This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Xbox Live "brainwashes people"

Go down 
+2
Freemon34'
Stoney
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

Xbox Live "brainwashes people" Empty
PostSubject: Xbox Live "brainwashes people"   Xbox Live "brainwashes people" EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 8:18 pm

Why do N4G but these articles on their site? Seriously.

http://n4g.com/news/558990/xbox-live-has-gamers-brainwashed

For only $49.99 you can join throngs of zombies on Xbox Live or you could get a get a return on your investment with PlayStation Plus. I know what you’re thinking. Oh brother…another PS3 fanboy post. Granted, I prefer the PS3 over my 360 but I also prefer common sense over irrationality.

Millions of users love Xbox Live and with good reason; however, love alone does not excuse paying for over 80% of features available elsewhere for FREE. With the exception of Xbox Live Primetime, Cross Game Chat, True Skill, and Live Anywhere, Xbox Live features are ridiculously unnecessary.

While the party system is convenient, it is hard to justify paying $49.99 to play unranked games with my friends which in most cases negates the True Skill feature. Custom soundtracks and a handful of other features can easily be put into games by developers. Netflix, Hulu, ESPN, Last.fm, Twitter, and Facebook are all available free elsewhere and do nothing to add to gaming. While on the PSN, Facebook is integrated with the Trophy system and the PlayStation Store….once gain…for FREE.

So what are Xbox Live patrons really paying for? In truth…a reason to keep using the Xbox 360.

While gamers pay for the right to play online with Microsoft, Sony has released a program which does not force you to pay for basic online gaming. Instead they give users special beta invites, automatic patch downloading, free games, and free downloadable content–all of this is specifically used to entice and reward you to play on the PS3.

Sony does not spend a whole lot of time integrating things into the XMB unless it adds to your gaming or their store. That is exactly why Netflix requires a disc and why Hulu+ won’t be a “custom experience.” Because of Sony’s approach, the XMB is clean, efficient, and prominently focused on gaming. When coupled with PlayStation.Blog Share, it is easy to see just how much the PSN and PlayStation Plus can grow.

So when gamers say Xbox Live is better than PlayStation Plus or that PlayStation Plus is not worth it, ask them why the hell they bought a gaming console in the first place? To play music, watch ESPN, and talk on Twitter? Or perhaps they bought it to play games.

Which do you think is more valuable to a gamer…Xbox Live or PSN with PlayStation Plus? Do you subscribe to one or both? Why?
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Master Chief Petty Officer
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Live "brainwashes people"   Xbox Live "brainwashes people" EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 8:21 pm

Isn't N4G open to everyone? So random fanboys can post random fanboy BS on there at will?

I honestly can't answer my question because I use IGN's Daily fix and VG247.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Live "brainwashes people"   Xbox Live "brainwashes people" EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 8:23 pm

its as if they never heard of LIVE offering free stuff and discounts.............
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
Spartan v07
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Live "brainwashes people"   Xbox Live "brainwashes people" EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 8:27 pm

lol a ps3rd fag in denial. psn is garbage, xl is more than just party chat,game invites. its universal features across the board. every game has chat,game invites,party and true skill. also servers arent separate.xbl is light years ahead of psn,psn is not even on the original xbox live[2002] level/
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Live "brainwashes people"   Xbox Live "brainwashes people" EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 8:28 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:
its as if they never heard of LIVE offering free stuff and discounts.............
The free $10 2 year old game, that almost everyone with PS+ already has, brainwashes them. lol. BTW, this week PS+ is giving away Rally Cross from the PS1!!! LMAO!!! XD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Live "brainwashes people"   Xbox Live "brainwashes people" EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 8:32 pm

Hmm....social networking is a bad thing I guess. Those PS3 fanboys would rather be secluded to themselves instead of interacting with real people or god forbid make friends.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Live "brainwashes people"   Xbox Live "brainwashes people" EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 8:34 pm

This isnt really about some idiot posting about how Xbox Live is'nt worth it yet PSN + is , its about how a professional gaming site, N4G (News 4 Gamers), are puting this sort of stuff up their site.

Whether it be a troll article on the 360 or a troll article on the PS3.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Live "brainwashes people"   Xbox Live "brainwashes people" EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 8:35 pm

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
This isnt really about some idiot posting about how Xbox Live is'nt worth it yet PSN + is , its about how a professional gaming site, N4G (News 4 Gamers), are puting this sort of stuff up their site.

Whether it be a troll article on the 360 or a troll article on the PS3.

News 4 Fanboys is more like it...
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Live "brainwashes people"   Xbox Live "brainwashes people" EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 8:37 pm

I'm going to go make a website called N4F.com lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Live "brainwashes people"   Xbox Live "brainwashes people" EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 8:39 pm

Freemon34-YT wrote:
I'm going to go make a website called N4F.com lol

WIN! well, or fail, but WIN! lol
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Live "brainwashes people"   Xbox Live "brainwashes people" EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 6:16 am

Lol! I like how he says psn features are only about gaming. That's the reason most of us prefer 360 as a system overall. We got more games and they got blu ray.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Live "brainwashes people"   Xbox Live "brainwashes people" EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 11:43 am

demondragondude wrote:
Lol! I like how he says psn features are only about gaming. That's the reason most of us prefer 360 as a system overall. We got more games and they got blu ray.

Exactly! They got a media player, we have a games.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Live "brainwashes people"   Xbox Live "brainwashes people" EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 9:57 am

N4G Is overrun by PS3 fanboys who submit opinion pieces that bash the 360 or praise the PS3 as news. N4G approves these "articles" because they know they will get hits since there are way more PS3 fanboys on the internet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Xbox Live "brainwashes people"   Xbox Live "brainwashes people" Empty

Back to top Go down

Xbox Live "brainwashes people"
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: 360 vs PS3-
Jump to: