This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

THE BEST Iphone/Ipod Touch APP EVER!!! (and its free!)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

THE BEST Iphone/Ipod Touch APP EVER!!! (and its free!) Empty
PostSubject: THE BEST Iphone/Ipod Touch APP EVER!!! (and its free!)   THE BEST Iphone/Ipod Touch APP EVER!!! (and its free!) EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 10:39 am

Okay, this app is free and can be downloaded from the Appstore (no shit!).
THE BEST Iphone/Ipod Touch APP EVER!!! (and its free!) Comixologycomicsapplogo-250x300

It's called Comixology but you can find it by searching for comics. What the app is, is a comic viewer. Okay, you're probably thinking, so what?
And I say, stfu and listen! This is badass!
The reason why it is badass is because there are literally approximately 150 comics for FREE. Did you read that correctly? I said... FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!
THE BEST Iphone/Ipod Touch APP EVER!!! (and its free!) Comixology-comics

And it gets better than that, a lot of these free ones are AWESOME. In fact, thanks to the free comics I've now discovered some new comic series I've never heard of and they've become my favourite! Eg: The Darkness, Kore, Atomic Robo and Wolfman.
And that's just the beginning. You have a wonderful cover flow interface for all the comics you download like this:
THE BEST Iphone/Ipod Touch APP EVER!!! (and its free!) M12comics-youngblood_2_Iphone-532x286
So you can look through your virtual comic collection and then click on one to view it, and then the true magic is the way you interact. You either slide your finger accross the screen or tap one side of it to move to the next part of the comic, and it's great because all the other slides/boxes of the comics cannot be viewed until you are on that part of the comic, and the way it slides from one to the other is very satisfying. The picture quality's also excellent and you can zoom in and out without pixellation (at least, not much).

THE BEST Iphone/Ipod Touch APP EVER!!! (and its free!) Box13_screen

AND if you are willing to buy some comics, there is a nice big store on this app and a lot of the comics are only 59p!
So far I've bought about 17 comics or so from this. The most expensive being 1.19 which isn't a lot. And most of the comics have preview pages and descriptions so you're always sure if you really want to get the comic or not.

This app really has changed the way I travel. I can sit back, listen to music while reading some awesome comics or just admire my collection. It's a must-have for everyone, even if you currently aren't interested in comics that much....you WILL BE.
THE BEST Iphone/Ipod Touch APP EVER!!! (and its free!) DKPT_001_COV_Keown(comiXology)

My Rating: 10/10!!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: THE BEST Iphone/Ipod Touch APP EVER!!! (and its free!)   THE BEST Iphone/Ipod Touch APP EVER!!! (and its free!) EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 10:05 pm

I don't really enjoy reading anything on the iPod Touch cause the screen is just too small. I much prefer reading off a paper print anyway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: THE BEST Iphone/Ipod Touch APP EVER!!! (and its free!)   THE BEST Iphone/Ipod Touch APP EVER!!! (and its free!) EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 10:15 pm

Not bad, especcially how its free. I will give this a download. I love comics Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: THE BEST Iphone/Ipod Touch APP EVER!!! (and its free!)   THE BEST Iphone/Ipod Touch APP EVER!!! (and its free!) EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 3:27 pm

ghost23 wrote:
I don't really enjoy reading anything on the iPod Touch cause the screen is just too small. I much prefer reading off a paper print anyway.

Fair enough, man.
I think it's perfect for journeys and stuff. Plus, unlike real comics you don't stain the pages, tear them or anything like that. Razz They're always in great condition (well...obviously lol).

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Not bad, especcially how its free. I will give this a download. I love comics Very Happy
Yeah! Very Happy That's the spirit. Hehe
COMICS FTW!

What are your favourites? Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: THE BEST Iphone/Ipod Touch APP EVER!!! (and its free!)   THE BEST Iphone/Ipod Touch APP EVER!!! (and its free!) EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 3:33 pm

demondragondude wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
COMICS FTW!

I like a lot of the original super hero ones like the original Spiderman and Batman ones. but I also like the Archy comics even though they are stupid lol
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: THE BEST Iphone/Ipod Touch APP EVER!!! (and its free!)   THE BEST Iphone/Ipod Touch APP EVER!!! (and its free!) EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 6:05 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
COMICS FTW!

I like a lot of the original super hero ones like the original Spiderman and Batman ones. but I also like the Archy comics even though they are stupid lol

Cool! lol I've sort of gone off the older comics. I dunno why, they just don't appeal to me as much anymore.
The strange thing is, I ordered 10 old dc comics off of Ebay recently. >.< I don't know why, I've only read like one of them so far. It's all Batman and Superman. Ah nvm, I'll read em some day XD

But yeah, Darkness & Astounding Wolfman ftw Wink Atomic Robo's cool too. It's stupid, like those Arcy comics you mentioned Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: THE BEST Iphone/Ipod Touch APP EVER!!! (and its free!)   THE BEST Iphone/Ipod Touch APP EVER!!! (and its free!) EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 8:10 pm

demondragondude wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
COMICS FTW!

Cool! lol I've sort of gone off the older comics. I dunno why, they just don't appeal to me as much anymore.
The strange thing is, I ordered 10 old dc comics off of Ebay recently. >.< I don't know why, I've only read like one of them so far. It's all Batman and Superman. Ah nvm, I'll read em some day XD

But yeah, Darkness & Astounding Wolfman ftw Wink Atomic Robo's cool too. It's stupid, like those Arcy comics you mentioned Razz

Haha I will definetely check some of those out
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: THE BEST Iphone/Ipod Touch APP EVER!!! (and its free!)   THE BEST Iphone/Ipod Touch APP EVER!!! (and its free!) EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 3:11 am

demondragondude wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

Fair enough, man.
I think it's perfect for journeys and stuff. Plus, unlike real comics you don't stain the pages, tear them or anything like that. Razz They're always in great condition (well...obviously lol).

Well you could argue the other way and say that during journey's, what happens if your battery dies?
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: THE BEST Iphone/Ipod Touch APP EVER!!! (and its free!)   THE BEST Iphone/Ipod Touch APP EVER!!! (and its free!) EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 12:04 pm

ghost23 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

Fair enough, man.

Well you could argue the other way and say that during journey's, what happens if your battery dies?

lol Razz

Exactly. Comics don't drain the battery as much as games.

Listening to music on ipod touch makes it last 35 hours.
If reading comics at the same time, that wouldn't shorten it to any less than 15 hours.
That's not bad really.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: THE BEST Iphone/Ipod Touch APP EVER!!! (and its free!)   THE BEST Iphone/Ipod Touch APP EVER!!! (and its free!) EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 12:19 pm

ghost23 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

Fair enough, man.

Well if your in a car then you could just plug it into the cars power to charge it, assuming you have a car charger (which are very cheap to buy). And with the ipod you can store a buttload of comics on there and not take up any space actually in the car or plane, ect.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: THE BEST Iphone/Ipod Touch APP EVER!!! (and its free!)   THE BEST Iphone/Ipod Touch APP EVER!!! (and its free!) EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 12:25 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

Fair enough, man.

Well if your in a car then you could just plug it into the cars power to charge it, assuming you have a car charger (which are very cheap to buy). And with the ipod you can store a buttload of comics on there and not take up any space actually in the car or plane, ect.

EXACTLY!

I have 32gb of space on my ipod, i have 140 comics and it takes a bit over 1gb!

Btw man, do you have a jailbroken ipod? If so, you should also check out: " ishred "
It's amazing, especially if you're into guitar playing Razz

It's so good that it's the first app that I actually bought XD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: THE BEST Iphone/Ipod Touch APP EVER!!! (and its free!)   THE BEST Iphone/Ipod Touch APP EVER!!! (and its free!) EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 12:29 pm

demondragondude wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

Fair enough, man.

EXACTLY!

Btw man, do you have a jailbroken ipod? If so, you should also check out: " ishred "

Nah, I didn't jail break mine. I was going to but, since I got my ipod for free and its just an 8GB, I am using all my space for music. Since I have around 30GB of music on my computer HDD, I really need to pick and choose what music goes on there. I have barely any space for apps or anything, just apps like Facebook, Ebay, ect.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: THE BEST Iphone/Ipod Touch APP EVER!!! (and its free!)   THE BEST Iphone/Ipod Touch APP EVER!!! (and its free!) EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 12:31 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

Fair enough, man.

EXACTLY!

Nah, I didn't jail break mine. I was going to but, since I got my ipod for free and its just an 8GB, I am using all my space for music. Since I have around 30GB of music on my computer HDD, I really need to pick and choose what music goes on there. I have barely any space for apps or anything, just apps like Facebook, Ebay, ect.

Free Ipod?! Dayum! lol
That's okay then man, don't worry bout it Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: THE BEST Iphone/Ipod Touch APP EVER!!! (and its free!)   THE BEST Iphone/Ipod Touch APP EVER!!! (and its free!) EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 12:33 pm

demondragondude wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

Fair enough, man.

EXACTLY!

Free Ipod?! Dayum! lol

Haha yeah, a good buddy of mine won a 16GB online so he gave me his 8GB Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: THE BEST Iphone/Ipod Touch APP EVER!!! (and its free!)   THE BEST Iphone/Ipod Touch APP EVER!!! (and its free!) EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 12:39 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

Fair enough, man.

EXACTLY!

Free Ipod?! Dayum! lol

Haha yeah, a good buddy of mine won a 16GB online so he gave me his 8GB Very Happy

Awesome! Lucky him & lucky you. afro
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: THE BEST Iphone/Ipod Touch APP EVER!!! (and its free!)   THE BEST Iphone/Ipod Touch APP EVER!!! (and its free!) EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 12:44 pm

demondragondude wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

Fair enough, man.

EXACTLY!

Free Ipod?! Dayum! lol

Awesome! Lucky him & lucky you. afro

Haha yeah. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE BEST Iphone/Ipod Touch APP EVER!!! (and its free!)   THE BEST Iphone/Ipod Touch APP EVER!!! (and its free!) Empty

Back to top Go down

THE BEST Iphone/Ipod Touch APP EVER!!! (and its free!)
Page 1 of 1