w..w.whhhat?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!   ww.w.w..w.whhhat?!?!?!?!?!?!?!! EmptyTue May 25, 2010 6:01 pm

HellJumper wrote:
ive put into more than 100 hours into Oblivion(I got very hooked on it awhile back)

Yeahhh!! Razz Awesome game. Deserves higher ratings compared to some of the overrated titles around today.
Back to top Go down
ZeInFormer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: ww.w.w..w.whhhat?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!   ww.w.w..w.whhhat?!?!?!?!?!?!?!! EmptyTue May 25, 2010 6:19 pm

demondragondude wrote:
But although I'm not going to start a petition or anything (lol though there are some people who would...) I'm kind of annoyed about this score.
Isn't that stupid?!
I mean, GOW is great but it's nowhere near as decent as Oblivion imo. Same goes with Uncharted 2! It's a great game but it's like Lara Croft but more linear....hell, it's like that Indiana Jones game (Staff Of Kings). Better, yeah but I wouldn't say it's anywhere near as decent as Oblivion!

Please respond! Razz
How is that stupid? IT"S THEIR OPINION. It's not like "reviews are the true facts for games." Psychotoxic is a game that got like 30-40% avg on metacritic and I think it's not that bad at best. It's pretty fun old school action, but it is flawed and that's my opinion. You can't compare a shooter with an RPG by the way. I wouldn't care less if people like Uncharted more than Gears. I like Gears more than Uncharted and I have my reasons and they have their reasons for liking Uncharted over Gears.
Back to top Go down
ZeInFormer

PostSubject: Re: ww.w.w..w.whhhat?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!   ww.w.w..w.whhhat?!?!?!?!?!?!?!! EmptyTue May 25, 2010 6:20 pm

And if you think that RPGs are the only genre that's replayable in the single player aspect. I've been playing the Doom games for over 10+ years.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: ww.w.w..w.whhhat?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!   ww.w.w..w.whhhat?!?!?!?!?!?!?!! EmptyTue May 25, 2010 6:25 pm

ZeInFormer wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Isn't that stupid?!

Please respond! Razz
How is that stupid? IT"S THEIR OPINION. It's not like "reviews are the true facts for games." Psychotoxic is a game that got like 30-40% avg on metacritic and I think it's not that bad at best. It's pretty fun old school action, but it is flawed and that's my opinion. You can't compare a shooter with an RPG by the way. I wouldn't care less if people like Uncharted more than Gears. I like Gears more than Uncharted and I have my reasons and they have their reasons for liking Uncharted over Gears.

Okay, not "stupid" but I still think it makes no sense how they can rate a game with immense replay value, amazing amounts of depth and upon a truly groundbreaking scale lower than a game that is great for it's own reasons but pales in replay value and the gameplay on the whole is more satisfying on Oblivion.
Well I guess we all have our opinions, I'm not denying that, but I'm just saying I think Oblivion didn't get the respect it deserved.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: ww.w.w..w.whhhat?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!   ww.w.w..w.whhhat?!?!?!?!?!?!?!! EmptyTue May 25, 2010 6:29 pm

ZeInFormer wrote:
And if you think that RPGs are the only genre that's replayable in the single player aspect. I've been playing the Doom games for over 10+ years.

I don't. I hated RPG's before this gen.

I've been playing Little Big Adventure 2 for around 10 years myself.
Because it's got many features so many games today lack all together...

Originality. A truly imaginative, abstract yet believable world. Gameplay with lots of variety. Fantastic immersion. A long single player campaign. Lots of unlockables. Branching game paths.

And so on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ww.w.w..w.whhhat?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!   ww.w.w..w.whhhat?!?!?!?!?!?!?!! EmptyTue May 25, 2010 6:49 pm

They cant even be compared, its like 2 totally different categories of games.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: ww.w.w..w.whhhat?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!   ww.w.w..w.whhhat?!?!?!?!?!?!?!! EmptyTue May 25, 2010 7:01 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:

True, yes. But still.... a rating is a rating. A game is a game. I believe Oblivion is better than Gears and so despite them being of different genres, I still think Oblivion deserves a better rating.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ww.w.w..w.whhhat?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!   ww.w.w..w.whhhat?!?!?!?!?!?!?!! EmptyTue May 25, 2010 7:07 pm

demondragondude wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

True, yes. But still.... a rating is a rating. A game is a game. I believe Oblivion is better than Gears and so despite them being of different genres, I still think Oblivion deserves a better rating.

Well I only played the very beginning of Oblivion and it was VERY SLOW AND BORING but I am sure once I got into it, it would be better. Otherwise, I can't really say much since I haven't played a majority of it.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: ww.w.w..w.whhhat?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!   ww.w.w..w.whhhat?!?!?!?!?!?!?!! EmptyWed May 26, 2010 3:46 am

TheJubJub57212 wrote:

Exactly. Gears of War 2 and Oblivion shouldn't even be compared because they are coming from two different genres and there are different expectations from both games that affect the scores.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: ww.w.w..w.whhhat?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!   ww.w.w..w.whhhat?!?!?!?!?!?!?!! EmptyWed May 26, 2010 7:06 am

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

Well I only played the very beginning of Oblivion and it was VERY SLOW AND BORING but I am sure once I got into it, it would be better. Otherwise, I can't really say much since I haven't played a majority of it.

I actually felt that way right at the start too. It wasn't till about 7 months after I bought it when I decided to finally give it another try. Then I got seriously hooked! It's become one of my favourite games of all time! Probably my second favourite game this gen!

ghost23 wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

Exactly. Gears of War 2 and Oblivion shouldn't even be compared because they are coming from two different genres and there are different expectations from both games that affect the scores.

Yer... you have a point. But wouldn't you say Oblivion is a better game?
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: ww.w.w..w.whhhat?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!   ww.w.w..w.whhhat?!?!?!?!?!?!?!! EmptyWed May 26, 2010 7:11 am

demondragondude wrote:

ghost23 wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

Well I actually haven't played Oblivion *GASP*. But from playing Fallout 3 and hearing what everyone has to say about Oblivion, it seems like a great game. But both Gears of War 2 and Oblivion are great games but both in different ways. I don't really like comparing games of different genres because like I said in my previous post, they have different expectations set out for them. If you want to do a good comparison, compare Oblivion with Fallout 3.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ww.w.w..w.whhhat?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!   ww.w.w..w.whhhat?!?!?!?!?!?!?!! EmptyWed May 26, 2010 8:15 am

demondragondude wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

I actually felt that way right at the start too. It wasn't till about 7 months after I bought it when I decided to finally give it another try. Then I got seriously hooked! It's become one of my favourite games of all time! Probably my second favourite game this gen!

I really want to give it another try, I will probably pick it up soon.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: ww.w.w..w.whhhat?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!   ww.w.w..w.whhhat?!?!?!?!?!?!?!! EmptyWed May 26, 2010 8:43 am

ghost23 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:

ghost23 wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

Well I actually haven't played Oblivion *GASP*. But from playing Fallout 3 and hearing what everyone has to say about Oblivion, it seems like a great game. But both Gears of War 2 and Oblivion are great games but both in different ways. I don't really like comparing games of different genres because like I said in my previous post, they have different expectations set out for them. If you want to do a good comparison, compare Oblivion with Fallout 3.

Nooo, Fallout's nothing like it.
lol
Seriously, the only similarity is that they're both RPG's but that's where the similarities end!
Oblivion's > Fallout imo. xD

Anyway you must try out Oblivion sometime, it will change your life!! =]

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

I really want to give it another try, I will probably pick it up soon.

Yeah you definately should. Razz You'll probably loorrrveee it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ww.w.w..w.whhhat?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!   ww.w.w..w.whhhat?!?!?!?!?!?!?!! Empty

Back to top Go down

ww.w.w..w.whhhat?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: User Created :: Rants, Articles, Columns, Videos-
Jump to: