This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My thoughts on the Mass Effect 2 demo

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

My thoughts on the Mass Effect 2 demo  Empty
PostSubject: My thoughts on the Mass Effect 2 demo    My thoughts on the Mass Effect 2 demo  EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 2:53 pm

Thanks to Kendo for saying there was one. Anyway, I have a lot of people telling me in particular to get Mass Effect 2 (I know he was joking, but HJ tried to petition me to get it, and said I should multiple times) including HellJumper, Jubjub, XJosh360, and Arnt God of War to name a few.

Now I am going to say a couple things first. This demo was my first time playing Mass Effect 2 at all. Reasons why I wouldn't get the second game was that I could not get into the first game, and hated the gameplay of the first, and that I never actually thought I might even consider purchasing the game that I saw an entire playthrough of the game and most of the side quests were completed in it, I also saw both endings and I know the story. So the odds seem to be against me getting it since the main reason you get an RPG is for the story.

Now onto the demo.

Story- I already know the story, but the demo gives you the first level in the Cerberus medical facility, and then you are taken to the Purgatory Prison Station.

Graphics- Standard Science Fiction environment(s)

Music- The music is well timed and sets the mood well.

Gameplay- Alright this is probably the only interesting part of this impression since I already know the music, graphics, art, and story, so that means that the only thing that could possibly convince me to get this game is the gameplay. The gun play is changed for the better since you now have clips instead of the stupid over-heating weapons. That was something I liked even from the playthrough. The AI is not something to acclaim at all, my companions died about 2-4 times and both your allies and enemies make stupid mistakes in combat (like how your allies die frequently or how the enemy will mostly stay in the open). The puzzles were okay, not fun but not boring, but I did see that you only have a few unique puzzles and they repeat themselves throughout the entire game. Next was the Power/Weapons Wheel, I can see from the demo and playthrough that it was still there and they didn't change to much in the rather tedious thing.

The only thing that would have convinced me to buy the game was the gameplay, and...it was not enough, this demo has not convinced me to buy the game, sorry HellJumper Razz.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on the Mass Effect 2 demo    My thoughts on the Mass Effect 2 demo  EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 5:41 pm

Screw you ezek

Anyone else want to help pitition for Ezek buying Xbox's greatest RPG of all time?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on the Mass Effect 2 demo    My thoughts on the Mass Effect 2 demo  EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 6:18 pm

Wow, you are the first person I have heard who doesn't like it. Well I guess if you dont like it, why buy it? But I personally think its the greatest RPG series ever!
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Master Chief Petty Officer
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on the Mass Effect 2 demo    My thoughts on the Mass Effect 2 demo  EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 10:23 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Wow, you are the first person I have heard who doesn't like it. Well I guess if you dont like it, why buy it? But I personally think its the greatest RPG series ever!

Valkyria Chonicles > KOTOR > ME
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on the Mass Effect 2 demo    My thoughts on the Mass Effect 2 demo  EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 11:52 pm

Freemon34-YT wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

ME < OBLIVION < KOTOR < everything else < Valkyria Chronicles lol
Back to top Go down
DarkSwarm85
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on the Mass Effect 2 demo    My thoughts on the Mass Effect 2 demo  EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 11:58 pm

Mass Effect 1 is a AA game that got AAA review scores. (don't know why)

Mass Effect 2 is a AAA game that got AAA review scores.
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on the Mass Effect 2 demo    My thoughts on the Mass Effect 2 demo  EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 12:52 am

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

Lol you said ME is the worst RPG ever xD
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on the Mass Effect 2 demo    My thoughts on the Mass Effect 2 demo  EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 2:58 am

I respect your opinion, but I firmly believe that it is one of the best games on the 360.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on the Mass Effect 2 demo    My thoughts on the Mass Effect 2 demo  EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 1:16 pm

Dude, it's not about the gameplay, the story, the graphics, the setting...
It's about how it all fits together.
You start by trying to save your crew as your ship, the normandy goes up in flames.
Then you get stranded in space and suddenly everything changes.
People assume your dead because 2 years later, you wake up on a bed in Cerburus headquarters. They've been bringing you back to life and so you're ready to get back into action. Then it's great as you play the game to see it all tie together. You meet some of your old crew and you can ask them to rejoin you. And then it just gets great, you go through such awesome stuff, and the way you are the commander and the respect your crew have for you is awesome!

Then you go into these insane gunfights and the interaction you have is fantastic!

You NEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDD MASSSSSSS EEEEEFFFFFFFFEEEEEEECCCCTTTTTT 2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on the Mass Effect 2 demo    My thoughts on the Mass Effect 2 demo  EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 1:19 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Freemon34-YT wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

LMAO!

No, Oblivion > Fable II > Mass Effeect 2 > Dragon Age > Everything else > Valkyria Chronicles.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on the Mass Effect 2 demo    My thoughts on the Mass Effect 2 demo  EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 1:22 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
Screw you ezek

Anyone else want to help pitition for Ezek buying Xbox's greatest RPG of all time?

Yes!!
He needs Oblivion.

Oh mass effect you mean? In that case, NO!!!

Jk, of course. But remember that Oblivion is the greatest RPG ever made.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on the Mass Effect 2 demo    My thoughts on the Mass Effect 2 demo  Empty

Back to top Go down

My thoughts on the Mass Effect 2 demo
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: User Created :: Rants, Articles, Columns, Videos-
Jump to: