This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.



 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

 

 Halo's move from Bungie to 343

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

How do you feel about Halo moving developers?
Great Idea
Halo's move from Bungie to 343 Vote_lcap74%Halo's move from Bungie to 343 Vote_rcap
 74% [ 14 ]
This sucks, I want Bungie to make them always!
Halo's move from Bungie to 343 Vote_lcap26%Halo's move from Bungie to 343 Vote_rcap
 26% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 19
 

AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



Halo's move from Bungie to 343 Empty
PostSubject: Halo's move from Bungie to 343   Halo's move from Bungie to 343 EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 4:19 pm

This is for discussion on Halo moving from Bungie to 343.

My thoughts on it are positive, since I don't want Bungie to just make Halo and only Halo (One of the reasons I liked their moving out of Microsoft). So I am very glad to see them move on. I am also glad that, even though they took some Bungie employees, they only took a small number (I heard 3 at most), and they weren't known people at Bungie except Frankie.

How do you feel about Halo moving?
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Spartan v07

Posts : 690
Join date : 2009-09-11

Halo's move from Bungie to 343 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo's move from Bungie to 343   Halo's move from Bungie to 343 EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 4:34 pm

I don't want an unknown crappy company like 343 trying to feed off someone else success. tell them to make their own games,bungie should make Halo and only them. They probably will too after the new one. Dev's can work on more than one ip.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Halo's move from Bungie to 343 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo's move from Bungie to 343   Halo's move from Bungie to 343 EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 4:59 pm

Spartan v07 wrote:
I don't want an unknown crappy company like 343 trying to feed off someone else success. tell them to make their own games,bungie should make Halo and only them. They probably will too after the new one. Dev's can work on more than one ip.

I can see what you mean, but Bungie wants to go away from Halo, at least for 10 years anyway. Microsoft makes money with Halo and they own Halo so they can do what they want with it. But I would HATE it if all Bungie made was Halo. Not saying you implied that.

I do admit, it would have been nice to have Halo go down when Bungie wants it to (better then risking the new developers), but Microsoft won't have that.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Halo's move from Bungie to 343 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo's move from Bungie to 343   Halo's move from Bungie to 343 EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 5:09 pm

I think this could be good. I really want to see what Bungie is capable of besides just Halo this gen.
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Spartan v07

Posts : 690
Join date : 2009-09-11

Halo's move from Bungie to 343 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo's move from Bungie to 343   Halo's move from Bungie to 343 EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 5:15 pm

Ezekiel 703 wrote:
Spartan v07 wrote:
I don't want an unknown crappy company like 343 trying to feed off someone else success. tell them to make their own games,bungie should make Halo and only them. They probably will too after the new one. Dev's can work on more than one ip.

I can see what you mean, but Bungie wants to go away from Halo, at least for 10 years anyway. Microsoft makes money with Halo and they own Halo so they can do what they want with it. But I would HATE it if all Bungie made was Halo. Not saying you implied that.

I do admit, it would have been nice to have Halo go down when Bungie wants it to (better then risking the new developers), but Microsoft won't have that.

Bungie doesn't want to leave halo forever,they just wanted to make a new ip. They love Halo and their fans,they wont betray them. Bungie can make Halo and others ip's,other developers do it including Epic games[gears of war]
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Halo's move from Bungie to 343 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo's move from Bungie to 343   Halo's move from Bungie to 343 EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 5:22 pm

Spartan v07 wrote:
Ezekiel 703 wrote:
Spartan v07 wrote:
I don't want an unknown crappy company like 343 trying to feed off someone else success. tell them to make their own games,bungie should make Halo and only them. They probably will too after the new one. Dev's can work on more than one ip.

I can see what you mean, but Bungie wants to go away from Halo, at least for 10 years anyway. Microsoft makes money with Halo and they own Halo so they can do what they want with it. But I would HATE it if all Bungie made was Halo. Not saying you implied that.

I do admit, it would have been nice to have Halo go down when Bungie wants it to (better then risking the new developers), but Microsoft won't have that.

Bungie doesn't want to leave halo forever,they just wanted to make a new ip. They love Halo and their fans,they wont betray them. Bungie can make Halo and others ip's,other developers do it including Epic games[gears of war]

I never said they wanted to leave Halo forever. I am just glad they are making non-Halo IPs. They may love Halo, but they have no control over it since Microsoft owns it.

As for their fans, it depends on what fans you refer to, the Bungie fans or the Halo fans. Bungie did anger their fanbase before, they did it in 2000 when they joined Microsoft.
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Spartan v07

Posts : 690
Join date : 2009-09-11

Halo's move from Bungie to 343 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo's move from Bungie to 343   Halo's move from Bungie to 343 EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 6:23 pm

Ezekiel 703 wrote:
Spartan v07 wrote:
Ezekiel 703 wrote:
Spartan v07 wrote:
I don't want an unknown crappy company like 343 trying to feed off someone else success. tell them to make their own games,bungie should make Halo and only them. They probably will too after the new one. Dev's can work on more than one ip.

I can see what you mean, but Bungie wants to go away from Halo, at least for 10 years anyway. Microsoft makes money with Halo and they own Halo so they can do what they want with it. But I would HATE it if all Bungie made was Halo. Not saying you implied that.

I do admit, it would have been nice to have Halo go down when Bungie wants it to (better then risking the new developers), but Microsoft won't have that.

Bungie doesn't want to leave halo forever,they just wanted to make a new ip. They love Halo and their fans,they wont betray them. Bungie can make Halo and others ip's,other developers do it including Epic games[gears of war]

I never said they wanted to leave Halo forever. I am just glad they are making non-Halo IPs. They may love Halo, but they have no control over it since Microsoft owns it.

As for their fans, it depends on what fans you refer to, the Bungie fans or the Halo fans. Bungie did anger their fanbase before, they did it in 2000 when they joined Microsoft.

Microsoft would know that fans want Halo done by bungie,they aren't that dense. A deal can easily be done in where Bungie does a new ip and then does a Halo game after it like insomniac or others developers do. I was talking about bungie halo fans,look at cod word at war,it sold less than cod 4,people aren't that stupid to know who makes what. when bungie left apple fans it certainly wasn't nearly as big of a fanbase as they hav now,it was actually a pretty small following.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)


Posts : 3425
Join date : 2009-12-16
Location : Australia

Halo's move from Bungie to 343 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo's move from Bungie to 343   Halo's move from Bungie to 343 EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 7:26 pm

I think its good that Bungie is taking a break from Halo. From a creative side, 10 years is a long time to work on a single title and sometimes the product can suffer from this.
Also 343 is not some crappy developer, they have a lot of the ex-bungie employees and everything they have given us so far, Halo Legends, Halo Waypoint and the new Halo novels have been top quality and if you watched their Comic Con panel, they know what they are doing.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Halo's move from Bungie to 343 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo's move from Bungie to 343   Halo's move from Bungie to 343 EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 7:39 pm

I never implied that they would leave Halo forever, and was already aware of the possibility of them making another Halo game in the future. I know people are not stupid when it comes to who makes what, and don't remember saying they were, but for now they have to deal with 343 for Halo games, until Bungie possibly comes back to make another. As for them leaving their mac fanbase, it had nothing to do with how big it was, it was to say that they have angered their fanbase in the past, I don't see what size has to do with it.

As for the term "Bungie halo fans" I am not sure if you are mixing both or are only referring to one. Since there is a difference in the two.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Halo's move from Bungie to 343 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo's move from Bungie to 343   Halo's move from Bungie to 343 EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 7:41 pm

ghost23 wrote:
I think its good that Bungie is taking a break from Halo. From a creative side, 10 years is a long time to work on a single title and sometimes the product can suffer from this.
Also 343 is not some crappy developer, they have a lot of the ex-bungie employees and everything they have given us so far, Halo Legends, Halo Waypoint and the new Halo novels have been top quality and if you watched their Comic Con panel, they know what they are doing.

The only notable person they lost was Frankie who was Halo's content manager, everyone else was easily replaceable, though it was not as much as people think, they actually only lost two people.

Frank O' Connor and Nathan Walpol (at least I think that is how you spell his last name).
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Spartan v07

Posts : 690
Join date : 2009-09-11

Halo's move from Bungie to 343 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo's move from Bungie to 343   Halo's move from Bungie to 343 EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 7:47 pm

Ezekiel 703 wrote:
I never implied that they would leave Halo forever, and was already aware of the possibility of them making another Halo game in the future. I know people are not stupid when it comes to who makes what, and don't remember saying they were, but for now they have to deal with 343 for Halo games, until Bungie possibly comes back to make another. As for them leaving their mac fanbase, it had nothing to do with how big it was, it was to say that they have angered their fanbase in the past, I don't see what size has to do with it.

As for the term "Bungie halo fans" I am not sure if you are mixing both or are only referring to one. Since there is a difference in the two.

What you mean they need to rely on 343 for halo games. there is enough this gen,i don't think there will be anymore this gen.also by next gen enough time would have passed for bungie to put that new ip out and be ready for the next halo game.you don't need one every time,every 3 years like before is fine.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Halo's move from Bungie to 343 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo's move from Bungie to 343   Halo's move from Bungie to 343 EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 7:50 pm

Spartan v07 wrote:
Ezekiel 703 wrote:
I never implied that they would leave Halo forever, and was already aware of the possibility of them making another Halo game in the future. I know people are not stupid when it comes to who makes what, and don't remember saying they were, but for now they have to deal with 343 for Halo games, until Bungie possibly comes back to make another. As for them leaving their mac fanbase, it had nothing to do with how big it was, it was to say that they have angered their fanbase in the past, I don't see what size has to do with it.

As for the term "Bungie halo fans" I am not sure if you are mixing both or are only referring to one. Since there is a difference in the two.

What you mean they need to rely on 343 for halo games. there is enough this gen,i don't think there will be anymore this gen.also by next gen enough time would have passed for bungie to put that new ip out and be ready for the next halo game.you don't need one every time,every 3 years like before is fine.

I can agree to that, but what I meant by "rely" was that if someone wanted a brand new halo game, like if they didn't want to wait for Bungie's possible return. I agree with the 3 year cycle (unlike COD's 2 year cycle).
Back to top Go down
xjosh360s
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
xjosh360s

Posts : 680
Join date : 2009-11-15
Location : Xbox HQ

Halo's move from Bungie to 343 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo's move from Bungie to 343   Halo's move from Bungie to 343 EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 1:02 am

i dont really know bungie sucks for ditching microsoft and halo but most of the skilled halo makers are at 343 industries so im ok with it
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Halo's move from Bungie to 343 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo's move from Bungie to 343   Halo's move from Bungie to 343 EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 1:25 am

xjosh360s wrote:
i dont really know bungie sucks for ditching microsoft and halo but most of the skilled halo makers are at 343 industries so im ok with it

How do they suck for ditching Microsoft? It was one of their smartest moves, even the Bungie fans praised it. They also only have 2 Bungie employees, luckily for the Halo fans, 343's leader Frank O' Connor is the former Halo content manager.
Back to top Go down
Inuboy1000
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Inuboy1000

Posts : 681
Join date : 2010-07-15
Age : 27
Location : None of Your Business!

Halo's move from Bungie to 343 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo's move from Bungie to 343   Halo's move from Bungie to 343 EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 1:32 am

Since its unlikely that Bungie will make a new Halo after Reach I vote for the first option.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Inuboy1000z
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)


Posts : 3425
Join date : 2009-12-16
Location : Australia

Halo's move from Bungie to 343 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo's move from Bungie to 343   Halo's move from Bungie to 343 EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 1:35 am

FullMetalKendo wrote:
Since its unlikely that Bungie will make a new Halo after Reach I vote for the first option.

They'll likely come back to it eventually.
Back to top Go down
Pein
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
Pein

Posts : 1984
Join date : 2010-01-12
Age : 26
Location : Amagakure

Halo's move from Bungie to 343 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo's move from Bungie to 343   Halo's move from Bungie to 343 EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 4:33 am

i vote for the first option,im interested to see the new ip bungie will make,and i have halo legends and i thought it was kick-ass,343 knows its thing and i think they can make a awesome halo game like bungie did
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
Blixtstorm

Posts : 2699
Join date : 2009-09-12
Age : 31
Location : Swēoþēod/Svíþjóð

Halo's move from Bungie to 343 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo's move from Bungie to 343   Halo's move from Bungie to 343 EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 5:03 am

FullMetalKendo wrote:
Since its unlikely that Bungie will make a new Halo after Reach I vote for the first option.

This is not completely unlikely

because the lead producer of Bungie said, that they might not be done with Halo, so we never know...

Halo 4 may be co-developed with 343 and Bungie before giving the cape fully to 343.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

Posts : 3050
Join date : 2009-09-30
Location : Area 51

Halo's move from Bungie to 343 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo's move from Bungie to 343   Halo's move from Bungie to 343 EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 11:30 am

Spartan v07 wrote:
I don't want an unknown crappy company like 343 trying to feed off someone else success. tell them to make their own games,bungie should make Halo and only them. They probably will too after the new one. Dev's can work on more than one ip.
Crappy company? What do you base that assumption on? Certainly not facts. Corrine Yu is their lead programmer so the technical side is definitely going to be solid. I think 343 will do a great job.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corrinne_Yu
Also.
http://techreport.com/discussions.x/18925
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
Arbiteris

Posts : 5064
Join date : 2009-09-15
Location : Sanghelios

Halo's move from Bungie to 343 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo's move from Bungie to 343   Halo's move from Bungie to 343 EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 2:36 pm

343 a crappy developer?That poast alone proves that you should actually look up facts first,not assumptions.

I think its great for Bungie to move on.But at the same time I love how Halo isnt gonna die when Bungie do leave.343 know what there doing,they have created Halo novels,merchandise,Halo waypoint and Hao legends.343 seem very commited to Halo and to its fanbase,and they also have ex top bungie members leading it so its not liek the develoepr is gonig to bve fully new and unexperienced.oh yes,plus the fact that they dont have to worry about money issues,scince they have MS backing them up fully.

Screw anyone who wants Halo to die lol
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

Posts : 3050
Join date : 2009-09-30
Location : Area 51

Halo's move from Bungie to 343 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo's move from Bungie to 343   Halo's move from Bungie to 343 EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 2:50 pm

HellJumper wrote:
343 a crappy developer?That poast alone proves that you should actually look up facts first,not assumptions.

I think its great for Bungie to move on.But at the same time I love how Halo isnt gonna die when Bungie do leave.343 know what there doing,they have created Halo novels,merchandise,Halo waypoint and Hao legends.343 seem very commited to Halo and to its fanbase,and they also have ex top bungie members leading it so its not liek the develoepr is gonig to bve fully new and unexperienced.oh yes,plus the fact that they dont have to worry about money issues,scince they have MS backing them up fully.

Screw anyone who wants Halo to die lol
QFT
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Halo's move from Bungie to 343 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo's move from Bungie to 343   Halo's move from Bungie to 343 EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 2:57 pm

HellJumper wrote:
343 a crappy developer?That poast alone proves that you should actually look up facts first,not assumptions.

I think its great for Bungie to move on.But at the same time I love how Halo isnt gonna die when Bungie do leave.343 know what there doing,they have created Halo novels,merchandise,Halo waypoint and Hao legends.343 seem very commited to Halo and to its fanbase,and they also have ex top bungie members leading it so its not liek the develoepr is gonig to bve fully new and unexperienced.oh yes,plus the fact that they dont have to worry about money issues,scince they have MS backing them up fully.

Screw anyone who wants Halo to die lol

The only "top" member was Frank O' Connor, I am glad they choose him, he was Halo's content manager, so at least everything should have a Halo feel.

The other guy was Nathan Walpole, but he was only an animator.
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Spartan v07

Posts : 690
Join date : 2009-09-11

Halo's move from Bungie to 343 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo's move from Bungie to 343   Halo's move from Bungie to 343 EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 9:05 pm

i still think Bungie will make The master chief Halo later down the road.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

Posts : 2812
Join date : 2009-11-03
Age : 32
Location : In the gutter

Halo's move from Bungie to 343 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo's move from Bungie to 343   Halo's move from Bungie to 343 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 10:05 am

Its a good idea. Seen as some of Bungies top people are now at 343, I think? Anyways Bungie, although Im sure they love the franchise, must be a bit tired of making Halo games. Cant wait to see what they release now they a multi-plat.
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Spartan v07

Posts : 690
Join date : 2009-09-11

Halo's move from Bungie to 343 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo's move from Bungie to 343   Halo's move from Bungie to 343 EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 12:45 pm

If 343 really is going to be taking over for Bungie then they need Marty o donell,i can't imagine a Halo game without his music. I'd imagine they can borrow him or something if they really are taking it over. Time should tell....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Halo's move from Bungie to 343 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo's move from Bungie to 343   Halo's move from Bungie to 343 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Halo's move from Bungie to 343
Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» New Halo toys - at the right bloody scale?!
» New Cheerleading Move Code
» Finish Twinkle Toes Quest, Get A New Move and Couch!
» Magazine Move
» Age of empire 9.9.9 --Reliable strong move book : Terminator Series

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: Halo-
Jump to: