This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Xbox 360 S Has Record-Breaking UK Launch

Go down 
+8
DemonWolf
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
ghost23
Master_Chief
Fauchard
Pein
Invincible
DarK
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DarK
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
DarK

Xbox 360 S Has Record-Breaking UK Launch Empty
PostSubject: Xbox 360 S Has Record-Breaking UK Launch   Xbox 360 S Has Record-Breaking UK Launch EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 6:30 pm

Quote :
According to GFK Chart-Track, Microsoft's new Xbox 360 had the biggest launch ever for a revised home console in the UK, selling more than the PS2 redesign in 2004, PS3 redesign last year and sold around the same amount as the Xbox 360 originally sold at launch in the UK back in 2005 (around 70,000 units). This follows an extremely successful US launch last month where VGChartz estimates that over 250,000 units were sold in just two and a half weeks.

http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/80925/xbox-360-s-has-record-breaking-uk-launch/
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 S Has Record-Breaking UK Launch   Xbox 360 S Has Record-Breaking UK Launch EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 6:32 pm

Great news for the 360. But don't trust vgchartz when it comes to numbers.
Back to top Go down
Pein
Four Star General (Moderator)
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 S Has Record-Breaking UK Launch   Xbox 360 S Has Record-Breaking UK Launch EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 6:32 pm

holy shit.thats awesome!! wow even in uk things are starting to look good for the 360
Back to top Go down
Fauchard
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Fauchard

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 S Has Record-Breaking UK Launch   Xbox 360 S Has Record-Breaking UK Launch EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 6:39 pm

This was expected, but still, nice
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 S Has Record-Breaking UK Launch   Xbox 360 S Has Record-Breaking UK Launch EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 11:57 pm

AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
holy shit.thats awesome!! wow even in uk things are starting to look good for the 360
Actually the 360 has been doing good in the UK for awhile now.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 S Has Record-Breaking UK Launch   Xbox 360 S Has Record-Breaking UK Launch EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 3:08 am

Nice. It's gonna be a breeze until the end of the year with Kinect and Reach.
Back to top Go down
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 S Has Record-Breaking UK Launch   Xbox 360 S Has Record-Breaking UK Launch EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 5:11 am

The UK is the last 360 stronghold in Europe, i'm glad to see were maintaining that!
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 S Has Record-Breaking UK Launch   Xbox 360 S Has Record-Breaking UK Launch EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 7:12 am

Now, that is impressive. To do better than the ps2 redesign! That was a first place console, 360 is only second place this generation and it's doing amazingly well!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 S Has Record-Breaking UK Launch   Xbox 360 S Has Record-Breaking UK Launch EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 7:41 am

demondragondude wrote:
Now, that is impressive. To do better than the ps2 redesign! That was a first place console, 360 is only second place this generation and it's doing amazingly well!

And it beat the PS3 slim as well. According to PS3 fanboys, the PS3 dominates Europe, not according to this.
Back to top Go down
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 S Has Record-Breaking UK Launch   Xbox 360 S Has Record-Breaking UK Launch EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 8:45 am

ghost23 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:

And it beat the PS3 slim as well. According to PS3 fanboys, the PS3 dominates Europe, not according to this.

Wow, i've never heard people talk about sales in my country with such importance but to be fair we are only 1 of 50 countries in Europe.
Back to top Go down
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 S Has Record-Breaking UK Launch   Xbox 360 S Has Record-Breaking UK Launch EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 8:50 am

AndrejTheReviewer wrote:

Things have always been good for the 360 in the UK. Trust me.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 S Has Record-Breaking UK Launch   Xbox 360 S Has Record-Breaking UK Launch EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 10:43 am

ghost23 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:

Yeah, amazing.
And no, only thing ps3 dominates in is Japan. lol
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 S Has Record-Breaking UK Launch   Xbox 360 S Has Record-Breaking UK Launch EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 12:04 pm

demondragondude wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:

Yeah, amazing.

The PS3 is the dominant outside of UK in Europe....

For example in:

Sweden
Germany
Finland
Denmark
Spain
Portugal
France
Russia
Poland

Well every country in Europe except for United Kingdom....
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 S Has Record-Breaking UK Launch   Xbox 360 S Has Record-Breaking UK Launch EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 12:10 pm

should be easy from here on out.

199 Slim

Halo Reach

Kinect.

Lol all uphill from here
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 S Has Record-Breaking UK Launch   Xbox 360 S Has Record-Breaking UK Launch EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 12:10 pm

Blixtstorm wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:

Yeah, amazing.

The PS3 is the dominant outside of UK in Europe....

For example in:

Sweden
Germany
Finland
Denmark
Spain
Portugal
France
Russia
Poland

Well every country in Europe except for United Kingdom....

Aha, so it's dominant in Japan and most of Europe but 360 pwns everywhere else Razz
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 S Has Record-Breaking UK Launch   Xbox 360 S Has Record-Breaking UK Launch EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 12:12 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:

199 Slim

Halo Reach

Kinect.

Lol all uphill from here

And pc multiplats like Fable III.

Oh and let's not forget, 2011 will present us even more AAA titles, Eg: Gears Of War III and Mass Effect III.
And if Left 4 Dead gets another sequel it could be AAA seeing as the previous two games were 89's.

That would mean in 2011 we have 3 games that are the third in the series that have 3 A's Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 S Has Record-Breaking UK Launch   Xbox 360 S Has Record-Breaking UK Launch EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 1:02 pm

demondragondude wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

199 Slim

Halo Reach

Kinect.

Lol all uphill from here

Oh and let's not forget, 2011 will present us even more AAA titles, Eg: Gears Of War III and Mass Effect III.
And if Left 4 Dead gets another sequel it could be AAA seeing as the previous two games were 89's.

That would mean in 2011 we have 3 games that are the third in the series that have 3 A's Very Happy

Mass Effect 3 is for sure coming out next year?
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 S Has Record-Breaking UK Launch   Xbox 360 S Has Record-Breaking UK Launch EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 1:50 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

199 Slim

Halo Reach

Kinect.

Lol all uphill from here

well it might come out fall 2011 because bioware said they wont take much time for mass effect 3 because of how the story is progressing and after dragon age 2 ,they will focus more on mass effect 3 and they might release it next year
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 S Has Record-Breaking UK Launch   Xbox 360 S Has Record-Breaking UK Launch EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 2:56 pm

AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

199 Slim

Halo Reach

Kinect.

Lol all uphill from here

well it might come out fall 2011 because bioware said they wont take much time for mass effect 3 because of how the story is progressing and after dragon age 2 ,they will focus more on mass effect 3 and they might release it next year

Good! I cant wait for ME3
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 S Has Record-Breaking UK Launch   Xbox 360 S Has Record-Breaking UK Launch EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 3:19 am

AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

199 Slim

Halo Reach

Kinect.

Lol all uphill from here

They said that they are aiming for the same development time as ME2 which was a little over 2 years. So expect ME3 late 2011 or early 2012.
Back to top Go down
optimusprime
Senior Chief Petty Officer
optimusprime

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 S Has Record-Breaking UK Launch   Xbox 360 S Has Record-Breaking UK Launch EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 6:33 am

Yep I'd say around January/Febuary 2012

there will probably be a very small teaser trailer before xmas this year though Smile
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 S Has Record-Breaking UK Launch   Xbox 360 S Has Record-Breaking UK Launch EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 8:30 am

optimusprime wrote:

there will probably be a very small teaser trailer before xmas this year though Smile

Yeah you're probably right.
Tbh the longer it takes the better, so I still have time to buy that and all the other games I've missed out on so far XD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 S Has Record-Breaking UK Launch   Xbox 360 S Has Record-Breaking UK Launch EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 11:21 am

demondragondude wrote:
optimusprime wrote:

Tbh the longer it takes the better, so I still have time to buy that and all the other games I've missed out on so far XD

No Evil or Very Mad I want in now! lol Razz
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 S Has Record-Breaking UK Launch   Xbox 360 S Has Record-Breaking UK Launch EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 12:46 pm

Uk is the biggest one that matters,the others all combined dont even add up to uk i believe. even though 360 didnt do much in japan,it still did better than xbox 1,also ps3 also is doing bad i japan too.
Back to top Go down
optimusprime
optimusprime

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 S Has Record-Breaking UK Launch   Xbox 360 S Has Record-Breaking UK Launch EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 1:13 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
optimusprime wrote:

No Evil or Very Mad I want in now! lol Razz

ha ha same here, i've done a little picture for you to start the build up

i liked thane, he is cool afro

Xbox 360 S Has Record-Breaking UK Launch Mass3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 360 S Has Record-Breaking UK Launch   Xbox 360 S Has Record-Breaking UK Launch Empty

Back to top Go down

Xbox 360 S Has Record-Breaking UK Launch
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: 360 vs PS3-
Jump to: