This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Post why you truly hate/like Kinect. (E3 wise or in general)

Go down 
+7
DarkSwarm85
xjosh360s
Kendo
Madtoker
ghost23
Arbiteris
Mr. Project Natal
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr. Project Natal
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Mr. Project Natal

Post why you truly hate/like Kinect. (E3 wise or in general) Empty
PostSubject: Post why you truly hate/like Kinect. (E3 wise or in general)   Post why you truly hate/like Kinect. (E3 wise or in general) EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 8:12 pm

There is to much Kinect shit talk and we are all entitled to our opinions so post your reasons why you like or dislike it. However, opinions can be fought against for stupid, irrelevant or irrational comments.
(example: Just forget Kinect mate. Its for kids and their moms.)

(include what at E3 pisses you off that is Kinect related if you want)

Why I like Kinect is because of the possibilities it has. Even if it may not have the best FPS games or none at all, it is still something that sets aside fucking halo. Every motion technology is going to have fitness and interactive games with pets. But I can see shooters arriving for kinect. Just because its not at E3 doesnt mean its not happening. (It takes more than a year to make shooters with technology like this.) It's not so fucking easy. Smile

And who says you can't have Kinect as a secondary controller for COD or BC?(aka use it to signal a grenade throw to throw a grenade)

What the big problem people can't picture is : "How to make a FPS"
Holding your hands up and making gun sounds is a typical thing to picture but its not happening that way. One way I thought of is holding your Xbox controller on 1 side pointing it at the screen (handgun wise) and pressing 'A' to fire. (Who says you can't improvise? Wink )

[I will post a picture of what I mean under this.]
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Natal360VsPS3Wands
Mr. Project Natal
Mr. Project Natal

PostSubject: Re: Post why you truly hate/like Kinect. (E3 wise or in general)   Post why you truly hate/like Kinect. (E3 wise or in general) EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 8:16 pm

Like any first idea, it needs modifications. Perhaps put a sticker in front where the muzzle is? (If it happens and if they supply you with them in the game case)
Its an "example" so don't be a dick.
Post why you truly hate/like Kinect. (E3 wise or in general) Csc_0010
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Post why you truly hate/like Kinect. (E3 wise or in general)   Post why you truly hate/like Kinect. (E3 wise or in general) EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 8:18 pm

Kinect did very well.Anyone who says that the conference was bad because of kinect need to shut up and think about what their saying
Back to top Go down
Mr. Project Natal
Mr. Project Natal

PostSubject: Re: Post why you truly hate/like Kinect. (E3 wise or in general)   Post why you truly hate/like Kinect. (E3 wise or in general) EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 8:22 pm

HellJumper wrote:
Kinect did very well.Anyone who says that the conference was bad because of kinect need to shut up and think about what their saying

lol! Well, that summarizes my essay above.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post why you truly hate/like Kinect. (E3 wise or in general)   Post why you truly hate/like Kinect. (E3 wise or in general) EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 9:21 pm

I thought the Kinect conference was extremely gay, but that beside the point. It is too casual, I would not a buy a 150 dollar thing just to scroll through NXE menus, cause god knows I wouldnt play the horrible casual games. I mean Kinectimals? Really? Thats stupider than Nintendogs.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Post why you truly hate/like Kinect. (E3 wise or in general)   Post why you truly hate/like Kinect. (E3 wise or in general) EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 10:35 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
I thought the Kinect conference was extremely gay, but that beside the point. It is too casual, I would not a buy a 150 dollar thing just to scroll through NXE menus, cause god knows I wouldnt play the horrible casual games. I mean Kinectimals? Really? Thats stupider than Nintendogs.

See,your comment applies to my statement above
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post why you truly hate/like Kinect. (E3 wise or in general)   Post why you truly hate/like Kinect. (E3 wise or in general) EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 11:01 pm

HellJumper wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

Im not saying Kinect was bad, I am saying the conference was retarded.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Post why you truly hate/like Kinect. (E3 wise or in general)   Post why you truly hate/like Kinect. (E3 wise or in general) EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 4:15 am

I like Kinect. The primary reason i play games is to have fun. While I do have fun playing Halo 3 online with my friends, there is also a lot of fun to be had playing Kinect games with my friends as well. It definitely seems like something I would try and I'm not going to dismiss it as shit without even trying it as so many people are doing.
Back to top Go down
Madtoker
Master Chief Petty Officer
Madtoker

PostSubject: Re: Post why you truly hate/like Kinect. (E3 wise or in general)   Post why you truly hate/like Kinect. (E3 wise or in general) EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 6:57 am

HellJumper wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

It was pretty gay, all it did was re-invent what the wii did years ago
i conference i mean
hopefully they will make a game that isnt total BS
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Post why you truly hate/like Kinect. (E3 wise or in general)   Post why you truly hate/like Kinect. (E3 wise or in general) EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 9:09 am

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

Because it had kinect.They did great at showing off kinect(even though you may not like the idea) and that is what they were trying to do.So it aint retarded
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post why you truly hate/like Kinect. (E3 wise or in general)   Post why you truly hate/like Kinect. (E3 wise or in general) EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 1:18 pm

HellJumper wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

Because it had kinect.They did great at showing off kinect(even though you may not like the idea) and that is what they were trying to do.So it aint retarded

No the conference I thought was retarded, yeah it showed off kinect (like it was intended to do) but they way they executed it was stupid, I mean all the white robes? Come on, thats stupid.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Post why you truly hate/like Kinect. (E3 wise or in general)   Post why you truly hate/like Kinect. (E3 wise or in general) EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 1:30 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

No the conference I thought was retarded, yeah it showed off kinect (like it was intended to do) but they way they executed it was stupid, I mean all the white robes? Come on, thats stupid.

That wasnt the conference nor was it part of E3.It was pretty much an expensive advertisement.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post why you truly hate/like Kinect. (E3 wise or in general)   Post why you truly hate/like Kinect. (E3 wise or in general) EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 1:31 pm

HellJumper wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

That wasnt the conference nor was it part of E3.It was pretty much an expensive advertisement.

Pretty sure it was part of E3....
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Post why you truly hate/like Kinect. (E3 wise or in general)   Post why you truly hate/like Kinect. (E3 wise or in general) EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 1:38 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

"The Electronic Entertainment Expo 2010, commonly known as E3 2010, was the 16th Electronic Entertainment Expo held. The event took place on June 14, 15, 16, and 17 at the Los Angeles Convention Center"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E3_2010

Hope that clears things up
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post why you truly hate/like Kinect. (E3 wise or in general)   Post why you truly hate/like Kinect. (E3 wise or in general) EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 2:23 pm

HellJumper wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

"The Electronic Entertainment Expo 2010, commonly known as E3 2010, was the 16th Electronic Entertainment Expo held. The event took place on June 14, 15, 16, and 17 at the Los Angeles Convention Center"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E3_2010

Hope that clears things up

Ok, I was wrong, it wasn't part of E3. Either way it was retarded.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Project Natal
Mr. Project Natal

PostSubject: Re: Post why you truly hate/like Kinect. (E3 wise or in general)   Post why you truly hate/like Kinect. (E3 wise or in general) EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 5:03 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
So great graphics suck? Because thats what I see on XBL. Either way, its EASY to make games like that for technology like Kinect, Move and wii. Nobody said it was 150. Thats what gamestop "predicts."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post why you truly hate/like Kinect. (E3 wise or in general)   Post why you truly hate/like Kinect. (E3 wise or in general) EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 5:07 pm

Mr. Project Natal wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
So great graphics suck? Because thats what I see on XBL. Either way, its EASY to make games like that for technology like Kinect, Move and wii. Nobody said it was 150. Thats what gamestop "predicts."

Where does graphics and ease of making games come into it? I saw no where in my post where I said anything regarding that. And so far, $150 is what I am going off of. Until MS releases an official price.
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: Post why you truly hate/like Kinect. (E3 wise or in general)   Post why you truly hate/like Kinect. (E3 wise or in general) EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 5:42 pm

Kinect seems like it could be fun. But after seeing the line up for it I might not get it this year. I will wait till some more hardcore games come out utilizing Kinect.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
Madtoker
Madtoker

PostSubject: Re: Post why you truly hate/like Kinect. (E3 wise or in general)   Post why you truly hate/like Kinect. (E3 wise or in general) EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 2:51 pm

Kendo wrote:
Kinect seems like it could be fun. But after seeing the line up for it I might not get it this year. I will wait till some more hardcore games come out utilizing Kinect.
wont happen for a while.. using kinect is more of a super casual thing
Back to top Go down
xjosh360s
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
xjosh360s

PostSubject: Re: Post why you truly hate/like Kinect. (E3 wise or in general)   Post why you truly hate/like Kinect. (E3 wise or in general) EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 3:48 pm

no what really pisses me off about kinect is that theres no hardcore games i dont care what anyone says (ex: its meant for casuals) idc while tha casuals are having fun with there type of games we stay playing the same old way with a F@#ing controller so basically xbox's biggest surprise isnt for us its for casuals, and i have nothing against casuals its just that they should have put but hardcore and casual games thats all im saying (i'm still buying it tho i know microsoft isnt so stupid that they wont put any hardcore games in kinect)
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Post why you truly hate/like Kinect. (E3 wise or in general)   Post why you truly hate/like Kinect. (E3 wise or in general) EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 7:00 pm

If any of you think MS should have hardcore games for Kinect,SCREW YOU.Why would someone waste perfectly good hardcore games on motion controll?Hardcore games should NEVER be used with motion controll
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Post why you truly hate/like Kinect. (E3 wise or in general)   Post why you truly hate/like Kinect. (E3 wise or in general) EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 7:14 pm

HellJumper wrote:
If any of you think MS should have hardcore games for Kinect,SCREW YOU.Why would someone waste perfectly good hardcore games on motion controll?Hardcore games should NEVER be used with motion controll

And thats why Kinect is stupid. Those are the stupidest looking casual games I have ever seen.
Back to top Go down
DarkSwarm85
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: Post why you truly hate/like Kinect. (E3 wise or in general)   Post why you truly hate/like Kinect. (E3 wise or in general) EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 7:27 pm

HellJumper wrote:

PC gaming, using a mouse is a form of motion control. StarCraft is a hardcore game that uses motion controls...
Back to top Go down
xjosh360s
xjosh360s

PostSubject: Re: Post why you truly hate/like Kinect. (E3 wise or in general)   Post why you truly hate/like Kinect. (E3 wise or in general) EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 7:31 pm

HellJumper wrote:
no i say screw the ppl who dont want hardcore games on kinect im not saying i want halo and gears in kinect but i want hardcore games ment for kinect its retarded that kinect gets retarded casual games the only cool looking game i saw was joyride and kinect sports, they should make bloody sword and tps games for it and hardcore fighting and racing games but instead we get kinectimals that right there is retarded ect.
Back to top Go down
xjosh360s
xjosh360s

PostSubject: Re: Post why you truly hate/like Kinect. (E3 wise or in general)   Post why you truly hate/like Kinect. (E3 wise or in general) EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 7:33 pm

they should put both casual and hardcore games for kinect, they should make it for everyone that would make sell alot more then what it looks like right now
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Post why you truly hate/like Kinect. (E3 wise or in general)   Post why you truly hate/like Kinect. (E3 wise or in general) Empty

Back to top Go down

Post why you truly hate/like Kinect. (E3 wise or in general)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next