This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Every Gamer Is A Graphic Whore.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

Every Gamer Is A Graphic Whore. Empty
PostSubject: Every Gamer Is A Graphic Whore.   Every Gamer Is A Graphic Whore. EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 3:31 pm

One of the first movies was about a guy sneezing. Believe it or not, people actually paid money to see this. Later on they started using cheap tricks to make people disappear on-screen. People then stopped paying money for this shit and film directors started coming up with movies like the Wizard of Oz, movies that changed the you in some way.

Then why is every E3 about improvements in graphics and technology. It's never about improvements in story or character.

Gears Of War tried to impress people with it's graphics so they can forget about the mediocre story. For the sequel, they had to hire a professional writer. The same thing happened with Crysis.

What happens if Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo all of sudden say that the 360,Ps3, and Wii are going to be the last consoles ever made? To make things more interesting, what if PC gamers were no longer able to upgrade their rigs? Will you keep playing games even if you had to put up with the same graphics?

It seems that we only play video games just for the novelty of it. This happened with the Atari 2600. People just stopped playing because there wasn't another console to play.

http://www.cracked.com/article_15732_life-after-video-game-crash.html
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Every Gamer Is A Graphic Whore.   Every Gamer Is A Graphic Whore. EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 12:46 pm

Meh, I wouldn't generalise.

My favourite games ever have crap graphics.
Graphics are nice but not if the gameplay's not good. I'd take a good game with bad graphics over a game with good graphics and bad gameplay any day.

It's one of the reasons I'm not that keen on games like Uncharted 2, they look nice but they lack replay value (though I like the unlockable skins like the skeleton one) and UC2 in particular feels like Tomb Raider on rails.
I'd take a tomb raider game over it any day. I honestly wouldn't care if ps3, 360 and wii were the last systems ever made as long as games were consistantly released for them. A lot of "gamers" would mind but I wouldn't. If I can today, still play games which I found entertaining when I was 7, then I don't worry about the future of games.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: Every Gamer Is A Graphic Whore.   Every Gamer Is A Graphic Whore. EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 6:52 pm

demondragondude wrote:

Graphics are nice but not if the gameplay's not good. I'd take a good game with bad graphics over a game with good graphics and bad gameplay any day.

It's one of the reasons I'm not that keen on games like Uncharted 2, they look nice but they lack replay value (though I like the unlockable skins like the skeleton one) and UC2 in particular feels like Tomb Raider on rails.
I'd take a tomb raider game over it any day. I honestly wouldn't care if ps3, 360 and wii were the last systems ever made as long as games were consistantly released for them. A lot of "gamers" would mind but I wouldn't. If I can today, still play games which I found entertaining when I was 7, then I don't worry about the future of games.

Yeah I probably shouldn't have generalized but still.

Look at this shit.

http://digitaldaily.allthingsd.com/20100514/videogame-sales-crater/

Most gamers stop playing if there isn't something new about the graphics or format or w/e.

Unfortunately, gamers like us only make up a minority. We're the kind of people that still play games from 90's.

I bought Chrono Trigger for my DS and it's managed to be my favorite game of all time. Too bad, nobody else bought it.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Every Gamer Is A Graphic Whore.   Every Gamer Is A Graphic Whore. EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 10:42 am

Pickles wrote:
demondragondude wrote:

Yeah I probably shouldn't have generalized but still.

Look at this shit.

http://digitaldaily.allthingsd.com/20100514/videogame-sales-crater/

Most gamers stop playing if there isn't something new about the graphics or format or w/e.

Unfortunately, gamers like us only make up a minority. We're the kind of people that still play games from 90's.

I bought Chrono Trigger for my DS and it's managed to be my favorite game of all time. Too bad, nobody else bought it.

Hmm I see what you mean.

Well at least we know that we're the real gamers Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Every Gamer Is A Graphic Whore.   Every Gamer Is A Graphic Whore. EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 7:26 pm

There is graphics, then there is art style. A game could be a technical POS but could have a lovely art direction.
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: Every Gamer Is A Graphic Whore.   Every Gamer Is A Graphic Whore. EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 8:47 pm

Im not a graphics whore but I am an art whore...

Art > Graphics.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Every Gamer Is A Graphic Whore.   Every Gamer Is A Graphic Whore. Empty

Back to top Go down

Every Gamer Is A Graphic Whore.
Page 1 of 1