This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Is Mass Effect 1 obsolete now?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

Is Mass Effect 1 obsolete now?  Empty
PostSubject: Is Mass Effect 1 obsolete now?    Is Mass Effect 1 obsolete now?  EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 2:35 pm

There seems to be a lot of worry over at the Bioware forums about how they will handle the choices people made in ME 1 now that ME 2 is coming to the PS3.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/103/index/4475514

I for one think the "Hours of bonus content" will be DLC (like a GOTY version) and a re-cap, with the option to pick choices from ME 1 i.e Save Wrex, Save the Council, Kaiden and Ashley etc etc.

What do you think?

Also this.

http://www.gamezenith.com/?p=869

EDIT: I bolded my opinion just incase another PS3 nation member posts one of my threads.

Last edited by xSTONEYx187x on Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Mass Effect 1 obsolete now?    Is Mass Effect 1 obsolete now?  EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 2:43 pm

The hours of bonus content will just be the DLC, just like the Oblivion GOTY edition or other games. Nothing special. But I think instead of the re-cap thing they should just port ME1 as well...

But if Bioware only implements ME2 decisions that would be just stupid and frankly that would piss me off. But I dont think Bioware would be stupid enough to do that.
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: Is Mass Effect 1 obsolete now?    Is Mass Effect 1 obsolete now?  EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 3:33 pm

I dunno, but if for Mass Effect 3 the decisions of first one dont count, there will be a shitstorm coming.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Mass Effect 1 obsolete now?    Is Mass Effect 1 obsolete now?  EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 3:36 pm

daveMastaKill wrote:
I dunno, but if for Mass Effect 3 the decisions of first one dont count, there will be a shitstorm coming.

Exactly. The ME fans which are all mainly based on PC/360 will not be happy. But like I said, I doubt Bioware will be stupid and do that.
Back to top Go down
optimusprime
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer
optimusprime

PostSubject: Re: Is Mass Effect 1 obsolete now?    Is Mass Effect 1 obsolete now?  EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 3:58 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
daveMastaKill wrote:

Exactly. The ME fans which are all mainly based on PC/360 will not be happy. But like I said, I doubt Bioware will be stupid and do that.

this is EA we are talking about remember? Sad

microsoft should of bought bioware after the success of knights of the old republic
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Mass Effect 1 obsolete now?    Is Mass Effect 1 obsolete now?  EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 4:00 pm

optimusprime wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
daveMastaKill wrote:

microsoft should of bought bioware after the success of knights of the old republic

Bioware makes the game. EA publishes it. Bioware decides whats in the game, so I still doubt that they will just ignore ME1 decisions.
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: Is Mass Effect 1 obsolete now?    Is Mass Effect 1 obsolete now?  EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 4:33 pm

This situation is very weird. I went to the Mass Effect forum and there's also alot of people pissed of about it. Not only 360's gamers but PC gamers too! They're afraid that the "extra-content" would be exclusive to the PS3.
I heard the BioWare & EA Facebook is full of hate messages too.
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: Is Mass Effect 1 obsolete now?    Is Mass Effect 1 obsolete now?  EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 4:38 pm

optimusprime wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
daveMastaKill wrote:

True, but i already say it once:
They're games are top-notch and always in the 90's. But i don't believe they are system sellers like Gears of War, Halo and Forza.
RPG's are still hard to appeal to most of the casuals even if they're full of non stop action like Mass Effect 2.
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: Is Mass Effect 1 obsolete now?    Is Mass Effect 1 obsolete now?  EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 4:42 pm

That's why i think Peter let Fable III hit the PC's too. To sell more.
Aiming for 5 million on the 360's alone? Good luck with that..
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: Is Mass Effect 1 obsolete now?    Is Mass Effect 1 obsolete now?  EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 6:33 pm

Is Mass Effect 1 obsolete now?  Mass_effect_sex
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: Is Mass Effect 1 obsolete now?    Is Mass Effect 1 obsolete now?  EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 6:36 pm

You see, do people really not want the decisions in the first game to matter in Mass Effect 3?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Mass Effect 1 obsolete now?    Is Mass Effect 1 obsolete now?  EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 10:56 pm

daveMastaKill wrote:
You see, do people really not want the decisions in the first game to matter in Mass Effect 3?

Yes......thats the point of the decision making, for it to matter in the next games....
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Is Mass Effect 1 obsolete now?    Is Mass Effect 1 obsolete now?  EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 4:40 am

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
The hours of bonus content will just be the DLC, just like the Oblivion GOTY edition or other games. Nothing special. But I think instead of the re-cap thing they should just port ME1 as well...

But if Bioware only implements ME2 decisions that would be just stupid and frankly that would piss me off. But I dont think Bioware would be stupid enough to do that.

Not gonna happen. Microsoft Game Studio's published ME1 and it will remain exclusive forever.
Back to top Go down
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

PostSubject: Re: Is Mass Effect 1 obsolete now?    Is Mass Effect 1 obsolete now?  EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 6:47 am

ghost23 wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

Not gonna happen. Microsoft Game Studio's published ME1 and it will remain exclusive forever.

I know Microsoft Game Studio's published the 360 version of Mass Effect 1 but EA published the Windows version 6 months later. So did that mean Microsoft sold the publishing rights of Mass Effect 1 to EA after it's initial release?
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Is Mass Effect 1 obsolete now?    Is Mass Effect 1 obsolete now?  EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 7:31 am

daveMastaKill wrote:

Of course. Thats what makes it unique. Even if the decisions you made in ME 1 weren't massive in ME 2, some of them will be, like the Rachni on your side or not? Who you saved on Virmire, the council etc etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Mass Effect 1 obsolete now?    Is Mass Effect 1 obsolete now?  EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 11:22 am

ghost23 wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:

If that happens then they better not Make ME1 decisions not matter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Mass Effect 1 obsolete now?    Is Mass Effect 1 obsolete now?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Is Mass Effect 1 obsolete now?
Page 1 of 1