This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

PS3 & 360 AAA titles

Go down 
+4
ghost23
DemonWolf
Wolfshiemhere
igame
8 posters
AuthorMessage
igame
Senior Chief Petty Officer
igame

PS3 & 360 AAA titles Empty
PostSubject: PS3 & 360 AAA titles   PS3 & 360 AAA titles EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 6:27 am

MLD has been keeping track of every new game coming out on the ps3 and the 360 this year, and i wanted to update the overall number of AAA titles that both systems have before e3 starts. Its been 6 months now since the year started and i got curious. I checked Metacritic first since everyone here seems to use that website, and then i checked out GameRankings. Anyways i wanted to share this information so i posted the results from both websites.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/ps3/scores/

1 Grand Theft Auto IV
2 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
3 LittleBigPlanet
4 Red Dead Redemption
5 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
6 Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
7 BioShock
8 Street Fighter IV
9 Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
10 Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, The
11 Braid
12 God of War III
13 Super Street Fighter IV
14 Rock Band
15 Rock Band 2
16 FIFA Soccer 10
17 Assassin's Creed II
18 Peggle
19 MLB 10: The Show
20 God of War Collection
21 Killzone 2
22 Batman: Arkham Asylum
23 Fallout 3
24 MLB 09: The Show
25 Demon's Souls

http://www.metacritic.com/games/xbox360/scores/

1 Grand Theft Auto IV
2 BioShock
3 Orange Box, The
4 Mass Effect 2
5 Red Dead Redemption
6 Gears of War
7 Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, The
8 Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
9 Halo 3
10 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
11 Braid
12 Street Fighter IV
13 Fallout 3
14 Gears of War 2
15 Guitar Hero II
16 Rock Band
17 Forza Motorsport 3
18 Batman: Arkham Asylum
19 Super Street Fighter IV
20 Rock Band 2
21 Mass Effect
22 Assassin's Creed II
23 Bayonetta
24 Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
25 Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and Damned
26 FIFA Soccer 10
27 Portal: Still Alive
28 Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2
29 Forza Motorsport 2

The 360 is ahead by 4 games on Metacritic.

http://www.gamerankings.com/browse.html?site=ps3&cat=0&year=0&numrev=0&sort=0&letter=&search=

1 Grand Theft Auto IV
2 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
3 Fallout 3: GOTY Edition
4 LittleBigPlanet
5 Red Dead Redemption
7 BioShock
8 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
9 Street Fighter IV
10 Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
11 Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, The
12 Braid
13 God of War III
14 Super Street Fighter IV
15 Batman Arkham Asylum
16 Rock Band 2
17 Rock Band
18 WipEout HD Fury
19 God of War Collection
20 MLB 10: The Show
21 FIFA Soccer 10
22 Assassins Creed 2
23 Peggle
24 Killzone 2

http://www.gamerankings.com/browse.html?site=xbox360&cat=0&year=0&numrev=0&sort=0&letter=&search=

1 Orange Box, The
2 Grand Theft Auto IV
3 Mass Effect 2
4 BioShock
5 Red Dead Redemption
7 Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, The
8 Gears of War
9 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
10 Halo 3
11 Street Fighter IV
12 Gears of War 2
13 Fallout 3
14 Guitar Hero II
15 Forza Motorsport 3
16 Batman: Arkham Asylum
17 Rock Band 2
18 Braid
19 Rock Band
20 Super Street Fighter IV
21 Grand Theft Auto IV: Episodes From Liberty City
22 Mass Effect
23 Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
24 Assassin's Creed II

Both systems with the same number of AAA titles on GameRankings.

The 360 had a year start and yet the ps3 continues to make the difference between AAA titles smaller every year.
Will the ps3 catch up this year? Witch console will have more AAA titles by the end of the year? Whats your opinion on this subject? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Wolfshiemhere
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: PS3 & 360 AAA titles   PS3 & 360 AAA titles EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 7:03 am

Seeing the subject matter of this part of the thread it is incorrect to say something remotely positive about the PS3.
So to stay true...

paid off reviews, shit games anyway no one gives a shit they're in last place.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: PS3 & 360 AAA titles   PS3 & 360 AAA titles EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 7:04 am

Not a chance.

XBOX 360 has Halo Reach upcoming.
XBOX 360 has Gears Of War III announced for next year.
XBOX 360 has Fable III and Crackdown 2 coming out that could be AAA titles.
XBOX 360 will have another Mass Effect title coming out probably in 2011.
XBOX 360 still seems to be getting more superior multiplatform games and so if there is another Bayonetta type game that runs perfectly on 360 and badly on ps3, 360 may get itself another AAA title and ps3 will get a AA.
PS3 is getting Move that works pretty much like a wii controller so if there is any game for that which works well for it, it still may not get decent reviews because it's probably not going to do anything particularly better than the wii. Natal on the other hand is like completely new technology and a game that works well for that technology could be a AAA title very easily.
There are games like Monster Hunter Frontier Online, The Secret World Dark Days Are Coming, mmos' announced for 360 that could easily be amazing titles.
XBOX 360 is getting a remake of XCOM, a cult classic, which, if faithful to the original but has a nice new twist or some brand new features, it could be a AAA title for all we know.
XBOX 360 also has a game called Deathsmiles announced and while I doubt it would be AAA, some of those addictive 2D games do sometimes get high ratings.
XBOX 360 also has Portal 2 announced. Need I say more?
And of course there's the possibility of Prey 2, Doom 4, etc
There are also rumours of Project Gotham Racing 5 and maybe Forza 4 for 2011?

And then there are also xbox live arcade games. While I've not heard of that many arcade games that sound amazing to me, I'm sure there'll be at least one AAA XBLA game this year.

And let's not forget something...
A LOT of titles like Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2, Fable II and others, got 89's and (ps3 had Demon Souls that got 89 too) so technically if you round them up, those are AAA titles.

And there's something else which is important... AA titles.
Let's say hypothetically that ps3 got 1 or 2 AAA titles more than 360, Xbox 360 still has like another hundred or so more AA titles than ps3. And are AA titles bad? No way! Hell, a lot of ps3 owners love MAG (A) and White Knight Chronicles (not even A). And those games, quite frankly, make AA titles on 360 like Alan Wake, Splinter Cell Conviction, Project Gotham Racing 4, and others look absolutely amazing (which they are anyway, and had the potential of being AAA titles were there a few more positive reviews).

So, I think I've pretty much made my point. Ps3 just can't overtake 360, at least not on Metacritic and even if it did...that's just AAA titles. But I'm 99.9% sure.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: PS3 & 360 AAA titles   PS3 & 360 AAA titles EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 7:45 am

We also have a lot of quality AA titles like Alan Wake, Splinter Cell Conviction which are all titles that everyone should play.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PS3 & 360 AAA titles   PS3 & 360 AAA titles EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 7:54 am

After seeing this list, all I have to say is that I am glad I am a multi-console owner! lol
Back to top Go down
igame
igame

PostSubject: Re: PS3 & 360 AAA titles   PS3 & 360 AAA titles EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 8:24 am

demondragondude wrote:
Not a chance.

XBOX 360 still seems to be getting more superior multiplatform games and so if there is another Bayonetta type game that runs perfectly on 360 and badly on ps3, 360 may get itself another AAA title and ps3 will get a AA.
PS3 is getting Move that works pretty much like a wii controller so if there is any game for that which works well for it, it still may not get decent reviews because it's probably not going to do anything particularly better than the wii. Natal on the other hand is like completely new technology and a game that works well for that technology could be a AAA title very easily.
There are games like Monster Hunter Frontier Online, The Secret World Dark Days Are Coming, mmos' announced for 360 that could easily be amazing titles.
XBOX 360 is getting a remake of XCOM, a cult classic, which, if faithful to the original but has a nice new twist or some brand new features, it could be a AAA title for all we know.
XBOX 360 also has a game called Deathsmiles announced and while I doubt it would be AAA, some of those addictive 2D games do sometimes get high ratings.

And then there are also xbox live arcade games. While I've not heard of that many arcade games that sound amazing to me, I'm sure there'll be at least one AAA XBLA game this year.

A LOT of titles like Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2, Fable II and others, got 89's and (ps3 had Demon Souls that got 89 too) so technically if you round them up, those are AAA titles.

Let's say hypothetically that ps3 got 1 or 2 AAA titles more than 360, Xbox 360 still has like another hundred or so more AA titles than ps3. And are AA titles bad? No way! Hell, a lot of ps3 owners love MAG (A) and White Knight Chronicles (not even A). And those games, quite frankly, make AA titles on 360 like Alan Wake, Splinter Cell Conviction, Project Gotham Racing 4, and others look absolutely amazing (which they are anyway, and had the potential of being AAA titles were there a few more positive reviews).

So, I think I've pretty much made my point. Ps3 just can't overtake 360, at least not on Metacritic and even if it did...that's just AAA titles. But I'm 99.9% sure.

I'm talking about 2010 here, ill worry about games that are coming out on 2011 when that year comes. I didn't really wanna round em up, if its 89 its gonna stay 89. Demon's Souls is actually 90 now.
I didn't bother with the AA titles, the 360 has way more in that category so its not even a competition, but it doesn't have a hundred more AA titles than ps3 lol i believe the 360 has about 30 more AA titles than the ps3.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: PS3 & 360 AAA titles   PS3 & 360 AAA titles EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 12:39 pm

The AA gap is much wider.

Single A games matter too, but not as much, but 360 has a HUGE gap here.
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: PS3 & 360 AAA titles   PS3 & 360 AAA titles EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 6:44 pm

demondragondude wrote:
Not a chance.

Great speech even though I hate the console war. I think DeathSmiles will be a AA or a AAA. This is the first shmup to be released to the states from CAVE so I expect it to score high.
Back to top Go down
KCalpha
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: PS3 & 360 AAA titles   PS3 & 360 AAA titles EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 5:42 am

Good stuff here. PS3 seems to have the higher rated games.. E3 will be a cracker this year.
Back to top Go down
masterchief1998
Seaman Recruit
masterchief1998

PostSubject: Re: PS3 & 360 AAA titles   PS3 & 360 AAA titles EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 5:49 am

I'm not sure about this, but... Rolling Eyes

These are the Top 10 games from metacritic you can only buy for your Xbox 360.
I didn't include XBLA–games.
Just say if i missed something.

Halo 3 - 94 (It's motherfucking Halo!)
Gears of War 2 - 93 ( Probably the best hardcore TPS ever made.)
Forza Motorsport 3 - 92 ( Racing game sequel!)
Forza Motorsport 2 - 90 ( Racing game sequel!)
Fable 2 - 89 ( Very good fantasy RPG, i like the setting)
Project Gotham Racing 3 - 88 ( Racing game sequel!)
Project Gotham Racing 4 - 85 ( Racing game sequel!)
Dead Rising - 85 ( It's like GTA with zombies lol)
Halo 3: ODST - 83 ( Halo game, nothing on PS3 can match it. Deserves to be AAA-game imo.)
Crackdown - 83 ( This game is so badass. GOW-like character)

Average score: 88,2

These are the Top 10 games from metacritic you can only buy for your PS3.
I didn't include PSN-games.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves – 96 ( It's good i think, but microsoft probably makes "UC-killer" soon.)
LittleBigPlanet – 95 ( It's for kids, like mario.)
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots – 94 ( I want this game, but i'm okay with splinter cells for now)
God of War III – 93 ( This game had fixed camera, right? That's stupid imo)
Killzone 2 – 91 ( Almost as cool as halo, but had poor sales so that means it's poor game after all.)
Demon's Souls – 90 ( Overrated game, i don't like fantasy JRPGs anyway)
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction – 89 ( Gow for kids, but Gow came first.)
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune – 88 ( UC2 had better craphics, so this dissapointed me)
Ninja Gaiden Sigma – 88 ( It's hard game, hate it.)
Heavy Rain – 87 ( Haven't play it. It's like Alan Wake?)

Average score: 91,1

I think PS3 wins a bit in overall quality, but from that list, Killzone 2 is the only game i'm intersted in.
360 has Halo, GoW2, Crackdown and ODST which are all perfectly suited for my taste.
Besides, in that Top10, 360 had FOUR great racing games. PS3 had NONE Cool

360's average score from me: Very good
PS3's average score from me: Shit

lol!
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: PS3 & 360 AAA titles   PS3 & 360 AAA titles EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 6:35 am

igame wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Not a chance.

I'm talking about 2010 here, ill worry about games that are coming out on 2011 when that year comes. I didn't really wanna round em up, if its 89 its gonna stay 89. Demon's Souls is actually 90 now.
I didn't bother with the AA titles, the 360 has way more in that category so its not even a competition, but it doesn't have a hundred more AA titles than ps3 lol i believe the 360 has about 30 more AA titles than the ps3.

Evil or Very Mad
Oops yeah you're right about the AA's lmao
I think it's A's I'm thinking of.
But yeah, well over 100 A's and AA's.

I don't see why you can't mention 2011, it's still getting those titles but okay then..
Back to top Go down
KCalpha
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: PS3 & 360 AAA titles   PS3 & 360 AAA titles EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 7:16 am

masterchief1998 wrote:

Halo 3: ODST - 83 ( Halo game, nothing on PS3 can match it. Deserves to be AAA-game imo.)

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves – 96 ( It's good i think, but microsoft probably makes "UC-killer" soon.)
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots – 94 ( I want this game, but i'm okay with splinter cells for now)
Killzone 2 – 91 ( Almost as cool as halo, but had poor sales so that means it's poor game after all.)
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction – 89 ( Gow for kids, but Gow came first.)
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune – 88 ( UC2 had better craphics, so this dissapointed me)

I think PS3 wins a bit in overall quality, but from that list, Killzone 2 is the only game i'm intersted in.
360 has Halo, GoW2, Crackdown and ODST which are all perfectly suited for my taste.

lol!

Your argument is pointless and can't make judgement on these PS3 games because you've never even played them. Then you say all these Xbox games are untouchable? Surely not if they have a better overall average. Poor argument my friend.
Back to top Go down
masterchief1998
Seaman Recruit
masterchief1998

PostSubject: Re: PS3 & 360 AAA titles   PS3 & 360 AAA titles EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 7:18 am

KCalpha wrote:
Your argument is pointless and can't make judgement on these PS3 games because you've never even played them. Then you say all these Xbox games are untouchable? Surely not if they have a better overall average. Poor argument my friend.
I have played most of them, trust me Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: PS3 & 360 AAA titles   PS3 & 360 AAA titles EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 8:08 am

masterchief1998 wrote:

lol!

Yeah...and if you include the actual games that ps3 can't play but 360 can....

Mass Effect 2 2010 96

Gears of War 2006 94

Halo 3 2007 94

Gears of War 2 2008 93

Forza Motorsport 3 2009 92

Mass Effect 2007 91

Forza Motorsport 2 2007 90
Call of Duty 2 2005 89

Fable II 2008 89

Left 4 Dead 2 2009 89

Average: 91.7

Ouch.
Ps3 loses by 0.6 of a point!!!

Though if you sum all the scores, 360 has like 6 points more.
But let's not include that.
I'll be fair and say that 360 and ps3's games have approximately equal quality. 360 just has more quantity
and more quantity of quality games = more quality overall
lol!
Back to top Go down
masterchief1998
Seaman Recruit
masterchief1998

PostSubject: Re: PS3 & 360 AAA titles   PS3 & 360 AAA titles EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 8:52 am

demondragondude wrote:

PC doesn't exist, those are 360 exclusives!! REALLY!
confused
This forum should stop making 'The Console War' (read: The Gaming Platform Comparison) 360 vs PS3 only. Rolling Eyes
It's sad how you assume gamers (= prosumers) can have one platform only. Consumers are the ones that typically buy one platform and live happy with it, you see.

When you look at it, 360 is actually closed, dated and cheap PC that comes in great quantities . It pretty much has nothing over actual PC as a gaming platform.
Japanese consoles have their own stuff, especially Wii.
They also say that PC + PS3 is the best combo for this generation of gaming.

It really seems like this forum is full of those consumers, btw. Nothing wrong with that, but your threads keep me entertained in very weird way. lol!
Back to top Go down
igame
igame

PostSubject: Re: PS3 & 360 AAA titles   PS3 & 360 AAA titles EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 12:28 pm

demondragondude wrote:
igame wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Not a chance.

Evil or Very Mad

I don't see why you can't mention 2011, it's still getting those titles but okay then..

Yeah but we still have a while before 2011 and i wanted to mainly focus on this year, i mean theres still some good exclusive games coming out this year like Crackdown 2, Halo Reach, Fable 3, Little Big Planet 2, DC Universe Online, and i bet theres still a few that are gonna be announced this E3, so i rather wait some more before i start to worry about games that won't come out till next year.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: PS3 & 360 AAA titles   PS3 & 360 AAA titles EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 12:51 pm

igame wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
igame wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Not a chance.

Evil or Very Mad

Yeah but we still have a while before 2011 and i wanted to mainly focus on this year, i mean theres still some good exclusive games coming out this year like Crackdown 2, Halo Reach, Fable 3, Little Big Planet 2, DC Universe Online, and i bet theres still a few that are gonna be announced this E3, so i rather wait some more before i start to worry about games that won't come out till next year.

Okay, that's fine.

Don't forget The Last Guardian, Monster Hunter Frontier, The Secret World and Agent. Razz
Back to top Go down
igame
igame

PostSubject: Re: PS3 & 360 AAA titles   PS3 & 360 AAA titles EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 12:59 pm

demondragondude wrote:
igame wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
igame wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Not a chance.

Evil or Very Mad

Okay, that's fine.

Don't forget The Last Guardian, Monster Hunter Frontier, The Secret World and Agent. Razz

The Last Guardian and Agent are confirm to come out this year??? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PS3 & 360 AAA titles   PS3 & 360 AAA titles Empty

Back to top Go down

PS3 & 360 AAA titles
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: 360 vs PS3-
Jump to: