This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time "

Go down 
+20
Skycrawler
ghost23
Paratrooper1n0
AvodCS
Diplo
Jossa81
Jsamps
Inuboy1000
NightFang91
Alan1994
Noelol
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
handkerchief
GeneralMLD
ZeInFormer
Arbiteris
Llort
tree_sitty_fan_97
Stoney
Yeezy
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
NightFang91
Senior Chief Petty Officer
NightFang91

MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time " - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time "    MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time " - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 3:50 pm

Actually, Halo was originally made for PC and it was later "ported" back to PC. The controls are fine.

The reason PC players owned the console players is simple. You get more precise aim by using the mouse.
Back to top Go down

MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time " - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time "    MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time " - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 8:19 pm

NightFang91 wrote:
Actually, Halo was originally made for PC and it was later "ported" back to PC. The controls are fine.

The reason PC players owned the console players is simple. You get more precise aim by using the mouse.

Actually Halo was being made for Mac, then MS bought it out. But I am better with a controller, its all about preference.
Back to top Go down
NightFang91
NightFang91

PostSubject: Re: MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time "    MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time " - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 9:36 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:

Actually Halo was being made for Mac, then MS bought it out. But I am better with a controller, its all about preference.
Mac is a type of Personal Computer. Halo was developed for both Mac OS and Windows to be released simultaneously.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time "    MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time " - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 11:10 pm

NightFang91 wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

Mac is a type of Personal Computer. Halo was developed for both Mac OS and Windows to be released simultaneously.

Correct.

Halo started as an RTS, which shifted to a TPS, then to the FPS we are familiar with. However I am not sure of the exact time between Bungie making it an RTS, and then being hired by Microsoft. I am also not sure if the genre change was because of the job they were given (I am extremely certian it was though).

As for Mouse vs Controller, Mouses are more precise and can be used more effectively on higher sensitivities. So yes I do agree with what you said about the mouse vs controller, Nightfang.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time "    MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time " - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 11:22 pm

NightFang91 wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

Well yeah, but generally when people use the term PC they mean Windows.
Back to top Go down
Inuboy1000
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Inuboy1000

PostSubject: Re: MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time "    MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time " - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 11:52 pm

They outta have mods in Xbox 360 FPS's. It would be awesome I gotta admit!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Inuboy1000z
Jsamps
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time "    MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time " - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 4:22 am

[quote="FullMetalKendo"]They outta have mods in Xbox 360 FPS's. It would be awesome I gotta admit![/quote]

And I'm sure you are one of those losers who boost in MW2.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time "    MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time " - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 5:53 pm

Jsamps wrote:
FullMetalKendo wrote:

I dont thats the type of mod he was talking about...
Back to top Go down
Jossa81
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Jossa81

PostSubject: Re: MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time "    MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time " - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 6:31 pm

Jsamps wrote:
FullMetalKendo wrote:

Before you quote someone and call them a loser you should go to the help topic and learn how to actually quote them Neutral
Back to top Go down
Diplo
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Diplo

PostSubject: Re: MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time "    MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time " - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 12:15 pm

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call Of Pripyat (localized) was the best game of 2010

I want to see another game reach its level of atmosphere
Back to top Go down
AvodCS

PostSubject: Re: MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time "    MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time " - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 12:36 pm

1080p
Maxed out games that graphically destroy any console game.
Mouse + Keyboard, and I can get a 360 controller and just plug it in if I want to.
Back to top Go down
Paratrooper1n0
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Paratrooper1n0

PostSubject: Re: MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time "    MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time " - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 12:29 pm

Yeezy wrote:
still nothing?
see?

PC gaming is dead

You are the dumbest person I have ever seen (Excuse any foul language and insults but retards like this piss me off to the brink).
PC gaming is the opposite of dead. PC gamers are the best gamers on any platform. PC has more people than all the consoles this gen combine. Pro console gamers do use tactics but that's what? 30% of the 360 community and 50% of the PSN community while 80% of the PC community are Pro gamers. I can say this, something is not right with your brain. Also, RTS games suck? You are the most casual gamer next to MLD I have ever seen.
BF1942, Vietnam, 2, 2142, CSS and so forth. MW2: PC version is better, dumbass. The PC version of any shooter will always be better. You are seriously the dumbest troll I have seen. Modifying a game is a good thing, it adds replay value. Also Punkbuster deals with any cheaters in most games. that I have seen.
Good day... *Facepalm*
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time "    MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time " - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 9:53 pm

Paratrooper1n0 wrote:
Yeezy wrote:
still nothing?
see?

PC gaming is dead

You are the dumbest person I have ever seen (Excuse any foul language and insults but retards like this piss me off to the brink).
PC gaming is the opposite of dead. PC gamers are the best gamers on any platform. PC has more people than all the consoles this gen combine. Pro console gamers do use tactics but that's what? 30% of the 360 community and 50% of the PSN community while 80% of the PC community are Pro gamers. I can say this, something is not right with your brain. Also, RTS games suck? You are the most casual gamer next to MLD I have ever seen.
BF1942, Vietnam, 2, 2142, CSS and so forth. MW2: PC version is better, dumbass. The PC version of any shooter will always be better. You are seriously the dumbest troll I have seen. Modifying a game is a good thing, it adds replay value. Also Punkbuster deals with any cheaters in most games. that I have seen.
Good day... *Facepalm*

Bold statement mate.

XBOX 360- 51 million
PS3- 47 million
Wii- 85 million.

Taking into account overlap and multiple purchases, that still puts console people well over 100 million. Steam has 30 million subscribers last i checked.

50% of the PSN community are pro gamers?
I really doubt that seeing as all console MLG games are played on XBOX 360. I think you might want to rethink who you are calling an idiot. And 80% of PC gamers are pro gamers is just a number that you made up, which is completely invalid. Just because he doesn't like RTS, this makes him a casual gamer how?
Back to top Go down
Paratrooper1n0
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Paratrooper1n0

PostSubject: Re: MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time "    MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time " - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 11:11 pm

ghost23 wrote:
Paratrooper1n0 wrote:
Yeezy wrote:
still nothing?
see?

PC gaming is dead

Good day... *Facepalm*

Bold statement mate.

XBOX 360- 51 million
PS3- 47 million
Wii- 85 million.

Taking into account overlap and multiple purchases, that still puts console people well over 100 million. Steam has 30 million subscribers last i checked.

I really doubt that seeing as all console MLG games are played on XBOX 360. I think you might want to rethink who you are calling an idiot. And 80% of PC gamers are pro gamers is just a number that you made up, which is completely invalid. Just because he doesn't like RTS, this makes him a casual gamer how?

Note, I said people. Not sales. I didn't use steam until 2011 and most of my friends don't use steam. And I believe that was 30 mil active users. Could be wrong though.
Not only the RTS thing but he know nothing about PC gaming. Maybe I exaggerated a bit on the PC gamer part, more like around 60 - 70%. "MLG games" MY GOD THAT PISSES ME OFF. I don't give two shits about MLG. Until they beat me and my team I ain't giving them any respect for all the hype 360 fanboys give them. My apologizes if my behavior is a little off. This shit pisses me off, ignorance mainly is what gets me pissed. I have had more of a challenge on PSN with my preferred controller than on XBL with my non preferred controller.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time "    MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time " - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 12:25 am

Paratrooper1n0 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Paratrooper1n0 wrote:
Yeezy wrote:
still nothing?
see?

PC gaming is dead

Good day... *Facepalm*

Bold statement mate.

XBOX 360- 51 million
PS3- 47 million
Wii- 85 million.

Note, I said people. Not sales. I didn't use steam until 2011 and most of my friends don't use steam. And I believe that was 30 mil active users. Could be wrong though.
Not only the RTS thing but he know nothing about PC gaming. Maybe I exaggerated a bit on the PC gamer part, more like around 60 - 70%. "MLG games" MY GOD THAT PISSES ME OFF. I don't give two shits about MLG. Until they beat me and my team I ain't giving them any respect for all the hype 360 fanboys give them. My apologizes if my behavior is a little off. This shit pisses me off, ignorance mainly is what gets me pissed. I have had more of a challenge on PSN with my preferred controller than on XBL with my non preferred controller.

Yeah and I said take into account overlap of people buying multiple consoles or breaking consoles, console gaming has an audience of over 100 million. I really doubt that there are still over 100 million PC gamers these days.
Back to top Go down
Paratrooper1n0
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Paratrooper1n0

PostSubject: Re: MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time "    MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time " - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 12:49 am

ghost23 wrote:
Yeah and I said take into account overlap of people buying multiple consoles or breaking consoles, console gaming has an audience of over 100 million. I really doubt that there are still over 100 million PC gamers these days.

360: 30 mil (Confirmed MS, 2011), PS3: EST full, maybe 40 mil, Wii: 80+ mil most having a 360 or PS3 as well. Some having all 3. So around 100 mil. Then there are a lot of that 100 mil that also game on PC.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time "    MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time " - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 9:11 am

Paratrooper1n0 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

360: 30 mil (Confirmed MS, 2011), PS3: EST full, maybe 40 mil, Wii: 80+ mil most having a 360 or PS3 as well. Some having all 3. So around 100 mil. Then there are a lot of that 100 mil that also game on PC.

I've been reading your posts and I have to say you are a handicap, some of your statements make me cringe. Either that or you are a master troll. Please tell me its the latter. And if your wondering why I think that, just have a look at some of your previous posts. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Paratrooper1n0
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Paratrooper1n0

PostSubject: Re: MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time "    MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time " - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 10:41 am

Stoney wrote:
Paratrooper1n0 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

I've been reading your posts and I have to say you are a handicap, some of your statements make me cringe. Either that or you are a master troll. Please tell me its the latter. And if your wondering why I think that, just have a look at some of your previous posts. Rolling Eyes

I know the reason why you might think that. Yeezy really pissed me off with his ignorance so I can see why me raging at him might make me look like a "troll" which I am fully against. I apologize for my behavior in that comment but again it's only one comment I don't plan to rage again unless I am unable to tolerate MLD's ignorance.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time "    MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time " - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 11:33 am

Paratrooper1n0 wrote:
Stoney wrote:
Paratrooper1n0 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

I know the reason why you might think that. Yeezy really pissed me off with his ignorance so I can see why me raging at him might make me look like a "troll" which I am fully against. I apologize for my behavior in that comment but again it's only one comment I don't plan to rage again unless I am unable to tolerate MLD's ignorance.

Forget MLD, some of your posts make it seem your looking for a reaction, it's one thing preferring PS3 to the 360 or PC gaming to console gaming but it does seem, from about 70% of your posts, you want some respond. You call various people fanboys, yet your post make you seem like one yourself, whether you meant it that way I dont know. As for Yeezy, it's obvious he doesn't know what he's talking about, but if it pisses off PC fanboys, then so be it. The worst of worst type of fanboys.
Back to top Go down
Skycrawler
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Skycrawler

PostSubject: Re: MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time "    MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time " - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 11:42 am

Stoney wrote:
Paratrooper1n0 wrote:
Stoney wrote:
Paratrooper1n0 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

Forget MLD, some of your posts make it seem your looking for a reaction, it's one thing preferring PS3 to the 360 or PC gaming to console gaming but it does seem, from about 70% of your posts, you want some respond. You call various people fanboys, yet your post make you seem like one yourself, whether you meant it that way I dont know. As for Yeezy, it's obvious he doesn't know what he's talking about, but if it pisses off PC fanboys, then so be it. The worst of worst type of fanboys.
Why do you think people argue? Everyone has a question or statement that calls for a response - It's called debating...
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time "    MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time " - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 1:08 pm

Stoney wrote:
Paratrooper1n0 wrote:
Stoney wrote:
Paratrooper1n0 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

I'd say Halo fanboys are the worst. At least PC fanboys have legitimate reasons to be one (or I hope so, anyway).
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time "    MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time " - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 7:04 pm

Ihsahn wrote:
Stoney wrote:
Paratrooper1n0 wrote:
Stoney wrote:
Paratrooper1n0 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

I'd say Halo fanboys are the worst. At least PC fanboys have legitimate reasons to be one (or I hope so, anyway).

You can always go back to this image. A picture says a thousand words.

MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time " - Page 2 PCgamer
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time "    MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time " - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 8:03 pm

Haha can't deny a lot of PC fanboys are elitists.
Back to top Go down
zinc
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
zinc

PostSubject: Re: MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time "    MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time " - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 8:14 pm

This is boring.
We discussed this topic already!!!
PC and Consoles have there strengths and weaknesses. It all falls on the gamer.
Back to top Go down
Skycrawler
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Skycrawler

PostSubject: Re: MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time "    MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time " - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 8:27 pm

zinc wrote:
This is boring.
We discussed this topic already!!!
PC and Consoles have there strengths and weaknesses. It all falls on the gamer.
I don't think saying this will help these forums. Think about it...This whole site was created from an elitist. So the followers, (as well as his anti's), are going to have a mindset to challenge what any body else says. Not to say he doesn't appreciate other things.

BTW: I'm speaking very loosely here. Everyone has their reasons for being here. I personally like this site. bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time "    MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time " - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

MS "killed" PC/Xbox cross-platform play - "The console players got destroyed every time "
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next