This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I hate creating shit in video games.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

I hate creating shit in video games. Empty
PostSubject: I hate creating shit in video games.   I hate creating shit in video games. EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 8:07 pm

Who else has a problem with creating stuff in games? It took me almost an hour to make my Shepard in Mass Effect. I wanted him to be perfect. 3 hours into the game I realized he looked stupid and wanted to start all over.

This is why I'm gonna be frustrated as hell when I try forge world in Halo Reach. And why I'll never want to play LittleBigPlanet.

C'mon. I know I'm not the only one.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: I hate creating shit in video games.   I hate creating shit in video games. EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 9:44 pm

Yeah I'm not much of a creative person myself. I like to leave that stuff to the people who are good at it.

And what do you mean you get frustrated when you try Forge World? Have u played Reach?
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: I hate creating shit in video games.   I hate creating shit in video games. EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 11:09 pm

Pickles wrote:
Who else has a problem with creating stuff in games? It took me almost an hour to make my Shepard in Mass Effect. I wanted him to be perfect. 3 hours into the game I realized he looked stupid and wanted to start all over.

This is why I'm gonna be frustrated as hell when I try forge world in Halo Reach. And why I'll never want to play LittleBigPlanet.

C'mon. I know I'm not the only one.

Why don't you wanna play LBP. it doesn't require you to make anything, you can just play stuff other ppl made, or the developer's stuff.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: I hate creating shit in video games.   I hate creating shit in video games. EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 11:18 pm

I spent 2 hours in forge once, then I pushed the button to delete something...except I didn't delete it, I deleted the thing behind it. It was just a block, but it was a pretty important block to what I was building. I had to build a bunch of shit underneath it to try and put it back into place. However by the time I got the blocks all the way up (it was suspended, like a bridge almost) I couldn't fit the block into place that way. It wouldn't fit because the blocks underneath and the surrounding blocks of the space were in the way. I couldn't fit it over the top either because there was stuff there that I would have had to delete which would have made the situation worse. So I had a tantrum and quit forge all together. I hate it too.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: I hate creating shit in video games.   I hate creating shit in video games. EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 11:35 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
I spent 2 hours in forge once, then I pushed the button to delete something...except I didn't delete it, I deleted the thing behind it. It was just a block, but it was a pretty important block to what I was building. I had to build a bunch of shit underneath it to try and put it back into place. However by the time I got the blocks all the way up (it was suspended, like a bridge almost) I couldn't fit the block into place that way. It wouldn't fit because the blocks underneath and the surrounding blocks of the space were in the way. I couldn't fit it over the top either because there was stuff there that I would have had to delete which would have made the situation worse. So I had a tantrum and quit forge all together. I hate it too.

That's something that they are fixing for Forge 2.0. No more spending hours just trying to get a single block right. Things can now be moved by the slightest angle and by the slightest centimeter. From what you said, it sounds like you would love Forge 2.0.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: I hate creating shit in video games.   I hate creating shit in video games. EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 11:29 pm

ghost23 wrote:
Yeah I'm not much of a creative person myself. I like to leave that stuff to the people who are good at it.

And what do you mean you get frustrated when you try Forge World? Have u played Reach?

I said it in the future tense.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I hate creating shit in video games.   I hate creating shit in video games. EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 11:51 pm

Yeah I sucked at LBP but forge world looks easy. I bet I can even make some good stuff on there though
Back to top Go down
Xiammes
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Xiammes

PostSubject: Re: I hate creating shit in video games.   I hate creating shit in video games. EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 11:54 am

I love creating things in games, I used to spend hours a day making people on the wrestling games. LBP is amazing for customization, but you don't have to make anything to play it.
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: I hate creating shit in video games.   I hate creating shit in video games. EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 12:13 pm

I dont like creating things aswell. I just like playing the game.
Back to top Go down
Doominator99
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: I hate creating shit in video games.   I hate creating shit in video games. EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 4:11 pm

On little big planet just click the random button and you can end up with an alien hippie ninja with a handlebar mustache and a hammer! Razz .................................. yea
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: I hate creating shit in video games.   I hate creating shit in video games. EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 8:09 pm

I don't like overly-complicated customization systems. I like what they did in White Knight Chronicles. Also Guitar Hero has good customization.

As for level design, I usually leave that up to the creative minds to do that for me. I crafted a few sloppy levels in Halo 3's Forge (never really play them) and I've never created a level in LittleBigPlanet (I do play a lot of custom levels, though, and I'm blown away by the creativity in some of them).
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: I hate creating shit in video games.   I hate creating shit in video games. EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 10:53 am

I love creation Smile

But only when the interface is good. On Saints Row it's so limited no matter what, you end up with someone who looks stupid.

And on Oblivion the interface was a little dodgy and so even if you spent agess creating the character, if you accidentally change some certain options, your character will be reset. >.<

And WOW is pretty limited, I mean if you are paying £10 per month you should at least get more face options!!!!

Forge on Halo was ridiculous to use though, I spent ages making something look good and then it all collapsed or got out of place. Reach should sort this out.

LittleBigPlanet is fun but takes a lot of time.

Any other game though, I love creation!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Doominator99
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: I hate creating shit in video games.   I hate creating shit in video games. EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 12:14 pm

im still waiting for somebody to release a FPS entirely dedicated to creation so you can make your own Campain, cutscenes, co op and multiplayer levels, game modes, weapons and characters from scratch.
Halos forge world only lets you use what they give you and you cant change the terrain
Little big planet isnt a shooter
Far cry 2 map maker always ends up looking like an african level lol
Timesplitters is a last gen series
modnation racers isnt a shooter

AAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!! WHY WHY WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *bursts into tears*
Back to top Go down
Lt Xplosi
Lt Xplosi

PostSubject: Re: I hate creating shit in video games.   I hate creating shit in video games. EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 2:51 pm

i love making my own chars sheppard however should stay the way he is orginal

but in oblivion fallout Etc i couldnt imagine not doing my own char
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I hate creating shit in video games.   I hate creating shit in video games. Empty

Back to top Go down

I hate creating shit in video games.
Page 1 of 1