This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

exclusives??

Go down 
+5
GeneralMLD
Stoney
DemonWolf
xjosh360s
zinc
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
zinc
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
zinc

exclusives?? Empty
PostSubject: exclusives??   exclusives?? EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 2:10 am

i thought exclusives are (Only on 360, Only on Playstation). To me, the xbox 360 is a mini version of my pc (With downgraded games and graphics) the only reason i own one is because the majority of my friends have a 360(And for Halo/Gears). I also believe that ms is extremely unfair to 360 owners. We need to pay for live which by the way is not a factor to many of us. We have to pay for DLC that is free on the pc which is something that bothers me a lot.We get the crappy version of games which are never updated.

Mass Effect 2 looks 10* better on my pc than on my 360. i keep hearing that ME2 is a 360 exclusive, are We not including the pc???? Every game cost 10 dollars less on the PC. (A Gaming PC does not cost over 1K, which is just an excuse people tell me on y they don't game on the pc.) For what its worth, i am a pc gamer and 360. if i had to pick, with out a doubt the PC is the superior race in gaming and anything ells. 1st class gamers; PC 2nd class gamers; wii/360/ps3 before you go all out consider this,,, ALL 3 "Consoles are computers!!"

OFF TOPIC

PS3 SUCKS!!!!!!! does anyone know what YLOD mean?? i didn't until today
Back to top Go down
xjosh360s
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
xjosh360s

exclusives?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: exclusives??   exclusives?? EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 2:25 am

ok i dont know about anyone else but i say microsoft exclusives if you like your pc, play pc and tell your friends to play pc because its better in your opinion and we also say its exclusively on xbox and pc were not trying to leave the pc out of things but when ps3 fanboys come to us and say they have more games then us we say that we have l4d mass effect and metro 2033 ect. because they say that ps3 has more games and then they say that they can play those games on pc so it doesnt matter but we say "its still not on ps3 but its on xbox therefore we still have more games than you" so we dont really mean exclusives we mean that we have more games than ps3

and honestly i preffer xbox over pc because of the achievements cross gamechat and because where i live no one really uses pc for gaming its usually xbox and ps3 understand??? but i still love pc especially because of all its mmo exclusives
Back to top Go down
xjosh360s
xjosh360s

exclusives?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: exclusives??   exclusives?? EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 2:30 am

oh and the reason we are ok with paying for online is because its the best on any game console (pc not included) we get dlc and demos first, cross game chat, voice mail , more down loadable games, stream 1080p movies instantly,windows media center, netflix ,facebook,last fm, twitter and cooming soon we will get free espn oh and almost forgot sky tv and helpful videos to help you get achievements and more, and are you sure you dont pay for dlc? i never knew that
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

exclusives?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: exclusives??   exclusives?? EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 3:07 am

There's not a huge difference graphically between games on pc & 360. They usually look about as good. And even downgraded, a lot of them like ME2 are still AAA games.

And we name those games exclusive for ps3 fanboy arguments because effectively they are games on our system and not theirs. Saying exclusive just shortens that.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

exclusives?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: exclusives??   exclusives?? EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 6:30 am

Mass Effect 2 is rated higher on the 360.....why is that?? The PC version is full of bugs. Nobody cares for PC gaming anymore (as a their primary platform).

And when you PC nerds starting calling PC gaming the "superior race" or "master race" it makes you sound creepy.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

exclusives?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: exclusives??   exclusives?? EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 12:29 pm

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
Mass Effect 2 is rated higher on the 360.....why is that?? The PC version is full of bugs. Nobody cares for PC gaming anymore (as a their primary platform).

And when you PC nerds starting calling PC gaming the "superior race" or "master race" it makes you sound creepy.

LMAO!
QFT

Yeah why do pc nerds even do that? It makes me want to slap them Razz
PC isn't a f*cking race, it's a system.

And yeah you pretty much explained it all. "no one cares for pc gaming anymore".
I mean I do like pc and it's games but I'm happier with a system called XBOX 360 where I get the best of both worlds. The best pc games, the best multiplats and the best exclusives.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

exclusives?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: exclusives??   exclusives?? EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 1:49 pm

i dont see the problem.

we get plenty things that ps3 doesnt get. i could care less that pc gets better versions.
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
Stigma
Stigma

exclusives?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: exclusives??   exclusives?? EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 5:05 pm

360 is a multiplat console. It's gets a lot of 360/PC games the PS3 won't get, and a lot of 360/PS3 games the PC doesn't get. And the 360 version will usually get exclusive/timed DLC as compared to the PS3 version.

As for the PC version costing $50 there's a problem. PC gamers say that you can go 3 years without upgraded, which is true, but here is the problem. By the second year half the games you will be playing you will only be playing at medium quality, which by then the 360 version will look better. To play the continuously play the PC at high quality to look better than the console versions you'll need to be upgrading every year or two. Which is short, will be more expensive than a console which could last 5-7 years and never having to upgrade.

PC superior gaming platform? Hardly, it's exclusive genre doesn't really go anywhere outside the over saturating of MMO's and RTS games. The 360 has more modern exclusives than the PC.

And XBL is a lot better than Steam, I don't mind paying.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

exclusives?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: exclusives??   exclusives?? EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 6:35 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
360 is a multiplat console. It's gets a lot of 360/PC games the PS3 won't get, and a lot of 360/PS3 games the PC doesn't get. And the 360 version will usually get exclusive/timed DLC as compared to the PS3 version.

As for the PC version costing $50 there's a problem. PC gamers say that you can go 3 years without upgraded, which is true, but here is the problem. By the second year half the games you will be playing you will only be playing at medium quality, which by then the 360 version will look better. To play the continuously play the PC at high quality to look better than the console versions you'll need to be upgrading every year or two. Which is short, will be more expensive than a console which could last 5-7 years and never having to upgrade.

PC superior gaming platform? Hardly, it's exclusive genre doesn't really go anywhere outside the over saturating of MMO's and RTS games. The 360 has more modern exclusives than the PC.

And XBL is a lot better than Steam, I don't mind paying.

And what's more, when you upgrade and upgrade even further, your older games begin to stop running (or stop running properly at least).
Back to top Go down

exclusives?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: exclusives??   exclusives?? EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 8:43 pm

demondragondude wrote:
There's not a huge difference graphically between games on pc & 360. They usually look about as good. And even downgraded, a lot of them like ME2 are still AAA games.

And we name those games exclusive for ps3 fanboy arguments because effectively they are games on our system and not theirs. Saying exclusive just shortens that.

And this is a console war, not system war. So PC is irrelevant in console debating, therefore if they are on 360 and PC they are considered exclusive. And graphics dont mean much either.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

exclusives?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: exclusives??   exclusives?? EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 11:35 pm

ME2 has a shitload of glitches and problems on the PC. The X360 was the lead platform for ME2. Only difference is the native resolutions and TBH most PC users play on like a 26" monitor or something. 1080p won't means squat shit on small ass moniters.

We call PC/X360 games "console" exclusives. Not platform. ME2 is only on one CONSOLE. The PC is an open platform, and no matter how much you prefer to play games on it that's how it will be labeled. You can play ME on the Iphone if you wanted it. Doesn't mean it's a console.
Back to top Go down
zinc
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
zinc

exclusives?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: exclusives??   exclusives?? EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 1:23 am

LOL... so as long as the ps3 doesn't have it, its an Exclusive ??
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

exclusives?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: exclusives??   exclusives?? EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 1:25 am

zinc wrote:
LOL... so as long as the ps3 doesn't have it, its an Exclusive ??

It's not really exclusive, it's console exclusive or a 360/PC multiplat not on PS3.
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

exclusives?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: exclusives??   exclusives?? EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 1:28 am

zinc wrote:
i thought exclusives are (Only on 360, Only on Playstation). To me, the xbox 360 is a mini version of my pc (With downgraded games and graphics) the only reason i own one is because the majority of my friends have a 360(And for Halo/Gears). I also believe that ms is extremely unfair to 360 owners. We need to pay for live which by the way is not a factor to many of us. We have to pay for DLC that is free on the pc which is something that bothers me a lot.We get the crappy version of games which are never updated.

Mass Effect 2 looks 10* better on my pc than on my 360. i keep hearing that ME2 is a 360 exclusive, are We not including the pc???? Every game cost 10 dollars less on the PC. (A Gaming PC does not cost over 1K, which is just an excuse people tell me on y they don't game on the pc.) For what its worth, i am a pc gamer and 360. if i had to pick, with out a doubt the PC is the superior race in gaming and anything ells. 1st class gamers; PC 2nd class gamers; wii/360/ps3 before you go all out consider this,,, ALL 3 "Consoles are computers!!"

OFF TOPIC

PS3 SUCKS!!!!!!! does anyone know what YLOD mean?? i didn't until today
me is better on the 360 metacritic both scored 2 points higher on the 360
Back to top Go down
zinc
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
zinc

exclusives?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: exclusives??   exclusives?? EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 1:38 am

Console exclusive?
AAA games are still AAA games even if it scored 2 points lower.
Back to top Go down
zinc
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
zinc

exclusives?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: exclusives??   exclusives?? EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 1:52 am

all i am saying is that if a game can be played on any other system then it should not count as a exclusive. It must be playable on only ONE system!!
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

exclusives?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: exclusives??   exclusives?? EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 2:11 am

zinc wrote:
Console exclusive?
AAA games are still AAA games even if it scored 2 points lower.
actually me1 i beleive is aa on the pc. pc gaming=/=console gaming.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

exclusives?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: exclusives??   exclusives?? EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 2:16 am

zinc wrote:
all i am saying is that if a game can be played on any other system then it should not count as a exclusive. It must be playable on only ONE system!!

There's a lot of definitions for exclusive.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

exclusives?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: exclusives??   exclusives?? EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 3:20 am

zinc wrote:

1.Exclusives don't necessarily need to be on only one system. It's a wide term that can apply for multiple things. Effectively exclusive is just a different word for saying "only" and past I looked, you can say "it's only for xbox 360 and ps3". I personally call games on ps3 and 360 multiplats because in the console war the 360 is up against ps3 not pc as such so there's no need to call those games exclusives unless discussing ps3/360 vs pc. In that case, red dead redemption and games like that would be known as exclusive to the consoles.

2.Whether you like us using the term exclusive or not is irrelevant. Effectively those 360 games that are also on pc are Not on ps3 which is all that matters. So it makes sense to call them exclusives, especially due to the fact that I don't see pc as competition. Even if it were greater or inferior to 360 makes no difference because they can't be compared. The pcs primary function is not games, different pcs have different compatibilities, pc has many mods (which can taint the argument), pc has installs and gets viruses and suffers from different issues to 360 and also can get buggy versions of games. Those are just some of the reasons they can't be compared. One of the main reasons is just that I consider the main aspect of the console war to be the A,AA,AAA games library. Not only do u have to upgrade your pc to play some newer games (lol 360 owners just buy it and play, it's that simple) but having a very high powered pc also means that older games won't work. Therefore the A,AA,AAA games argument cannot work.

I think I've proven my point. This is 360 vs PS3 and I think it will stay that way.
Back to top Go down
zinc
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
zinc

exclusives?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: exclusives??   exclusives?? EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 4:35 pm

1.ok then regarding the issue with 360 vs ps3, 360 fanboyz should not use shared games with the pc(me1,2 L4D 1,2 etc.....). The same with the ps3 fanboyz, they cant count remastered versions of games like The God of war collection because those are playable on the ps2.

2. Yes the PC does have many other functions, so does the ps3 and 360. Most PC out their are not used for gaming(although the gaming community for the PC does match that of the ps3 and 360 combined). You are correct in saying that you cant compare PC games with 360 games. 90 percent of the 360's library is shared with the PC(A,AA,AAA). (Quote); " Not only do u have to upgrade your pc to play some newer games (lol 360 owners just buy it and play, it's that simple) but having a very high powered pc also means that older games won't work."

Upgrading your PC dose not cost a fortune. If you want to play older games just keep your old OS, there that simple. You can still upgrade to the most recent OS and still use your old one (XP). If you don't have XP (XP, for example. All games can run on xp with the exception of some) just DL it or buy it of someone/somewhere , its not hard. Note... Xp is not sold in retail stores like best buy, target ,
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

exclusives?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: exclusives??   exclusives?? EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 5:28 pm

zinc wrote:
1.ok then regarding the issue with 360 vs ps3, 360 fanboyz should not use shared games with the pc(me1,2 L4D 1,2 etc.....). The same with the ps3 fanboyz, they cant count remastered versions of games like The God of war collection because those are playable on the ps2.

2. Yes the PC does have many other functions, so does the ps3 and 360. Most PC out their are not used for gaming(although the gaming community for the PC does match that of the ps3 and 360 combined). You are correct in saying that you cant compare PC games with 360 games. 90 percent of the 360's library is shared with the PC(A,AA,AAA). (Quote); " Not only do u have to upgrade your pc to play some newer games (lol 360 owners just buy it and play, it's that simple) but having a very high powered pc also means that older games won't work."

Upgrading your PC dose not cost a fortune. If you want to play older games just keep your old OS, there that simple. You can still upgrade to the most recent OS and still use your old one (XP). If you don't have XP (XP, for example. All games can run on xp with the exception of some) just DL it or buy it of someone/somewhere , its not hard. Note... Xp is not sold in retail stores like best buy, target ,

Oh come on, you're more intelligent than this.

Yes, God Of War Collection does count. Any game that is on ps3 and not 360 counts. Any game that's on 360 and now ps3 counts.

And even if upgrading doesn't cost a fortune, it's still more hassle than it's worth. And lol @ "with the exception of some".
Dude, there are hundreds and hundreds which wont work.

Can you run Revenant, Magic Carpet 2, Little Big Adventure 2, Grim Fandango, Monkey Island, Heroes Of Might N Magic 2, etc?

btw you seem very defensive about pc. Are you here to talk about 360 like the rest of us or just to praise pc?
Back to top Go down
zinc
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
zinc

exclusives?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: exclusives??   exclusives?? EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 12:19 am

lol, MC2, LBA2.... Old stuff. i bet only a hand full of people on this forum have ever heard of those games.
I praise the 360 over the ps3 any day. I praise the PC more than any console out there. But just a little FYI, i only own a 360/wii/PC/ps2. My ps3 broke 1 year after i got it. Don't see myself ever getting one again.YLOD

Thank you Demon for this little somewhat debate. Opinions Opinions
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

exclusives?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: exclusives??   exclusives?? EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 2:44 am

zinc wrote:
lol, MC2, LBA2.... Old stuff. i bet only a hand full of people on this forum have ever heard of those games.
I praise the 360 over the ps3 any day. I praise the PC more than any console out there. But just a little FYI, i only own a 360/wii/PC/ps2. My ps3 broke 1 year after i got it. Don't see myself ever getting one again.YLOD

Thank you Demon for this little somewhat debate. Opinions Opinions

lol yeah but the fact is, they got pretty good ratings (AA and other games I mentioned AAA).
And I only mentioned those because they're old games, I used only the most extreme example.
And I'm not claiming you're a ps3 fanbiy, I'm saying you're a pc fanboy.

lol, opinions opinions? "I bet only a handful of people on this forum have ever heard of those games"

Indeed.
Back to top Go down
xjosh360s
xjosh360s

exclusives?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: exclusives??   exclusives?? EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 2:54 am

lol i dont think he gets it
Back to top Go down
zinc