This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.



 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

 

 360 can handle mmos?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 27
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

360 can handle mmos? Empty
PostSubject: 360 can handle mmos?   360 can handle mmos? EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 5:25 am

Square enid recently said they would love to put the next final fantasy mmo (not versus) on xbox 360 but microsofts online limitations prevent them from doing so.
Well this leads us to believe 360 can't handle mmo's but is this true?

We've seen several mmos promised for 360: Apb, Huxley, Age of conan hyborian adventures, etc
So far none of them have made it to 360. Because it can't handle it? Or maybe 360 users aren't that interested in mmos?

I know for sure that what 360 is capable of is overlooked. Frontlines fuel of war was intended to have 30 player matches on 360 and 50 players on pc, probably because they assumed 360 couldn't run it with 49other people in the server, but then after a while they raised the player cap to 50 per server.

Maybe 360 can run more than mmo developers think. And maybe it's poor reception the reason mmos nevercome to xbox 360.

Well one things for sure and it's that The Secret World is announced for 360 and so please hype it up, show interest in it, send the link to lots of people and hopefully if it gets enough popularity amongst xbox players, it will have a release on our system.

Darkdaysarecoming.com

take the initiation test!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Blixtstorm
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
Blixtstorm

Posts : 2699
Join date : 2009-09-12
Age : 30
Location : Swēoþēod/Svíþjóð

360 can handle mmos? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 360 can handle mmos?   360 can handle mmos? EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 6:07 am

Sure it would... Its not like WoW sets any new benchmarks for the PC....

If the 360 can handle 24 or 16 Crysis characters in a deathmatch... Im sure it will ber able to render lower quality and more quantity of players.

A Free Avatar MMO would be great Razz With swords, dragons and princesses Razz lol

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 27
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

360 can handle mmos? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 360 can handle mmos?   360 can handle mmos? EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 6:18 am

Blixtstorm wrote:
Sure it would... Its not like WoW sets any new benchmarks for the PC....

If the 360 can handle 24 or 16 Crysis characters in a deathmatch... Im sure it will ber able to render lower quality and more quantity of players.

A Free Avatar MMO would be great Razz With swords, dragons and princesses Razz lol


Yeah true! lol

And actually there are quite a few avatar games out there Razz Not mmos but some cool ones like avatar paintball and avatar kung fu (indie games). Download the free trials!

Btw I just remembered that Monster Hunter is on 360 XD therefore it can handle mmos. lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Guest
Guest



360 can handle mmos? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 360 can handle mmos?   360 can handle mmos? EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 1:02 pm

360 can definetly handle MMO's, but in that other article you posted it showed that the reason LBP cant be on 360 is because MS's online restrictions. I have no doubt the 360 could technically handle an MMO
Back to top Go down
Doominator99
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class


Posts : 239
Join date : 2010-04-27

360 can handle mmos? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 360 can handle mmos?   360 can handle mmos? EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 10:05 am

it probably could but as far as i know the highest player cap on a 360 game is 24 it could go higher but dont MMOs like world of warcraft have 2000 players on each map or something like that
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 27
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

360 can handle mmos? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 360 can handle mmos?   360 can handle mmos? EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 10:10 am

Doominator99 wrote:
it probably could but as far as i know the highest player cap on a 360 game is 24 it could go higher but dont MMOs like world of warcraft have 2000 players on each map or something like that

Lol dude...
Quote :
I know for sure that what 360 is capable of is overlooked. Frontlines fuel of war was intended to have 30 player matches on 360 and 50 players on pc, probably because they assumed 360 couldn't run it with 49other people in the server, but then after a while they raised the player cap to 50 per server.

xD

And WoW doesn't have 2000 players on each map, it's got an enourmous universe but there's not a limit to how many can play online at any time.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Guest
Guest



360 can handle mmos? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 360 can handle mmos?   360 can handle mmos? EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 1:44 pm

MMO's are ehh anyway. There arent very many good ones.
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

Posts : 2259
Join date : 2010-01-28
Location : Canada

360 can handle mmos? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 360 can handle mmos?   360 can handle mmos? EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 1:47 pm

It can handle MMOs. It has Phantasy Star on there. I dont know what else though.
Back to top Go down
Doominator99
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class


Posts : 239
Join date : 2010-04-27

360 can handle mmos? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 360 can handle mmos?   360 can handle mmos? EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 2:43 pm

demondragondude wrote:
Doominator99 wrote:
it probably could but as far as i know the highest player cap on a 360 game is 24 it could go higher but dont MMOs like world of warcraft have 2000 players on each map or something like that

Lol dude...
Quote :
I know for sure that what 360 is capable of is overlooked. Frontlines fuel of war was intended to have 30 player matches on 360 and 50 players on pc, probably because they assumed 360 couldn't run it with 49other people in the server, but then after a while they raised the player cap to 50 per server.

xD

And WoW doesn't have 2000 players on each map, it's got an enourmous universe but there's not a limit to how many can play online at any time.

But what if the unlimited ammount of players go to the same place? how could the servers handle it?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



360 can handle mmos? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 360 can handle mmos?   360 can handle mmos? EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 4:00 pm

Doominator99 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Doominator99 wrote:
it probably could but as far as i know the highest player cap on a 360 game is 24 it could go higher but dont MMOs like world of warcraft have 2000 players on each map or something like that

Lol dude...
Quote :
I know for sure that what 360 is capable of is overlooked. Frontlines fuel of war was intended to have 30 player matches on 360 and 50 players on pc, probably because they assumed 360 couldn't run it with 49other people in the server, but then after a while they raised the player cap to 50 per server.

xD

And WoW doesn't have 2000 players on each map, it's got an enourmous universe but there's not a limit to how many can play online at any time.

But what if the unlimited ammount of players go to the same place? how could the servers handle it?

There are different servers for each amount of people. For every 2000 people there is a server.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 27
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

360 can handle mmos? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 360 can handle mmos?   360 can handle mmos? EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 6:50 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Doominator99 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Doominator99 wrote:
it probably could but as far as i know the highest player cap on a 360 game is 24 it could go higher but dont MMOs like world of warcraft have 2000 players on each map or something like that

Lol dude...
Quote :
I know for sure that what 360 is capable of is overlooked. Frontlines fuel of war was intended to have 30 player matches on 360 and 50 players on pc, probably because they assumed 360 couldn't run it with 49other people in the server, but then after a while they raised the player cap to 50 per server.

xD

And WoW doesn't have 2000 players on each map, it's got an enourmous universe but there's not a limit to how many can play online at any time.

But what if the unlimited ammount of players go to the same place? how could the servers handle it?

There are different servers for each amount of people. For every 2000 people there is a server.

Oops I didn't know that.

But then how can friends join your server? Why aren't they put in some other server? Shocked
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Guest
Guest



360 can handle mmos? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 360 can handle mmos?   360 can handle mmos? EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 8:21 pm

demondragondude wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Doominator99 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Doominator99 wrote:
it probably could but as far as i know the highest player cap on a 360 game is 24 it could go higher but dont MMOs like world of warcraft have 2000 players on each map or something like that

Lol dude...
Quote :
I know for sure that what 360 is capable of is overlooked. Frontlines fuel of war was intended to have 30 player matches on 360 and 50 players on pc, probably because they assumed 360 couldn't run it with 49other people in the server, but then after a while they raised the player cap to 50 per server.

xD

And WoW doesn't have 2000 players on each map, it's got an enourmous universe but there's not a limit to how many can play online at any time.

But what if the unlimited ammount of players go to the same place? how could the servers handle it?

There are different servers for each amount of people. For every 2000 people there is a server.

Oops I didn't know that.

But then how can friends join your server? Why aren't they put in some other server? Shocked

If your server is full you are redirected to a non full server with your friends.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 27
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

360 can handle mmos? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 360 can handle mmos?   360 can handle mmos? EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 6:01 am

NoelX2 wrote:
It can handle MMOs. It has Phantasy Star on there. I dont know what else though.

Wut? Phantasy Star isn't an mmo is it?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 27
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

360 can handle mmos? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 360 can handle mmos?   360 can handle mmos? EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 6:01 am

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Doominator99 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Doominator99 wrote:
it probably could but as far as i know the highest player cap on a 360 game is 24 it could go higher but dont MMOs like world of warcraft have 2000 players on each map or something like that

Lol dude...
Quote :
I know for sure that what 360 is capable of is overlooked. Frontlines fuel of war was intended to have 30 player matches on 360 and 50 players on pc, probably because they assumed 360 couldn't run it with 49other people in the server, but then after a while they raised the player cap to 50 per server.

xD

And WoW doesn't have 2000 players on each map, it's got an enourmous universe but there's not a limit to how many can play online at any time.

But what if the unlimited ammount of players go to the same place? how could the servers handle it?

There are different servers for each amount of people. For every 2000 people there is a server.

Oops I didn't know that.

But then how can friends join your server? Why aren't they put in some other server? Shocked

If your server is full you are redirected to a non full server with your friends.

Well I never! :O
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Pein
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
Pein

Posts : 1984
Join date : 2010-01-12
Age : 25
Location : Amagakure

360 can handle mmos? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 360 can handle mmos?   360 can handle mmos? EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 10:21 am

the secret world is a mmo and is coming to the 360..so yah
Back to top Go down
xjosh360s
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
xjosh360s

Posts : 680
Join date : 2009-11-15
Location : Xbox HQ

360 can handle mmos? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 360 can handle mmos?   360 can handle mmos? EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 9:12 pm

mmorpg is the best genre ever thats why pc is superior to the consoles in my opinion but if theres mmorpgs on xbox that would be gaming heaven
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



360 can handle mmos? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 360 can handle mmos?   360 can handle mmos? EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 9:15 pm

xjosh360s wrote:
mmorpg is the best genre ever thats why pc is superior to the consoles in my opinion but if theres mmorpgs on xbox that would be gaming heaven

Games like WoW and Runescape are MMORPG right? What other games are just MMO?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



360 can handle mmos? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 360 can handle mmos?   360 can handle mmos? EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 9:25 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
xjosh360s wrote:
mmorpg is the best genre ever thats why pc is superior to the consoles in my opinion but if theres mmorpgs on xbox that would be gaming heaven

Games like WoW and Runescape are MMORPG right? What other games are just MMO?

Star Wars Galaxy, Star Wars The Old Republic.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



360 can handle mmos? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 360 can handle mmos?   360 can handle mmos? EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 9:40 pm

Ezekiel 703 wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
xjosh360s wrote:
mmorpg is the best genre ever thats why pc is superior to the consoles in my opinion but if theres mmorpgs on xbox that would be gaming heaven

Games like WoW and Runescape are MMORPG right? What other games are just MMO?

Star Wars Galaxy, Star Wars The Old Republic.

The Old Republic I thought is considered going to be a MMORPG. But I never played Star Wars Galaxy so I wouldnt know about that one.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

Posts : 1146
Join date : 2010-03-08

360 can handle mmos? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 360 can handle mmos?   360 can handle mmos? EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 6:54 pm

I hate Runescape and WoW. You have to dedicate your life to thrive at those games.
Back to top Go down
Diplo
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Diplo

Posts : 73
Join date : 2010-09-08
Age : 25
Location : Windsor Ontario Canada

360 can handle mmos? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 360 can handle mmos?   360 can handle mmos? EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 7:13 pm

handle them yes, make them worth playing on 360 if available on PC no.

dem macros man
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

Posts : 1480
Join date : 2009-10-03

360 can handle mmos? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 360 can handle mmos?   360 can handle mmos? EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 9:33 pm

Of course the 360 can handle MMOs. There are already two MMOs on the system, not to mention there are also cross-platform servers for other games like Shadowrun and Lost Planet.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



360 can handle mmos? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 360 can handle mmos?   360 can handle mmos? EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 10:29 pm

TRF wrote:
Of course the 360 can handle MMOs. There are already two MMOs on the system, not to mention there are also cross-platform servers for other games like Shadowrun and Lost Planet.

I think more games like CoD should get cross-platform servers...
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

Posts : 1480
Join date : 2009-10-03

360 can handle mmos? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 360 can handle mmos?   360 can handle mmos? EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 12:40 am

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
xjosh360s wrote:
mmorpg is the best genre ever thats why pc is superior to the consoles in my opinion but if theres mmorpgs on xbox that would be gaming heaven

Games like WoW and Runescape are MMORPG right? What other games are just MMO?
Games like MAG and The Agency are MMO titles, but they're not MMORPGs (being that they're massive multiplayer online games, but not role playing games).

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
TRF wrote:
Of course the 360 can handle MMOs. There are already two MMOs on the system, not to mention there are also cross-platform servers for other games like Shadowrun and Lost Planet.

I think more games like CoD should get cross-platform servers...
It's hard to do. Unlike the 360, where every gamer playing a specific game is on those specific servers, PC gamers have a number of different servers to choose from. Yeah, I suppose Microsoft could make their Games for Windows LIVE servers work with their XBL servers. It's a lot easier to do with games that are solely 360/PC, I'm guessing, since the only cross-platform titles are PC/360 games (with the exception of FFXI which was on the PS2, and Lost Planet, although it was a 360/PC game initially).
Back to top Go down
aaaaaaaaaaa
Seaman Recruit


Posts : 14
Join date : 2010-08-09

360 can handle mmos? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 360 can handle mmos?   360 can handle mmos? EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 12:05 am

.


Last edited by aaaaaaaaaaa on Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




360 can handle mmos? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 360 can handle mmos?   360 can handle mmos? Empty

Back to top Go down
 
360 can handle mmos?
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: XBox Live-
Jump to: