This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Freedom Fighters (xbox) review

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ZeInFormer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

Freedom Fighters (xbox) review Empty
PostSubject: Freedom Fighters (xbox) review   Freedom Fighters (xbox) review EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 11:53 pm

In the world of tactical shooters, there are Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon, and possibly some other more you might know. Now, there's Freedom Fighters which is a third-person shooter with tactical elements that you will need to accomplish your goals.

The Soviet Union brings an end to WW2 by dropping an atomic bomb on Berlin which kind of changed our history. The Sovet union didn't collapsed and sooner or later, they took over the whole continent of Europe-making the Soviets the world's superpower. Now, they're coming to America by taking down N.Y. first and spreading with communism by using the idea of propaganda. You play as Chris Stone, a local Plumber who's basically working his way to live and make money on a normal day even though he knows about the whole situation and all of sudden, his brother gets caught by the Soviets during their work day when someone called the plumbers for assistance. Chris would find his way out and then meet some locals who's in a rebel group to stop the Soviets from invading their country. Sooner or later, Chris would join the clan and be known as the "Freedom Phantom." Together, with Chris and whoever is in this group, will do everything in their power to fight back no matter what it takes. As you can say, Freedom Fighters' storyline is very interesting and it's soo easy to get hooked up if you're a fan of alternative history storylines and even if you aren't, you'll still find it pretty captivating to play the campaign to see what will happen in the story.

Freedom Fighters (xbox) review F6
A beautiful view.

Graphically, everything was well for its time. The models, textures, lighting effects, you name it were on top and it was probably one of the better looking games in 2003. The sound are all fine, they can be better to give the guns more life, but it's not really a big issue and it didn't bother me that much. Oh and the music is also enjoyable since it's mostly like cinematic music meet ambience, but it's done well to fit the levels and give them life.

Freedom Fighters (xbox) review F1
Under attack.
Freedom Fighters (xbox) review F2
Surviving the madness.
Freedom Fighters (xbox) review F3
Take no prisoner!

This game is a tactical shooter, you really want to think about what you're doing before progressing. On higher difficulties, you will die if you go 1v10 soldiers real quickly. It plays very similar to most shooters you play, but there are some special stuff about this game. You can control troops and there are a certain limit you reach on finding troops, but if you want more troops, you have to like blow-up this building or give medpacks to a wounded citizen to earn the troops respect so you can create a bigger army. At first you will start off with like 2-3 soldiers and once you do some side-quests, you'll probably end up with like 6-8 soldiers together. Your commands are standard fair: attack, defend, and regroup. The game has some sort of auto-aim on the Xbox version. There's no crosshair. Basically if an enemy is close to your gun, Chris will start shooting him untill the soldier dead. You can zoom in though if you want more precise shots and the crosshair will show. Chris can carry one primiary weapon, a couple of throwable objects (grenades and more), side-arm, a melee weapon, and medpacks for you or for your soldiers if you want to revive them if they die. The game features a checkpoint system which you have to find these like doors to the underground passage sewers if you want checkpoints so it keeps the game from getting to frustrating or cheap. The whole campaign lasted around 8-10 hours depending on how you play and if you love playing games with great campaign, Freedom Fighters is no exception. There are some memorable moments in this game and I'll try not to spoil it, but once you reach those moments, you're going to say to yourself "this is a great game and I hope it won't end soon". However, it does end soon and I'm usually not like this, but I wish the game can be 2 more hours longer. It's just that great and it totally makes you wish the game is longer. There is multiplayer, but I don't really find it that amazing, so I can't talk much about it.

Freedom Fighters got good reviews, but it was outshined by so many big games (Halo) for its time that it's almost forgotten. Fans of the series are begging for a sequel, but we will never know when the developers feel like they should make one. Noneotherless, Freedom Fighters is a classic and it should be played by gamers who love games from the botton of their heart. 9.5/10

Freedom Fighters (xbox) review F5
There was Mario, now there's Chris.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Freedom Fighters (xbox) review   Freedom Fighters (xbox) review EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 11:56 pm

God I had good times playing this game. I remember a cheat where you could have like 60 people following you XD it was like you had a mini army. Great game.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Freedom Fighters (xbox) review   Freedom Fighters (xbox) review EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 2:50 pm

Ohhh Sad I always wanted to get this game when I was younger. I remember when I was like 12 and my dad wouldn't let me get it because it's too "violent". The funny thing is when I was like 7 I was already playing Grand Theft Auto. >.<

Great review. Now I know what it would've been like if I did ever get it Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Freedom Fighters (xbox) review   Freedom Fighters (xbox) review Empty

Back to top Go down

Freedom Fighters (xbox) review
Page 1 of 1