This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.



 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

 

 ENOUGH WITH THE FUCKING MARINE GAMES.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

Posts : 1189
Join date : 2009-12-01

ENOUGH WITH THE FUCKING MARINE GAMES. Empty
PostSubject: ENOUGH WITH THE FUCKING MARINE GAMES.   ENOUGH WITH THE FUCKING MARINE GAMES. EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 2:53 am

God fucking damnit, I'm sick of what developers are being reduced to.

www.cracked.com/phpimages/article/2/7/5/25275.jpg?v=1" border="0" alt=""/>

LOOK AT THAT SHIT. JUST LOOK AT IT.

When are we gonna get new games that don't have goddamn soldiers running around shooting terrorists.

There's gonna be Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, Medal of Honor, and COD: Black Ops.

Jesus Christ haven't these guys ever heard of variety?
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)


Posts : 3425
Join date : 2009-12-16
Location : Australia

ENOUGH WITH THE FUCKING MARINE GAMES. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ENOUGH WITH THE FUCKING MARINE GAMES.   ENOUGH WITH THE FUCKING MARINE GAMES. EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 3:32 am

That's why I choose to play other games such as Assassin's Creed.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



ENOUGH WITH THE FUCKING MARINE GAMES. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ENOUGH WITH THE FUCKING MARINE GAMES.   ENOUGH WITH THE FUCKING MARINE GAMES. EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 12:31 pm

Thats pretty much the FPS genre. Other genres (especially RPG) have a lot more variety.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
Arbiteris

Posts : 5064
Join date : 2009-09-15
Location : Sanghelios

ENOUGH WITH THE FUCKING MARINE GAMES. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ENOUGH WITH THE FUCKING MARINE GAMES.   ENOUGH WITH THE FUCKING MARINE GAMES. EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 12:41 pm

Nothing wrong with marine shooter games.There a helluva lot better than casual "party" games.And casual games are actually dominating the industry,not shooters.Just look how much casual gaming is growing.
Back to top Go down
Fauchard
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Fauchard

Posts : 88
Join date : 2010-07-15
Age : 29
Location : My house

ENOUGH WITH THE FUCKING MARINE GAMES. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ENOUGH WITH THE FUCKING MARINE GAMES.   ENOUGH WITH THE FUCKING MARINE GAMES. EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 1:59 pm

It won't stop, not until another genre gets really popular.
Back to top Go down

Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
▲

Posts : 368
Join date : 2010-07-14

ENOUGH WITH THE FUCKING MARINE GAMES. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ENOUGH WITH THE FUCKING MARINE GAMES.   ENOUGH WITH THE FUCKING MARINE GAMES. EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 2:40 pm

HellJumper wrote:
Nothing wrong with marine shooter games.There a helluva lot better than casual "party" games.And casual games are actually dominating the industry,not shooters.Just look how much casual gaming is growing.

Whilst I partially agree with you, as far as games go, most modern FPS are pretty casual. Regenerating health, fairly forgiving checkpoints and other things...

Serious and violent doesn't always mean "not casual".
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
Arbiteris

Posts : 5064
Join date : 2009-09-15
Location : Sanghelios

ENOUGH WITH THE FUCKING MARINE GAMES. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ENOUGH WITH THE FUCKING MARINE GAMES.   ENOUGH WITH THE FUCKING MARINE GAMES. EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 2:58 pm

GGM wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
Nothing wrong with marine shooter games.There a helluva lot better than casual "party" games.And casual games are actually dominating the industry,not shooters.Just look how much casual gaming is growing.

Whilst I partially agree with you, as far as games go, most modern FPS are pretty casual. Regenerating health, fairly forgiving checkpoints and other things...

Serious and violent doesn't always mean "not casual".

Well,shooters are usually hardcore.Casual games tend to be different.
Back to top Go down

Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
▲

Posts : 368
Join date : 2010-07-14

ENOUGH WITH THE FUCKING MARINE GAMES. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ENOUGH WITH THE FUCKING MARINE GAMES.   ENOUGH WITH THE FUCKING MARINE GAMES. EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 3:05 pm

HellJumper wrote:
GGM wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
Nothing wrong with marine shooter games.There a helluva lot better than casual "party" games.And casual games are actually dominating the industry,not shooters.Just look how much casual gaming is growing.

Whilst I partially agree with you, as far as games go, most modern FPS are pretty casual. Regenerating health, fairly forgiving checkpoints and other things...

Serious and violent doesn't always mean "not casual".

Well,shooters are usually hardcore.Casual games tend to be different.

You haven't really said anything with that.
What exactly do you think makes shooters hardcore?

I view it like this:

How punishing is the difficulty curve?
Does the game hold your hand a lot? (Such as a RPG having way points showing you exactly where to go)
Is it forgiving on a player who makes mistakes? (Such as regenerating health)

Examples of a "hardcore" games, in my opinion, would be Dwarf Fortress, Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup and any of the Monster Hunter games. (Although Tri is easier than the previous ones.)
Back to top Go down
Fauchard
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Fauchard

Posts : 88
Join date : 2010-07-15
Age : 29
Location : My house

ENOUGH WITH THE FUCKING MARINE GAMES. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ENOUGH WITH THE FUCKING MARINE GAMES.   ENOUGH WITH THE FUCKING MARINE GAMES. EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 3:13 pm

GGM wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
GGM wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
Nothing wrong with marine shooter games.There a helluva lot better than casual "party" games.And casual games are actually dominating the industry,not shooters.Just look how much casual gaming is growing.

Whilst I partially agree with you, as far as games go, most modern FPS are pretty casual. Regenerating health, fairly forgiving checkpoints and other things...

Serious and violent doesn't always mean "not casual".

Well,shooters are usually hardcore.Casual games tend to be different.

You haven't really said anything with that.
What exactly do you think makes shooters hardcore?

I view it like this:

How punishing is the difficulty curve?
Does the game hold your hand a lot? (Such as a RPG having way points showing you exactly where to go)
Is it forgiving on a player who makes mistakes? (Such as regenerating health)

Examples of a "hardcore" games, in my opinion, would be Dwarf Fortress, Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup and any of the Monster Hunter games. (Although Tri is easier than the previous ones.)

It depends on how you define casual, I usually use it to define games like wii sports and the like, although I do get your point too
Back to top Go down

Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
▲

Posts : 368
Join date : 2010-07-14

ENOUGH WITH THE FUCKING MARINE GAMES. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ENOUGH WITH THE FUCKING MARINE GAMES.   ENOUGH WITH THE FUCKING MARINE GAMES. EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 3:15 pm

Fauchard wrote:
GGM wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
GGM wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
Nothing wrong with marine shooter games.There a helluva lot better than casual "party" games.And casual games are actually dominating the industry,not shooters.Just look how much casual gaming is growing.

Whilst I partially agree with you, as far as games go, most modern FPS are pretty casual. Regenerating health, fairly forgiving checkpoints and other things...

Serious and violent doesn't always mean "not casual".

Well,shooters are usually hardcore.Casual games tend to be different.

You haven't really said anything with that.
What exactly do you think makes shooters hardcore?

I view it like this:

How punishing is the difficulty curve?
Does the game hold your hand a lot? (Such as a RPG having way points showing you exactly where to go)
Is it forgiving on a player who makes mistakes? (Such as regenerating health)

Examples of a "hardcore" games, in my opinion, would be Dwarf Fortress, Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup and any of the Monster Hunter games. (Although Tri is easier than the previous ones.)

It depends on how you define casual, I usually use it to define games like wii sports and the like, although I do get your point too

I agree that "wii sports and the like" are casual, but it's because of the gameplay and not the fact that it might "look kiddy".
Back to top Go down
Fauchard
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Fauchard

Posts : 88
Join date : 2010-07-15
Age : 29
Location : My house

ENOUGH WITH THE FUCKING MARINE GAMES. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ENOUGH WITH THE FUCKING MARINE GAMES.   ENOUGH WITH THE FUCKING MARINE GAMES. EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 3:17 pm

GGM wrote:
Fauchard wrote:
GGM wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
GGM wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
Nothing wrong with marine shooter games.There a helluva lot better than casual "party" games.And casual games are actually dominating the industry,not shooters.Just look how much casual gaming is growing.

Whilst I partially agree with you, as far as games go, most modern FPS are pretty casual. Regenerating health, fairly forgiving checkpoints and other things...

Serious and violent doesn't always mean "not casual".

Well,shooters are usually hardcore.Casual games tend to be different.

You haven't really said anything with that.
What exactly do you think makes shooters hardcore?

I view it like this:

How punishing is the difficulty curve?
Does the game hold your hand a lot? (Such as a RPG having way points showing you exactly where to go)
Is it forgiving on a player who makes mistakes? (Such as regenerating health)

Examples of a "hardcore" games, in my opinion, would be Dwarf Fortress, Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup and any of the Monster Hunter games. (Although Tri is easier than the previous ones.)

It depends on how you define casual, I usually use it to define games like wii sports and the like, although I do get your point too

I agree that "wii sports and the like" are casual, but it's because of the gameplay and not the fact that it might "look kiddy".
I don't mean the kiddy look, I mean the kind of games that appeal to people that usually don't play video games
Back to top Go down

Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
▲

Posts : 368
Join date : 2010-07-14

ENOUGH WITH THE FUCKING MARINE GAMES. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ENOUGH WITH THE FUCKING MARINE GAMES.   ENOUGH WITH THE FUCKING MARINE GAMES. EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 3:19 pm

Fauchard wrote:
GGM wrote:
Fauchard wrote:
GGM wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
GGM wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
Nothing wrong with marine shooter games.There a helluva lot better than casual "party" games.And casual games are actually dominating the industry,not shooters.Just look how much casual gaming is growing.

Whilst I partially agree with you, as far as games go, most modern FPS are pretty casual. Regenerating health, fairly forgiving checkpoints and other things...

Serious and violent doesn't always mean "not casual".

Well,shooters are usually hardcore.Casual games tend to be different.

You haven't really said anything with that.
What exactly do you think makes shooters hardcore?

I view it like this:

How punishing is the difficulty curve?
Does the game hold your hand a lot? (Such as a RPG having way points showing you exactly where to go)
Is it forgiving on a player who makes mistakes? (Such as regenerating health)

Examples of a "hardcore" games, in my opinion, would be Dwarf Fortress, Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup and any of the Monster Hunter games. (Although Tri is easier than the previous ones.)

It depends on how you define casual, I usually use it to define games like wii sports and the like, although I do get your point too

I agree that "wii sports and the like" are casual, but it's because of the gameplay and not the fact that it might "look kiddy".
I don't mean the kiddy look, I mean the kind of games that appeal to people that usually don't play video games

I agree with that too. I mentioned the "kiddy look" because the two often go hand in hand.
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
Freemon34'

Posts : 835
Join date : 2010-07-06
Age : 24

ENOUGH WITH THE FUCKING MARINE GAMES. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ENOUGH WITH THE FUCKING MARINE GAMES.   ENOUGH WITH THE FUCKING MARINE GAMES. EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 8:48 pm

The FPS and TPS genre is pretty full at the moment. Time for sandbox games like infamous 2, Fallout:NV, etc.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
Stigma

Posts : 2309
Join date : 2009-12-01
Location : US

ENOUGH WITH THE FUCKING MARINE GAMES. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ENOUGH WITH THE FUCKING MARINE GAMES.   ENOUGH WITH THE FUCKING MARINE GAMES. EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 9:32 pm

Which is why games like Bioshock and Fallout exist.
Back to top Go down
DarkSwarm85
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
DarkSwarm85

Posts : 992
Join date : 2010-02-02
Age : 34
Location : California

ENOUGH WITH THE FUCKING MARINE GAMES. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ENOUGH WITH THE FUCKING MARINE GAMES.   ENOUGH WITH THE FUCKING MARINE GAMES. EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 10:00 pm

It's a generation thing. SNES/Genesis gen was very 2d fighting games like MK and Street Fighter. This generation is mostly shooter games.
Back to top Go down
optimusprime
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer
optimusprime

Posts : 292
Join date : 2010-05-25
Location : Xbox Live

ENOUGH WITH THE FUCKING MARINE GAMES. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ENOUGH WITH THE FUCKING MARINE GAMES.   ENOUGH WITH THE FUCKING MARINE GAMES. EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 10:52 am

Pickles wrote:
God fucking damnit, I'm sick of what developers are being reduced to.

www.cracked.com/phpimages/article/2/7/5/25275.jpg?v=1" border="0" alt=""/>

LOOK AT THAT SHIT. JUST LOOK AT IT.

When are we gonna get new games that don't have goddamn soldiers running around shooting terrorists.

There's gonna be Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, Medal of Honor, and COD: Black Ops.

Jesus Christ haven't these guys ever heard of variety?

this x 3.303089898987

well said my good man
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 27
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

ENOUGH WITH THE FUCKING MARINE GAMES. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ENOUGH WITH THE FUCKING MARINE GAMES.   ENOUGH WITH THE FUCKING MARINE GAMES. EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 4:25 am

lol! but fps's have always been a bit like that.

Back a few years, Medal Of Honor, Call Of Duty and Brothers In Arms were all based upon World War. There was no variety there!

Now we've not got so much of that, instead we've got all modernised or futuristic games.

The popular genre or the favourite theme of first person shooters is bound to change again

ENOUGH WITH THE FUCKING MARINE GAMES. Call_of_Duty_Finest_Hour_4_500
ENOUGH WITH THE FUCKING MARINE GAMES. 745810
ENOUGH WITH THE FUCKING MARINE GAMES. Mh122110
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 27
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

ENOUGH WITH THE FUCKING MARINE GAMES. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ENOUGH WITH THE FUCKING MARINE GAMES.   ENOUGH WITH THE FUCKING MARINE GAMES. EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 4:26 am

And to be fair, look at the nintendo ds's library.

About 90% of it's games have nearly exact clones of each other! Razz

Damn side scrollers. lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Sponsored content




ENOUGH WITH THE FUCKING MARINE GAMES. Empty
PostSubject: Re: ENOUGH WITH THE FUCKING MARINE GAMES.   ENOUGH WITH THE FUCKING MARINE GAMES. Empty

Back to top Go down
 
ENOUGH WITH THE FUCKING MARINE GAMES.
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Girls go games
» Houdini 1.5 at long Time Control: 100 games.
» Komodo 5 vs. Houdini 2.0c (1500 Games)
» Marine map
» SWCR after 159.005 games ...

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: User Created :: Rants, Articles, Columns, Videos-
Jump to: