This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Halo: Reach impression

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ZeInFormer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

Halo: Reach impression Empty
PostSubject: Halo: Reach impression   Halo: Reach impression EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 6:17 pm

To be truthfully honest, I thought it was okay. The space combat was interesting though, but man I felt like the firefight was too unbalanced. I mean 4 spartans vs like 1 Elite and then 2 Elites? Come on Bungie, throw in some grunts and skirmishers. Hopefully on Legendary, there will be more enemies to fight because their engine is supposed to be able to make the battles more intense and bigger.

Now for some not related news: I was also interested in Gears 3 and it looks awesome. The Berserker looks amazing, although I f**king hated her in the first game. I find it quite weird that the new Lancer has recoil now...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Reach impression   Halo: Reach impression EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 6:49 pm

The Lancer always had recoil, it will just have...more..
Back to top Go down
ZeInFormer

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Reach impression   Halo: Reach impression EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 6:54 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
True, true. The crosshair is what I meant or I dunno spreading out the crosshair does mean recoil, but I know it means it makes the weapons more inaccurate.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Reach impression   Halo: Reach impression EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 6:59 pm

It was fucking awesome.

First of all,it was pretty damn action packed.Look in the sky.You fight I think 3 elites,5 jackals,A few grunts and a ghost.And thats only for the first part.How many enemy's do you evne want in a 2 min demo?Dont expect the entire game to be in it...

Space combat was epic.Flying the Sabre looks so cool.Not to mention the space battle was action packed.You even see a UNSC Cruiser attacking a Covenant Corvette
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Reach impression   Halo: Reach impression EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 9:21 pm

ZeInFormer wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
True, true. The crosshair is what I meant or I dunno spreading out the crosshair does mean recoil, but I know it means it makes the weapons more inaccurate.

Yeah. I think that is kind of stupid.
Back to top Go down
ZeInFormer

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Reach impression   Halo: Reach impression EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 9:50 pm

HellJumper wrote:
It was fucking awesome.

First of all,it was pretty damn action packed.Look in the sky.You fight I think 3 elites,5 jackals,A few grunts and a ghost.And thats only for the first part.How many enemy's do you evne want in a 2 min demo?Dont expect the entire game to be in it...

Space combat was epic.Flying the Sabre looks so cool.Not to mention the space battle was action packed.You even see a UNSC Cruiser attacking a Covenant Corvette
I will agree you on the sky is nice for the background, but that deosn't make the game action-packed for me. Also you fight like 3 elites and then you have a little break and then you fight those 5 jackals + grunts. I was hoping for more like 3 elites already with 5 or more grunts + 6 skirmishers all in one battle and after that reinforcement: 6 elites from the sky and then you fight those 5 fight jacks + grunts. I would probably add more Elites like 5 Elites with 12 Grunts or something. The sky battle looks nice, but they didn't show too much of it, but I'm sure it'll be awesome. Anyways, it's only a partial of the game and Bungie could probably add more when I play it on Legendary since Legendary usually does change the gameplay a bit.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Reach impression   Halo: Reach impression EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 12:19 am

the lack of elites was perhaps part of the demo so they dont die

X Cellence 4 Life.
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Reach impression   Halo: Reach impression EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 6:13 am

ZeInFormer wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
It was fucking awesome.

I will agree you on the sky is nice for the background, but that deosn't make the game action-packed for me. Also you fight like 3 elites and then you have a little break and then you fight those 5 jackals + grunts. I was hoping for more like 3 elites already with 5 or more grunts + 6 skirmishers all in one battle and after that reinforcement: 6 elites from the sky and then you fight those 5 fight jacks + grunts. I would probably add more Elites like 5 Elites with 12 Grunts or something. The sky battle looks nice, but they didn't show too much of it, but I'm sure it'll be awesome. Anyways, it's only a partial of the game and Bungie could probably add more when I play it on Legendary since Legendary usually does change the gameplay a bit.

Dude,the guy was 1 health bar away from dying fighting the enemies he did......

But even when you enter the base,you see troopers running towards the entrance.Hell,you even seen a marine get trown against a wall,but then you awesomely assasinate the elite who did it.

Point is,its only a short demo.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Reach impression   Halo: Reach impression EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 6:31 am

It's stupid to judge the game on a short 5 minute demo. If Bungie says that they will put 20 AI against 4 Spartans, they obviously have the tech to support it and will definitely put it in there.
Back to top Go down
ZeInFormer

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Reach impression   Halo: Reach impression EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 5:10 pm

HellJumper wrote:
ZeInFormer wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
It was fucking awesome.

Dude,the guy was 1 health bar away from dying fighting the enemies he did......

But even when you enter the base,you see troopers running towards the entrance.Hell,you even seen a marine get trown against a wall,but then you awesomely assasinate the elite who did it.

Point is,its only a short demo.
Yeah, I know it's a demo, but man I've been waiting for this so I was hoping for Bungie to give us something big. Oh well, atleast the space battle was surprising enough.
Back to top Go down
Madtoker
Master Chief Petty Officer
Madtoker

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Reach impression   Halo: Reach impression EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 11:48 am

i wanna do 39 elites on 1 spartan LOL that would be the best evarrrrrr
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Reach impression   Halo: Reach impression EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 12:56 pm

did you hear halo reach has firefight and you can customise waves and skulls shhhh dont tell anyone its a secret
Back to top Go down
Madtoker
Madtoker

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Reach impression   Halo: Reach impression EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 2:39 pm

ghost23 wrote:
It's stupid to judge the game on a short 5 minute demo. If Bungie says that they will put 20 AI against 4 Spartans, they obviously have the tech to support it and will definitely put it in there.
so i guess ur saying demos are useless?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Reach impression   Halo: Reach impression Empty

Back to top Go down

Halo: Reach impression
Page 1 of 1