This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Do you think.....

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

Do you think..... Empty
PostSubject: Do you think.....   Do you think..... EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 3:23 pm

...games like Crysis, Uncharted 2, or Gears of War 2 would have lower scores on Metacritic if they looked like Ps2 games?
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Stigma

Do you think..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you think.....   Do you think..... EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 3:42 pm

Of course they would. Although they'd be affected differently. Crysis the most, then Uncharted 2, then Gears 2 in severity.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

Do you think..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you think.....   Do you think..... EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 1:21 am

That's kind of sad though. That just because a game looks good it gets extra points.
Back to top Go down

Do you think..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you think.....   Do you think..... EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 1:27 am

Pickles wrote:
That's kind of sad though. That just because a game looks good it gets extra points.

Well graphics factor into reviews.
Back to top Go down
Yusuke Urameshi
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Yusuke Urameshi

Do you think..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you think.....   Do you think..... EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 1:34 am

Well welcome to the world of IGN and other reviewers
Back to top Go down
ghost23

Do you think..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you think.....   Do you think..... EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 3:15 am

Maybe. From what I've heard, Super Mario Galaxy 2 has a completely rubbish storyline but it still got 10/10 from every site.
Back to top Go down
Yusuke Urameshi
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Yusuke Urameshi

Do you think..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you think.....   Do you think..... EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 3:37 am

ghost23 wrote:
Maybe. From what I've heard, Super Mario Galaxy 2 has a completely rubbish storyline but it still got 10/10 from every site.

Well the gameplay is good

but yeah the story is ass
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

Do you think..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you think.....   Do you think..... EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 1:03 am

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Pickles wrote:

Well graphics factor into reviews.

I don't think graphics should be counted for extra points. Pretty CGI didn't make Avatar the best movie of all time.
Back to top Go down
Jossa81
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Jossa81

Do you think..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you think.....   Do you think..... EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 1:12 am

I doubt its extra points. All games are based on certain criteria and Graphics happens to be one of them
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

Do you think..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you think.....   Do you think..... EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 6:04 am

Yeah, that's why I don't believe in reviews.
To me, Bully/Bully: Scholarship Edition, Fable 2, Left 4 Dead 1/2, Demon Souls, Dragon Age Origins, Midnight Club LA, Splinter Cell Conviction, Heavy Rain, Assassins Creed I and Alan Wake are all AAA games.

But still, in terms of console war, ratings are the most reliable sources that present to us the quality of the games, so we have so we need to stick with them.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Jossa81
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Jossa81

Do you think..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you think.....   Do you think..... EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 6:13 am

The problems with ratings in the console wars is that ratings are based on an average of a lot of peoples opinions where as people who make vids about the games are based on one persons opinion
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

Do you think..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you think.....   Do you think..... EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 7:35 pm

demondragondude wrote:
To me, Bully/Bully: Scholarship Edition, Fable 2, Left 4 Dead 1/2, Demon Souls, Dragon Age Origins, Midnight Club LA, Splinter Cell Conviction, Heavy Rain, Assassins Creed I and Alan Wake are all AAA games.

But still, in terms of console war, ratings are the most reliable sources that present to us the quality of the games, so we have so we need to stick with them.

Then how do you decide if a game is worth your money?
Back to top Go down
Jossa81
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Jossa81

Do you think..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you think.....   Do you think..... EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 8:36 pm

Pickles wrote:
demondragondude wrote:

Ask the magic 8 ball
Back to top Go down

Do you think..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you think.....   Do you think..... EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 9:28 pm

Jossa81 wrote:
Pickles wrote:
demondragondude wrote:

Ask the magic 8 ball

It never lies.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

Do you think..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you think.....   Do you think..... EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 6:01 am

Pickles wrote:
demondragondude wrote:

I look at gameplay and take a risk. Sure I read reviews too but even if they give negative reviews I'm still usually willing to give the game a try anyway so long as the gameplay looks appealing to me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Jossa81
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Jossa81

Do you think..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you think.....   Do you think..... EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 7:11 am

demondragondude wrote:
Pickles wrote:
demondragondude wrote:

I look at gameplay and take a risk. Sure I read reviews too but even if they give negative reviews I'm still usually willing to give the game a try anyway so long as the gameplay looks appealing to me.

That's what I usually do myself. Go to youtube and watch other people play it.
Back to top Go down

Do you think..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you think.....   Do you think..... EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 11:46 am

Jossa81 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Pickles wrote:
demondragondude wrote:

That's what I usually do myself. Go to youtube and watch other people play it.

Same here. Gameplay can show a lot of things that they missed in reviews.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Do you think..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you think.....   Do you think..... Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you think.....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: User Created :: Rants, Articles, Columns, Videos-
Jump to: