This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

R.I.P. Paul Grey

Go down 
+3
DemonWolf
igame
ZeInFormer
7 posters
AuthorMessage

R.I.P. Paul Grey Empty
PostSubject: R.I.P. Paul Grey   R.I.P. Paul Grey EmptyTue May 25, 2010 4:22 pm

Paul Grey of Slipknot passed away May 24th. The bassist from the emmy with band Slipknot. He will be missed Sad

Quote :
Paul Dedrick Gray (born April 8, 1972), was the bassist for Grammy-Award winning Des Moines-born band Slipknot. Paul was known by his number #2, or "The Pig."

Paul was born in Los Angeles, California. Later his family relocated to Des Moines. In his youth, Gray performed in bands such as Anal Blast, Vexx, Body Pit and Inveigh Catharsi.

Outside Slipknot, Gray has filled in as bassist for Unida during their 2003 tour, appeared on Drop Dead, Gorgeous' Worse Than a Fairy Tale, done a brief tour with Reggie and the Full Effect and appeared on the Roadrunner United project, performing bass on "The Enemy" and "Baptized in the Redemption" from the project's album The All-Star Sessions.

He was one of the 3 founding members of Slipknot remaining in the band, and the only one who has maintained his original role in the band due to Clown's switch from main drums to custom percussion during the early days.

Paul was married for two years to his wife Brenna. Paul had a tattoo of her name on his knuckles. Paul and Brenna were expecting their first child later this year.

All of us at Lazer 103.3 are heartbroken by the loss of Paul. We offer our sincere condolences to Paul's family, his bandmates and to the legions of "maggots" around the world.

Tribute to Paul by http://www.lazer1033.com/
Back to top Go down
ZeInFormer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

R.I.P. Paul Grey Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Paul Grey   R.I.P. Paul Grey EmptyTue May 25, 2010 11:18 pm

Yeah, this was sad news and I'm a fan too. Although, he never really showed off what he's capable of as a bass player. He did what he had to do for the band. R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
igame
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer
igame

R.I.P. Paul Grey Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Paul Grey   R.I.P. Paul Grey EmptyWed May 26, 2010 2:24 am

Yeah my brother is a big fan of slipknot, he was a bit upset, i just thought "who the fuck is paul grey?" lol
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

R.I.P. Paul Grey Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Paul Grey   R.I.P. Paul Grey EmptyWed May 26, 2010 6:42 am

Sad
Sad year for Metal.

R.I.P JIMMY SULLIVAN (though he passed away December 09)
R.I.P RONNIE JAMES DIO
R.I.P PAUL GRAY

Fuckin' grim reaper, can't you go for the rappers now?!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

R.I.P. Paul Grey Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Paul Grey   R.I.P. Paul Grey EmptyWed May 26, 2010 8:27 am

demondragondude wrote:

Yeah...and go kill Justin Bieber...PLEASE!!!!!
Back to top Go down
spartan225
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Force Master Chief Petty Officer

R.I.P. Paul Grey Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Paul Grey   R.I.P. Paul Grey EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 9:26 pm

Its sad how much you guys feel for these people. There have been more important people in the past than them. Its kinda like when Michael Jackson died just not as bad.
Back to top Go down

R.I.P. Paul Grey Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Paul Grey   R.I.P. Paul Grey EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 12:58 am

spartan225 wrote:
Its sad how much you guys feel for these people. There have been more important people in the past than them. Its kinda like when Michael Jackson died just not as bad.

If I liked Michael Jackson then I would feel for him dying, but I never liked his music. Ronnie James Dio, Paul Grey, ect, I listen to their music every day of my life and they were icons for their genre. That is why we feel for them.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

R.I.P. Paul Grey Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Paul Grey   R.I.P. Paul Grey EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 5:17 am

demondragondude wrote:
Sad
Sad year for Metal.

R.I.P RONNIE JAMES DIO
R.I.P PAUL GRAY

I hate that we lost the "Holy Diver" Sad
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

R.I.P. Paul Grey Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Paul Grey   R.I.P. Paul Grey EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 8:53 am

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
spartan225 wrote:

If I liked Michael Jackson then I would feel for him dying, but I never liked his music. Ronnie James Dio, Paul Grey, ect, I listen to their music every day of my life and they were icons for their genre. That is why we feel for them.
I was sad about Michael Jackson! I'm not even a big fan of his music, it's just that I remembered listening to
him when I was young and his death kinda shocked me. The most saddest death was Jimmy Sad my favourite drummer ever.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

R.I.P. Paul Grey Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Paul Grey   R.I.P. Paul Grey EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 8:55 am

Blixtstorm wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Sad
Sad year for Metal.

R.I.P RONNIE JAMES DIO
R.I.P PAUL GRAY

I hate that we lost the "Holy Diver" Sad

Paul Grey is a dead memory.
Jimmy Sullivan is in eternal rest.
Ronnie james Dio is a rainbow in the dark. Sad
Back to top Go down

R.I.P. Paul Grey Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Paul Grey   R.I.P. Paul Grey EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 11:58 am

demondragondude wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
spartan225 wrote:

I was sad about Michael Jackson! I'm not even a big fan of his music, it's just that I remembered listening to
him when I was young and his death kinda shocked me. The most saddest death was Jimmy Sad my favourite drummer ever.

Yeah, I was shocked to hear about Michaels death, but I didnt really feel anything since I hate that type of music. But I was shocked about Jimmy Sad
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

R.I.P. Paul Grey Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Paul Grey   R.I.P. Paul Grey EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 12:03 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
spartan225 wrote:

Yeah, I was shocked to hear about Michaels death, but I didnt really feel anything since I hate that type of music. But I was shocked about Jimmy Sad

Sad At least he's in his afterlife now.

"I don't belong here, we gotta move on, dear. Escape from this afterlife"
Back to top Go down

R.I.P. Paul Grey Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Paul Grey   R.I.P. Paul Grey EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 12:05 pm

demondragondude wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
spartan225 wrote:

I love that song Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

R.I.P. Paul Grey Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Paul Grey   R.I.P. Paul Grey EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 12:07 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
spartan225 wrote:

You'd have to be a fool not to rabbit
Back to top Go down

R.I.P. Paul Grey Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Paul Grey   R.I.P. Paul Grey EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 12:08 pm

demondragondude wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
spartan225 wrote:

You'd have to be a fool not to rabbit

I bet even TTSUF likes that song, and he is a fool geek
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

R.I.P. Paul Grey Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Paul Grey   R.I.P. Paul Grey EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 12:29 pm

Wow,you talk like these people are heroes.I am sad when REAL heroes die while fighting over in Iraq and Afghanistan fighting for their country
Back to top Go down

R.I.P. Paul Grey Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Paul Grey   R.I.P. Paul Grey EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 12:41 pm

HellJumper wrote:
Wow,you talk like these people are heroes.I am sad when REAL heroes die while fighting over in Iraq and Afghanistan fighting for their country

That saddens me too. I know people who have died over there.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

R.I.P. Paul Grey Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Paul Grey   R.I.P. Paul Grey EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 5:36 pm

HellJumper wrote:

I know. I do feel sad about that obviously but you're overlooking something. I respect those people who lose their lives doing what they believe is right. But if I've never seen them before or heard of them it's harder to sympathise. Whereas if I've been listening to a musician's music every single day for several years, watched many vids of them, seen them play live and suddenly they die, obviously I'm going to feel very depressed about it.

Back to top Go down

R.I.P. Paul Grey Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Paul Grey   R.I.P. Paul Grey EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 5:41 pm

demondragondude wrote:
HellJumper wrote:

I know. I do feel sad about that obviously but you're overlooking something. I respect those people who lose their lives doing what they believe is right. But if I've never seen them before or heard of them it's harder to sympathise. Whereas if I've been listening to a musician's music every single day for several years, watched many vids of them, seen them play live and suddenly they die, obviously I'm going to feel very depressed about it.

Could not have said it better myself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

R.I.P. Paul Grey Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Paul Grey   R.I.P. Paul Grey Empty

Back to top Go down

R.I.P. Paul Grey
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Non-Gaming :: Movies/TV/Anime/Music/Books-
Jump to: