This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sony E3 conference the OFFICIAL thread

Go down 
+19
Static103
Xmarksthespot
DarkSwarm85
Invincible
Doominator99
arnt god of war
ghost23
Ozsem
solidstudios
atari_g33k
am203
lightlamp
optimusprime
Alan1994
Arbiteris
Gibbon_Master
Stoney
Stigma
Blixtstorm
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

Sony E3 conference the OFFICIAL thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sony E3 conference the OFFICIAL thread   Sony E3 conference the OFFICIAL thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 6:30 am

BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
PhunkGamer wrote:
Why are we still talking about this? We all know the PS3's conference is better.
Than Microsoft's? Yes.

1. Nintendo
2. EA
3. Sony
4. Ubisoft
5. Konami
6. Microsoft

But at the moment we're discussing Portal 2.

?
Did you see the one mirrion twoops? Guess not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sony E3 conference the OFFICIAL thread   Sony E3 conference the OFFICIAL thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 7:37 am

TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
PhunkGamer wrote:
Why are we still talking about this? We all know the PS3's conference is better.
Than Microsoft's? Yes.

1. Nintendo
2. EA
3. Sony
4. Ubisoft
5. Konami
6. Microsoft

?
Did you see the one mirrion twoops? Guess not.

True. That bumps it above MS's.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Sony E3 conference the OFFICIAL thread   Sony E3 conference the OFFICIAL thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 8:42 am

I'm not 100% sure what Steamworks is, so I googled it and this was in the top search results

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steamworks

What.The.Fuck O__o
Back to top Go down
lightlamp
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
lightlamp

PostSubject: Re: Sony E3 conference the OFFICIAL thread   Sony E3 conference the OFFICIAL thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 9:29 am

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
I'm not 100% sure what Steamworks is, so I googled it and this was in the top search results

What.The.Fuck O__o
So PS3 owners get a gay sauna club with their copy of portal 2? im jealous
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Sony E3 conference the OFFICIAL thread   Sony E3 conference the OFFICIAL thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 3:32 pm

lightlamp2 wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:

What.The.Fuck O__o
BE JEALOUS.

Nah, it's actually a platform through which developers can supply updates and patches for their games. So now, developers can use Steamworks to patch the PS3 versions of games as they would the PC version.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Sony E3 conference the OFFICIAL thread   Sony E3 conference the OFFICIAL thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 3:45 pm

TRF wrote:
lightlamp2 wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:

What.The.Fuck O__o
BE JEALOUS.

Nah, it's actually a platform through which developers can supply updates and patches for their games. So now, developers can use Steamworks to patch the PS3 versions of games as they would the PC version.

And if they want to do the same they on the X360 they have to pay Microsoft?
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Sony E3 conference the OFFICIAL thread   Sony E3 conference the OFFICIAL thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 4:25 pm

TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
toxin666 wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
You actually believe that the PS3 will be the "best version". Hell no, it's going to be the PC version. And if we are lucky the X360 and PS3 versions will be identical. But it will most likely still be the PS3 version that gets the short end of the stick.
Gabe specifically said the PS3 would be the best console to play Portal 2. That means out of the 360 and the PS3 versions of Portal 2, the PS3 version is superior.

Quit living in denial. If the man making the damn game says the PS3 version will be better, then the PS3 version will be better.

Wow, I know this is a late reply. But don't be a ass. Many game developers say shit that ends up being the complete opposite Rolling Eyes. How about we wait till we see some gameplay before you start insulting my reading skills jackass.
PS3 is getting Steamworks so the PS3 version will get all of the updates that the PC version will get. That will probably make the PS3 version better than the 360.

It's a nightmare to update Xbox 360 games for free that are only on X360/PC. But if Valve gives PS3 free DLC, Microsoft will offer the DLC for free. Same goes for updates. Hence why L4D DLC is paid for X360 and free for PC.

I'm just saying though, wait till you see some gameplay before judging the versions of the game. Considering Valve's history with PS3 ports, especially Half Life 2, I wouldn't be optimistic about it.

Last edited by Alan1994 on Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Sony E3 conference the OFFICIAL thread   Sony E3 conference the OFFICIAL thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 4:31 pm

TRF wrote:
PhunkGamer wrote:
Than Microsoft's? Yes.

1. Nintendo
2. EA
3. Sony
4. Ubisoft
5. Konami
6. Microsoft

I'm sorry but I have to disagree. Microsoft's conference and Sony's conference were equally bad IMO. Hell, EVERYONE did better than Sony and MS. Microsoft and Sony's conference were filled with a bunch of motion control crap and hardly any game announcements/game showings. Sony didn't even show/announce Resistance 3 at E3 which was what pretty much half of the people who attended their conference were waiting for.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sony E3 conference the OFFICIAL thread   Sony E3 conference the OFFICIAL thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 4:37 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:
PhunkGamer wrote:
Than Microsoft's? Yes.

1. Nintendo
2. EA
3. Sony
4. Ubisoft
5. Konami
6. Microsoft

I'm sorry but I have to disagree. Microsoft's conference and Sony's conference were equally bad IMO. Hell, EVERYONE did better than Sony and MS. Microsoft and Sony's conference were filled with a bunch of motion control crap and hardly any game announcements/game showings. Sony didn't even show/announce Resistance 3 at E3 which was what pretty much half of the people who attended their conference were waiting for.

I agree. Sony's should be lower in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Sony E3 conference the OFFICIAL thread   Sony E3 conference the OFFICIAL thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 5:03 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
It's a nightmare to update Xbox 360 games for free that are only on X360/PC. But if Valve gives PS3 free DLC, Microsoft will offer the DLC for free. Same goes for updates. Hence why L4D DLC is paid for X360 and free for PC.

I'm just saying though, wait till you see some gameplay before judging the versions of the game. Considering Valve's history with PS3 ports, especially Half Life 2, I wouldn't be optimistic about it.
Didn't Valve let another EA studio port The Orange Box to the PS3? I'm pretty sure they're doing Portal 2 themselves. Besides, they wouldn't talk about being wrong about the PS3 and they wouldn't set up Steamworks on the PS3 if they were planning on letting someone else port it or doing a half-assed job themselves.

Alan1994 wrote:
I thought Sony handled themselves very well on stage, even if their conference was lacking announcements. Microsoft's presenters just humiliated themselves on stage when they tried to use Kinect and it hardly worked. Sony's tech worked for the most part, with there being only slight lag in the Tiger Woods game.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Sony E3 conference the OFFICIAL thread   Sony E3 conference the OFFICIAL thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 5:11 pm

TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

Didn't Valve let another EA studio port The Orange Box to the PS3? I'm pretty sure they're doing Portal 2 themselves. Besides, they wouldn't talk about being wrong about the PS3 and they wouldn't set up Steamworks on the PS3 if they were planning on letting someone else port it or doing a half-assed job themselves.

Alan1994 wrote:
I thought Sony handled themselves very well on stage, even if their conference was lacking announcements. Microsoft's presenters just humiliated themselves on stage when they tried to use Kinect and it hardly worked. Sony's tech worked for the most part, with there being only slight lag in the Tiger Woods game.

Motion control gaming= directed toward casuals. Wii- Some of them work well with motion controls, some don't, but most of them are for casuals. So we can both come up with the conclusion- BOTH MS AND SONY HAD MOSTLY CASUAL CRAP ON STAGE. With SOME hardcore games like KZ3 and Gears 3.

Now that's out of the way, as for Valve....Yea I'm not saying that Portal 2 will be bad on the PS3, in a matter of fact that would kind of be ironic. But they haven't really stated why they think the PS3 version will be the best. People just kind of assume things that aren't necessarily true. Again, Valve saying PS3 is worth developing =/= X360 being inferior. Not even close.

EDIT:

Errr, I think I'm getting off topic. This is more of a console war type discussion? I'm sorry I have a bad tendency to do that.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Sony E3 conference the OFFICIAL thread   Sony E3 conference the OFFICIAL thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 6:01 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

Alan1994 wrote:

Motion control gaming= directed toward casuals. Wii- Some of them work well with motion controls, some don't, but most of them are for casuals. So we can both come up with the conclusion- BOTH MS AND SONY HAD MOSTLY CASUAL CRAP ON STAGE. With SOME hardcore games like KZ3 and Gears 3.

Now that's out of the way, as for Valve....Yea I'm not saying that Portal 2 will be bad on the PS3, in a matter of fact that would kind of be ironic. But they haven't really stated why they think the PS3 version will be the best. People just kind of assume things that aren't necessarily true. Again, Valve saying PS3 is worth developing =/= X360 being inferior. Not even close.

EDIT:

Errr, I think I'm getting off topic. This is more of a console war type discussion? I'm sorry I have a bad tendency to do that.
Well Sony did show off some hardcore Move titles. They showed off Tiger Woods, as well as Sorcery, and announced Heroes on the Move. Yeah, their show wasn't full of announcements, but I still thought it was good because it was entertaining and energetic. Sony, by far, had the most entertaining conference out of all of them, even though Nintendo's was the best overall.

Unless the 360 gets Steamworks, the PS3 version will most likely be superior in that even if it has more flaws at launch, more flaws will be fixed.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Sony E3 conference the OFFICIAL thread   Sony E3 conference the OFFICIAL thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 6:11 pm

TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

Alan1994 wrote:

EDIT:

Well Sony did show off some hardcore Move titles. They showed off Tiger Woods, as well as Sorcery, and announced Heroes on the Move. Yeah, their show wasn't full of announcements, but I still thought it was good because it was entertaining and energetic. Sony, by far, had the most entertaining conference out of all of them, even though Nintendo's was the best overall.

Unless the 360 gets Steamworks, the PS3 version will most likely be superior in that even if it has more flaws at launch, more flaws will be fixed.

They can still supply updates to the X360. And Valve is actually the only one I've seen that actually complained about XBL's patching system. Gears 2 proved that ALOT of things can be fixed with the current patch system. But like I said before, if Microsoft has the ability to prevent the PS3 version from being the better of the 2, they will allow their updates. It's just common sense and a practical business move. Besides, if the game has a ton of bugs when it comes out then it probably should have needed more development time on Valve's end don't ya think?

Yea they had a couple hardcore games with move support, still not impressed about it and it's definanetly nothing we haven't seen before from the Wii. Kinect also had Forza with Kinect support, still though for most of the conference (for both Sony and MS) I felt like they spent to much time with Casual motion control crap. The best thing about Sony's conference was KB.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Sony E3 conference the OFFICIAL thread   Sony E3 conference the OFFICIAL thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 6:21 pm

TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

Alan1994 wrote:

EDIT:

actually,one of the cons people talked about sony conference was that sony's conference was too long and boring.The content they showecd was great and all,but the show itself was boring.The only really entertaining part was Kevin Butler.

Content was good,show itself wasnt that great.too many fucking ads.
Back to top Go down
Teckno
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Sony E3 conference the OFFICIAL thread   Sony E3 conference the OFFICIAL thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 3:19 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

Alan1994 wrote:

EDIT:

actually,one of the cons people talked about sony conference was that sony's conference was too long and boring.The content they showecd was great and all,but the show itself was boring.The only really entertaining part was Kevin Butler.

Content was good,show itself wasnt that great.too many fucking ads.
Ehh, whats gonna matter in the end anyways.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sony E3 conference the OFFICIAL thread   Sony E3 conference the OFFICIAL thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sony E3 conference the OFFICIAL thread
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3