This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The official metroid other M thread

Go down 
+5
AtlasAir
Teckno
Arbiteris
Invincible
Shin_Akuma
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Shin_Akuma
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Shin_Akuma

The official metroid other M thread Empty
PostSubject: The official metroid other M thread   The official metroid other M thread EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 1:18 am

I bought a wii and pre ordered it. Shits gonna be awesome.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official metroid other M thread   The official metroid other M thread EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 1:31 am

To be honest the first Metroid I played was Corruption, it was eh. But since I have homebrew I will probably download this and give it a try Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shin_Akuma
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Shin_Akuma

PostSubject: Re: The official metroid other M thread   The official metroid other M thread EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 1:39 am

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
To be honest the first Metroid I played was Corruption, it was eh. But since I have homebrew I will probably download this and give it a try Very Happy

I like Metroid Prime 1 on the game cube the best. I got lost and stuck alot in corruption.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official metroid other M thread   The official metroid other M thread EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 1:54 am

Shin_Akuma wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

I like Metroid Prime 1 on the game cube the best. I got lost and stuck alot in corruption.

Yeah, I thought it was bad level design in Corruption.
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: The official metroid other M thread   The official metroid other M thread EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 9:54 am

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Shin_Akuma wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

That's just the way Metroid is. You're a rat in a maze. I thought Corruption was a lot easier to figure out then the first Metroid Prime.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: The official metroid other M thread   The official metroid other M thread EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 3:13 pm

Im skeptic on Other M
Back to top Go down
Teckno
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: The official metroid other M thread   The official metroid other M thread EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 4:16 pm

Invincible wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Shin_Akuma wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

That's just the way Metroid is. You're a rat in a maze. I thought Corruption was a lot easier to figure out then the first Metroid Prime.
Yea, I think Corruption is a lot easier to figure out then Prime 1..
Back to top Go down
AtlasAir

AtlasAir

PostSubject: Re: The official metroid other M thread   The official metroid other M thread EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 4:18 pm

My favorite video game series is Metroid so I believe I'll pick up a wii just for this.

Also first post, hello everybody.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: The official metroid other M thread   The official metroid other M thread EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 8:53 pm

Did anyone see the live-action ad for Metroid: Other M? There was that curvaceous blonde playing Zero Suit Samus. WANT TO TOUCH . . . SO BADLY. Shocked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qn6Isg0bmVU
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: The official metroid other M thread   The official metroid other M thread EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 8:01 am

TRF wrote:
Did anyone see the live-action ad for Metroid: Other M? There was that curvaceous blonde playing Zero Suit Samus. WANT TO TOUCH . . . SO BADLY. Shocked

Damn, that girl was fine.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: The official metroid other M thread   The official metroid other M thread EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 6:14 pm

Invincible wrote:
TRF wrote:

Damn, that girl was fine.
I would love to see a Metroid movie directed by the Wachowski siblings. The only problem is finding a sexy actress who looks the part and is also a good actress.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The official metroid other M thread   The official metroid other M thread EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 6:22 pm

Teckno wrote:
Invincible wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Shin_Akuma wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

Yea, I think Corruption is a lot easier to figure out then Prime 1..

Never played Prime 1 Razz
Back to top Go down
Shin_Akuma
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Shin_Akuma

PostSubject: Re: The official metroid other M thread   The official metroid other M thread EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 8:30 pm

Its the best one. Probably one of the greatest FPS's Ive ever played.
Back to top Go down

Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
▲

PostSubject: Re: The official metroid other M thread   The official metroid other M thread EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 2:58 pm

There is a torrent out, if anyone is interested.
Back to top Go down
xjosh360s
xjosh360s

PostSubject: Re: The official metroid other M thread   The official metroid other M thread EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 4:45 am

i never played metroid
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: The official metroid other M thread   The official metroid other M thread EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 10:23 pm

X Play gave it a very scathing review. 2/5

I was really looking foward to Other M, but not being able to move when you're in first person view is a total deal breaker for me.
Back to top Go down
Inuboy1000
Inuboy1000

PostSubject: Re: The official metroid other M thread   The official metroid other M thread EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 5:41 pm

Metroid: Other M equates to epic. I hope I get a Wii for Christmas so I can play this and Super Mario Galaxy 2.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Inuboy1000z

Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
▲

PostSubject: Re: The official metroid other M thread   The official metroid other M thread EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 12:20 pm

I have played about an hour of this so far. It seems okay, but nothing amazing, and not the best Metroid game.
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: The official metroid other M thread   The official metroid other M thread EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 9:21 pm

I rented it last week and after about 3 hours I had no desire to ever play it again. I liked the parts when it's in 2D, but the way 3rd person view is set up is a frustrating experience to say the least. You also no longer kill enemies to regain health and ammo. You just hold down the A button. Sounds easy, right? Thing is, you have to be literally on the brink of death for it to work. So good luck using it in the middle of a boss fight when you have one hit left before you're dead. This is by far the worst design flaw of the game...even worse then the annoying "where's waldo" moments that are forced upon you.

By far the worse Metroid game of all time and my vote for biggest let down of 2010. What the hell happened, Team Ninja?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The official metroid other M thread   The official metroid other M thread Empty

Back to top Go down

The official metroid other M thread
Page 1 of 1