This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Crysis 2 PS3 version is better than the X360 version?

Go down 
+7
Blixtstorm
optimusprime
Spartan v07
Arbiteris
lightlamp
Stoney
Frank2368
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Frank2368
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Frank2368

Crysis 2 PS3 version is better than the X360 version? Empty
PostSubject: Crysis 2 PS3 version is better than the X360 version?   Crysis 2 PS3 version is better than the X360 version? EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 1:50 pm

I'm pretty sure it won't be, but I've been hearing this alot. Can someone give me some insight to this? Thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 PS3 version is better than the X360 version?   Crysis 2 PS3 version is better than the X360 version? EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 1:56 pm

I heard that also. From a gaming site, although not sure which one.
Back to top Go down
lightlamp
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
lightlamp

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 PS3 version is better than the X360 version?   Crysis 2 PS3 version is better than the X360 version? EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 1:57 pm

No one knows for sure. But i found it funny that EA at there press conference at E3 were showing all there games on PS3 yet crysis 2 the most power hungry game there was played on the 360
Back to top Go down
Frank2368
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Frank2368

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 PS3 version is better than the X360 version?   Crysis 2 PS3 version is better than the X360 version? EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 2:05 pm

lightlamp2 wrote:
No one knows for sure. But i found it funny that EA at there press conference at E3 were showing all there games on PS3 yet crysis 2 the most power hungry game there was played on the 360

CryTek said "It's easier to wow people from the bottom up and continue to wow them."
http://www.incrysis.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=878&Itemid=1

And so far only the 360 version has been shown, does that mean PS3 version is better, or is he just refering to the PC version?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 PS3 version is better than the X360 version?   Crysis 2 PS3 version is better than the X360 version? EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 3:01 pm

I heard that the PS3 version was better also. Not like it matters cause its not gonna be a big difference...
Back to top Go down
Frank2368
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Frank2368

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 PS3 version is better than the X360 version?   Crysis 2 PS3 version is better than the X360 version? EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 4:06 pm

Though, since CryTek is developing a exclusive game for the 360, I think they will be able to use the 360 hardware even more efficiently.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 PS3 version is better than the X360 version?   Crysis 2 PS3 version is better than the X360 version? EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 5:08 pm

Doesnt matter cause Crysis sucks.I cant wait for the reviewers to say "bad story" seeing as the crysis story writer bashed Halo's story.
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 PS3 version is better than the X360 version?   Crysis 2 PS3 version is better than the X360 version? EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 7:25 pm

i wont get this game but if i was i will still get it on 360 for the better controller and online.
Back to top Go down
optimusprime
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer
optimusprime

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 PS3 version is better than the X360 version?   Crysis 2 PS3 version is better than the X360 version? EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 11:18 pm

the 360 version looked top notch at e3, nothing to worry about.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 PS3 version is better than the X360 version?   Crysis 2 PS3 version is better than the X360 version? EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 5:30 am

HellJumper wrote:
Doesnt matter cause Crysis sucks.I cant wait for the reviewers to say "bad story" seeing as the crysis story writer bashed Halo's story.

According to me... the Crysis (1) story is better then Halo 3...

Most game stories are cheaply written, since they are meant for good gameplay. Therefore the critically acclaimed book / movie writer can bash Halo for its story (in the games).

I think most people will be suprised with the story in Crysis 2... eh.. 3.... Crysis... Warhead...2?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 PS3 version is better than the X360 version?   Crysis 2 PS3 version is better than the X360 version? EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 8:39 am

Blixtstorm wrote:
HellJumper wrote:

Most game stories are cheaply written, since they are meant for good gameplay. Therefore the critically acclaimed book / movie writer can bash Halo for its story (in the games).

I think most people will be suprised with the story in Crysis 2... eh.. 3.... Crysis... Warhead...2?

I guess thats why all reviewers said Halo 3 story was great and finishes off the trillogy nicely and that Crysis's story was shit,though a little better than FarCry's.

Now,lets look at what theyve shown us of Crysis 2.Generic aliens invade New York,now New York is desolate and the guy in the suit(I cant even remember his name) is the one to stop them.

I do admit,Halo 3's story is hard to understand if you havnt played the previous Halo's.But if you have,then the story is great.

In the end,Halo story>Crysis Story
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 PS3 version is better than the X360 version?   Crysis 2 PS3 version is better than the X360 version? EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 1:28 pm

HellJumper wrote:
Blixtstorm wrote:
HellJumper wrote:

I guess thats why all reviewers said Halo 3 story was great and finishes off the trillogy nicely and that Crysis's story was shit,though a little better than FarCry's.

Now,lets look at what theyve shown us of Crysis 2.Generic aliens invade New York,now New York is desolate and the guy in the suit(I cant even remember his name) is the one to stop them.

I do admit,Halo 3's story is hard to understand if you havnt played the previous Halo's.But if you have,then the story is great.

In the end, the better story is your opinion.
Back to top Go down
santosj95
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
santosj95

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 PS3 version is better than the X360 version?   Crysis 2 PS3 version is better than the X360 version? EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 4:57 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
Blixtstorm wrote:
HellJumper wrote:

When a multitude of professional critics and also the majority of the audience regard Halo's story as a better one, it's hard to say otherwise.

It's opinion indeed, it may differ from one person to the other, but Halo's story is considered better.

(I'm not saying I think it is, by the way, only played Halo 3, but Crysis' storyline is far from being excellent)
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 PS3 version is better than the X360 version?   Crysis 2 PS3 version is better than the X360 version? EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 5:34 pm

santosj95 wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
Blixtstorm wrote:
HellJumper wrote:

When a multitude of professional critics and also the majority of the audience regard Halo's story as a better one, it's hard to say otherwise.

It's opinion indeed, it may differ from one person to the other, but Halo's story is considered better.

(I'm not saying I think it is, by the way, only played Halo 3, but Crysis' storyline is far from being excellent)

Couldnt have said it better
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 PS3 version is better than the X360 version?   Crysis 2 PS3 version is better than the X360 version? EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 9:51 pm

santosj95 wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
Blixtstorm wrote:
HellJumper wrote:

A majority of people voted for Obama but does that mean he is better than McCain?

Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 PS3 version is better than the X360 version?   Crysis 2 PS3 version is better than the X360 version? EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 10:21 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
santosj95 wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
Blixtstorm wrote:
HellJumper wrote:

A majority of people voted for Obama but does that mean he is better than McCain?

Now comparing politics to video games?A more accurate comparrison is this.If 90% of people voted for Obama and barely anyone voted for McCain then yes,Obama would have been better.Because its pretty obvious that more than 90% of gamers who played Halo and Crysis know that Halo has a better story.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 PS3 version is better than the X360 version?   Crysis 2 PS3 version is better than the X360 version? EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 10:58 pm

HellJumper wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
santosj95 wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
Blixtstorm wrote:
HellJumper wrote:

Now comparing politics to video games?A more accurate comparrison is this.If 90% of people voted for Obama and barely anyone voted for McCain then yes,Obama would have been better.Because its pretty obvious that more than 90% of gamers who played Halo and Crysis know that Halo has a better story.

Lots of people did vote for obama, and look where he has gotten us... all I am saying is that story is an opinion, lots of people didnt like Resistance 2 but I thought that was a great game
Back to top Go down
santosj95
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
santosj95

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 PS3 version is better than the X360 version?   Crysis 2 PS3 version is better than the X360 version? EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 10:25 am

TheJubJub57212 wrote:

Lots of people did vote for obama, and look where he has gotten us... all I am saying is that story is an opinion, lots of people didnt like Resistance 2 but I thought that was a great game

That's a ridiculous comparison.

Regarding the quality of obama or Mccain it's more a case of believing that they will be good. Neither one of them was president before people voted, so they were voting for who they thought WOULD be better.

Story in the videogames we are discussing is already available hence why it is more easily evaluated.

And you liked Resistance 2's story, so? Like I said, it is indeed subjective, it's possible to like a story someone else dislikes. But, when there is pretty much a universal opinion of said story, you can't really ague that it isn't the right one, especially when it's an opinion shared by most professional critics.

Besides, there is also the matter of making the distinction between liking something, and it actually being good or as good as we regard it.
I love Ninja Gaiden 2, it's probably one of my favourite videogames ever. I still do agree that it get's scores around the 80's.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 PS3 version is better than the X360 version?   Crysis 2 PS3 version is better than the X360 version? EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 12:05 pm

santosj95 wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

That's a ridiculous comparison.

Regarding the quality of obama or Mccain it's more a case of believing that they will be good. Neither one of them was president before people voted, so they were voting for who they thought WOULD be better.

Story in the videogames we are discussing is already available hence why it is more easily evaluated.

And you liked Resistance 2's story, so? Like I said, it is indeed subjective, it's possible to like a story someone else dislikes. But, when there is pretty much a universal opinion of said story, you can't really ague that it isn't the right one, especially when it's an opinion shared by most professional critics.

Besides, there is also the matter of making the distinction between liking something, and it actually being good or as good as we regard it.
I love Ninja Gaiden 2, it's probably one of my favourite videogames ever. I still do agree that it get's scores around the 80's.

Ok, its still my opinion if I like one story over another, it doesn't matter if most people like the other one, its still an opinion.
Back to top Go down
santosj95
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
santosj95

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 PS3 version is better than the X360 version?   Crysis 2 PS3 version is better than the X360 version? EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 1:05 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:

Ok, its still my opinion if I like one story over another, it doesn't matter if most people like the other one, its still an opinion.

Sure, but the discussion was not wether your opinion was an opinion.

We were discussing that some opinions we can safely say that are probably more reliable than others, nothing else.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 PS3 version is better than the X360 version?   Crysis 2 PS3 version is better than the X360 version? EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 2:30 pm

santosj95 wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

We were discussing that some opinions we can safely say that are probably more reliable than others, nothing else.

An opinion cannot be reliable....a majority of people like one thing, some others can still like the other without liking what the majority likes. It is whatever the person decides.
Back to top Go down
santosj95
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
santosj95

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 PS3 version is better than the X360 version?   Crysis 2 PS3 version is better than the X360 version? EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 3:41 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
santosj95 wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

An opinion cannot be reliable....a majority of people like one thing, some others can still like the other without liking what the majority likes. It is whatever the person decides.

You preference is what you decide, the quality of the product isn't.

Pointless discussion, it's already apparent that neither is going to change his perspective so let's end it here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 PS3 version is better than the X360 version?   Crysis 2 PS3 version is better than the X360 version? EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 6:32 pm

santosj95 wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
santosj95 wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

You preference is what you decide, the quality of the product isn't.

Pointless discussion, it's already apparent that neither is going to change his perspective so let's end it here.

Yes, my preference is what I decide. Its an opinion as to which story someone likes.

And for the record I never said I liked Crysis's story better.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 PS3 version is better than the X360 version?   Crysis 2 PS3 version is better than the X360 version? EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 9:11 pm

Halo OWNS Crysis

End of story lol Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 PS3 version is better than the X360 version?   Crysis 2 PS3 version is better than the X360 version? EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 11:27 pm

HellJumper wrote:
Halo OWNS Crysis

End of story lol Very Happy

I wouldnt say owns but yes it is better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crysis 2 PS3 version is better than the X360 version?   Crysis 2 PS3 version is better than the X360 version? Empty

Back to top Go down

Crysis 2 PS3 version is better than the X360 version?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next