This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Activision Pay To Play Call of Duty

Go down 
+7
Pickles
Inuboy1000
Noelol
Blixtstorm
Stoney
ghost23
ZeInFormer
11 posters
AuthorMessage
ZeInFormer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

Activision Pay To Play Call of Duty Empty
PostSubject: Activision Pay To Play Call of Duty   Activision Pay To Play Call of Duty EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 12:03 am

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6269986.html?tag=latestheadlines%3Btitle%3B1

As much I don't care about the COD games, this is messed up. There are millions of people who bought MW 2 just for the game not to support Activision. Also MW 2 doesn't have the content compared to MMORPGS and I think it's stupid to have some sort of subscription fee. Wow, Activision...I pray to God we don't have companies like these in the future of gaming, it will HURT us gamers real bad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Activision Pay To Play Call of Duty   Activision Pay To Play Call of Duty EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 12:25 am

Already mentioned this in the Rant section.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Activision Pay To Play Call of Duty   Activision Pay To Play Call of Duty EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 1:44 am

It is confirmed not for Black Ops, twitter.com/JD_2020
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Activision Pay To Play Call of Duty   Activision Pay To Play Call of Duty EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 3:05 am

It will lose a lot of its audience I think. Going by a lot of my friends that play CoD, they will refuse to pay. People will just go back to CoD4
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Activision Pay To Play Call of Duty   Activision Pay To Play Call of Duty EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 7:43 am

If they do annouce a subscription fee it wont sell for shit. I hate everything that Bobby Kotick stands for.

Money hungry cunt!!! Mad
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Activision Pay To Play Call of Duty   Activision Pay To Play Call of Duty EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 8:26 am

Treyarch and Infinity Ward has already said that their current games (Black Ops and MW2) wont be pay to play.

However they are talking about a CoD MMO in the future.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: Activision Pay To Play Call of Duty   Activision Pay To Play Call of Duty EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 10:32 am

Activision would just fail by doing that. Then they would lose sales for the game. If that happens, I would say 2-7 million.
Back to top Go down
Inuboy1000
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Inuboy1000

PostSubject: Re: Activision Pay To Play Call of Duty   Activision Pay To Play Call of Duty EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 8:56 pm

Activision makes terrible games now. They are the worst corporation in the gaming industry. The only game I have hope for from them is the upcoming Bungie game. Thats it. I know none of us want Call of Duty to fail (I certainly dont want CoD to become shitty or subscription fees) but if they dont fire Robert Kotick it will end up that way.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Inuboy1000z
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: Activision Pay To Play Call of Duty   Activision Pay To Play Call of Duty EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 7:02 pm

Why doesn't anybody say anything about the current MMO's using subscriptions?

Back to top Go down
NightFang91
Senior Chief Petty Officer
NightFang91

PostSubject: Re: Activision Pay To Play Call of Duty   Activision Pay To Play Call of Duty EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 7:05 pm

Pickles wrote:
Because MMO servers are costly to maintain so it actually makes sense they have subscription fees.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: Activision Pay To Play Call of Duty   Activision Pay To Play Call of Duty EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 7:13 pm

NightFang91 wrote:
Pickles wrote:
Because MMO servers are costly to maintain so it actually makes sense they have subscription fees.

Aren't they going to make a MMOFPS though?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Activision Pay To Play Call of Duty   Activision Pay To Play Call of Duty EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 7:14 pm

NightFang91 wrote:
Pickles wrote:

And they are constantly adding new features and content for it too.
Back to top Go down
NightFang91
NightFang91

PostSubject: Re: Activision Pay To Play Call of Duty   Activision Pay To Play Call of Duty EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 7:16 pm

Pickles wrote:

Aren't they going to make a MMOFPS though?
Some are being developed but their names escape my memory.

TheJubJub57212 wrote:

And they are constantly adding new features and content for it too.
Yeah, that too.
Back to top Go down
Venir
Seaman Recruit
Venir

PostSubject: Re: Activision Pay To Play Call of Duty   Activision Pay To Play Call of Duty EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 7:19 pm

Blixtstorm wrote:
Treyarch and Infinity Ward has already said that their current games (Black Ops and MW2) wont be pay to play.

However they are talking about a CoD MMO in the future.
Didn't like 4 of infinity wards lead designers quit/fired and aren't they working on their own game? Personally MW2 and beyond seems to not be very modern. I mean on a realistic basis who the hell runs around with 2 shotguns or has a heart beat sensor. Unfortunately, a large amount of people seem to be willing to buy map packs which is mind blowing. I understand expansions that bring new weapons and gameplay changes but a map pack just brings new locations which as far as i understand requires very little effort in the modeling department. also, kotick is a monster trying to kill fun games
Back to top Go down
Xiammes
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Xiammes

PostSubject: Re: Activision Pay To Play Call of Duty   Activision Pay To Play Call of Duty EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 7:38 pm

Kotick is an asshole and the cancer that is killing video games, I hope Gabe Newell eats him soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Activision Pay To Play Call of Duty   Activision Pay To Play Call of Duty EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 8:06 pm

Xiammes wrote:
Kotick is an asshole and the cancer that is killing video games, I hope Gabe Newell eats him soon.

LOL! But seriously I hate Kotick too...
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: Activision Pay To Play Call of Duty   Activision Pay To Play Call of Duty EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 1:54 am

Xiammes wrote:

I thought it was just PC games...
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Activision Pay To Play Call of Duty   Activision Pay To Play Call of Duty EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 3:58 pm

FullMetalKendo wrote:
Activision makes terrible games now. They are the worst corporation in the gaming industry. The only game I have hope for from them is the upcoming Bungie game. Thats it. I know none of us want Call of Duty to fail (I certainly dont want CoD to become shitty or subscription fees) but if they dont fire Robert Kotick it will end up that way.

No, they're good games. They're just regurgitated a little.

But yeah, stupid idea. Activision Pay To Play Call of Duty KotickMcduck
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Inuboy1000
Inuboy1000

PostSubject: Re: Activision Pay To Play Call of Duty   Activision Pay To Play Call of Duty EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 2:41 pm

Xiammes wrote:
QFT!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Inuboy1000z
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Activision Pay To Play Call of Duty   Activision Pay To Play Call of Duty Empty

Back to top Go down

Activision Pay To Play Call of Duty
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: Xbox 360 News-
Jump to: