This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Best assault rifle in any game?

Go down 
+3
ghost23
Superchicken
Arbiteris
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Best assault rifle in any game? Empty
PostSubject: Best assault rifle in any game?   Best assault rifle in any game? EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 6:52 pm

I would have to say the Lancer from the Gears of War series. Because it is just fucking awesome, and it has a chainsaw!
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Best assault rifle in any game?   Best assault rifle in any game? EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 7:03 pm

Halo assault Rifle(Halo Reach one,and I forget its name)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best assault rifle in any game?   Best assault rifle in any game? EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 9:31 pm

HellJumper wrote:

Honestly? There are no iron sights on it!
Back to top Go down
Superchicken

PostSubject: Re: Best assault rifle in any game?   Best assault rifle in any game? EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 9:48 pm

Either the M4A1 or AK-47 on Counter-Strike.

Favorite rifle in general is the German Kar98 for sure! Mainly the one in the first two CoDs and the one in Day of Defeat (and Source, ofc)
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Best assault rifle in any game?   Best assault rifle in any game? EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 6:20 am

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:

And?it looks awesome and still shoots awesome(though it is a bit underpowered in the Reach Beta)
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Best assault rifle in any game?   Best assault rifle in any game? EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 6:33 am

Yeah the detail on the Halo Reach AR make it look so amazing.
Back to top Go down
Lt Xplosi
Lt Xplosi

PostSubject: Re: Best assault rifle in any game?   Best assault rifle in any game? EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 6:59 am

HellJumper wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:

And?it looks awesome and still shoots awesome(though it is a bit underpowered in the Reach Beta)
underpowered really....
in halo 3 if a guy with a BR and a guy with AR the BR almost always win
but in reach it is the opposite it is OP in my opinion
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best assault rifle in any game?   Best assault rifle in any game? EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 1:23 pm

HellJumper wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:

Imagine if you were holding the gun right now and you had to shoot a guy 30 yards away. You just spray and hope to hit him?
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Best assault rifle in any game?   Best assault rifle in any game? EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 1:27 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:

Imagine if you were holding the gun right now and you had to shoot a guy 30 yards away. You just spray and hope to hit him?

Actually,if you hold down the trigger it will spray.If you shoot in spurts,then it can get alot of hits.The longer you hold the trigger the more it sprays.I know this through experience

Besides,the assaul rifle isnt meant for 30 yards.The DMR or Battle Rifle is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best assault rifle in any game?   Best assault rifle in any game? EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 1:37 pm

HellJumper wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:

Actually,if you hold down the trigger it will spray.If you shoot in spurts,then it can get alot of hits.The longer you hold the trigger the more it sprays.I know this through experience

In combat, soldiers dont just spray to hit people. They aim, down the sites, which the AR doesnt have.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Best assault rifle in any game?   Best assault rifle in any game? EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 2:09 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:

In combat, soldiers dont just spray to hit people. They aim, down the sites, which the AR doesnt have.

Depends on what combat situations.If the battle is close up the assault rifle would kill fast.And a good soldier wouldnt need any sites.It really wouldnt take rocket science to shoot a assault rifle at an enemy.
Back to top Go down
ZeInFormer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Best assault rifle in any game?   Best assault rifle in any game? EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 5:13 pm

Lancer (Gears of War) or the Bullseye (Resistance: Fall of Man). Lancer is awesome no doubt, and it's basically a versatile weapon. Love the chainsaw bayonet too. Bullseye is more of a close-range weapon, but it can also be used as a mid-range weapon if you're good at tagging people. I love how you can tag people and it basically locks-on your enemies. Not only that, it has 70 bullets and it reloads in just about 1 second. It's a lethal weapon man.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best assault rifle in any game?   Best assault rifle in any game? EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 5:23 pm

ZeInFormer wrote:
Lancer (Gears of War) or the Bullseye (Resistance: Fall of Man). Lancer is awesome no doubt, and it's basically a versatile weapon. Love the chainsaw bayonet too. Bullseye is more of a close-range weapon, but it can also be used as a mid-range weapon if you're good at tagging people. I love how you can tag people and it basically locks-on your enemies. Not only that, it has 70 bullets and it reloads in just about 1 second. It's a lethal weapon man.

Agreed, Bullseye is only second to the Lancer in my opinion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best assault rifle in any game?   Best assault rifle in any game? EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 5:24 pm

HellJumper wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:

Depends on what combat situations.If the battle is close up the assault rifle would kill fast.And a good soldier wouldnt need any sites.It really wouldnt take rocket science to shoot a assault rifle at an enemy.

In close quarters it is a deadly weapon but all around it isnt that good.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Best assault rifle in any game?   Best assault rifle in any game? EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 5:34 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:

Debatable.It would be like saying the shotgun isnt a good weapon because it can only kill in short range
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best assault rifle in any game?   Best assault rifle in any game? EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 5:39 pm

HellJumper wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:

Debatable.It would be like saying the shotgun isnt a good weapon because it can only kill in short range

Well shotguns are built as short range, assualt rifles are made for short to mid range. And the AR is a short range only weapon.
Back to top Go down
ZeInFormer

PostSubject: Re: Best assault rifle in any game?   Best assault rifle in any game? EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 10:15 pm

^No, the AR can be used at mid-range, but it's not a mid-range weapon. You could burst shot it for better accuracy, it's good for kind of taking ticking players off, but then again, if you want to kill with the AR, you need to get up close. Also, it makes you a smarter player since most new players will full auto and it's going to shoot everywhere and it won't have enough bullets to get em the kill. Sometimes, a grenade at mid-range + AR can get you a mid-range kill. However, the AR i only use it to get kills at close range. Mid-range kills are usually the pistol, DMR, Needler Rifle, you know.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best assault rifle in any game?   Best assault rifle in any game? EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 11:16 pm

ZeInFormer wrote:
^No, the AR can be used at mid-range, but it's not a mid-range weapon. You could burst shot it for better accuracy, it's good for kind of taking ticking players off, but then again, if you want to kill with the AR, you need to get up close. Also, it makes you a smarter player since most new players will full auto and it's going to shoot everywhere and it won't have enough bullets to get em the kill. Sometimes, a grenade at mid-range + AR can get you a mid-range kill. However, the AR i only use it to get kills at close range. Mid-range kills are usually the pistol, DMR, Needler Rifle, you know.

I am saying if you were holding the gun in real life. Then it wouldnt be so good cause you dont have a reticule, let alone IRON SIGHTS!
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Best assault rifle in any game?   Best assault rifle in any game? EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 8:06 am

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
ZeInFormer wrote:

I am saying if you were holding the gun in real life. Then it wouldnt be so good cause you dont have a reticule, let alone IRON SIGHTS!

You do know how many bullets it shoots in a few second right?If you were under fire from it in mid range,even if it sprays,you still would have LOTS of bullets coming towards you direction.So if you dont take cover.I bet you that a few of them will hit the guy.

Like I said,it doesnt take rocket science to shoot an assault rifle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best assault rifle in any game?   Best assault rifle in any game? EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 1:27 pm

HellJumper wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
ZeInFormer wrote:

You do know how many bullets it shoots in a few second right?If you were under fire from it in mid range,even if it sprays,you still would have LOTS of bullets coming towards you direction.So if you dont take cover.I bet you that a few of them will hit the guy.

Answer this one question, how would you aim with it?
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Best assault rifle in any game?   Best assault rifle in any game? EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 2:52 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
ZeInFormer wrote:

Hold it up to your head(like how they look through the sights).once again,it wouldnt take rocket science.

And the assault rifle isnt meant for aiming.It aint like MW assault rifle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best assault rifle in any game?   Best assault rifle in any game? EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 3:57 pm

HellJumper wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
ZeInFormer wrote:

Hold it up to your head(like how they look through the sights).once again,it wouldnt take rocket science.

There are no sights, so you cant tell exactly where you are aiming, so you arent going to be as accurate.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Best assault rifle in any game?   Best assault rifle in any game? EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 4:54 pm

Laptop gun in Perfect Dark

Deployable sentry and good accuracy, power and fire-rate.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
xjosh360s
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
xjosh360s

PostSubject: Re: Best assault rifle in any game?   Best assault rifle in any game? EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 11:50 pm

lancer on gears of war i would go to the army if i can really use one of those
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Best assault rifle in any game?   Best assault rifle in any game? EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 8:52 am

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
ZeInFormer wrote:

There are no sights, so you cant tell exactly where you are aiming, so you arent going to be as accurate.

Not as accruate.But if you really know how to shoot a gun,then you should know where your shooting.In the edn,The Halo Assault Rifle is pretty good.I bet you if it went against any assault rifle from COD,it would win
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best assault rifle in any game?   Best assault rifle in any game? Empty

Back to top Go down

Best assault rifle in any game?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next