This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ideas for Dashboard Update

Go down 
+5
ghost23
arnt god of war
IcyMeteor
Pein
optimusprime
9 posters
AuthorMessage
optimusprime
Senior Chief Petty Officer
optimusprime

Ideas for Dashboard Update Empty
PostSubject: Ideas for Dashboard Update   Ideas for Dashboard Update EmptyThu May 27, 2010 12:30 pm

Love the NXE dashboard but I feel it can always improve even with little features to add to the overall experience such as:

1) Gamerscore Leaderboards

Go to My Community for a new tab which instead of browsing every friend to find out their score will list them all top to bottom, a simple press of
the Y button will take you to your score if it is not visible on the first page

2) Animated Premium Themes

I like the dynamic themes on the playstation 3 and I think for what microsoft is charging for them they could at least be
more vibrant and fluid. for example the alan wake themes could involve windy trees or the weather changing, mass
effect themes could have glowing stars and planets.

3) Customize the guide

The guide when you press the button is the same colour, the navy blue. How about an option to change it or have a pattern which
matches the new premium theme you have just purchased?

4) Achievement Museum

Here you can add hard earned achievements and ones you are proud of into a collection. browse any achievement and with a simple press of a button
it gets added to your museum or collection whatever. live is famous for giving players a real identity instead of just a handle like psn and i feel something like
this with its domain which you can customize and view other peoples would add more that.

anything you guys would like?
Back to top Go down
Pein
Four Star General (Moderator)
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Dashboard Update   Ideas for Dashboard Update EmptyThu May 27, 2010 12:34 pm

wow nice ideas,too bad i cant think of one atm.i think the NXE will be better if those stuff are added,nice ideas man
Back to top Go down
optimusprime
optimusprime

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Dashboard Update   Ideas for Dashboard Update EmptyThu May 27, 2010 1:14 pm

AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
wow nice ideas,too bad i cant think of one atm.i think the NXE will be better if those stuff are added,nice ideas man

thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
IcyMeteor
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
IcyMeteor

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Dashboard Update   Ideas for Dashboard Update EmptyThu May 27, 2010 4:55 pm

how bout if you buy 1200 ms points but only use 800 u should be able to send the rest to a friend
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Dashboard Update   Ideas for Dashboard Update EmptyThu May 27, 2010 5:03 pm

optimusprime wrote:
Love the NXE dashboard but I feel it can always improve even with little features to add to the overall experience such as:

1) Gamerscore Leaderboards

Go to My Community for a new tab which instead of browsing every friend to find out their score will list them all top to bottom, a simple press of
the Y button will take you to your score if it is not visible on the first page

2) Animated Premium Themes

I like the dynamic themes on the playstation 3 and I think for what microsoft is charging for them they could at least be
more vibrant and fluid. for example the alan wake themes could involve windy trees or the weather changing, mass
effect themes could have glowing stars and planets.

3) Customize the guide

The guide when you press the button is the same colour, the navy blue. How about an option to change it or have a pattern which
matches the new premium theme you have just purchased?

4) Achievement Museum

Here you can add hard earned achievements and ones you are proud of into a collection. browse any achievement and with a simple press of a button
it gets added to your museum or collection whatever. live is famous for giving players a real identity instead of just a handle like psn and i feel something like
this with its domain which you can customize and view other peoples would add more that.

anything you guys would like?
you should send this to ms or post it on xbox.com
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Dashboard Update   Ideas for Dashboard Update EmptyFri May 28, 2010 5:47 am

MS have said that they have been working on a lot of cool stuff for NXE to be announced at E3. Hopefully some of this will actually be true cause they are really good features.
Back to top Go down
Madtoker
Master Chief Petty Officer
Madtoker

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Dashboard Update   Ideas for Dashboard Update EmptyFri May 28, 2010 6:43 am

if you ever do post this also add

moar fr33 stuff kthnxbye
Back to top Go down
optimusprime
optimusprime

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Dashboard Update   Ideas for Dashboard Update EmptyFri May 28, 2010 7:20 am

Madtoker wrote:
if you ever do post this also add

moar fr33 stuff kthnxbye

cheapskate Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Dashboard Update   Ideas for Dashboard Update EmptyFri May 28, 2010 7:57 am

These are some sweet ideas, I would love to see those in the new NXE.
Back to top Go down
masterking
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
masterking

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Dashboard Update   Ideas for Dashboard Update EmptyFri May 28, 2010 8:43 pm

i dont like nxe, dont know why. i think its becase its just to big in colorful, ps3 xmb is fast, and plan(unless you have a theme, then it looks cool.)
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Dashboard Update   Ideas for Dashboard Update EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 5:58 pm

I agree with you fully. All those things would be excellent additions.
Especially the achievement thing. I can imagine something like the souvenir room in Super Smash Bros (melee) where you have all of them randomly on the table, except with the achievements, have them on some 3D shelves or something XD
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Dashboard Update   Ideas for Dashboard Update EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 6:01 pm

masterking wrote:
i dont like nxe, dont know why. i think its becase its just to big in colorful, ps3 xmb is fast, and plan(unless you have a theme, then it looks cool.)

Ps3 screen's a bit boring though. And it's a bit messy. I dunno, maybe I'm just not used to it but everything looks kinda scattered around randomly.

There are just massive lines of icons and you have to go scrolling through for ages to find what you want.

One advantage I must say is how you can pause a game at any time and go to the main menu but it's still not got the same accessibility of 360 where you can press the guide button and go through all the options there; friends, achievements, voice chat, music, etc
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Dashboard Update   Ideas for Dashboard Update EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 6:11 pm

demondragondude wrote:
masterking wrote:

Ps3 screen's a bit boring though. And it's a bit messy. I dunno, maybe I'm just not used to it but everything looks kinda scattered around randomly.

There are just massive lines of icons and you have to go scrolling through for ages to find what you want.

One advantage I must say is how you can pause a game at any time and go to the main menu but it's still not got the same accessibility of 360 where you can press the guide button and go through all the options there; friends, achievements, voice chat, music, etc

I think its because your just not use to it, because I also find it faster and better, but it is a lot of personal preference. But with out a theme, yes it is a bit boring. But I love how its the whole menu when you click the PS button, instead of a menu like on the 360. But the music is a developer thing, MS makes it so they have to have in-game music, but Sony doesn't. So devs chose to put it in, in games like Red Dead and Killzone 2
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Dashboard Update   Ideas for Dashboard Update EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 5:04 am

@ jubjub
Cool, I guess I see your point Razz
yeah Im probably just not used to it.
Back to top Go down
Ozsem

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Dashboard Update   Ideas for Dashboard Update EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 10:58 am

Only thing i want is an notification option for achievement only and infinite friend list.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Dashboard Update   Ideas for Dashboard Update Empty

Back to top Go down

Ideas for Dashboard Update
Page 1 of 1