This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

M$

Go down 
+6
DemonWolf
Pickles
ghost23
Arbiteris
daveMastaKill
optimusprime
10 posters
AuthorMessage
optimusprime
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer
optimusprime

M$ Empty
PostSubject: M$   M$ EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 12:48 pm

While i have no ties to Microsoft or even like them, I just like their console, why do people label them "M$"?

What do you think Sony do to get exclusive deals? Offer coffee and cake? Laughing

I'm starting a YouTube channel next week, with a few guests (ones a sexy female Shocked ) and its going
to be about gaming in general not just 360, although you can bet penis3 fanboys will complain when
they see a couple of things especially Playstation minus sorry plus

Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

M$ Empty
PostSubject: Re: M$   M$ EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 1:19 pm

Microsoft takes is market very serious.

In terms of gaming i don't mind. Like you, i also like the console and the deals like the one with GTA IV are great for XB360 owners.

The other side is the PC world like Explorer and Windows and shit like that. They have like what? Almost all of the market? They fought a bunch of legal wars against other companies and stuff. People fear that Microsoft can suffocate the PC industry and not let other companies expand.

In the end i dunno and i don't honestly' care. Its not my deparment. Had Windows all my life and never really had any big problems. I don't like Macs very much.

Either way, read this if you care:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_litigation

Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

M$ Empty
PostSubject: Re: M$   M$ EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 1:22 pm

I just put M$ cuz i'm used to. Its what most of the people does, XB360 fanboys or not. Just following tradition.
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

M$ Empty
PostSubject: Re: M$   M$ EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 1:25 pm

In the end is not that Sony is running a charity or anything. They also want money.
The thing is that the market Sony makes bussiness is way more competitive.

Music, Movies, Videogames, TV's and the list goes on and on.
Back to top Go down

M$ Empty
PostSubject: Re: M$   M$ EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 2:26 pm

I like MS's console. I dont mind Microsoft, but they arent my favorite company.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Arbiteris

M$ Empty
PostSubject: Re: M$   M$ EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 5:54 pm

Nintendo is my favorite company.But I like MS more than Sony.Sony always just make a fool of themselves.
Back to top Go down

M$ Empty
PostSubject: Re: M$   M$ EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 6:23 pm

HellJumper wrote:
Nintendo is my favorite company.But I like MS more than Sony.Sony always just make a fool of themselves.

Nintendo FTW!!!
Back to top Go down
ghost23

M$ Empty
PostSubject: Re: M$   M$ EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 7:54 pm

People use the "$" in M$ to symbolise their greed. But they have gotten a lot better over the past few years.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

M$ Empty
PostSubject: Re: M$   M$ EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 2:11 am

ghost23 wrote:
People use the "$" in M$ to symbolise their greed. But they have gotten a lot better over the past few years.

This. Yet, people don't realize that every corporation is greedy.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

M$ Empty
PostSubject: Re: M$   M$ EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 4:25 am

$ony
charge loads for ps3 to get features like blu ray which few
gamers want
charging for psn plus which is still inferior to xbl
.. That's all I can think of right now
Micro$oft on the other hand I can go on forever about. I guess they got labled that because of that
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Frank2368
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Frank2368

M$ Empty
PostSubject: Re: M$   M$ EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 12:29 pm

Sony creates tons more revenue than MS yearly. It's a misconception that Microsoft is rich because Bill Gates was once the richest man on Earth.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

M$ Empty
PostSubject: Re: M$   M$ EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 12:37 pm

The XBL fees are what gives Microsoft the money to pay off the bandwidth costs for XBL and to manage a stable online service. It also gets us cool features like Cross Game Chat and voice messaging because of the extra bandwidth.

What's Sony's motive to bring every feature that XBL has to PSN? Nothing unless they make people pay for those features.
Back to top Go down

M$ Empty
PostSubject: Re: M$   M$ EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 12:55 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
The XBL fees are what gives Microsoft the money to pay off the bandwidth costs for XBL and to manage a stable online service. It also gets us cool features like Cross Game Chat and voice messaging because of the extra bandwidth.

What's Sony's motive to bring every feature that XBL has to PSN? Nothing unless they make people pay for those features.

Exactly, and we pay for better servers for updates and downloads. Thats why updates are so quick on XBL and so slow on PSN.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

M$ Empty
PostSubject: Re: M$   M$ EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 12:56 pm

Frank2368 wrote:
Sony creates tons more revenue than MS yearly. It's a misconception that Microsoft is rich because Bill Gates was once the richest man on Earth.

$30 billion more according to Wikipedia. But it also has MS operating income at 20.3 Billion and Sonys at only $342 million....Typo?
Back to top Go down

M$ Empty
PostSubject: Re: M$   M$ EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 12:58 pm

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
Frank2368 wrote:

$30 billion more according to Wikipedia. But it also has MS operating income at 20.3 Billion and Sonys at only $342 million....Typo?

Well Sony has their hands in a lot of industries, like computers, TV's, they own Universal or some studio like that, and a bunch of other electronics. I wouldnt doubt that Sony has more money.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

M$ Empty
PostSubject: Re: M$   M$ EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 1:02 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:
Frank2368 wrote:

Well Sony has their hands in a lot of industries, like computers, TV's, they own Universal or some studio like that, and a bunch of other electronics. I wouldnt doubt that Sony has more money.

Yeah it has to be some sort of typo. Considering they have a shit load of subsidiarys. And their music label is the second biggest in the world.
Back to top Go down

M$ Empty
PostSubject: Re: M$   M$ EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 1:06 pm

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:
Frank2368 wrote:

Yeah it has to be some sort of typo. Considering they have a shit load of subsidiarys. And their music label is the second biggest in the world.

Woops, didnt see the million, self fail Razz
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
Freemon34'

M$ Empty
PostSubject: Re: M$   M$ EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 6:11 pm

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:
Frank2368 wrote:

Isn't Columbia/Universal also the 2nd biggest film company in the world, behind 20th Century Fox?
Back to top Go down
ghost23

M$ Empty
PostSubject: Re: M$   M$ EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 10:11 pm

Microsoft only have a few core revenue earnings assets and those are Windows, Office and Entertainment devices such as XBOX 360, XBOX Live and Zune. Compared to the shitloads that Sony has.
Back to top Go down

M$ Empty
PostSubject: Re: M$   M$ EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 10:52 pm

ghost23 wrote:
Microsoft only have a few core revenue earnings assets and those are Windows, Office and Entertainment devices such as XBOX 360, XBOX Live and Zune. Compared to the shitloads that Sony has.

Yeah, Sony has their hand in pretty much every thing to do with electronics, from video games to film.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

M$ Empty
PostSubject: Re: M$   M$ Empty

Back to top Go down

M$
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: 360 vs PS3-
Jump to: