This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Top ten enemies in the Bungie Universe

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Top ten enemies in the Bungie Universe Empty
PostSubject: Top ten enemies in the Bungie Universe   Top ten enemies in the Bungie Universe EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 11:11 am

My top ten list for worse enemies in the Bungie universe, This is my current opinion on some of the best from Pathways Into Darkness, Marathon, and Halo.

10-Hunters
Game(s): Every Halo series game
Top ten enemies in the Bungie Universe 300px-Cov_Hunter
A well recognized enemy from the Halo series. It is last place becuase while it can be intimidating to the player at first and his a powerful weapon, once you find out it's weakness they are not that hard.

9-Elite
Game(s): Every Halo series game
Top ten enemies in the Bungie Universe Halo3-elite-combat-armor
Even more iconic then the hunter, and even more common in the Halo series. They don't really have a devastating weak spot like hunters do (hence why they are rated higher), and have relatively the same amount of health you do. Problem is that, while they have no devastating weakness, they are not necessary hard.

8-Banshee (also called Specters and Phantasms)
Game(s): Pathways Into Darkness
Top ten enemies in the Bungie Universe Phantasm
These things are described as translucent shadows, becuase of them being a transparent black color and they are immune to bullets and grenades. This is a major strength for it, but it has a definitive weakness like the hunter.

7-S'pht
Game(s): Every Marathon Series game
Top ten enemies in the Bungie Universe 350877-spht_large
A common species in Marathon (these things have similarities to the Elite and Engineer from Halo), enslaved to work against their will in a religious based alien empire. S'pht are smart enough to plot ambushes (preferably in an open area or hall way with no cover), the lowest ranked variant can kill you in 3 hits of it's weapon, other variants can kill you faster, can take more hits, may be invisible, or even fire shots that seek you out.

6-Enforcer
Game(s): Every Marathon Series game
Top ten enemies in the Bungie Universe M2-enforcer
Also in the same alien empire as the S'pht (Called the Pfhor). They will fire rapidly on you (and can also kill you quickly). They will also only fire at you and other aliens interestingly (I think they also leave your human allies alone, or so I hear), and they carry the only alien weapon you can use in the game.

5-343 Guilty Spark
Game(s): Every Halo Trilogy game
Top ten enemies in the Bungie Universe 343GS
Spark commands various Forerunner forces in the Halo series. Unlike Commanders such as the prophets, Spark is actually capable of holding his own in a fight, disappointingly, his boss battle is very easy.

4-Flood Juggernaut
Game(s): Halo 2 (cut content)
Top ten enemies in the Bungie Universe Screenshot_170702_thumb300
Large flood beings that can take a larger then normal amount of shotgun shells then normal, jump twice as high as a normal form (and kill you if they land on you), can kill you in 1 hit, and are twice as tall as you.

3-The Big Blue Meanie
Game(s): Pathways Into Darkness
Top ten enemies in the Bungie Universe Bluemeaniestomp
Bungie's humorous nickname for this thing (there actually is no name for it). This thing is very power full; capable of shooting fire at long range, almost never reacts to getting hit, and is responsible for killing 4-6 of your special forces squad (there was only one of your squad left after the rest were killed by this thing). Another thing to point out is that he was wounded prior by your squad, by checking the remains and talking to them you see that their M-16 clips and Colt .45 clips are empty, this means he took about 8-12 clips of ammunition and he takes about 6-8 clips of your MP-41 on top of that, and even weakened he is hard.

2-Gravemind
Game(s): Halo 2, Halo 3
Top ten enemies in the Bungie Universe Gravemind
A large mass of flood infected bodies that have joined together into a powerful intelligence. He commands all the flood and has all the intelligence of his victims. The powers he has are largely unknown, he can warp things and himself to other locations, and can survive a small planet sized explosion.

1-The W'rkncacnter
Game(s): Pathways Into Darkness, Marathon Infinity
Don't bother trying to pronounce the name, Bungie purposely made it so you can't.
An immortal, powerful god that is never actually fought in a game, if it wakes up or escapes the universe is as good as gone since it can't be stopped or killed, and seems to be able to defy laws of nature, science, and physics, and more. You never actually see one at all. These beings (yes ,there is more then one) can and most certianly do destroy the universe. In the games you either must prevent it from waking up (Pathways Into Darkness), or you have to actually escape to a timeline where it was not released (Marathon Infinity)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top ten enemies in the Bungie Universe   Top ten enemies in the Bungie Universe EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 11:26 am

Nice list. Hunter are definetly the best.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top ten enemies in the Bungie Universe   Top ten enemies in the Bungie Universe EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 5:03 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:

Hunters took last place, while cool with a powerful weapon and shield, they are slow and not that difficult once you shoot for the weak spot.
Back to top Go down
Pein
Four Star General (Moderator)
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Top ten enemies in the Bungie Universe   Top ten enemies in the Bungie Universe EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 5:36 pm

Elites pwn!! i mean hunter's are slow and they too long to shoot you while elites shoot faster,jump high and you are their bitch if they caught you with a energy sword
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top ten enemies in the Bungie Universe   Top ten enemies in the Bungie Universe EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 5:45 pm

Ezekiel 703 wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

Hunters took last place, while cool with a powerful weapon and shield, they are slow and not that difficult once you shoot for the weak spot.

I guess, its either hunters or elites for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top ten enemies in the Bungie Universe   Top ten enemies in the Bungie Universe EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 5:49 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Ezekiel 703 wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

I guess, its either hunters or elites for me.

Fair enough, I like the S'pht better. Elites are partially based off them (except S'pht are not reptilian), as well as engineers. (I will go through this more if I decide to make a rant on Marathon references in Halo).

Well, things the elites do anyway (i.e. rebel their empire and help humans for example)
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Top ten enemies in the Bungie Universe   Top ten enemies in the Bungie Universe EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 7:36 pm

I love the elites, can't wait to be fighting them again in Reach. It's a long time coming.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Top ten enemies in the Bungie Universe   Top ten enemies in the Bungie Universe EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 7:37 pm

Where are the grunts? They may be weak but they are the most common halo enemies. And the suicide ones can actually kill you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top ten enemies in the Bungie Universe   Top ten enemies in the Bungie Universe EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 7:40 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Where are the grunts? They may be weak but they are the most common halo enemies. And the suicide ones can actually kill you.

Remember, this is Bungie, not just Halo (well 3 of their games anyway). Some enemies are more iconic, such as The W'rkncacnter.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Top ten enemies in the Bungie Universe   Top ten enemies in the Bungie Universe EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 7:45 pm

Ezekiel 703 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Remember, this is Bungie, not just Halo (well 3 of their games anyway). Some enemies are more iconic, such as The W'rkncacnter.

Well I kinda figured that they'd be more iconic than something like the Flood Juggernaut which most people didn't know existed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top ten enemies in the Bungie Universe   Top ten enemies in the Bungie Universe EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 7:51 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Ezekiel 703 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Well I kinda figured that they'd be more iconic than something like the Flood Juggernaut which most people didn't know existed.

I wasn't shooting for iconic, I was shooting for difficulty. I mentioned the word "iconic" becuase you mentioned grunts should be in the list becuase of how common they are. I mentioned the W'rkncacnter becuase, while I was not shooting for "iconic", it is a known extremely difficult enemy among Bungie fans. Sorry for the confusion.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Top ten enemies in the Bungie Universe   Top ten enemies in the Bungie Universe EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 11:49 am

Well,I garentee you dont want to see a hunter while playing legendary on Halo ODST.That my friend is hell.

I vote for the Elites,They are the definition of "badass"

Last edited by HellJumper on Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top ten enemies in the Bungie Universe   Top ten enemies in the Bungie Universe EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 12:32 pm

HellJumper wrote:
Well,I garentee you dont want to see a hunter while playing legendary on Halo ODST.That my friend is hell.

I vote for the Elites,They are the definition of "badas"

Yeah, Hunters are fucking crazy on Legendary.
Back to top Go down
ZeInFormer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Top ten enemies in the Bungie Universe   Top ten enemies in the Bungie Universe EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 5:35 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:

Hunters are ridiculously easy on H1 and H2 even on Legendary. On 3 and ODST, Bungie totally buffed them up and I really liked how they did that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top ten enemies in the Bungie Universe   Top ten enemies in the Bungie Universe EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 6:29 pm

ZeInFormer wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:

Hunters are ridiculously easy on H1 and H2 even on Legendary. On 3 and ODST, Bungie totally buffed them up and I really liked how they did that.

Yeah, me and a buddy of mine went and beat Halo 1 on legendary the other day and it was fucking easy.
Back to top Go down
ZeInFormer

PostSubject: Re: Top ten enemies in the Bungie Universe   Top ten enemies in the Bungie Universe EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 12:06 am

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
ZeInFormer wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:

Yeah, me and a buddy of mine went and beat Halo 1 on legendary the other day and it was fucking easy.
Yeah, Co-Op does make it a bit easy. I wish they can add a bit more enemies to balance it out, but then again the frame-rate would drop like hell Sad. Still, I love playing Co-Op with a buddy on Legendary. It's always a blast and it's great that you have a bit more freedom to strategize.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top ten enemies in the Bungie Universe   Top ten enemies in the Bungie Universe EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 1:52 am

ZeInFormer wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
ZeInFormer wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:

Yeah, Co-Op does make it a bit easy. I wish they can add a bit more enemies to balance it out, but then again the frame-rate would drop like hell Sad. Still, I love playing Co-Op with a buddy on Legendary. It's always a blast and it's great that you have a bit more freedom to strategize.

Yeah, especially on Halo 1 and 2. For how old they are they are still so much fucking fun to play.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top ten enemies in the Bungie Universe   Top ten enemies in the Bungie Universe Empty

Back to top Go down

Top ten enemies in the Bungie Universe
Page 1 of 1