This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

PS3 hasnt outsold 360 worldwide for the last 3 years

Go down 
+6
DemonWolf
GeneralMLD
Frank2368
ghost23
Fauchard
Master_Chief
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PS3 hasnt  outsold  360 worldwide for the last 3 years Empty
PostSubject: PS3 hasnt outsold 360 worldwide for the last 3 years   PS3 hasnt  outsold  360 worldwide for the last 3 years EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 2:05 pm

Back to top Go down
Fauchard
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Fauchard

PostSubject: Re: PS3 hasnt outsold 360 worldwide for the last 3 years   PS3 hasnt  outsold  360 worldwide for the last 3 years EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 2:29 pm

I never liked the sales argument (why would sales matter to the gamer? Well, unless it actually is in danger of becoming the next Dreamcast that is) but I am pretty sure that the 360 will outsell the PS3 this year due to the 360slim, its selling like hotcakes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PS3 hasnt outsold 360 worldwide for the last 3 years   PS3 hasnt  outsold  360 worldwide for the last 3 years EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 2:43 pm

Fauchard wrote:
I never liked the sales argument (why would sales matter to the gamer? Well, unless it actually is in danger of becoming the next Dreamcast that is) but I am pretty sure that the 360 will outsell the PS3 this year due to the 360slim, its selling like hotcakes.

Console sales never seemed to matter to me either, its just bragging rights I guess.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: PS3 hasnt outsold 360 worldwide for the last 3 years   PS3 hasnt  outsold  360 worldwide for the last 3 years EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 4:17 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Fauchard wrote:

Console sales never seemed to matter to me either, its just bragging rights I guess.
It should mattter to some extent because it does to game publishers which is why EA is adding extra content to the PS3 version of certain games. EA cited the increase of PS3 sales as the reason. Secondly this is the console war section so this part of the forum is all about "bragging rights." Thirdly you cared enough to post in this thread.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PS3 hasnt outsold 360 worldwide for the last 3 years   PS3 hasnt  outsold  360 worldwide for the last 3 years EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 4:32 pm

Master_Chief wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Fauchard wrote:

It should mattter to some extent because it does to game publishers which is why EA is adding extra content to the PS3 version of certain games. EA cited the increase of PS3 sales as the reason. Secondly this is the console war section so this part of the forum is all about "bragging rights." Thirdly you cared enough to post in this thread.

Well ofcourse Im gonna post in the thread, thats the point of a forum. But sales dont mean quality, like MW2 had a shit ton of sales but that wasnt a very good game. But EA added extra content to the PS3 because of game sales, not console sales. At least thats how I would think of it to make sense, more PS3 users buying MoH and BFBC2 and such.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PS3 hasnt outsold 360 worldwide for the last 3 years   PS3 hasnt  outsold  360 worldwide for the last 3 years EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 4:40 pm

Sales never mattered to me either.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: PS3 hasnt outsold 360 worldwide for the last 3 years   PS3 hasnt  outsold  360 worldwide for the last 3 years EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 6:55 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Fauchard wrote:

Well ofcourse Im gonna post in the thread, thats the point of a forum. But sales dont mean quality, like MW2 had a shit ton of sales but that wasnt a very good game. But EA added extra content to the PS3 because of game sales, not console sales. At least thats how I would think of it to make sense, more PS3 users buying MoH and BFBC2 and such.
Wrong. EA specifically mention hardware sales saying "the box is on fire." Secondly if sales dont mean quality then I guess all those great selling 360 exclusives like Halo and Gears aren't necessarily good by your logic. Thirdly of course you can post but why bother if you dont care about the topic? If you have nothing to contribute to the topic just ignore the thread. Posting in a thread just to say you dont care about the topic is borderline trolling.
Here what EA said. Sounds like hardware to me.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/ps3-is-on-fire-says-eas-schappert

Last edited by Master_Chief on Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: PS3 hasnt outsold 360 worldwide for the last 3 years   PS3 hasnt  outsold  360 worldwide for the last 3 years EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 6:57 pm

Ezekiel 703 wrote:
Sales never mattered to me either.
Yet you cared enough to click on the thread and post in it. If you have nothing productive to add to the topic then just move on.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: PS3 hasnt outsold 360 worldwide for the last 3 years   PS3 hasnt  outsold  360 worldwide for the last 3 years EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 7:26 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Fauchard wrote:

In your opinion MW2 is a bad game but I know a lot of people who absolutely love the game. This comes back to what I said yesterday, the game has to be a quality game if 10 million people are going to invest their hard earned money into it, because games are very expensive relative to other forms of entertainment such as movies or music.

And I agree with Master_Chief, you don't have to post in every single thread in the entire forum, the whole point of a discussion forum is to discuss the topic. Just saying "Sales don't matter" is not discussing the topic of 360 is outselling PS3.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PS3 hasnt outsold 360 worldwide for the last 3 years   PS3 hasnt  outsold  360 worldwide for the last 3 years EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 8:52 pm

ghost23 wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Fauchard wrote:

In your opinion MW2 is a bad game but I know a lot of people who absolutely love the game. This comes back to what I said yesterday, the game has to be a quality game if 10 million people are going to invest their hard earned money into it, because games are very expensive relative to other forms of entertainment such as movies or music.

And I agree with Master_Chief, you don't have to post in every single thread in the entire forum, the whole point of a discussion forum is to discuss the topic. Just saying "Sales don't matter" is not discussing the topic of 360 is outselling PS3.

Then I wont post in the topic, sorry. I didnt just say "sales dont matter" either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PS3 hasnt outsold 360 worldwide for the last 3 years   PS3 hasnt  outsold  360 worldwide for the last 3 years EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 8:58 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Fauchard wrote:

Then I wont post in the topic, sorry. I didnt just say "sales dont matter" either.

He was talking about me I think, and yes, I won't post in these topics either then.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: PS3 hasnt outsold 360 worldwide for the last 3 years   PS3 hasnt  outsold  360 worldwide for the last 3 years EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 9:24 pm

Ezekiel 703 wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Fauchard wrote:

He was talking about me I think, and yes, I won't post in these topics either then.

Just to clarify, I''m not saying don't post, im just saying that in these sort of topic, post if you have something to add to the discussion. People like Kendo, EMP and Joe11 have had temp bans because they just posted in every single thread and did not add anything valuable to the topic on hand
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PS3 hasnt outsold 360 worldwide for the last 3 years   PS3 hasnt  outsold  360 worldwide for the last 3 years EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 9:42 pm

ghost23 wrote:
Just to clarify, I''m not saying don't post, im just saying that in these sort of topic, post if you have something to add to the discussion. People like Kendo, EMP and Joe11 have had temp bans because they just posted in every single thread and did not add anything valuable to the topic on hand

I just posted my opinion on the matter. Its not like I just post one word responses.
Back to top Go down
Frank2368
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Frank2368

PostSubject: Re: PS3 hasnt outsold 360 worldwide for the last 3 years   PS3 hasnt  outsold  360 worldwide for the last 3 years EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 9:43 pm

bu.... bu.... but 360 has no gaems Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: PS3 hasnt outsold 360 worldwide for the last 3 years   PS3 hasnt  outsold  360 worldwide for the last 3 years EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 12:57 am

Madtoker wrote:
well think of it this way
when ur playing a game will u be like
*zomg the graphics and story and gameplay*

or will u be like

*omfg teh sales this game is amazing teh sales uhhhh im getting so hard because of teh sales!!11!1*

sowwy for astereeks i cant use quote thingies

EDIT

btw i was reading the comments through and something i must say is that it is a scientific fact that 99.999999% of the sales come from hype (well maybe not 99 percent but a majority)

so does alot of hype=good games(insert question mark), i dun think so

why not both?

Halo 3 got AAA and insane hype.

PS = Am i the only one who gets hard when a game sells good Razz ??????

jk
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: PS3 hasnt outsold 360 worldwide for the last 3 years   PS3 hasnt  outsold  360 worldwide for the last 3 years EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 6:02 am

LOL @ Generalmld's comment Razz

But anyway, guys you've really not gotten the point of this! Ps3 fanboys have been claiming how they're "dominating". Since the ps3 slim was released they couldn't resist rubbing it in that ps3 outsold 360 on numerous dates and some ps3 fanboys made up some bullshit like it's been outselling 360 on multiple years. Well this completely proved them wrong and also shows that ps3 only outsold 360 in one year of four!

This is great news because by ps3 fanboys claiming they have better sales and using that against us, it shows that they CARE about sales, and so if they do, they've got a last place system. Razz

Oh and also, sales doesn't determine how much fun you have, no. But it can be a contributing factor to how good the system is. If a system sells more, it's more of a success and emphasises how it's possibly a better system. Sure it's not always true, eg: wii sold more than 360.

But considering 360 has barely attracted the casual audience, had almost no casual games and is only beginning to get them later this year, how it's outselling ps3 so much is impressive! Shows how hardcore gamers see quality in it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: PS3 hasnt outsold 360 worldwide for the last 3 years   PS3 hasnt  outsold  360 worldwide for the last 3 years EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 6:08 am

ps3 has never outsolded the 360 for the past 3 years,if it did that,why the fuck is the ps3 still last place,ps3 fanboys will make everything up,they are retarded and they will stay dead last in sales as generalmld says
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: PS3 hasnt outsold 360 worldwide for the last 3 years   PS3 hasnt  outsold  360 worldwide for the last 3 years EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 11:40 am

demondragondude wrote:

But anyway, guys you've really not gotten the point of this! Ps3 fanboys have been claiming how they're "dominating". Since the ps3 slim was released they couldn't resist rubbing it in that ps3 outsold 360 on numerous dates and some ps3 fanboys made up some bullshit like it's been outselling 360 on multiple years. Well this completely proved them wrong and also shows that ps3 only outsold 360 in one year of four!

This is great news because by ps3 fanboys claiming they have better sales and using that against us, it shows that they CARE about sales, and so if they do, they've got a last place system. Razz

Oh and also, sales doesn't determine how much fun you have, no. But it can be a contributing factor to how good the system is. If a system sells more, it's more of a success and emphasises how it's possibly a better system. Sure it's not always true, eg: wii sold more than 360.

But considering 360 has barely attracted the casual audience, had almost no casual games and is only beginning to get them later this year, how it's outselling ps3 so much is impressive! Shows how hardcore gamers see quality in it.
I Agree. And the people who are crying about this thread have completely missed the point of the console war section. And why are they so offended by this thread? Their comments remind me of the kind I hear from butthurt PS3 fanboys in an NPD sales report thread. But but we dont care about teh sales. lol
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: PS3 hasnt outsold 360 worldwide for the last 3 years   PS3 hasnt  outsold  360 worldwide for the last 3 years EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 12:19 pm

AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
ps3 has never outsolded the 360 for the past 3 years,if it did that,why the fuck is the ps3 still last place,ps3 fanboys will make everything up,they are retarded and they will stay dead last in sales as generalmld says
QFT
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: PS3 hasnt outsold 360 worldwide for the last 3 years   PS3 hasnt  outsold  360 worldwide for the last 3 years EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 1:30 pm

At this point in this generation the PS3 probably won't close the 5 million sales gap. I mean even if it outsells the Xbox 360 by a couple a thousand each month, the Xbox 360 is still going to secure 2nd place.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: PS3 hasnt outsold 360 worldwide for the last 3 years   PS3 hasnt  outsold  360 worldwide for the last 3 years EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 4:30 pm

Master_Chief wrote:
demondragondude wrote:

I Agree. And the people who are crying about this thread have completely missed the point of the console war section. And why are they so offended by this thread? Their comments remind me of the kind I hear from butthurt PS3 fanboys in an NPD sales report thread. But but we dont care about teh sales. lol

Yeah XD lmao

Guys can you at least say something constructive instead of just saying you don't care about sales? You know, maybe say how it's impressive or something?
Sales don't influence how much fun I have with a game/system but I find it interesting to see one consoles success against another. If you don't why post how you're not interested? RazzPS3 hasnt  outsold  360 worldwide for the last 3 years Utrollin
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: PS3 hasnt outsold 360 worldwide for the last 3 years   PS3 hasnt  outsold  360 worldwide for the last 3 years EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 4:41 pm

demondragondude wrote:
PS3 hasnt  outsold  360 worldwide for the last 3 years Utrollin
Is that you?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PS3 hasnt outsold 360 worldwide for the last 3 years   PS3 hasnt  outsold  360 worldwide for the last 3 years EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 5:05 pm

Master_Chief wrote:
demondragondude wrote:

If this is a reference to posts made by me and Jubjub, then you have it wrong on my end at least. My lack of caring for sales came from many reasons with one of them being , I am neutral, it does not matter to much to me what the PS3 fanboys brag about. But no, there was no offense or crying on my end, thank you.
Back to top Go down
Fauchard
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Fauchard

PostSubject: Re: PS3 hasnt outsold 360 worldwide for the last 3 years   PS3 hasnt  outsold  360 worldwide for the last 3 years EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 5:08 pm

NoelX2 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Is that you?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbobBCe5-kU&annotation_id=annotation_453516&feature=iv
Boxxy, a meme. She is... adorable.
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: PS3 hasnt outsold 360 worldwide for the last 3 years   PS3 hasnt  outsold  360 worldwide for the last 3 years EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 5:21 pm

NoelX2 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Is that you?
DDD as a girl? are you serious dude LOL but i would be surprised if that was DDD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PS3 hasnt outsold 360 worldwide for the last 3 years   PS3 hasnt  outsold  360 worldwide for the last 3 years Empty

Back to top Go down

PS3 hasnt outsold 360 worldwide for the last 3 years
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next