This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What killed Call of Duty

Go down 
+11
spartan225
Xmarksthespot
Stigma
DemonWolf
Stoney
Arbiteris
DarkSwarm85
raspymanic1
Noelol
ghost23
lightlamp
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Do you think Call of Duty is dead?
Yes
What killed Call of Duty Vote_lcap63%What killed Call of Duty Vote_rcap
 63% [ 15 ]
No
What killed Call of Duty Vote_lcap37%What killed Call of Duty Vote_rcap
 37% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 24

AuthorMessage

What killed Call of Duty Empty
PostSubject: What killed Call of Duty   What killed Call of Duty EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 7:15 pm

If Modern Warfare 2 and it's numerous problems didn't convince you that Call of Duty was not worth it anymore, this will convince you that it is even more not worth it and as far as I can see, it is pretty much dead.

First you have the multiple flaws with MW2, mostly that the campaign (which was only about 4.5 hours) was extremely short but also had a terrible ending. The single player was too short and had this bad cliff-hanger ending when there is no reason that is should not have continued. Anyway, here is my point, there probably isn't going to be a MW3 since Infinity Ward is gone, so this series will have ended with a cliff-hanger and is never going to be continued, that is unless they have Treyarch do it, in which case it probably is not going to be good.

Next you have Treyarch who made the inferior Call of Duty games making the series now and you have another problem, Activision is now making you pay a monthly fee for Call of Duty games. I am certianly not paying more money for this sort of thing, I should already have it since I payed for Xbox Live.

So here is a summary.

1-You will probably never see Modern Warfare 3
2-They fired the people who made the better Call of Duty games
3-You will now need to pay for a monthly fee to play online

What do you think? I am done with the Call of Duty series, I even traded Modern Warfare 2 on the 21st for Forza 3 and I don't regret it.
Back to top Go down
lightlamp
Master Chief Petty Officer
lightlamp

PostSubject: Re: What killed Call of Duty   What killed Call of Duty EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 8:13 pm

I thought cod WAW was alright but MW2 killed it for me so i put my faith in EA for my FPS needs but seeing as they are ignoring 360 players with the MOH beta and are also giving out more support for the PS3 i might go try black ops
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: What killed Call of Duty   What killed Call of Duty EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 9:34 pm

The moment when the incentive to make a game is based on profit is the moment that the game dies IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What killed Call of Duty   What killed Call of Duty EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 10:24 pm

ghost23 wrote:
The moment when the incentive to make a game is based on profit is the moment that the game dies IMO.

OFT, I couldn't have said it better myself.
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: What killed Call of Duty   What killed Call of Duty EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 11:00 pm

Why can't the classics come back? Quake, Duke Nukem, Counter Strike, and some other FPS classics come back?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What killed Call of Duty   What killed Call of Duty EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 11:37 pm

Call of duty was on its last limb with CoD5, the only reason it didnt die there was because of Zombies. But MW2 just destroyed the CoD franchise, and what ghost said is exactly true.
Back to top Go down
raspymanic1
raspymanic1

PostSubject: Re: What killed Call of Duty   What killed Call of Duty EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 12:33 am

it may not be as good in your opinions but it is far from dead, it is now the biggest salling game on the xbox 360 outsalling halo 3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What killed Call of Duty   What killed Call of Duty EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 1:08 am

raspymanic1 wrote:
it may not be as good in your opinions but it is far from dead, it is now the biggest salling game on the xbox 360 outsalling halo 3

I do not judge a game by sales. I say this because Infinity Ward was better at making COD then Treyarch, however now Treyarch is the only one making it and I don't think people want to pay extra fees for this, I certainly won't.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What killed Call of Duty   What killed Call of Duty EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 1:48 am

raspymanic1 wrote:

Quote :
Back to top Go down
DarkSwarm85
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: What killed Call of Duty   What killed Call of Duty EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 2:00 am

ghost23 wrote:

Commercialization sucks. Mad
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: What killed Call of Duty   What killed Call of Duty EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 10:39 am

Are you kidding?Its not dead.A franchise isnt dead until the developers stops producing games for it and when no one buys it anymore

MW2 sold so much!How can you call it dead?

And COD doesnt suck,MW just dissapointed many.When a game gets super hyped to be the best game ever,and then it doesnt end up being like that,many gamers start hating on the game and the franchise.Look no futher than Halo 3

And Treyarch is awesome.How can you say there bad?black Ops looks pretty sweet,alot better than MW.

Its like saying the Halo series is gonna suck because 343 is taking over it.

The only thing I dont like about COD is that its so damn easy killing people online.If someone shoots you,you barely have a chance to fight back.Hell,I could kill someone very fast using a pistol.....thats why I like Halo online best
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What killed Call of Duty   What killed Call of Duty EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 11:56 am

Wait, I liked the Treyarch CoD's better than IW's
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What killed Call of Duty   What killed Call of Duty EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 12:09 pm

HellJumper wrote:
Are you kidding?Its not dead.A franchise isnt dead until the developers stops producing games for it and when no one buys it anymore

And COD doesnt suck,MW just dissapointed many.When a game gets super hyped to be the best game ever,and then it doesnt end up being like that,many gamers start hating on the game and the franchise.Look no futher than Halo 3

And Treyarch is awesome.How can you say there bad?black Ops looks pretty sweet,alot better than MW.

The only thing I dont like about COD is that its so damn easy killing people online.If someone shoots you,you barely have a chance to fight back.Hell,I could kill someone very fast using a pistol.....thats why I like Halo online best

I was not talking about the series/developers not producing games anymore, this is a prediction based on certian factors.

This is not about MW2 being dead. This is about the future of COD, not past releases.

Never said it sucked, I was also not into the hype since I never thought I would be getting the game in the first place.

I never said they were bad, but Infinity Ward made the better CODs.

We don't know about 343 yet until they release their first game, but who knows, 343 might kill halo, but at this point in time we have no way of knowing.

Yes I agree that Halo online it better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What killed Call of Duty   What killed Call of Duty EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 12:10 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Wait, I liked the Treyarch CoD's better than IW's

It is a matter of opinion.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: What killed Call of Duty   What killed Call of Duty EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 12:37 pm

Ezekiel 703 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:

I was not talking about the series/developers not producing games anymore, this is a prediction based on certian factors.

This is not about MW2 being dead. This is about the future of COD, not past releases.

Never said it sucked, I was also not into the hype since I never thought I would be getting the game in the first place.

I never said they were bad, but Infinity Ward made the better CODs.

We don't know about 343 yet until they release their first game, but who knows, 343 might kill halo, but at this point in time we have no way of knowing.

Yes I agree that Halo online it better.

Titles of the thread is saying "What killed Call of Duty" which pretty much indicates that your saying its dead.

Who knows what the future of COD will be.I think it has many more years yet.thugh anything can happen

Treyarch make better CODs

I do doubt 343 will kill Halo.If 343 was a very new team that havnt helped create a Halo before,then yes,it is possible it would kill Halo.But 343 are made of ex bungie employees so im sure they know what they are doing.Plus not to mention 343 will be highly funded by Microsoft

Halo 4 LIFE
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: What killed Call of Duty   What killed Call of Duty EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 1:39 pm

LMAO!!!! Activision actually expect people to pay just to play their online? And a monthly fee at that!! FUCK OFF!!

Well done Microsoft, entering in a partnership with a company that everyone hates. I hope the new COD flops big time and Robert Kotick gets the sack. Mad
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: What killed Call of Duty   What killed Call of Duty EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 1:45 pm

LOL! Fail.
If my mw2 disk wasn't scratched so badly I would trade it in for Battlefield Bad Company 2 Sad
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire

PostSubject: Re: What killed Call of Duty   What killed Call of Duty EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 2:02 pm

HellJumper wrote:
Titles of the thread is saying "What killed Call of Duty" which pretty much indicates that your saying its dead.

Who knows what the future of COD will be.I think it has many more years yet.thugh anything can happen

Treyarch make better CODs

I do doubt 343 will kill Halo.If 343 was a very new team that havnt helped create a Halo before,then yes,it is possible it would kill Halo.But 343 are made of ex bungie employees so im sure they know what they are doing.Plus not to mention 343 will be highly funded by Microsoft

Halo 4 LIFE

Excuse the error then.

At this rate I am not so sure, I sure as hell am not paying extra for online, at least, not for a game I don't have the highest regard for.

It is a matter of opinion.

Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: What killed Call of Duty   What killed Call of Duty EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 7:50 pm

Wait a minute...Infinity Ward just made MW2 who everybody freaking hates and ripped upon, but then act all sad and aggressive towards Activision for fucking them over when in fact it was Infinity Ward which are responsible for Call of Duty's shittyness?

Logically thinking about it, Trey Arch is the better developer. 1. Because they don't make the online terrible frustrated and controlled by killstreaks, and 2. They made Nazi Zombies.

And people say shit about a monthly fee, yet looking on Google, I found nothing that says Black Ops has a monthly fee. Could somebody give me a link to this?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What killed Call of Duty   What killed Call of Duty EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 12:07 am

BlackStigma wrote:
Wait a minute...Infinity Ward just made MW2 who everybody freaking hates and ripped upon, but then act all sad and aggressive towards Activision for fucking them over when in fact it was Infinity Ward which are responsible for Call of Duty's shittyness?

Logically thinking about it, Trey Arch is the better developer. 1. Because they don't make the online terrible frustrated and controlled by killstreaks, and 2. They made Nazi Zombies.

And people say shit about a monthly fee, yet looking on Google, I found nothing that says Black Ops has a monthly fee. Could somebody give me a link to this?

Got it from here.