This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Xbla Games: Why They Count

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Xbla Games: Why They Count Empty
PostSubject: Xbla Games: Why They Count   Xbla Games: Why They Count EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 6:21 am

This is based upon Generalmld's response to 7thlevl Part 3. He made the point that arcade/downloadable games DO COUNT as part of the software library a system has.

I just want to expand on this a bit because evidently a lot of ps3 fanboys believe that only retail games count.
Well, a lot of people own an iphone or an ipod touch. How many retail games does that have? Zero. It completely revolves around it's appstore. You get everything there: Games, utilities, comics, books, etc
But because it's all downloadable are you saying that those apps couldn't be brought up if you were comparing it to the DS or PSP?
Well, maybe not the novelties but the actual games themselves, those are valid because they exist. Simple as that. If it exists, whether it's downloadable or available in a store makes no difference, it's up to the consumer if he wants a system which has retail games or downloadable games and then it's up to the console war to decide which system exceeds in the game aspect, no matter what format.

What do you guys think? Psn & Xbla count?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Xbla Games: Why They Count   Xbla Games: Why They Count EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 6:46 am

They definitely count. Some of the games on XBLA are just as good as full retail releases. PS3 fanboys just try to say that it doesnt count because they are definitely losing in downloadable games.
Back to top Go down
Jossa81
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Jossa81

PostSubject: Re: Xbla Games: Why They Count   Xbla Games: Why They Count EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 6:50 am

In the section about owning PS3 fanboys there was a moderator that agreed with me that if its on the 360 and not on the PS3 it should count and visa versa. Thats how it should be so we can debate the games, features, and the console itself instead of wasting our time debating on which games should count.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Xbla Games: Why They Count   Xbla Games: Why They Count EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 6:56 am

Jossa81 wrote:
In the section about owning PS3 fanboys there was a moderator that agreed with me that if its on the 360 and not on the PS3 it should count and visa versa. Thats how it should be so we can debate the games, features, and the console itself instead of wasting our time debating on which games should count.

Yes but erm.... features? As long as they're gaming related. Razz
Back to top Go down
Jossa81
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Jossa81

PostSubject: Re: Xbla Games: Why They Count   Xbla Games: Why They Count EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 7:09 am

demondragondude wrote:
Jossa81 wrote:

Don't start talking about filters man.....I really want to get away from that. Games on the system are games on the system. Quoting MLD "They have to be reviewed on the console to count" "I only count Metacritic scores", and "PSone games are just emulation" Well Metacritic has rankings for the PSone games and there are 143 over 70 on it and if they are straight emulations the scores from PSone should still be valid. If they are changed they should be re-reviewed.....dammit. Wait a minute....you're trying to get me booted aren't you! Wink
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Xbla Games: Why They Count   Xbla Games: Why They Count EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 7:15 am

Jossa81 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Jossa81 wrote:

Don't start talking about filters man.....I really want to get away from that. Games on the system are games on the system. Quoting MLD "They have to be reviewed on the console to count" "I only count Metacritic scores", and "PSone games are just emulation" Well Metacritic has rankings for the PSone games and there are 143 over 70 on it and if they are straight emulations the scores from PSone should still be valid. If they are changed they should be re-reviewed.....dammit. Wait a minute....you're trying to get me booted aren't you! Wink

Hahaha nah you wont get booted for that Wink

But anyway, ps1 ... meh I don't know. Standards change from generation from generation. The games that were AAA in 1990whatever wouldn't even be seen as A now.
If there were ps2 backwards compatibility on all systems perhaps I'd let it slide personally but yeah... I dunno. I don't count Xbox classics.
Anyway, if you're buying a new system you don't say "ooh look at all those ps1 games, i want to buy those", no you look at the new games. The games of the generation. If ps3 had 1 game but all ps1 games and 360 had no backwards compatibility but around 100 next-gen games, which would be seen as a better system?
Obviously 360.

I don't make up the rules anyway, I really don't care tbh XD
I'm just going to go play my xbox. lol
Back to top Go down
Jossa81
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Jossa81

PostSubject: Re: Xbla Games: Why They Count   Xbla Games: Why They Count EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 7:39 am

Good point, but what needs to happen is that both sides come together and establish what will be the basis on comparing the consoles. Right now we have filters being thrown at filters, which is entertaining, but doesn't get around to the heart of the matter.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Xbla Games: Why They Count   Xbla Games: Why They Count EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 7:42 am

Jossa81 wrote:
Good point, but what needs to happen is that both sides come together and establish what will be the basis on comparing the consoles. Right now we have filters being thrown at filters, which is entertaining, but doesn't get around to the heart of the matter.

Perhaps....

but if we get "to the heart of the matter" then it's going to be impossible to compare them because there are so many different aspects of each system and who really can be the judge of how important each factor is?

Some people may say the fact that 360 has cross game chat or whatever it's called, makes it the best system ever but ps3 fanboys may say it's a useless feature. Some ps3 fanboys may say blu ray is the best thing to ever be put on a system because the games can be bigger but 360 fanboys can say multiple disk are fine.

Hell, the console war itself is ridiculously flawed. But that's the fun of it. xD
Back to top Go down
Jossa81
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Jossa81

PostSubject: Re: Xbla Games: Why They Count   Xbla Games: Why They Count EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 7:57 am

demondragondude wrote:
Jossa81 wrote:

Perhaps....

but if we get "to the heart of the matter" then it's going to be impossible to compare them because there are so many different aspects of each system and who really can be the judge of how important each factor is?

Some people may say the fact that 360 has cross game chat or whatever it's called, makes it the best system ever but ps3 fanboys may say it's a useless feature. Some ps3 fanboys may say blu ray is the best thing to ever be put on a system because the games can be bigger but 360 fanboys can say multiple disk are fine.

Hell, the console war itself is ridiculously flawed. But that's the fun of it. xD
Back to top Go down
Jossa81
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Jossa81

PostSubject: Re: Xbla Games: Why They Count   Xbla Games: Why They Count EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 8:03 am

Thank you for stating my point for me better than I did. Cross game chat...feature, Bluray....feature, they should be considered under what console has better features and that is a good argument. What wouldn't be a good argument is why certain games should count and others don't. We should have more discussions on why Bluray is essential/or not, and why xgame chat is essential/or not and so on
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Xbla Games: Why They Count   Xbla Games: Why They Count Empty

Back to top Go down

Xbla Games: Why They Count
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: 360 vs PS3-
Jump to: