This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Microsoft should buy the Bullet Witch franchise to boost Japan sales

Go down 
+4
Pickles
Freemon34'
ghost23
ZeInFormer
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ZeInFormer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

Microsoft should buy the Bullet Witch franchise to boost Japan sales Empty
PostSubject: Microsoft should buy the Bullet Witch franchise to boost Japan sales   Microsoft should buy the Bullet Witch franchise to boost Japan sales EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 5:39 am

From this:
http://forums.xbox.com/31869819/ShowPost.aspx

This person got a very good idea. Despite of the bad reviews this game got, it actually sold pretty well in Japan and it's pretty popular believe it or not. I think MS should really publish the sequel and give the developer the amount of money to make it look more like a modern game instead of a low-budget title. This would boost sales in Japan if MS wants more sales in that country.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft should buy the Bullet Witch franchise to boost Japan sales   Microsoft should buy the Bullet Witch franchise to boost Japan sales EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 8:14 am

I think Microsoft has just about given up on Japan, cause in reality, they're never going to beat Sony or Nintendo in Japan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft should buy the Bullet Witch franchise to boost Japan sales   Microsoft should buy the Bullet Witch franchise to boost Japan sales EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 11:52 am

ghost23 wrote:
I think Microsoft has just about given up on Japan, cause in reality, they're never going to beat Sony or Nintendo in Japan.

This is truth.
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Master Chief Petty Officer
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft should buy the Bullet Witch franchise to boost Japan sales   Microsoft should buy the Bullet Witch franchise to boost Japan sales EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 2:53 pm

Yeah, their last ditch effort in japan was the release of Monster Hunter Frontier Online last month.
Back to top Go down
ZeInFormer

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft should buy the Bullet Witch franchise to boost Japan sales   Microsoft should buy the Bullet Witch franchise to boost Japan sales EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 7:54 pm

ghost23 wrote:
Yeah, you're pretty much right.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft should buy the Bullet Witch franchise to boost Japan sales   Microsoft should buy the Bullet Witch franchise to boost Japan sales EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 2:42 am

ghost23 wrote:

I don't think they're gonna give up on Japan. They got a somewhat good response at the Tokyo Game Show last year. Why would they give up if it would mean for money for them?

Anyway, I've always wanted to try Bulletwitch. I know it got bad reviews but something about the game seems sort of charming. It's like those Army Men games that I used to play on the PS1. They weren't well received but the cutscenes were hilarious and kind reminded me of the Small Soldiers movie.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft should buy the Bullet Witch franchise to boost Japan sales   Microsoft should buy the Bullet Witch franchise to boost Japan sales EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 3:31 am

Pickles wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

I don't think they're gonna give up on Japan. They got a somewhat good response at the Tokyo Game Show last year. Why would they give up if it would mean for money for them?

Anyway, I've always wanted to try Bulletwitch. I know it got bad reviews but something about the game seems sort of charming. It's like those Army Men games that I used to play on the PS1. They weren't well received but the cutscenes were hilarious and kind reminded me of the Small Soldiers movie.

Because the Japanese gaming audience doesn't play games like we do. They don't play Halo, Gears of War, Uncharted, Mass Effect. They have their own genre of games which they enjoy and there really isn't any incentive for Microsoft to make those games because all their developers are Western and the install base of the 360 there is too small relative to the PS3 and DS for them to make any sort of profit.
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft should buy the Bullet Witch franchise to boost Japan sales   Microsoft should buy the Bullet Witch franchise to boost Japan sales EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 9:16 am

Even though Microsoft is not doing well in Japan and they would probably not do this, they should buy CAVE. Right now, they only port their games to the 360 (With a few exceptions). Sony or Nintendo may be leading in Japan but Microsoft is leading in the shmup section.
Back to top Go down
Ozsem

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft should buy the Bullet Witch franchise to boost Japan sales   Microsoft should buy the Bullet Witch franchise to boost Japan sales EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 10:55 am

ghost23 wrote:

Saying that they have outselled the PS3 once or twice a week.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft should buy the Bullet Witch franchise to boost Japan sales   Microsoft should buy the Bullet Witch franchise to boost Japan sales EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 3:15 pm

Bullet Witch wouldn't get them far. They need exclusives that are high quality and aimed towards a Japanese Audience. They should try getting some SMT exclusives from Atlus. Or buy out the whole company...then they'd be set in Japan forever. Although that's pretty unlikely.
Back to top Go down
ZeInFormer

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft should buy the Bullet Witch franchise to boost Japan sales   Microsoft should buy the Bullet Witch franchise to boost Japan sales EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 12:09 am

Pickles wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

Try to order it on Amazon for cheap prices. You can read my review and see how I liked the game. It's actually one of my fav 360 games.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft should buy the Bullet Witch franchise to boost Japan sales   Microsoft should buy the Bullet Witch franchise to boost Japan sales EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 2:30 pm

ghost23 wrote:
Pickles wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

Because the Japanese gaming audience doesn't play games like we do. They don't play Halo, Gears of War, Uncharted, Mass Effect. They have their own genre of games which they enjoy and there really isn't any incentive for Microsoft to make those games because all their developers are Western and the install base of the 360 there is too small relative to the PS3 and DS for them to make any sort of profit.

*cough*Mistwalker*cough*
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft should buy the Bullet Witch franchise to boost Japan sales   Microsoft should buy the Bullet Witch franchise to boost Japan sales EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 4:57 pm

ghost23 wrote:
Pickles wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

Surprisingly lots of Halo's fanbase is from asia(including Japan)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft should buy the Bullet Witch franchise to boost Japan sales   Microsoft should buy the Bullet Witch franchise to boost Japan sales EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 5:00 pm

HellJumper wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Pickles wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

Surprisingly lots of Halo's fanbase is from asia(including Japan)

Yeah Bungie even said it themselves when they went out there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft should buy the Bullet Witch franchise to boost Japan sales   Microsoft should buy the Bullet Witch franchise to boost Japan sales Empty

Back to top Go down

Microsoft should buy the Bullet Witch franchise to boost Japan sales
Page 1 of 1