This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Invincible

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable Empty
PostSubject: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable   Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 9:49 am

I just saw it overtook Chains of Olympus on metacritic as the highest rated PSP game. I watched some gameplay on youtube and it looked okay, but not super impressive. I heard it was just a port of the original off PS1. Has anyone here played it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable   Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 1:09 pm

PSP broke Sad otherwise I would give it a try.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable   Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 1:15 pm

It's Persona 3, one of the best PS2 games ever, the gameplay looks kinda awkward, and it's kinda embarrassing to have someone see you playing it, but if you are into JRPGs even a little bit then you should get it. And if you are you should know that Atlus has some delusion that JRPGs sell like total shit outside of Japan and only produce a few couple 100 thousands of copies outside of Japan. So if you want it get it now because in a couple months it will be rather difficult to find.

But really if you actually want to get a good version then you could always get Persona 3 FES on ebay for your PS2 if it's not broken.

Last edited by BlackStigma on Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
▲

PostSubject: Re: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable   Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 1:27 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
It's Persona 3, one of the best PS2 games ever, the gameplay looks kinda awkward, and it's kinda embarrassing to have someone see you playing it, but if you are into JRPGs even a little bit then you should get it. And if you are you should know because Atlus has some delusion that JRPGs sell like total shit outside of Japan and only produce a few couple 100 thousands of copies outside of Japan. So if you want it get it now because in a couple months it will be rather difficult to find.

But really if you actually want to get a good version then you could always get Persona 3 FES on ebay for your PS2 if it's not broken.

I agree with everything you said about the game being great, but I think the bonus of being able to control every party member in P3P makes up or the stuff taken out. It's probably best to get whatever version you can get hold of though, it's well worth it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable   Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable Empty

Back to top Go down

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable
Page 1 of 1