This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Any Black Metal Fans?

Go down 
+6
Noelol
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Blixtstorm
DemonWolf
hALoN4t3R52
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Any Black Metal Fans? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Black Metal Fans?   Any Black Metal Fans? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 4:24 am

TRF wrote:
Does Bathory count as black metal or is that just Viking metal?

When you think of Black Metal you usually associate it with the Norwegian bands which started in the early 90's but these bands are part of the 'Second Wave' of Black Metal. Bathory is considered part of the 'First Wave' of Black Metal which also included bands such as Merciful Fate, Hellhammer, Celtic Frost and Venom. The term 'Black Metal' was first coined by the English band Venom with their 1982 album 'Black Metal' because us English pretty much invented everything.

If you like Bathory, one of my favourite bands called 'I' did a song dedicated to them which I think is better than anything Bathory has ever done.

Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Any Black Metal Fans?   Any Black Metal Fans? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 5:14 am

That's pretty awesome. Thanks for sharing. I still prefer Bathory, but damn, did that get me pumped.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Any Black Metal Fans?   Any Black Metal Fans? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 8:31 am

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. wrote:
TRF wrote:
Does Bathory count as black metal or is that just Viking metal?

When you think of Black Metal you usually associate it with the Norwegian bands which started in the early 90's but these bands are part of the 'Second Wave' of Black Metal. Bathory is considered part of the 'First Wave' of Black Metal which also included bands such as Merciful Fate, Hellhammer, Celtic Frost and Venom. The term 'Black Metal' was first coined by the English band Venom with their 1982 album 'Black Metal' because us English pretty much invented everything.

If you like Bathory, one of my favourite bands called 'I' did a song dedicated to them which I think is better than anything Bathory has ever done.

And if you didn't invent it you still claim you did. jk

Razz
Back to top Go down
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

PostSubject: Re: Any Black Metal Fans?   Any Black Metal Fans? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 10:28 am

Yeah I was joking anyway. Truth is we did invent a hell of alot of stuff, the only problem is we are shit at pretty much everything we do. Football is a good example, haha

Speaking of nationalities, where abouts are you from Stoney?
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Any Black Metal Fans?   Any Black Metal Fans? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 1:56 pm

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. wrote:
Yeah I was joking anyway. Truth is we did invent a hell of alot of stuff, the only problem is we are shit at pretty much everything we do. Football is a good example, haha

Speaking of nationalities, where abouts are you from Stoney?

Ireland. Dublin to be precise. Although I can't really comment on England been shit at football. We have Paul McShane starting for us, for fuck sake. Although the list of crappy players we have goes on and on. lol

Back to top Go down
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: Any Black Metal Fans?   Any Black Metal Fans? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 8:05 am

I really like Immortal and Dissection's Storm of the Lights Bane. But I'm more of a thrash metal/melodic death metal kinda guy.
Back to top Go down
hALoN4t3R52
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Any Black Metal Fans?   Any Black Metal Fans? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 9:48 pm

Invincible wrote:
I really like Immortal and Dissection's Storm of the Lights Bane. But I'm more of a thrash metal/melodic death metal kinda guy.
Thrash and Melo-Death? You listen to Lazarus A.D and Children of Bodom?
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: Any Black Metal Fans?   Any Black Metal Fans? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 10:40 pm

hALoN4t3R52 wrote:
Invincible wrote:

Never heard of Lazarus A.D. but I love Children of Bodom. Arch Enemy, Amon Amarth, Carcass, Death, Opeth, Sentenced and Dark Tranquillity are some of the other death metal bands I listen to. I like metal in general...pretty much all the genres other then the nu-metal shit that plaqued the 90's.

Metallica, Iced Earth, Megadeth, Testament, Exodus, Heathen, Overkill, Blistered Earth, Slayer, Kreator, Judas Priest, Nevermore, Black Sabbath, Metal Church, Anthrax, Mercyful Fate/King Diamond, Dio, Iron Maiden, Motorhead, Hammerfall, Blind Guardian, Lamb of God, Shadows Fall, Trivium....I have tons of music from all these guys.
Back to top Go down
hALoN4t3R52
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Any Black Metal Fans?   Any Black Metal Fans? - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 10:10 am

Invincible wrote:
hALoN4t3R52 wrote:
Invincible wrote:

Never heard of Lazarus A.D. but I love Children of Bodom. Arch Enemy, Amon Amarth, Carcass, Death, Opeth, Sentenced and Dark Tranquillity are some of the other death metal bands I listen to. I like metal in general...pretty much all the genres other then the nu-metal shit that plaqued the 90's.

Metallica, Iced Earth, Megadeth, Testament, Exodus, Heathen, Overkill, Blistered Earth, Slayer, Kreator, Judas Priest, Nevermore, Black Sabbath, Metal Church, Anthrax, Mercyful Fate/King Diamond, Dio, Iron Maiden, Motorhead, Hammerfall, Blind Guardian, Lamb of God, Shadows Fall, Trivium....I have tons of music from all these guys.

Lazarus A.D is new, but there still thrash. And there very good too.

Epic Moments:

0:45 Abbath's Crab Walk

2:17 Abbath's Fart

2:27 Ass Dance

5:23 Snowkick Followed by Frolicking

5:43 Abbath's Sons of a Northern Darkness Axe
Back to top Go down
hALoN4t3R52
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Any Black Metal Fans?   Any Black Metal Fans? - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 9:11 pm

Awesome.