This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Project S is: Age of Empires Online!

Go down 
+3
Reasoner
Blixtstorm
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Blixtstorm
Four Star General (Moderator)
Blixtstorm

Project S is: Age of Empires Online! Empty
PostSubject: Project S is: Age of Empires Online!   Project S is: Age of Empires Online! EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 5:11 am

http://kotaku.com/5614470/microsoft-releasing-age-of-empires-online

So fucking EPIC!!!!

Project S is: Age of Empires Online! 500x_online3

Project S is: Age of Empires Online! 500x_online2

Project S is: Age of Empires Online! 500x_online

Online Age of Empires 24/7, I cant fucking believe what im looking at.

"Developed by Robot Entertainment, which is comprised of former Age of Empires developers, it's a free-to-play online game that runs through Games for Windows Live. You can sign up for the beta here."
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Project S is: Age of Empires Online!   Project S is: Age of Empires Online! EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 1:01 pm

HELL YES!!! One of few PC games I will actually buy Razz gonna get this for sure.
Back to top Go down
Reasoner
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
Reasoner

PostSubject: Re: Project S is: Age of Empires Online!   Project S is: Age of Empires Online! EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 1:10 pm

Wtf? This game looks like its intended for 13 and under. I dont base a lot on graphics but wtf did they do to it? the aom game for 03 looks better then this.
Back to top Go down

Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
▲

PostSubject: Re: Project S is: Age of Empires Online!   Project S is: Age of Empires Online! EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 1:13 pm

Reasoner wrote:
Wtf? This game looks like its intended for 13 and under. I dont base a lot on graphics but wtf did they do to it? the aom game for 03 looks better then this.

I think it's a good style. Also, it's free-to-play, so you can't expect godly graphics.
Back to top Go down
Reasoner
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
Reasoner

PostSubject: Re: Project S is: Age of Empires Online!   Project S is: Age of Empires Online! EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 1:29 pm

GGM wrote:
Reasoner wrote:

I think it's a good style. Also, it's free-to-play, so you can't expect godly graphics.

I dont expect godly graphics, but I dont want this cartoonie crap. This video make sit looks for kids which form what I see it is,this aoe is definitely downgraded form the others.
Back to top Go down
Teckno
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Project S is: Age of Empires Online!   Project S is: Age of Empires Online! EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 3:06 pm

I love the art style and graphics. It's a million times better then AO3!
I'm so getting this game >:}
Blixt, is this really for free!
Back to top Go down
Reasoner
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
Reasoner

PostSubject: Re: Project S is: Age of Empires Online!   Project S is: Age of Empires Online! EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 3:47 pm

ColorfulNose wrote:

Project S is: Age of Empires Online! Aoe3wc_R

Thats AO3 unless you mean a different game? You seriously think this is worst graphics?? I suggest going to the optometrist, if you can find it.

This is the cartoon crap. No brainer to me lol...

Back to top Go down
Teckno

PostSubject: Re: Project S is: Age of Empires Online!   Project S is: Age of Empires Online! EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 4:02 pm

Reasoner wrote:
ColorfulNose wrote:

Project S is: Age of Empires Online! Aoe3wc_R

Thats AO3 unless you mean a different game? You seriously think this is worst graphics?? I suggest going to the optometrist, if you can find it.

This is the cartoon crap. No brainer to me lol...

Ok, the graphics aren't as good, that was my exaggeration cause I was so excited for this game.
I still stand by the Art Style point.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Project S is: Age of Empires Online!   Project S is: Age of Empires Online! EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 6:36 pm

Project S is: Age of Empires Online! Battle

Project S is: Age of Empires Online! Terrains-greek-inland

Project S is: Age of Empires Online! Capitalcity

Project S is: Age of Empires Online! Greekrockycoast

I think it looks really fun, and for ColofulNose, i think they mean that there is no online fee to play.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.ageofempiresonline.com/faq/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: "How much will it cost?"

A: "Stay tuned for more details."

Q: "What are the civilizations? Will there be additional civilizations throughout the life of the game?"

A: "The Greeks will be a launch civilization. We will offer other civilizations both at launch and post-launch but have yet to make any additional announcements."

Q: "Why the new look? What was wrong with the graphics before? It looks more “cartoony” now."

A: "Age of Empires includes a refreshed art style with an unprecedented level of detail. The new design is fun and approachable, and we believe it will help invite a brand-new audience to experience this classic franchise. It will still offer gameplay depth for fans of the franchise as well."

Back to top Go down
Reasoner
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
Reasoner

PostSubject: Re: Project S is: Age of Empires Online!   Project S is: Age of Empires Online! EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 3:12 am

Blixtstorm wrote:

A: "Age of Empires includes a refreshed art style with an unprecedented level of detail.

Why fresh something that was good before...? And make it worst?

The new design is fun and approachable

Thats a opinon.... a Bad one at that.

and we believe it will help invite a brand-new audience to experience this classic franchise.

You mean little kids.

It will still offer gameplay depth for fans of the franchise as well."

No...You ruined the series.

My little repsonse to whomever made these answers.

Back to top Go down
NightFang91
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer
NightFang91

PostSubject: Re: Project S is: Age of Empires Online!   Project S is: Age of Empires Online! EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 10:23 am

Looks like farmville. I guess they did it to get casual gamers to play it.

I'm disappointed.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Project S is: Age of Empires Online!   Project S is: Age of Empires Online! EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 11:16 am

lol, this thread reminds me of when Red Alert 3 gameplay was shown.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Project S is: Age of Empires Online!   Project S is: Age of Empires Online! EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 2:38 pm

Tuna wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
HELL YES!!! One of few PC games I will actually buy Razz gonna get this for sure.
You can't but it, it's free...

Its free to play online....meaning no online monthly costs....still gotta buy the game...
Back to top Go down
Xiammes
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Xiammes

PostSubject: Re: Project S is: Age of Empires Online!   Project S is: Age of Empires Online! EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 4:18 pm

I personally like the art style of the game. I love cell shaded games it makes the game feel more alive which is what the game is going for, 24/7 combat
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Project S is: Age of Empires Online!   Project S is: Age of Empires Online! EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 5:41 pm

So I got in to the BETA today, and I just have to say...

EPIC!

The art style is bloody amazing once you get used to it.
Music is epic and sounds aswell.
The levelling is hard and almost RPG like.

Too bad I'm not allowed to posts screens of it...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Project S is: Age of Empires Online!   Project S is: Age of Empires Online! Empty

Back to top Go down

Project S is: Age of Empires Online!
Page 1 of 1