This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

GEARS OF WAR 3 TO HAVE NATAL SUPPORT!

Go down 
+6
raspymanic1
toxicavenger778
rachet2240
343_Guilty_Spark
Spartan v07
DemonWolf
10 posters
AuthorMessage
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

GEARS OF WAR 3 TO HAVE NATAL SUPPORT! Empty
PostSubject: GEARS OF WAR 3 TO HAVE NATAL SUPPORT!   GEARS OF WAR 3 TO HAVE NATAL SUPPORT! EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 8:14 am

Mark Rein is the head honcho of Epic Games, so when the man speaks people listen. The studio is home to titles like the Gears of War franchise and Unreal Tournament, two of the biggest names in the industry. According to Mark, even those titles will have Natal functionality, Speaking to XOM, mark said:

We're just sitting down with [Natal] in the next two weeks, I think, to bring our studio guys in to have a look," Rein said.

On Gears of War, his answer was rather intriguing:

"I have no idea where we're going from a game standpoint, but from an engine standpoint, it's definitely cool stuff and we will support it. I think any future Xbox games we make will have some Natal support," he said. "We always want to have something that exploits the unique capabilities of a platform."

"I think everyone will do something that exploits Natal once it's out there and everyone has," Rein voiced. "So will people be able to benefit from it? Yes. And then if they want to make that 'oh my god' really cool Natal experience, well, we've got the engine for that. I'm pretty psyched about it."

http://gamesthirstarticles.blogspot.com/2009/10/mark-rein-is-head-honcho-of-epic-games.html?showComment=1255098960753#c6222713160585927730
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Spartan v07
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: GEARS OF WAR 3 TO HAVE NATAL SUPPORT!   GEARS OF WAR 3 TO HAVE NATAL SUPPORT! EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 1:27 pm

shits gay,also i don't think gears 3 will release this gen.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: GEARS OF WAR 3 TO HAVE NATAL SUPPORT!   GEARS OF WAR 3 TO HAVE NATAL SUPPORT! EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 4:20 pm

Spartan v07 wrote:

I think it will. It was always planed as a trilogy on the Unreal 3 engine and the next gen will use the Unreal 4 engine. Gears of War three will come out this gen and a new trilogy will debut with the Unreal 4 engine.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Spartan v07
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: GEARS OF WAR 3 TO HAVE NATAL SUPPORT!   GEARS OF WAR 3 TO HAVE NATAL SUPPORT! EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 4:34 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Spartan v07 wrote:

I think it will. It was always planed as a trilogy on the Unreal 3 engine and the next gen will use the Unreal 4 engine. Gears of War three will come out this gen and a new trilogy will debut with the Unreal 4 engine.

It wasn't a trilogy. Mark rein said final fantasy is fine so why not his series in an interview. That confirms gears 4,etc. I hope they don't make one too because i don't want the franchise to get tired and come out every 2 years. Give it a long break like Halo>Halo 2>Halo 3.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: GEARS OF WAR 3 TO HAVE NATAL SUPPORT!   GEARS OF WAR 3 TO HAVE NATAL SUPPORT! EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 4:39 pm

Spartan v07 wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Spartan v07 wrote:

It wasn't a trilogy. Mark rein said final fantasy is fine so why not his series in an interview. That confirms gears 4,etc. I hope they don't make one too because i don't want the franchise to get tired and come out every 2 years. Give it a long break like Halo>Halo 2>Halo 3.

The gap between Halo games was 2 or 3 years.

So long as the games kick ass I don't see any reason to wait longer than it takes to pump them out.

I honestly wish a new Halo game came out every year so I'd always have more Halo to look forward to and not have to wait. What I'm hoping for is more spin offs like ODST. In between main games spin offs would keep us satisfied and lower the pain of waiting.
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: GEARS OF WAR 3 TO HAVE NATAL SUPPORT!   GEARS OF WAR 3 TO HAVE NATAL SUPPORT! EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 4:48 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Spartan v07 wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Spartan v07 wrote:

The gap between Halo games was 2 or 3 years.

So long as the games kick ass I don't see any reason to wait longer than it takes to pump them out.

I honestly wish a new Halo game came out every year so I'd always have more Halo to look forward to and not have to wait. What I'm hoping for is more spin offs like ODST. In between main games spin offs would keep us satisfied and lower the pain of waiting.

To me i like waiting a while,i for some reason like anticipating a game for a long time. Also Gears 2 looks like it needed more time than 2 years with the bugs it shipped with. Spin offs like odst is fine since it's a smaller scale project.
Back to top Go down
rachet2240

PostSubject: Re: GEARS OF WAR 3 TO HAVE NATAL SUPPORT!   GEARS OF WAR 3 TO HAVE NATAL SUPPORT! EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 1:44 pm

i think that game might go multiplat
Back to top Go down
toxicavenger778
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
toxicavenger778

PostSubject: Re: GEARS OF WAR 3 TO HAVE NATAL SUPPORT!   GEARS OF WAR 3 TO HAVE NATAL SUPPORT! EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 1:59 pm

rachet2240 wrote:

I doubt it will
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/ToxicAvenger778
raspymanic1
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
raspymanic1

PostSubject: Re: GEARS OF WAR 3 TO HAVE NATAL SUPPORT!   GEARS OF WAR 3 TO HAVE NATAL SUPPORT! EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 2:09 pm

no way microsoft have publishing rights
Back to top Go down
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: GEARS OF WAR 3 TO HAVE NATAL SUPPORT!   GEARS OF WAR 3 TO HAVE NATAL SUPPORT! EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 5:18 pm

Imagine playing FPS with a controller and throwing grenades, or pointing out orders to enemies with your hands. AWESOME:)
Back to top Go down
rachet2240

PostSubject: Re: GEARS OF WAR 3 TO HAVE NATAL SUPPORT!   GEARS OF WAR 3 TO HAVE NATAL SUPPORT! EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 6:17 pm

ToxicAvenger778 wrote:
rachet2240 wrote:

I doubt it will
look at this link

https://www.youtube.com/user/thehiphopgamershow#p/u/13/VG2oRUfBZOQ 7.40 to 8.50

looks like it might go multiplat
Back to top Go down
toxicavenger778
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
toxicavenger778

PostSubject: Re: GEARS OF WAR 3 TO HAVE NATAL SUPPORT!   GEARS OF WAR 3 TO HAVE NATAL SUPPORT! EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 6:27 pm

rachet2240 wrote:
ToxicAvenger778 wrote:
rachet2240 wrote:

I doubt it will
look at this link

It wont go multiplat.Microsoft has publishing rights
HipHopgamer is an idiot PS3 fanboy
This guy also thinks GTA5 will be PS Exclusive come on?
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: GEARS OF WAR 3 TO HAVE NATAL SUPPORT!   GEARS OF WAR 3 TO HAVE NATAL SUPPORT! EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 6:40 pm

ToxicAvenger778 wrote:
rachet2240 wrote:
ToxicAvenger778 wrote:
rachet2240 wrote:

I doubt it will
look at this link

You're right about everything except GTA 5.
I read that they may just make it for ps3 due to blu ray.
If this happens, we need to write petitions. Not a dumb petition where we beg exclusives not to turn cross plats lol but to in fact turn this possible exclusive into a cross plat.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
toxicavenger778
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
toxicavenger778

PostSubject: Re: GEARS OF WAR 3 TO HAVE NATAL SUPPORT!   GEARS OF WAR 3 TO HAVE NATAL SUPPORT! EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 6:47 pm

pspvampire wrote:
ToxicAvenger778 wrote:
rachet2240 wrote:
ToxicAvenger778 wrote:
rachet2240 wrote:

I doubt it will
look at this link

You're right about everything except GTA 5.
I read that they may just make it for ps3 due to blu ray.
If this happens, we need to write petitions. Not a dumb petition where we beg exclusives not to turn cross plats lol but to in fact turn this possible exclusive into a cross plat.

From a business point of view it would be a terrible move considering how much money they would lose.This is why i just cant see it happening
Back to top Go down
i7Crisisx
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
i7Crisisx

PostSubject: Re: GEARS OF WAR 3 TO HAVE NATAL SUPPORT!   GEARS OF WAR 3 TO HAVE NATAL SUPPORT! EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 4:40 pm

I don't know how much functionality Gears will have with Natal, but they did mention the Unreal Engine being the "Unofficial engine of Natal" so, I am sure it will involve some form of motion control.

Also, Gears 3 will come out with gen. They are expecting the 360 to last another 4-5 years IIRC. Making us wait that long for a sequel would be ridiculous. I'm guessing we will heard about it at E3 next year, with a release set for fall 2011. Or something of the sort.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: GEARS OF WAR 3 TO HAVE NATAL SUPPORT!   GEARS OF WAR 3 TO HAVE NATAL SUPPORT! EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 5:09 pm

I cant wait till Gears 3.Loved the 2nd.I think itll come this gen.
Back to top Go down
nr1012
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: GEARS OF WAR 3 TO HAVE NATAL SUPPORT!   GEARS OF WAR 3 TO HAVE NATAL SUPPORT! EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 12:53 am

Well, Resistance 3 is coming out in 2011 so Gears of War 3 will come out in 2011. They always go head to head.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: GEARS OF WAR 3 TO HAVE NATAL SUPPORT!   GEARS OF WAR 3 TO HAVE NATAL SUPPORT! EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 2:09 am

i7Crisisx wrote:
I don't know how much functionality Gears will have with Natal, but they did mention the Unreal Engine being the "Unofficial engine of Natal" so, I am sure it will involve some form of motion control.

Also, Gears 3 will come out with gen. They are expecting the 360 to last another 4-5 years IIRC. Making us wait that long for a sequel would be ridiculous. I'm guessing we will heard about it at E3 next year, with a release set for fall 2011. Or something of the sort.

Nah, I think they already have it about 75% finished and planed for a 2010 Fall release. That's about as much time as they took between Gear 1 and 2. Now if they get ambitions and have decided to go much bigger and better with Gears 3 than you could be right and it might come out in Fall 2011, and the advantage to that would be they wouldn't compete with Halo Reach. I think the two studios don't like stepping on each other's toes.

So, you might be right, but if it comes out in 2011 instead of 2010 then the game will be twice as big as the previous games if not more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GEARS OF WAR 3 TO HAVE NATAL SUPPORT!   GEARS OF WAR 3 TO HAVE NATAL SUPPORT! Empty

Back to top Go down

GEARS OF WAR 3 TO HAVE NATAL SUPPORT!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: The Games-
Jump to: