This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

killzone 3 gameplay and thoughts

Go down 
AuthorMessage
atari_g33k
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
atari_g33k

killzone 3 gameplay and thoughts Empty
PostSubject: killzone 3 gameplay and thoughts   killzone 3 gameplay and thoughts EmptyFri May 28, 2010 1:09 am

i found this killzone 3 gameplay video from the press conference online

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLCnvpJnIbc

I think it looks rather impresive visually but the shooting feels kinda clunky similar to the first game
watch the video and comment on what you think about it
Back to top Go down
igame
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer
igame

PostSubject: Re: killzone 3 gameplay and thoughts   killzone 3 gameplay and thoughts EmptyFri May 28, 2010 3:29 am

I saw it too but i didn't even bother watching the whole thing, and im not going to unless i see it with better video quality and with sound.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: killzone 3 gameplay and thoughts   killzone 3 gameplay and thoughts EmptyFri May 28, 2010 6:03 am

From the outset, doesn't look like any real improvements over Killzone 2. But I'll reserve judgment until I watch a HD video.
Back to top Go down
Doominator99
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: killzone 3 gameplay and thoughts   killzone 3 gameplay and thoughts EmptyFri May 28, 2010 3:18 pm

looks very good. i dont expect any major graphical improvments because killzone 2 was already better than any other game. they said in an interview that they will make controls more responsive too. YAY!
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: killzone 3 gameplay and thoughts   killzone 3 gameplay and thoughts EmptyFri May 28, 2010 3:50 pm

Looks exactly like Killzone 2, but thats defintely not a bad thing, although I expect a few tweaks here and there. Lets hope they fix the controls.
Back to top Go down
am203
Seaman
Seaman

PostSubject: Re: killzone 3 gameplay and thoughts   killzone 3 gameplay and thoughts EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 2:40 pm

need to see it in hd, plus I hope they put more gore in to the exeutions
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: killzone 3 gameplay and thoughts   killzone 3 gameplay and thoughts EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 4:58 pm

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
Looks exactly like Killzone 2, but thats defintely not a bad thing, although I expect a few tweaks here and there. Lets hope they fix the controls.

I honestly don't get what you guys are complaining about (not just you but everyone who says the controls are bad). You can change them to your liking, I changed them so they felt more like CoD in a way.
Back to top Go down
TheJester
Seaman
Seaman

PostSubject: Re: killzone 3 gameplay and thoughts   killzone 3 gameplay and thoughts EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 10:41 pm

Apparently they're working on the controls. They knew a lot of people disliked them, and Guerrilla seems to listen to the community (they even addressed everyone's hatred with Rico in an IGN video interview).

Also, just before anyone says so, remember they did not steal jetpacks from Reach Razz Liberation had jetpacks in it, which came out years ago. Apparently the jetpacks are going to explode when you shoot them, which sounds awesome. As for the video, the new brutal melée system looks pretty awesome. I hope it isn't too AvP-esque where it leaves you vulnerable for doing so. Must say I'm excited! Hope they implement the cover system into multiplayer this time.
Back to top Go down
Wolfshiemhere
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: killzone 3 gameplay and thoughts   killzone 3 gameplay and thoughts EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 10:52 pm

TheJester wrote:
(they even addressed everyone's hatred with Rico in an IGN video interview)..
Yeah, they set up that character to show the unstable character of the ISA. He started a damn fistfight with an officer for god sakes. Something is going to happen to him.
That and the Helghast are in a political power struggle so we might have some Helghast v. Helghast fighting
Back to top Go down
TheJester
Seaman
Seaman

PostSubject: Re: killzone 3 gameplay and thoughts   killzone 3 gameplay and thoughts EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 10:57 pm

Wolfshiemhere wrote:
TheJester wrote:
(they even addressed everyone's hatred with Rico in an IGN video interview)..
Yeah, they set up that character to show the unstable character of the ISA. He started a damn fistfight with an officer for god sakes. Something is going to happen to him.
That and the Helghast are in a political power struggle so we might have some Helghast v. Helghast fighting

I sure as hell hope something happens to Rico! I raged so hard when he charged in, causing Garza's death. Then killing Visari. It seems like Visari was pushing for Rico to kill him though, especially when he says "...The madness begins..."

As for the power struggle, it seems like a 50/50 chance for civil war. I honestly think they'll be more focused on taking out the ISA first. Either way, I love the story and hope they somehow make it better in KZ3.
Back to top Go down
Yusuke Urameshi
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Yusuke Urameshi

PostSubject: Re: killzone 3 gameplay and thoughts   killzone 3 gameplay and thoughts EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 2:36 am

Really had no problem with the controls since I changed mine to Call of Duty style.

Just it feels a little slow.
When turning it feels slow XD

But other than that I'm really excited for Killzone 3
Back to top Go down
TheJester
Seaman
Seaman

PostSubject: Re: killzone 3 gameplay and thoughts   killzone 3 gameplay and thoughts EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 2:42 am

Yusuke Urameshi wrote:
Really had no problem with the controls since I changed mine to Call of Duty style.

Just it feels a little slow.
When turning it feels slow XD

But other than that I'm really excited for Killzone 3

I actually like the button layout better than CoD's, mainly because there is no prone in the game (hope they might add it in KZ3)

The slow turning is what they're trying to improve. In KZ2, they did it on purpose to make it feel "weighted", but it didn't work out too well. When they patched it, it was (or is, in my case) a vast improvement. Still needs some work imo.

But I gotta admit, KZ2's sniping is some of the most fun I've had sniping, especially with proximity chat. Being in a room, invisible, with an enemy:
"That's a nice gun you got there!"
"SHIT FUCK DIE DIE DIE"
"Well, that's not very nice!"
"WHERE ARE YOU GOD DAMMIT?! NEED BACKUP AT MY LOCATION THERE'S A SCOUT HERE"
Then proceed to blow his face off. And right before his teammates arrive, the cooldown is up.
"Those are some nice guns you got there..."

Oh, good times, good times.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: killzone 3 gameplay and thoughts   killzone 3 gameplay and thoughts EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 10:49 am

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:

I honestly don't get what you guys are complaining about (not just you but everyone who says the controls are bad). You can change them to your liking, I changed them so they felt more like CoD in a way.

I thought they felt awkward is all. Still think its a beast of a game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: killzone 3 gameplay and thoughts   killzone 3 gameplay and thoughts Empty

Back to top Go down

killzone 3 gameplay and thoughts
Page 1 of 1