This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How Does The 360 Slim Hardware Compare to Ps3 Slim?

Go down 
+30
NarrowElf
Pein
evidentsam441
xbox_no_noobs
TRF
Doominator99
HALO_REACHAROUND
Teckno
Yusuke Urameshi
MasterInArms
DarK
7th
PubertyRocks
Mindkiller
Goosezorz
Master Chief
Frank2368
Madtoker
Kendo
am203
Xboxroxmysox
ghost23
zinc
Invincible
Stigma
Alan1994
GeneralMLD
andes755
DemonWolf
34 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

How Does The 360 Slim Hardware Compare to Ps3 Slim? Empty
PostSubject: How Does The 360 Slim Hardware Compare to Ps3 Slim?   How Does The 360 Slim Hardware Compare to Ps3 Slim? EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 4:44 am

With the release of the new Xbox 360 slim, it's time to analyse the pro's and cons of the 360 and Ps3 based upon their latest model!

PROS:

BluRay?
Xbox 360: NO
Ps3: YES

How Does The 360 Slim Hardware Compare to Ps3 Slim? Blu-ray_Disc.svg

1080p Streaming?
Xbox 360: YES
Ps3: NO

Built in wfi?
Ps3: YES

Maximum Harddrive space:
Xbox 360: 250GB
Ps3: 250GB (500GB announced)

Backwards Compatibility:

How Does The 360 Slim Hardware Compare to Ps3 Slim? Original_xbox
Cross game/party chat:
How Does The 360 Slim Hardware Compare to Ps3 Slim? Gam_xboxliveparty_490

CONS:

Disk Scratching:

Serious overheating:

Loud fan:

Failure Rate:
Xbox 360: N/A
Ps3: N/A

How Does The 360 Slim Hardware Compare to Ps3 Slim? Red-ring-of-death-rrod

Pay for online?
Xbox 360: Yes
Ps3: Yes

--------------------------------------------------
Okay, so as far as the actual hardware goes, it looks like at minimum they're on the same sort of level now.
Add to the fact that Xbox 360 has amazing software including more A,AA and AAA titles, an unbeatable online service and loads of great stuff still to come, it's going to be pretty hard for die-hard Sony fanboys to find anything to complain about!
(also keep in mind stuff like 360 hasn't got forced installs, it has the option for installing game to HDD to prevent disks not working, there are loads more downloads on XBL and 360 has loads of features on XBL coming like the sports thing and also the new Kinect features!)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
andes755
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: How Does The 360 Slim Hardware Compare to Ps3 Slim?   How Does The 360 Slim Hardware Compare to Ps3 Slim? EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 11:19 am

isn't cross game chat avaliable on PSN+ now, so that should be a yes technically, since Live costs for online anyway, and isn't PSN+ an optional upgrade so you still have the free service?

i'm just stating notes i've picked up, since i'm not really a gamer, and didn't watch E3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Does The 360 Slim Hardware Compare to Ps3 Slim?   How Does The 360 Slim Hardware Compare to Ps3 Slim? EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 12:16 pm

I would say that cross game chat/part chat and pay for online are more of software, not hardware. But PSN is still free, there just is an optional paid service.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: How Does The 360 Slim Hardware Compare to Ps3 Slim?   How Does The 360 Slim Hardware Compare to Ps3 Slim? EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 1:35 pm

andes755 wrote:
isn't cross game chat avaliable on PSN+ now, so that should be a yes technically, since Live costs for online anyway, and isn't PSN+ an optional upgrade so you still have the free service?

i'm just stating notes i've picked up, since i'm not really a gamer, and didn't watch E3

link or didnt happen
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: How Does The 360 Slim Hardware Compare to Ps3 Slim?   How Does The 360 Slim Hardware Compare to Ps3 Slim? EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 2:18 pm

andes755 wrote:

No, PSN+ still doesn't offer Cross game chat. Just discounts and early betas....
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: How Does The 360 Slim Hardware Compare to Ps3 Slim?   How Does The 360 Slim Hardware Compare to Ps3 Slim? EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 2:28 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
I would say that cross game chat/part chat and pay for online are more of software, not hardware. But PSN is still free, there just is an optional paid service.

Actually that's true.... but I'm thinking it's hardware because it makes use of the headsets like Blu-Ray makes use of the disks despite films being like games and count as software.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: How Does The 360 Slim Hardware Compare to Ps3 Slim?   How Does The 360 Slim Hardware Compare to Ps3 Slim? EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 2:28 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:
andes755 wrote:

link or didnt happen

QFT! Razz
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: How Does The 360 Slim Hardware Compare to Ps3 Slim?   How Does The 360 Slim Hardware Compare to Ps3 Slim? EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 2:38 pm

demondragondude wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
andes755 wrote:

link or didnt happen

QFT! Razz

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/06/15/cross-game-party-chat-coming-to-ps3-with-strings-attached/

You need to pay the 50(+?) fee for PSN plus though. Or have a bunch of friends that have PSN plus.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Does The 360 Slim Hardware Compare to Ps3 Slim?   How Does The 360 Slim Hardware Compare to Ps3 Slim? EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 2:55 pm

demondragondude wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

Actually that's true.... but I'm thinking it's hardware because it makes use of the headsets like Blu-Ray makes use of the disks despite films being like games and count as software.

Makes sense. But I still think pay for online is a software thing.
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: How Does The 360 Slim Hardware Compare to Ps3 Slim?   How Does The 360 Slim Hardware Compare to Ps3 Slim? EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 4:54 pm

PS3 has had party chat for a long time. Just not cross game chat.
Back to top Go down
zinc
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
zinc

PostSubject: Re: How Does The 360 Slim Hardware Compare to Ps3 Slim?   How Does The 360 Slim Hardware Compare to Ps3 Slim? EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 8:30 pm

Still pretty much the same. There is no huge Gap between the 2 consoles as there was before (The 360 Failure rate). They are both on the same level in every way. The only difference is the 360 library. It gives us the edge over the ps3.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: How Does The 360 Slim Hardware Compare to Ps3 Slim?   How Does The 360 Slim Hardware Compare to Ps3 Slim? EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 4:05 am

PSN Plus is such a waste of time and quite honestly I am angry at it. Why should the consumers have to pay to get access to online content. I know they are saying bullshit like exclusive early content, but in fact, they are just delaying the content for the PSN free subscribers.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: How Does The 360 Slim Hardware Compare to Ps3 Slim?   How Does The 360 Slim Hardware Compare to Ps3 Slim? EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 11:33 am

BlackStigma wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
andes755 wrote:

link or didnt happen

QFT! Razz

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/06/15/cross-game-party-chat-coming-to-ps3-with-strings-attached/

You need to pay the 50(+?) fee for PSN plus though. Or have a bunch of friends that have PSN plus.

the update says its false. it aint coming.
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
Xboxroxmysox

Xboxroxmysox

PostSubject: Re: How Does The 360 Slim Hardware Compare to Ps3 Slim?   How Does The 360 Slim Hardware Compare to Ps3 Slim? EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 3:53 pm

Quote :
1080p Streaming?

I just streamed a 1080p movie to my PS3 the other day.

Quote :
Backwards Compatibility:

The ps3 can play ps1 games which is backwards compatibility.

Quote :
Pay for online?

Ps3 has free online, unless you mean psn+, but that is completely optional.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: How Does The 360 Slim Hardware Compare to Ps3 Slim?   How Does The 360 Slim Hardware Compare to Ps3 Slim? EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 5:44 pm

Xboxroxmysox wrote:
Quote :
1080p Streaming?

Quote :
Backwards Compatibility:

Quote :
Pay for online?

Streaming:
Can you give me evidence of that?

Backwards combatibility:
Ps1 is a different league to ps2 and Xbox. I'm not mentioning that Xbox has compatibility with loads of arcade games because they're a much older generation. Yeah it has backwards compatibility to a certain extent but wouldn't you much rather play ps2/xbox games?

Yes psn is optional but the fact remains that if you want everything psn has to offer you MUST pay. Just like if you want everything XBL has to offer, you MUST pay.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Does The 360 Slim Hardware Compare to Ps3 Slim?   How Does The 360 Slim Hardware Compare to Ps3 Slim? EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 6:09 pm

demondragondude wrote:
Xboxroxmysox wrote:
Quote :
1080p Streaming?

Quote :
Backwards Compatibility:

Quote :
Pay for online?

Streaming:
Can you give me evidence of that?

Backwards combatibility:
Ps1 is a different league to ps2 and Xbox. I'm not mentioning that Xbox has compatibility with loads of arcade games because they're a much older generation. Yeah it has backwards compatibility to a certain extent but wouldn't you much rather play ps2/xbox games?

Yes psn is optional but the fact remains that if you want everything psn has to offer you MUST pay. Just like if you want everything XBL has to offer, you MUST pay.

The new PSN isnt much, just free games, Quore and other small things. I would say that it really has anything else to offer.
Back to top Go down
am203
Seaman
Seaman

PostSubject: Re: How Does The 360 Slim Hardware Compare to Ps3 Slim?   How Does The 360 Slim Hardware Compare to Ps3 Slim? EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 10:21 pm

if you add ps1 games into the mix that means that the ps3 has more A,AA,AAA games than the 360 and original xbox combined
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: How Does The 360 Slim Hardware Compare to Ps3 Slim?   How Does The 360 Slim Hardware Compare to Ps3 Slim? EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 10:25 pm

am203 wrote:
if you add ps1 games into the mix that means that the ps3 has more A,AA,AAA games than the 360 and original xbox combined

Quote :
if you add ps1 games

Quote :
that means that the ps3 has more

That was hilarious.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Does The 360 Slim Hardware Compare to Ps3 Slim?   How Does The 360 Slim Hardware Compare to Ps3 Slim? EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 1:14 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
am203 wrote:

Quote :
if you add ps1 games

Quote :
that means that the ps3 has more

That was hilarious.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: How Does The 360 Slim Hardware Compare to Ps3 Slim?   How Does The 360 Slim Hardware Compare to Ps3 Slim? EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 5:26 pm

I say the Xbox 360 Slim is a much better value than the PS3 Slim in terms of what you get with the 360 Slim you get a 250gb hard-drive, the fastest wifi on the market (I do not care about wifi though but its nice for people who do care), and a lot more content on Xbox Live. All only for $299.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: How Does The 360 Slim Hardware Compare to Ps3 Slim?   How Does The 360 Slim Hardware Compare to Ps3 Slim? EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 11:21 pm

Xboxroxmysox wrote:
Quote :
1080p Streaming?

Quote :
Backwards Compatibility:

Quote :
Pay for online?

1. BS, Even if you did Zune HD Marketplace has a huge library for 1080p movies.
2. Yea, but I think he was refering to BC for last generation titles.
3. Yea and XBL is free is well lol. You don't HAVE to pay. 2 can play it that way.

Last edited by Alan1994 on Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Does The 360 Slim Hardware Compare to Ps3 Slim?   How Does The 360 Slim Hardware Compare to Ps3 Slim? EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 12:07 am

Alan1994 wrote:
Xboxroxmysox wrote:
Quote :
1080p Streaming?

Quote :
Backwards Compatibility:

Quote :
Pay for online?

1. BS, Even if you did Zune HD Marketplace has a huge library for 1080p movies.
2. Yea, but I think he was refering to BC for last generation titles.
3. Yea and XBL is free is well lol. You don't HAVE to pay. 2 can play it that way.

PSN is free to play online, what has been free will stay free, PSN+ is optional features. And streaming and Marketplace are two different things.
Back to top Go down
Madtoker
Master Chief Petty Officer
Madtoker

PostSubject: Re: How Does The 360 Slim Hardware Compare to Ps3 Slim?   How Does The 360 Slim Hardware Compare to Ps3 Slim? EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 12:25 pm

cross game chat is an online service and u dont need to pay for online its optional
Back to top Go down
Madtoker
Madtoker

PostSubject: Re: How Does The 360 Slim Hardware Compare to Ps3 Slim?   How Does The 360 Slim Hardware Compare to Ps3 Slim? EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 12:27 pm

ghost23 wrote:
PSN Plus is such a waste of time and quite honestly I am angry at it. Why should the consumers have to pay to get access to online content. I know they are saying bullshit like exclusive early content, but in fact, they are just delaying the content for the PSN free subscribers.

yeh im so angry at having to pay to play online on my 360 grrr it makes me wanna raaaaaaaage
Back to top Go down
Frank2368
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Frank2368

PostSubject: Re: How Does The 360 Slim Hardware Compare to Ps3 Slim?   How Does The 360 Slim Hardware Compare to Ps3 Slim? EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 4:17 pm

MS should REALLY make online play free.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Does The 360 Slim Hardware Compare to Ps3 Slim?   How Does The 360 Slim Hardware Compare to Ps3 Slim? Empty

Back to top Go down

How Does The 360 Slim Hardware Compare to Ps3 Slim?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next