This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What is up with the PC Gaming hate?

Go down 
+3
ghost23
Stoney
ZeInFormer
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ZeInFormer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

What is up with the PC Gaming hate? Empty
PostSubject: What is up with the PC Gaming hate?   What is up with the PC Gaming hate? EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 5:07 am

Seriously? PC gaming is just as good as console gaming. There are some very great games you can play on your PC and most of them don't really require a strong computer to run it. Don't listen to the PC elitists, they're just retards and a bunch immature losers who are probably in their 20-30s with a mentality of a child. I'm a PC gamer and there's a difference between a PC gamer and an elitist. You guys should really try out games like Diablo, Warcraft, Starcraft, Half-Life, mostly the old games from the 90s. Also if you were an FPS gamer back in the 90s, PC was the way to go because weather its keyboard/mouse or just plain keyboard, they were better than the controllers on consoles for its time. Yes, by today's standards, controllers are more reactive and more comfortable. (thanks to the Halo series for popularizing great controls).

Personally, I don't think PC gaming is as enjoyable like it was, but I still play it though, it's not like I've been "consolized." To me, it's just the games in general and consoles are pretty much up to par with PC gaming. For example, back in the 90s, there were probably no way to play the AVP games on PC on a console, but now you can. Yes, PC can have better graphics and frame-rate, but what's the point, if graphics are slightly better and I don't really care about FPS. As long it's 30 or 60, I'm cool. I'm not trying to like myself play L4D on 100 FPS or something like that. Games like LBP and Modnation Racers, makes me think in the future, consoles will have access to mods. Even though I'm not fan of mods, but just to let you know. It's because it feels very awkward if you're used to playing the game how the developers intended to create. There's only a very few mods I enjoy, but trust me, I'm pretty much careless when it comes to them. Basically, I think PC gaming is kind of dead, but it's not like completely dead, I'm looking forward to the new Blizzard games and there are indie titles I enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: What is up with the PC Gaming hate?   What is up with the PC Gaming hate? EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 8:13 am

I may have mixed up my words when I posted an article about PC gaming. I was refering to PC fanboys only. My bad.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: What is up with the PC Gaming hate?   What is up with the PC Gaming hate? EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 8:15 am

Well there was that crazy PC fanboy that was here a few days ago starting a lot of flame wars.
And its generally the arrogance of PC fanboys who think they are so superior to everyone else.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: What is up with the PC Gaming hate?   What is up with the PC Gaming hate? EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 9:45 am

I dont like PC gaming that much but the only thing I hate is PC fanboy arrogance and elitism.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is up with the PC Gaming hate?   What is up with the PC Gaming hate? EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 11:53 am

I like pieces for RTS's. Thats about it, but other than that I just hate that stupid PC fanboy elitism!
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: What is up with the PC Gaming hate?   What is up with the PC Gaming hate? EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 5:53 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
I like pieces for RTS's. Thats about it, but other than that I just hate that stupid PC fanboy elitism!

PC Elitists. Other than that, l wouldn't like having RTS and MMO's as my only exclusives. I don't like RTS and most MMO's charge you a monthly fee. You'd spend about $180 on ONE year of WOW spending all your time grinding or farming for pretend money.

Also, I've made a thread before on this forum about PC not having split-screen. I'd much rather prefer with 3 of my hombres on the couch rather than trashtalking online behind fakenames. I prefer REAL interaction.

There's only a few PC games I like and all of them are really old.

Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: What is up with the PC Gaming hate?   What is up with the PC Gaming hate? EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 6:31 pm

Pc gaming's great. I have nothing against gaming on pc. Though, that being said, I prefer consoles by a mile.

Reasons:

Price - Buy a console, you're settled. No graphics card updates or anything.
Games - Meh, I'm not the biggest rts fan ever and there's an ever expanding library of those on pc and seem to be more games that interest me on 360 and consoles in general (though I do miss those good old point n' click games)
Compatibility - Okay, you've upgraded your pc to play the latest and best looking games. Good, they work and...oh shit, your old favourites can now no longer be played!
Convenience - Installs, installs, more installs, installs. Greaaatt fun. Ooh the install's finished. I'm gonna play my game now. Oh shit I've got a virus! Now I can't launch the game.

Get my point?
I think pc gaming in general is great. At best, it's better than console gaming but the fact is it isn't a console. I feel that even gaming pc's don't feel like they're built for gaming. :/
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: What is up with the PC Gaming hate?   What is up with the PC Gaming hate? EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 6:32 pm

Oh and come on, who doesn't like pissing off the PC fanboys Razz

"Teh master race of PEE SEE shall dominate and rooool the wurld!!!"
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: What is up with the PC Gaming hate?   What is up with the PC Gaming hate? EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 10:19 pm

demondragondude wrote:
Pc gaming's great. I have nothing against gaming on pc. Though, that being said, I prefer consoles by a mile.

Reasons:

Games - Meh, I'm not the biggest rts fan ever and there's an ever expanding library of those on pc and seem to be more games that interest me on 360 and consoles in general (though I do miss those good old point n' click games)
Compatibility - Okay, you've upgraded your pc to play the latest and best looking games. Good, they work and...oh shit, your old favourites can now no longer be played!
Convenience - Installs, installs, more installs, installs. Greaaatt fun. Ooh the install's finished. I'm gonna play my game now. Oh shit I've got a virus! Now I can't launch the game.

Get my point?
I think pc gaming in general is great. At best, it's better than console gaming but the fact is it isn't a console. I feel that even gaming pc's don't feel like they're built for gaming. :/

QFT. Console gaming is just so much more convenient and the graphical difference between console games and their PC port isn't really that big anymore. I can barely tell the difference between ME2 360 and PC.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: What is up with the PC Gaming hate?   What is up with the PC Gaming hate? EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 10:48 pm

ghost23 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:

Reasons:

Get my point?

QFT. Console gaming is just so much more convenient and the graphical difference between console games and their PC port isn't really that big anymore. I can barely tell the difference between ME2 360 and PC.

Or Uncharted 2 and Crysis.

Amirite gaiz?

*gets shot*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is up with the PC Gaming hate?   What is up with the PC Gaming hate? EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 11:07 pm

Pickles wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

PC Elitists. Other than that, l wouldn't like having RTS and MMO's as my only exclusives. I don't like RTS and most MMO's charge you a monthly fee. You'd spend about $180 on ONE year of WOW spending all your time grinding or farming for pretend money.

Also, I've made a thread before on this forum about PC not having split-screen. I'd much rather prefer with 3 of my hombres on the couch rather than trashtalking online behind fakenames. I prefer REAL interaction.

There's only a few PC games I like and all of them are really old.

Agreed, I love some of the older games like Counter Strike and Half Life (well not real old but older), but I never got into MMO's. But I love RTS's Very Happy Stronghold Crusader FTW!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is up with the PC Gaming hate?   What is up with the PC Gaming hate? EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 11:09 pm

demondragondude wrote:

Reasons:

Get my point?

I like consoles better by 2 miles so HA! Lol anyways, and they always say "well PC has way better graphics" but I'll take sitting on my couch with a good buddy of mine playing Halo on my 360 over a slight graphical improvement.
Back to top Go down
xjosh360s
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
xjosh360s

PostSubject: Re: What is up with the PC Gaming hate?   What is up with the PC Gaming hate? EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 9:57 pm

pc and xbox all the way
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is up with the PC Gaming hate?   What is up with the PC Gaming hate? Empty

Back to top Go down

What is up with the PC Gaming hate?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Other Platforms :: PC Gaming-
Jump to: