This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Home successful?

Go down 
+4
ghost23
Doominator99
Stigma
Invincible
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Home successful? Empty
PostSubject: Home successful?   Home successful? EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 3:17 pm

http://www.playstationuniversity.com/despite-beliefs-home-has-been-successful-4079/

Quote :
A lot of people like to point and laugh at Sony’s leap into a social networking world with PlayStation Home, but many fail to realize exactly how successful the platform is from a business standpoint. Not only has the application created millions of dollars in revenue through micro-transactions, but it has received a ton of support from developers and publishers around the industry.
In a recent interview with Gamasutra, Sony’s Home director Jack Buser, has revealed exactly how successful Home has truly been for the PlayStation brand.
“With numbers like we have, it goes without saying that Home has been a huge success for our company, something that we have been very proud of,” said Buser. “We’ve released over 5,000 virtual items on the platform, and we know that once those items reach maturity, they are profitable. So you see us creating a tremendous amount of virtual items, because it is such a high margin business for us to be in.”
With those types of numbers, it’s not surprising to hear that Sony feels that Home has been a success. After all, Home received more E3 attendees than the actual event itself. While that’s not too difficult to imagine, it’s still a solid benchmark for activity.
Have you checked out Home recently?
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Invincible

Home successful? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home successful?   Home successful? EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 5:03 pm

There's no doubt it's making Sony money. I just wish there was more stuff to do. Waiting around for 10 minutes to play chess and bowling isn't the first thing I want to do when I turn on my PS3.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Stigma

Home successful? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home successful?   Home successful? EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 7:47 pm

It's "successful", but it still sucks ass.
Back to top Go down

Home successful? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home successful?   Home successful? EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 1:53 pm

Invincible wrote:
There's no doubt it's making Sony money. I just wish there was more stuff to do. Waiting around for 10 minutes to play chess and bowling isn't the first thing I want to do when I turn on my PS3.

Exactly, successful to the company, but a fail to us gamers. If they could make it more like a social network it would be pretty cool. like a virtual facebook XD
Back to top Go down
Doominator99
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Home successful? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home successful?   Home successful? EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 5:29 am

i like to go there to play the board games just to relax. too bad i suck at board games Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
ghost23

Home successful? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home successful?   Home successful? EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 6:10 am

The place is just too slow and boring.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Orpheo
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Lord_Orpheo

Home successful? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home successful?   Home successful? EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 8:49 pm

Agree, there's nothing to do in HOME except talk to people outside of gaming. The peak of HOME coolness was it's limited-time ARG, "Xi"; that was magic.
Back to top Go down
Crystie Cao
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Crystie Cao

Location : And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, Britain.

Home successful? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home successful?   Home successful? EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 8:18 am

Home is pretty bad
BUT THAT DIDNT STOP ME FROM SPENDING OVER £10 IN IT HAHA
Back to top Go down

Home successful? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home successful?   Home successful? EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 1:05 pm

Crystie Cao wrote:
Home is pretty bad
BUT THAT DIDNT STOP ME FROM SPENDING OVER £10 IN IT HAHA

LOL! I admit I bought the Resistance 2 outfit for 2 bucks because im a Resistance fanboy Razz
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

Home successful? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home successful?   Home successful? EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 2:07 pm

My home is sucessfull
Back to top Go down
Inuboy1000
Inuboy1000

Home successful? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home successful?   Home successful? EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 2:30 pm

Home sucks. Its boring.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Inuboy1000z

Home successful? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home successful?   Home successful? EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 2:33 pm

NoelX2 wrote:
My home is sucessfull

Just like your car right?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Home successful? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home successful?   Home successful? Empty

Back to top Go down

Home successful?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Other Platforms :: Sony-