This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Why I'm skeptical about Natal

Go down 
+8
Frank2368
Alan1994
masterking
Madtoker
DarkSwarm85
arnt god of war
ghost23
TheJester
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TheJester
Seaman
Seaman

Why I'm skeptical about Natal Empty
PostSubject: Why I'm skeptical about Natal   Why I'm skeptical about Natal EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 3:45 am

http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/29699

I hope they show better things at E3, lol...
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm skeptical about Natal   Why I'm skeptical about Natal EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 4:56 am

Well this demo is a year old and obviously the tech wasn't at the stage where they were able to support 4 player with one camera. A lot can change in a year. That's why I ask everyone to reserve judgment of Natal until after E3.
Back to top Go down
TheJester
Seaman
Seaman

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm skeptical about Natal   Why I'm skeptical about Natal EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 5:03 am

Yeah. I'm not holding judgement until then. I could care less about what I look like while playing. But there was recently a video uploaded that had me laughing my ass off because the woman's show definitely did NOT turn out as she planned, lol.

http://video.allthingsd.com/video/d8-tech-demo-microsoft-project-natal/371153EA-45C8-4505-92A0-D4E68%20FAFD320

The old people in it had me cracking up the whole time. Too bad for the woman, though. My main concern with Natal, though, is the amount of room you need to actually play it. Even in this video, you can see that it gets a bit buggy when multiple people are too close.
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm skeptical about Natal   Why I'm skeptical about Natal EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 5:12 am

TheJester wrote:
http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/29699

I hope they show better things at E3, lol...
maybe but motion comtrols suck in general.
Back to top Go down
DarkSwarm85
Master Chief Petty Officer
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm skeptical about Natal   Why I'm skeptical about Natal EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 5:15 am

Disturbing.
Back to top Go down
TheJester
Seaman
Seaman

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm skeptical about Natal   Why I'm skeptical about Natal EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 5:17 am

Well, it is, of course, a gimmick. But they have potential. With how fast technology advances, motion controls will most likely eventually be standard.
Back to top Go down
Madtoker
Madtoker

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm skeptical about Natal   Why I'm skeptical about Natal EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 11:55 am

lol are they on crack?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm skeptical about Natal   Why I'm skeptical about Natal EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 1:18 pm

Motion controls suck in general. Controllers FTW
Back to top Go down
masterking
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
masterking

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm skeptical about Natal   Why I'm skeptical about Natal EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 5:06 pm

motion sucks now, and i think natal will be overpriced and have no games for real gamers.

but move may make rts game possible on consule so that may be fun. i guss ill have to wait to play it at e3!!
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm skeptical about Natal   Why I'm skeptical about Natal EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 5:08 pm

masterking wrote:
motion sucks now, and i think natal will be overpriced and have no games for real gamers.

but move may make rts game possible on consule so that may be fun. i guss ill have to wait to play it at e3!!
no
Back to top Go down
TheJester
Seaman
Seaman

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm skeptical about Natal   Why I'm skeptical about Natal EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 5:13 pm

arnt god of war wrote:
masterking wrote:

no

Because opinions can't exist >_>
Back to top Go down
masterking
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
masterking

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm skeptical about Natal   Why I'm skeptical about Natal EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 5:15 pm

arnt god of war wrote:
masterking wrote:

no

NO im a fanboy that cant happen no, NO NO NO NO NO no opinnions LOL FAIL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm skeptical about Natal   Why I'm skeptical about Natal EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 5:34 pm

TheJester wrote:
arnt god of war wrote:
masterking wrote:

no

Because opinions can't exist >_>

WHAT ARE YOU THINKING! YOU CANT HAVE AN OPINION! SOME ONE CALL TTSUF! WE NEED THE OPINION POLICE!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm skeptical about Natal   Why I'm skeptical about Natal EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 5:35 pm

masterking wrote:

I think Move will do better than Natal also, but just think how sweet games like Oblivian would be, with an awesome combat system using move.
Back to top Go down
masterking
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
masterking

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm skeptical about Natal   Why I'm skeptical about Natal EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 5:46 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
masterking wrote:

I think Move will do better than Natal also, but just think how sweet games like Oblivian would be, with an awesome combat system using move.

ya, therre could be alot of great games for it.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm skeptical about Natal   Why I'm skeptical about Natal EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 2:03 pm

TheJester wrote:
Well, it is, of course, a gimmick. But they have potential. With how fast technology advances, motion controls will most likely eventually be standard.

No, just no.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm skeptical about Natal   Why I'm skeptical about Natal EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 2:34 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
TheJester wrote:

No, just no.

I agree, no. Virtual reality will Very Happy just think, it puts you in the game!! God that would be sweet.
Back to top Go down
Frank2368
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Frank2368

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm skeptical about Natal   Why I'm skeptical about Natal EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 4:44 pm

All three suck. Natal is just the best out of the three, and yet it still is pathetic.
Motion control is not suited for gaming, move on, people.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm skeptical about Natal   Why I'm skeptical about Natal EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 4:54 pm

Frank2368 wrote:
All three suck. Natal is just the best out of the three, and yet it still is pathetic.

I disagree.

Motion controller is a very great thing for video games.But that doesnt mean it is made for hardcore gamers.I own a wii and played it for 2 years and I know Motion controlelr is awesome.

I mean,what else would motion controlelr be suited for?Movies?Impossible
Back to top Go down
Frank2368
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Frank2368

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm skeptical about Natal   Why I'm skeptical about Natal EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 6:07 pm

HellJumper wrote:
Frank2368 wrote:

I disagree.

Motion controller is a very great thing for video games.But that doesnt mean it is made for hardcore gamers.I own a wii and played it for 2 years and I know Motion controlelr is awesome.

Motion control is a gimmick.
Back to top Go down
masterking
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
masterking

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm skeptical about Natal   Why I'm skeptical about Natal EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 9:38 pm

Frank2368 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
Frank2368 wrote:

I disagree.

in turms of wii and natal yes a gimmick Smile
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm skeptical about Natal   Why I'm skeptical about Natal EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 10:11 pm

Frank2368 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
Frank2368 wrote:

I disagree.

But its a awesome gimmick that has turned more people into gamers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm skeptical about Natal   Why I'm skeptical about Natal EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 11:22 pm

HellJumper wrote:
Frank2368 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
Frank2368 wrote:

I disagree.

I agree with that it turns a lot of non gamers on to gaming.
Back to top Go down
masterking
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
masterking

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm skeptical about Natal   Why I'm skeptical about Natal EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 12:35 am

HellJumper wrote:
Frank2368 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
Frank2368 wrote:

I disagree.

ya, but it also tured alot of people off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm skeptical about Natal   Why I'm skeptical about Natal EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 8:06 am

masterking wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
Frank2368 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
Frank2368 wrote:

I disagree.

ya, but it also tured alot of people off.

Not really, it either just turned them off to casual games but they still played the games they like.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why I'm skeptical about Natal   Why I'm skeptical about Natal Empty

Back to top Go down

Why I'm skeptical about Natal
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: Kinect-
Jump to: